April 28, 2024, 05:47:19 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 466018 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1380 on: June 11, 2011, 09:24:59 PM »
The Guardian has also picked up on Man U's transfer trend.  Sir Alex knows that Dalgish is a great spotter of talent, so he cyar go wrong by following Kenny's trail. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: June 16, 2011, 11:48:30 AM »
Liverpool brave fan reaction with blue kit

Thursday 16 June 2011 11.38 BST

Liverpool FC's third kit for the 2011-12 season incorporates blue – or, as the club
 delicately puts it, cyan. Photograph: taken from Liverpoolfc.tv

• New third-choice kit includes colour associated with Everton
• Supporters react with outrage on social media

Andy Hunter
guardian.co.uk

Liverpool will wear blue next season; or at least a splash of the colour synonymous with the other half of Merseyside, whenever the team adopts the club's new third-choice kit.

Photographs of Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt and Luis Suárez wearing the new strip were released today as Liverpool launched its latest range and supporters reacted on messageboards and Twitter with a combination of outrage and incomprehension.

According to the advertising pitch, the product is "a throwback to Liverpool's first ever home kit back in 1892 which incorporated alternate white and blue halves." It is also officially "white, cyan and black in colour".

Those who refuse to have the wool pulled over their eyes note the blue is the same as the predominant colour in the logo of the club's main sponsor, Standard Chartered.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/16/liverpool-blue-kit?CMP=twt_gu%EF%BB%BF

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 16, 2011, 12:38:22 PM »
So supposedly Newell's Old Boys have expressed an interest in Maxi and he's indicated a desire to return to Argentina.  Meireles has also drawn some interest from Inter, who seem keen on him.  With the new direction to younger players and a bloated payroll (Aquilani, Poulsen, Cole)... Kenny might be tempted to listen to a couple offers.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 16, 2011, 04:56:19 PM »
who would you rather downing or cazorla to play the left wing?
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 16, 2011, 05:38:12 PM »

Hard to say.. on the one hand I really like Cazorla, but I haven't really seen a whole lot of him seeing that I don't get to see Villareal but once or twice a year... if that.  I thought he had a chance to really shine last summer but obviously injury took care of that, but the promising sign is that he's back in the national picture.  So I like the potential he offers, but haven't seen much to rate him myself. 

Downing on the other hand I've seen a lot of, for both Boro and England, but I find him inconsistent.  On the one, he's already accustomed to the English game, but on the other his game itself is bland, just like so many other English players.  If I had to choose right now I'd probably say Cazorla.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: June 16, 2011, 05:51:13 PM »
Liverpool brave fan reaction with blue kit

Thursday 16 June 2011 11.38 BST

Liverpool FC's third kit for the 2011-12 season incorporates blue – or, as the club
 delicately puts it, cyan. Photograph: taken from Liverpoolfc.tv

• New third-choice kit includes colour associated with Everton
• Supporters react with outrage on social media

Andy Hunter
guardian.co.uk

Liverpool will wear blue next season; or at least a splash of the colour synonymous with the other half of Merseyside, whenever the team adopts the club's new third-choice kit.

Photographs of Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt and Luis Suárez wearing the new strip were released today as Liverpool launched its latest range and supporters reacted on messageboards and Twitter with a combination of outrage and incomprehension.

According to the advertising pitch, the product is "a throwback to Liverpool's first ever home kit back in 1892 which incorporated alternate white and blue halves." It is also officially "white, cyan and black in colour".

Those who refuse to have the wool pulled over their eyes note the blue is the same as the predominant colour in the logo of the club's main sponsor, Standard Chartered.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/16/liverpool-blue-kit?CMP=twt_gu%EF%BB%BF

Don't know what is all the fuss about.  The kit is pretty.  So what, we were formed to replace Everton when they were evicted from Anfield, but we ended up becoming the bigger of the two clubs.  We can't deny our history.  I buy one today.  I doh care.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 16, 2011, 05:53:38 PM »
So supposedly Newell's Old Boys have expressed an interest in Maxi and he's indicated a desire to return to Argentina.  Meireles has also drawn some interest from Inter, who seem keen on him.  With the new direction to younger players and a bloated payroll (Aquilani, Poulsen, Cole)... Kenny might be tempted to listen to a couple offers.

Part of rationale for maybe selling Meireles is that he is seen as injury prone, and at 28, he doesn't fit in with the trend that the club wants to go: young talent.  I think he's been very good thus far though.  We definitely missed him last couple of games. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 16, 2011, 07:36:36 PM »
Don't know what is all the fuss about.  The kit is pretty.  So what, we were formed to replace Everton when they were evicted from Anfield, but we ended up becoming the bigger of the two clubs.  We can't deny our history.  I buy one today.  I doh care.

You serious? lol... nah dred, dat ting  ugly.  Blue is my favorite color, but dat ent wukkin fuh me.  Me eh ever care about the whole Everton talk... Everton cyah compare tuh we and is only twice a year people even mention them in the same sentence.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: June 16, 2011, 10:54:42 PM »
Bag it, Bakes.  You'll probably never see another blue Liverpool shirt in your lifetime.  ;D

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 16, 2011, 10:57:39 PM »

Hard to say.. on the one hand I really like Cazorla, but I haven't really seen a whole lot of him seeing that I don't get to see Villareal but once or twice a year... if that.  I thought he had a chance to really shine last summer but obviously injury took care of that, but the promising sign is that he's back in the national picture.  So I like the potential he offers, but haven't seen much to rate him myself. 

Downing on the other hand I've seen a lot of, for both Boro and England, but I find him inconsistent.  On the one, he's already accustomed to the English game, but on the other his game itself is bland, just like so many other English players.  If I had to choose right now I'd probably say Cazorla.

i think i'd go with cazorla also. i havent seen too much of him either like you said maybe once or twice during the year. but recently i did see him play against usa and he played an awesome game. mata of valencia is another name that i saw under the radar, wouldnt mind him either.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 17, 2011, 08:30:18 AM »
Cazorla and Downing, both very good.  Cazorla is world class and gets overshadowed by Spain's current golden generation.  He's a trickier and more imaginative player than Downing. Downing is one of the cleanest strikers of the ball I've ever seen though...actually prefer him on the right side (i.e. right sided left footer) to cut in and shoot because he can let fly like no other if you give him an inch and sight of goal....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 24, 2011, 03:04:10 PM »
im seeing juventus is being linked to mierless....any weight behind the rumours?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: June 24, 2011, 03:15:12 PM »
im seeing juventus is being linked to mierless....any weight behind the rumours?

Supposedly was Inter after him last week... I don't want to see him leave as he was our best midfield player last season and at 28 (bald pate notwithstanding) still had a lot of football in him.  But if he wants to go then bless his heart... the club will carry on.  Truth is with Henderson's arrival and Poulsen, Aquilani et al still on the payroll, Kenny might be tempted for that £13 million price being reported.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 24, 2011, 10:37:20 PM »

Supposedly was Inter after him last week... I don't want to see him leave as he was our best midfield player last season and at 28 (bald pate notwithstanding) still had a lot of football in him.  But if he wants to go then bless his heart... the club will carry on.  Truth is with Henderson's arrival and Poulsen, Aquilani et al still on the payroll, Kenny might be tempted for that £13 million price being reported.

cool...i never really watched him too good to determine what kind of midfielder he is and if he could fit in Conte's 4-2-4 system with cuz with pirlo as one of the 2 CMs u hadda pair him wit d right kinda centre mid..

when august turn i hadda do a crash course in all things liverpool to get ready for d new season...i go walk wid dem...i go hadda get over dis hatred for gerrard tho...ah jes doh like d man for some reason!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 25, 2011, 07:18:22 AM »
cool...i never really watched him too good to determine what kind of midfielder he is and if he could fit in Conte's 4-2-4 system with cuz with pirlo as one of the 2 CMs u hadda pair him wit d right kinda centre mid..

when august turn i hadda do a crash course in all things liverpool to get ready for d new season...i go walk wid dem...i go hadda get over dis hatred for gerrard tho...ah jes doh like d man for some reason!

Meireles is a real boss most don't know much about him because this was his first season outside of Portugal.  I knew of him only because of stints with the national team, and the occasional Porto Champions League game, but really didn't know what we was buying.  But the man came in and was a boss from day one... he was the key reason why our season turned around.  Suarez stole the headlines towards the end, and coupled with some late scratches due to injury his play down  the stretch didn't match his early impact, but fans voted him player of the year.  True that's more popularity than anything, but it tells you the overall impact the man had on the team.  I think he'll be fantastic in Italy... but again, doh really want to see him go.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: June 25, 2011, 01:19:05 PM »

Meireles is a real boss most don't know much about him because this was his first season outside of Portugal.  I knew of him only because of stints with the national team, and the occasional Porto Champions League game, but really didn't know what we was buying.  But the man came in and was a boss from day one... he was the key reason why our season turned around.  Suarez stole the headlines towards the end, and coupled with some late scratches due to injury his play down  the stretch didn't match his early impact, but fans voted him player of the year.  True that's more popularity than anything, but it tells you the overall impact the man had on the team.  I think he'll be fantastic in Italy... but again, doh really want to see him go.

Good player:  box-to-box midfielder.  Good passing range, good skill, and great striker of the ball.  He seems to have a knack for getting in the right positions to score.  You can't buy that skill.  Only concern is that he might be a bit injury prone, and at 28 does not fit into the longterm strategy of the club - buying young and having resale value.  If they could get 13 mil for him from Juve, I think they'll let him go.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 06, 2011, 08:19:24 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14051735.stm

Liverpool agree deal to buy Blackpool's Charlie Adam

IN ASSOCIATION WITHPage last updated at 13:55 GMT, Wednesday, 6 July 2011 14:55 UK
E-mail this to a friend Printable version Liverpool have reached agreement with Blackpool for the transfer of Scottish midfielder Charlie Adam.

The Anfield club said Adam, 25, will now travel to Merseyside for a medical and to discuss personal terms.

In the January transfer window the Reds had two bids - the second worth £6.5m - rejected by the Seasiders, who were reportedly holding out for £9m.

But Liverpool reopened talks at the end of the season for a player who had only 12 months left on his contract.

More to follow.

I guess Enriques, Downing or Mata next... ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 06, 2011, 09:56:20 AM »
Villa rejected our opening bid of £15m or Downing... which is fine with me.  I know Kenny'll up the bid, but would much prefer Mata or Cazorla.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 06, 2011, 10:15:30 AM »
Villa rejected our opening bid of £15m or Downing... which is fine with me.  I know Kenny'll up the bid, but would much prefer Mata or Cazorla.

Been saying the same thing...Mata is the man I'd like.  No way Dowming worth 20 mil.  No disrespect, because he has been consistently a good EPL performer both with Borough and with Villa after he came back from surgery.  Villa just playing hard ball, cause they have already lost Young, and they don't want to send the message to already irate fans pissed off about the hiring of McLeish that they are a selling club with no ambition to challenge the big boys.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 14, 2011, 09:43:07 AM »
Been saying the same thing...Mata is the man I'd like.  No way Dowming worth 20 mil.  No disrespect, because he has been consistently a good EPL performer both with Borough and with Villa after he came back from surgery.  Villa just playing hard ball, cause they have already lost Young, and they don't want to send the message to already irate fans pissed off about the hiring of McLeish that they are a selling club with no ambition to challenge the big boys.

Well a £20m fee  has been agreed upon with Villa... so now only personal terms need to be worked out with Downing.  I'm not convinced... but greater minds apparently are.

In other news... Konchesky, bought from Fulham for £3m, sold to Leicester City for £1.5m
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:46:13 AM by Bakes »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: July 14, 2011, 11:23:44 AM »
Good player:  box-to-box midfielder.  Good passing range, good skill, and great striker of the ball.  He seems to have a knack for getting in the right positions to score.  You can't buy that skill.  Only concern is that he might be a bit injury prone, and at 28 does not fit into the longterm strategy of the club - buying young and having resale value.  If they could get 13 mil for him from Juve, I think they'll let him go.

From what I remember he was Portugal's best player this past WC... quality fo' sho'.

As far as his age goes, even with the buy low sell high strategy, yuh might have to keep some upper 20's men around for balance, especially in crucial parts of the field where experience shines bright....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:25:19 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 14, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »

Well a £20m fee  has been agreed upon with Villa... so now only personal terms need to be worked out with Downing.  I'm not convinced... but greater minds apparently are.

In other news... Konchesky, bought from Fulham for £3m, sold to Leicester City for £1.5m

I just think that all English talent is inflated.  He wasa definitely on last season, and was easily Middlesborough's best player when they were in the EPL.  I thought that Villa playeed hard ball and we sort of wanted him.  I don't doubt Dalgish though.  His history of buying for 'Pool has been very solid.  Now time for a left back: Enriques (Newcastle not budging on that 15 mil price tag), Cissoko, Alvaro Pereira, or Wayne Bridge?  Choose one.  I think we really want Enriques, but Newcastle really not budging.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 14, 2011, 12:03:08 PM »
I just think that all English talent is inflated.  He wasa definitely on last season, and was easily Middlesborough's best player when they were in the EPL.  I thought that Villa playeed hard ball and we sort of wanted him.  I don't doubt Dalgish though.  His history of buying for 'Pool has been very solid.  Now time for a left back: Enriques (Newcastle not budging on that 15 mil price tag), Cissoko, Alvaro Pereira, or Wayne Bridge?  Choose one.  I think we really want Enriques, but Newcastle really not budging.

I like Downing enough... can't remember much of him from his 'boro days to be honest.  My thing is that Kenny looking at his pace on the left to create width for us, and he has a nice left footed cross... perfect for Andy Carroll.  But what happens on days when that not clicking... as I posted in the LFCNY group?  Or when Carroll's out?  Can he create on his own?  Given that Ashley Young largely played the left side, have we seen enough of him to say he will thrive there?  As I said, I have my doubts... but obviously I don't have all the information and the keen eye that the coaching staff does.  I just hope it works out.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 14, 2011, 01:06:16 PM »
Can't disagree with anything that's been said. Downing wouldn't have been in my Dream XI, but he brings width on the field and depth to the squad. Plus, the Villa fans I've spoken to said he was like a new player this past season, and won Player of the Year (over Agbonlahor, Young etc).

Regarding the prices, I think we have to come to terms with the fact that we are going to be paying over the odds for a while. New (or at least recent) owners will always lead to a premium being demanded. Plus, as Tenorsaw said, English talent is inflated now, especially with the new Financial Fair Play rules taking effect soon.

I'm really excited about the potential formations that Dalglish might play.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 14, 2011, 04:31:42 PM »
Can't disagree with anything that's been said. Downing wouldn't have been in my Dream XI, but he brings width on the field and depth to the squad. Plus, the Villa fans I've spoken to said he was like a new player this past season, and won Player of the Year (over Agbonlahor, Young etc).

Regarding the prices, I think we have to come to terms with the fact that we are going to be paying over the odds for a while. New (or at least recent) owners will always lead to a premium being demanded. Plus, as Tenorsaw said, English talent is inflated now, especially with the new Financial Fair Play rules taking effect soon.

I'm really excited about the potential formations that Dalglish might play.

Yeah man, trust in Kenny.  Is not like de man hasn't been successful.  He even do it at Blackburn.  He is known to be very fluid in his tactics, so I imagine we'll see a lot of that this season.  Downing is now molding into the player that he was supposed to be.  If he keeps it up, he will become an England regular.  I expect him to now get even better, as he isa now around a better core of players than at Villa and Borough.

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 16, 2011, 12:42:42 PM »
anybody else taking in de malaysia XI v. liverpool game? good game going on. 4-3 liverpool leading right now with a few minutes left. i have to give malaysia credit they playing hard. as for liverpool de fellas looking sharp, couple loose ends but its only pre-season. aquilani playing good. under dalglish i think anything is possible. aquilani and meireles will become a very dangerous duo in the mid.

edi: 6-3 game done
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:51:12 PM by Trini Madness »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 16, 2011, 12:55:22 PM »
anybody else taking in de malaysia XI v. liverpool game? good game going on. 4-3 liverpool leading right now with a few minutes left. i have to give malaysia credit they playing hard. as for liverpool de fellas looking sharp, couple loose ends but its only pre-season. aquilani playing good. under dalglish i think anything is possible. aquilani and meireles will become a very dangerous duo in the mid.

Where was it showing?  Missed it, but hopefully they'll replay it later.

From the Malaysia tour... check de makeover some Liverpool fans give this idiot fella  :devil:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cv-CW3dkhvE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Cv-CW3dkhvE</a>

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 16, 2011, 03:29:30 PM »

Where was it showing?  Missed it, but hopefully they'll replay it later.

From the Malaysia tour... check de makeover some Liverpool fans give this idiot fella  :devil:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cv-CW3dkhvE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Cv-CW3dkhvE</a>

it was showing on FSC. they might show a re-run. not sure about that.

LMAO @ that fella!!!!! but come nah man yuh know better than that! coming to a liverpool game wearing a man u jersey? he lucky it wasnt at anfield, he woulda come out of anfield in a body bag.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 16, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »
sadist real brave tuh go in ah Liverpool section and do dat...

all dem years he supporting d wrong team....yuh could see like he realize d shit he doe and he want tuh convert...

...he sit down dey pondering....how to save face....

he lucky dat happen in Malaysia....

tis video should be used everytime we play Manure... ;D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 05:10:47 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 16, 2011, 05:23:45 PM »
It look like he went with he family or friends... that probably save him ah cutarse.  He lucky they ent make him go home bareback LOL

By de end ah de vid he look like he needed ah hug  :rotfl:

Sidenote:  These Far East tours is real money making propaganda boy oui foote.

1]; } ?>