April 29, 2024, 08:05:28 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 466734 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1470 on: August 14, 2011, 12:33:32 PM »
Liverpool v. Sunderland... player ratings

Jury is still out on Henderson.  Not sure he is a flank midfielder.   I see him coming off the bench eventually.  Meireles should have started.  Charlie Adams looks good spraying the ball 40-50 yards, but is a defensive liability.  Poor on tackling and his fitness is a concern to me..faded badly.  I'd play Kelly ahead of Flanagan and give the youngster time to develop playing cup games.  We should buy Gary Cahill.  He and Agger would be a good pairing.  Carragher  has great heart, but does not use the midfield when he is in possession of the ball at the back.

I rally have to agree on Henderson, but understandably Kenny may have felt it was "safe" to gamble by playing him on the right flank yesterday.  I like the kid, I think defensively he has the tenacity of a Mascherano-type player.  He certainly cannot start ahead of Meireles, and Kuyt provides better options along the right flank.  As for Flanagan, it seems bizarre to me that he started ahead of Kelly (who was fit and on the bench)... even more bizarre that he left him in the game the entire 90.  Maybe Kenny didn't want to shatter his confidence, since I'm sure even Flanno was aware that his performance wasn't up to par.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 20, 2011, 08:16:15 AM »
Leh we take these 3 points and run.  I think there was a lot of seasoned players on the pitch, and we never seemed threatened by a half-reserve Arsenal team.  Encouraging to see that we can bring Meireles and Suarez off the bench.  Some depth developing. Kelly showed that Dalgish got it wrong last week.  He was much more solid and composed than Flanagan.  3-deep in that position.  Hey, Agger has played TWO games in a row. Let me not jinx him. 

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 20, 2011, 12:05:53 PM »
Leh we take these 3 points and run... ;D

hear nah .i see Liverpool standing on d top of d table tonight.... :beermug:

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 20, 2011, 01:13:47 PM »
Some depth developing

That's an understatement I think. I'm pleased with today's performance and excited about our level of depth  :beermug:

Off subject, our away kit looks amazing  :beermug:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 20, 2011, 03:40:51 PM »
Enriques really manners Walcott today.  He has slotted in seamlessly.  Strong, quick, fundamentally solid, but good going forward.  I've been impressed by what I've seen from him thus far.  Good value for money.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: August 20, 2011, 11:14:51 PM »
I hear to preach ah li'l bit ah caution... we did well to final seize points that was ours all along.  Like  Tenorsaw say, leh we take that and go home and salt it away.  I remember the crazy battle for 4th place two seasons ago which saw us narrowly missing out, then the battle this past spring for 4 again.  We need to step on teams like Sunderland and Arsenal and put them away early.  No disrespect to Arsenal, I talking about the team that was fielded today... not the club itself.

That said... the major plus for me is Enrique, that man is boss.  Some fella in de comments to the article below talking about how Enrique only shining because ah Agger... like facking Agger beatsing man up de field fuh Enrique, or swinging he leg to send crosses to Carroll, lol.

Enrique siddung in dah left back role like is he own... yuh swear tailor make dat suit fuh him, fuss he bossing it.  Theo only show up today to pick up he check, and he lucky Enrique eh take dat too from him, fuss he manners him.  Pace for pace... step for step.  I ent go sit here and say that Enrique just as fast... b/c I doh think Theo really shifted into 5th today... but he get bottle up like dat scorpion yuh grandmother used tuh have soaking in rum in she medicine chest.  And on top ah dat man making solid contributions to the offense. 

We settling in nicely in defense now and Tenor right... we three deep at LB now.  Some ah dem madmen on Bleacher Report saying Kelly 10x better than Johnson.  Man does real get carried away yes.

Player ratings vs. Arsenal.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: August 21, 2011, 01:43:47 PM »
I hear to preach ah li'l bit ah caution... we did well to final seize points that was ours all along.  Like  Tenorsaw say, leh we take that and go home and salt it away.  I remember the crazy battle for 4th place two seasons ago which saw us narrowly missing out, then the battle this past spring for 4 again.  We need to step on teams like Sunderland and Arsenal and put them away early.  No disrespect to Arsenal, I talking about the team that was fielded today... not the club itself.

That said... the major plus for me is Enrique, that man is boss.  Some fella in de comments to the article below talking about how Enrique only shining because ah Agger... like facking Agger beatsing man up de field fuh Enrique, or swinging he leg to send crosses to Carroll, lol.

Enrique siddung in dah left back role like is he own... yuh swear tailor make dat suit fuh him, fuss he bossing it.  Theo only show up today to pick up he check, and he lucky Enrique eh take dat too from him, fuss he manners him.  Pace for pace... step for step.  I ent go sit here and say that Enrique just as fast... b/c I doh think Theo really shifted into 5th today... but he get bottle up like dat scorpion yuh grandmother used tuh have soaking in rum in she medicine chest.  And on top ah dat man making solid contributions to the offense. 

We settling in nicely in defense now and Tenor right... we three deep at LB now.  Some ah dem madmen on Bleacher Report saying Kelly 10x better than Johnson.  Man does real get carried away yes.

Player ratings vs. Arsenal.

Was reading the comments to the ratings last night, and I must say that some of it was rum shop talk.  Ah wonder if we all looked at the same match, because some of these guys were way left.  Encouraging that we didn't make the match look too hard.  Previously, we would still have struggled with a half-strength Arsenal.  The depth in quality is beginning to show.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 21, 2011, 06:51:49 PM »
Was reading the comments to the ratings last night, and I must say that some of it was rum shop talk.  Ah wonder if we all looked at the same match, because some of these guys were way left.  Encouraging that we didn't make the match look too hard.  Previously, we would still have struggled with a half-strength Arsenal.  The depth in quality is beginning to show.

We sure was trying fuh 70 mins though, LOL  I real encouraged by the defensive effort though... remember when Reina used tuh be putting up clean sheets like normal?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 21, 2011, 09:35:13 PM »

We sure was trying fuh 70 mins though, LOL  I real encouraged by the defensive effort though... remember when Reina used tuh be putting up clean sheets like normal?

Ent!  Bring back dem ole time days. :applause:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: August 21, 2011, 09:55:54 PM »
Capello impressed by Kelly

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/capello-impressed-by-kelly

England coach Fabio Capello admits he was left impressed with the performance of Martin Kelly during Liverpool's 2-0 win at Arsenal on Saturday.

The defender returned to the Reds' starting XI for the first time in the Barclays Premier League since picking up a hamstring injury in February and turned in an assured display at the Emirates to catch the eye of the watching Three Lions boss.

"I see some players (that are) interesting for me, some new players like Kelly the right-back, he is really interesting," said Capello.

"He is young and he played a good, good game."

*******************************************************************************************

I said since last season that he is fundamentally more solid than Glen Johnson, and that he would be the longterm right back for England.  He is defensively better than Johnson, and still is comfortable going forward.  Johnson probably has more flair, and probably is underrated as a defender.  I saw Johnson live vs. Fulham and he was making some headed clearance from crosses and corners that were unbelievable.  He'd get up and flick the crosses away at the highest point, and he did that all game.  Good competition for the right back spot:  Johnson, Kelly, and Flanno.  That is what we need.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: August 21, 2011, 10:45:13 PM »

Imagine it get to the point now where we celebrating ah shutout... but say what, yuh have to crawl before yuh could walk.

I said since last season that he is fundamentally more solid than Glen Johnson, and that he would be the longterm right back for England.  He is defensively better than Johnson, and still is comfortable going forward.  Johnson probably has more flair, and probably is underrated as a defender.  I saw Johnson live vs. Fulham and he was making some headed clearance from crosses and corners that were unbelievable.  He'd get up and flick the crosses away at the highest point, and he did that all game.  Good competition for the right back spot:  Johnson, Kelly, and Flanno.  That is what we need.

Was reading Capello statement just about ah hour ago... dat is high praise for Kelly, but he real shine in the three games I see him play.  Obviously haven't had the chance to see them in person like you... yet  ;D

I partial tuh Johnson doh... just like him more as ah player, but I know some want to see Kelly start over Johnson.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: August 22, 2011, 07:32:27 AM »

Imagine it get to the point now where we celebrating ah shutout... but say what, yuh have to crawl before yuh could walk.

Was reading Capello statement just about ah hour ago... dat is high praise for Kelly, but he real shine in the three games I see him play.  Obviously haven't had the chance to see them in person like you... yet  ;D

I partial tuh Johnson doh... just like him more as ah player, but I know some want to see Kelly start over Johnson.

Big divide on Liverpoolfc.tv on who should start: some for Johnson because at this best he is great to watch, while others like the defensive stability of Kelly.  Good selection headache for Dalgish.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: August 22, 2011, 03:12:49 PM »
Kyriagkos leaves to join Wolfsburg... great signing for them.  He was a good servant of the club during his brief time there.  Wish him all the best.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kyrgiakos-leaves-reds

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: August 22, 2011, 09:28:39 PM »
Kyriagkos leaves to join Wolfsburg... great signing for them.  He was a good servant of the club during his brief time there.  Wish him all the best.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kyrgiakos-leaves-reds

Good soldier, but was a liability last season --too many fouls in and around the box.  I think Dalgish became frustrated by him, and just couldn't trust him after a while.  All the best.  Bring in Cahill or Dann.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: August 24, 2011, 01:16:57 AM »
Supposedly Aquilani on the move to Milan... steups

Nothing official yet other than that Inside Futbol link... but twitter on fire with the talk too, supposedly announcement coming today.  Supposedly we the favorites to land Dann now too.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: August 24, 2011, 07:50:55 AM »
This Coates deal sounding like it going through.  A real good catch there.  Was on the radar of a lot of big teams, but looks like Suarez convinced him to come to Anfield.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 24, 2011, 09:30:14 AM »
This Coates deal sounding like it going through.  A real good catch there.  Was on the radar of a lot of big teams, but looks like Suarez convinced him to come to Anfield.

Yeah, so ah reading... I hope it's done and dusted soon. Didn't know much about him until the Copa, he real shine.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 24, 2011, 11:05:39 AM »

Yeah, so ah reading... I hope it's done and dusted soon. Didn't know much about him until the Copa, he real shine.

Yep...and he could walk de ball out of the back, or ping it for 40-50 yard pass.  Scores, and is fundamentally sound.  Imposing figure: 6ft 6 in.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 25, 2011, 07:23:18 AM »
Flanagan's been poor.  Out of position, giving it away needlessly, committing unnecessary fouls.  He'll learn.  Probably should have gone with more composed Kelly.

Absolutely agree... not sure if the moment got to him, but in all honesty he just seemed overmatched and outclassed by Larssen today.  Even in support play his positioning and decision-making were suspect at best.  Johnson won't be back for another two weeks so we have no choice but to go with him.  On the other side, Enrique was solid... but not spectacular.  I imagine he will only get better... his best play was late in the game when the S. Korean threw a shoulder into him and fell down, lol.  He's a strong dude.

On balance it's a great result for Sunderland... but poor for Liverpool  Suarez may have well as stay in the locker room at the half.  His touch and decision-making with the ball was dreadful... but considering he was a match-day decision, we should be thankful that he got those 75 mins under him.

The fact that Suarez started shows me that there is no confidence in Ngog, and that we need to buy another striker.  Bellamy woould be a good support guy at this point, but his wages might be prohibitive, and City might not want to sell to 'Pool.

I was just saying Bellamy because he is not going to play at City, but looks like Dalgish read my mind.  Some real traction to this rumor.  Apparently Bellamy is flattered by Dalgish's interest and is keen on returning to Anfield.  Dalgish would only bring him back on a free transfer, and Bellamy thus has to seek a payout from City.  Otherwise, looks like he could come.  Would be concerned about the dressing room because it is Bellamy, but Kenny has a way of soothing even the most implacable of characters, so we should be OK.  Plus, Riise gone.   ;)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1489 on: August 25, 2011, 08:56:38 AM »
Kenny has a way of soothing even the most implacable of characters...

Not doubting that Dalglish could handle Bellamy because I don't think Bellamy is as disagreeable as his rep....but what are the examples of these implacable characters that Dalglish has "soothed"?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 25, 2011, 11:27:20 AM »

Not doubting that Dalglish could handle Bellamy because I don't think Bellamy is as disagreeable as his rep....but what are the examples of these implacable characters that Dalglish has "soothed"?

The legend that he is makes players that are seemingly difficult to handle mellow out because they are in awe of Dalgish, not just because of what he represented as a player, but also his past managerial achievements.  They just find him a character that they would want to play for.  His charisma wins over the most difficult of personalities.  Look how Carroll has cooled down since his move to Anfield.  Dalgish has taken him under his wing as his son.  Sir Alex has a similar ability.  I think it's an old school trait that some of these managers have.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1491 on: August 26, 2011, 05:41:55 AM »

The legend that he is makes players that are seemingly difficult to handle mellow out because they are in awe of Dalgish, not just because of what he represented as a player, but also his past managerial achievements.  They just find him a character that they would want to play for.  His charisma wins over the most difficult of personalities.  Look how Carroll has cooled down since his move to Anfield.  Dalgish has taken him under his wing as his son.  Sir Alex has a similar ability.  I think it's an old school trait that some of these managers have.

Carroll was cooled down under Pardew too, so that is not a real example of a troublemaker. Your original post made it sound like you were referencing something that Dalglish actually did not speculating about how difficult players might respond to him.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 26, 2011, 08:12:07 AM »

Carroll was cooled down under Pardew too, so that is not a real example of a troublemaker. Your original post made it sound like you were referencing something that Dalglish actually did not speculating about how difficult players might respond to him.

Horse, you over-reading into man post.  This is not English Lit.  I didn't allude to anything like that in my post.  I just said he has a way about him.  I came out and said it was his charisma and persona.  What examples you looking for?

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1493 on: August 27, 2011, 08:48:16 AM »

Yep...and he could walk de ball out of the back, or ping it for 40-50 yard pass.  Scores, and is fundamentally sound.  Imposing figure: 6ft 6 in.

Is only now allyuh hearing bout Seba??
Since last year ah telling Hicks and them to sign him up
I know bout this fella bout 5 years ago..I pitch marbles and eat steak with he down by de Tacuremba River
We family know each other too...
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 27, 2011, 11:42:53 AM »
Fire!  Money well spent:  Downing, Enriques, Henderson, Adams.  Yes Dalgish....choose dem well.  'Pool on fire!  Ah know Coates liking what he seeing.  Sign him up!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 27, 2011, 12:21:12 PM »
Sloppy control by Carragher.  Clean sheet gone.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 27, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »
Sloppy control by Carragher.  Clean sheet gone.

Very poor finish to the game for Liverpool... took their feet off the gas after the Adam goal and were rightfully punished for it.  Entirely too casual the way they went about this game... starting with Suarez' attempt to chip Jaaskelainen in the first half rather that go around him or bury the shot.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/823660-liverpool-player-ratings-vs-bolton-wanderers
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:00:16 PM by Bakes »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1497 on: August 28, 2011, 05:51:07 AM »
Horse, you over-reading into man post.  This is not English Lit.  I didn't allude to anything like that in my post.  I just said he has a way about him.  I came out and said it was his charisma and persona.  What examples you looking for?

Not over-reading anything, that's why I asked you to clarify because it seemed Luke a reference to Dalglish's past experience.

I just don't remember Dalglish dealing with difficult players.

Your second post was very different to the first and cleared it up.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: August 29, 2011, 07:06:24 AM »

Not over-reading anything, that's why I asked you to clarify because it seemed Luke a reference to Dalglish's past experience.

I just don't remember Dalglish dealing with difficult players.

Your second post was very different to the first and cleared it up.

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: September 10, 2011, 11:05:41 PM »
A very disappointing display by Liverpool today.  Mark Clattenburg real screw we over with that penalty call... then ignore other legitimate shouts by us for the same.  Stoke pull a fast one by shortening the pitch by 10 yards and narrowing it by 4... that smaller pitch helped them stifle our midfield play.  In the end we have no one to blame but ourselves for failing to make the most of the chances we had.

Player Ratings vs. Stoke

1]; } ?>