April 26, 2024, 12:36:27 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 464717 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1620 on: November 19, 2011, 06:12:11 AM »
l'pool really got ass-raped here..but then again, its the market..

The thing that people never bring up is his wages. Most £35m players are paid > 120k a week, Carroll is (reportedly) on < 50k a week. Yes the transfer fee was huge, but when you take his wages into account, it wasn't THAT bad of a deal. Also, I think this consensus that Carroll is a flop/failure/expensive-waste-of-space is ridiculous. He's been a disappointment, yes, but I think he deserves a full season before any conclusions can be made.  :beermug:

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: November 19, 2011, 06:18:56 AM »
He does the World Football Phone-in every Friday night on BBC 5 Live. You can download the podcast here. They also have Shaun Wheelock every two weeks talking about North American football and US players.

He does World Football Daily on a regular basis

The World Football phone In is essential listening. In addition to Tim and Sean, they also have Andy Brassell on every other week talking about European football  :beermug:

giggsy11

« Reply #1622 on: November 20, 2011, 10:34:35 AM »
Suarez playing like he legs tired/heavy. Goal Liverstool!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: November 20, 2011, 12:31:39 PM »
Very up and down performance by Liverpool... we started the game very well, and I love the aggressive approach taken by Kenny.  This was his ninth straight Liverpool game unbeaten against Chelsea and from the lineup he selected you could tell he wasn't just planning on playing it safe.  Using Suarez and Bellamy up front, with Kuyt on the right wing and Maxi on the left, he had hungry players in the starting XI.

Second hald AVB pull the increasingly shitty Mikel and bring on Sturridge and the move paid dividends.  Malouda had to be Chelsea's MOM and I thought he had his way with Johnson.  Johnson had a poor game until the goal... great pass from Adam, great control, dribble and finish by Johnson.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1624 on: November 20, 2011, 02:27:39 PM »
Good tactics and 1st half performance...shoulda had the game wrapped up by then.
Mikel and Sideshow Bob aka David Luis (BBC Sport) were utter shit.

2nd half we didn't deal effectively with Mata through the middle, maybe we coulda brought on Spearing a few minutes after the restart in place of Maxi?
As soon as I was telling myself like Adam defensive play improved over the last 2 weeks, he end up on the wrong side of Malouda and goal score lol

Suarez seemed to have toned down on the histrionics but I think he needs to learn how to get his message of endearment across to other players or simply don't even attempt to apologize for any accidents lol..case in point during the 1st half when he went for a ball and Luis fell off the pitch.

My man of the match was Charlie Adam...Pepe had a good game also.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1625 on: November 20, 2011, 02:32:43 PM »
On another note I didn't realize Brad Jones' son was still in hospital..last i heard was that they had a found a donor etc.
Unfortunately his 5 yrd old son Luca passed away from leukemia this week..my condolences goes out to him and his family  :(

here's a link for a video off the Liverpooltv site
couldn't help myself by not choking up especially after seeing the photos and the Ben 10 references.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/rest-in-peace-luca-jones
Feliz

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: November 20, 2011, 02:45:11 PM »
Good tactics and 1st half performance...shoulda had the game wrapped up by then.
Mikel and Sideshow Bob aka David Luis (BBC Sport) were utter shit.

2nd half we didn't deal effectively with Mata through the middle, maybe we coulda brought on Spearing a few minutes after the restart in place of Maxi?
As soon as I was telling myself like Adam defensive play improved over the last 2 weeks, he end up on the wrong side of Malouda and goal score lol

Suarez seemed to have toned down on the histrionics but I think he needs to learn how to get his message of endearment across to other players or simply don't even attempt to apologize for any accidents lol..case in point during the 1st half when he went for a ball and Luis fell off the pitch.

My man of the match was Charlie Adam...Pepe had a good game also.

Aye, doh let Mango Chutney hear yuh say Mikel had ah shitty game... yuh mad or what?

Hard tuh really fault Adam on the Malouda goal (unless that was his man).  Terry pull Johnson wide and towards the endline opening up room for Malouda to run free... look like Adam see him late and tried to cover, but not sure that was his assignment.

Agree with you on Suarez, as the article will say.  He seems very conscious of the criticism of recent weeks and consequently was out there trying to be extra nice to opponents and extra safe with his passes.  He play real shit... the nice layoff to Bellamy-to-Maxi notwithstanding.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1627 on: November 20, 2011, 02:53:03 PM »
yeah I think you might be right with Adam trying to cover back the play.

LOL @ Mango Chow and Mikel...he can't even pass the ball forward
ah remember there was a discussion a while back about Lucas and Mikel..and people was saying Mikel isnt a defensive mid etc
there is no way i picking Mikel over Lucas
Feliz

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: November 20, 2011, 03:01:07 PM »
Lucas: big holding mid.  Would not sell him for the world.  He has really matured since Mascherano left.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: November 20, 2011, 03:02:48 PM »

ah remember there was a discussion a while back about Lucas and Mikel..and people was saying Mikel isnt a defensive mid etc

Mikel is ah boss. He juss surrounded by shitty players, misunderstood... and maybe wasn't hugged enough as a child.  Or maybe he juss need to comb he hair.  Lucas and every other Liverpool player shitty compared to Chelsea.

Lucas: big holding mid.  Would not sell him for the world.  He has really matured since Mascherano left.

Agreed... only wrong foot he put forward all day was the yellow card on Luiz.  Even so Luiz made a meal of minimal contact and Probert buy it.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1630 on: November 20, 2011, 03:04:46 PM »

Mikel is ah boss. He juss surrounded by shitty players, misunderstood... and maybe wasn't hugged enough as a child.  Or maybe he juss need to comb he hair.  Lucas and every other Liverpool player shitty compared to Chelsea.
:rotfl:
he don't get no respect either
ah remeber Drogba telling him to stfu when Drogba get sent off against QPR lol
Feliz

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: November 20, 2011, 03:09:19 PM »

Yuh pickin' Malouda and his "MOM" performance over Kuyt?   What about Lampard.  You would trade any of your attacking mids for him right now?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: November 20, 2011, 03:21:40 PM »

Yuh pickin' Malouda and his "MOM" performance over Kuyt?   What about Lampard.  You would trade any of your attacking mids for him right now?

..I eh hearin' yuh....

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: November 22, 2011, 02:36:52 PM »
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lebron-kenny-is-something-else

LeBron: Kenny is something else

LeBron James has revealed how his first ever visit to Liverpool last month has left a lasting impression.

The American basketball superstar was on Merseyside for the Reds' clash with Manchester United on October 15.

He also met the players and staff at Melwood and made a donation of $10,000 to the LFC Foundation.

After the conclusion of his visit, James described it as 'one of the single best experiences of my life' on his personal Twitter page.

"That came from the simple fact of how passionate and loyal those fans are," he said.

"But to walk through the facility the day before - to see all the history and achievements was very powerful.

"Liverpool have won 18 league championships and it meant a lot to read about King Kenny and Steven Gerrard - a hometown kid who now captains the team.

"And then to be at Anfield and see 40,000 fans screaming at the top of their lungs, the whole game was an unbelievable experience for me.

"King Kenny is something else.

"His accent is very strong. So it was very difficult to understand what he was saying - but it was great being around him and (Luis) Suarez and Gerrard and Dirk (Kuyt) and those guys. I was very humbled that they knew me."

James admits he's excited by what the future holds for Liverpool following their acquisition by Fenway Sports Group.

"Any time you have so much history and so much power behind their story, there is great potential to continue that expansion," added the Miami Heat star.

"Liverpool are definitely one of those clubs.

"There are some teams and logos you see, no matter where you are in the world, and you know exactly who they are and what they mean. I see Liverpool in that group."

On the basketball court, James is chasing his first NBA championship ring - and he admits it would be a dream to achieve his goal alongside a 19th league title for Liverpool.

He said: "It definitely gives me another incentive to be part of that team (Liverpool). They're striving to be a champion and I'm striving to do the same. It would be great if we could do it in the same year."

Nice read.  Lebron seems to really be immersing himself in the culture and history of LFC. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 02:38:26 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1634 on: November 27, 2011, 09:06:12 AM »
Come on boys we can do this!!!

Liverpool starting lineup: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Henderson, Lucas, Adam, Downing, Kuyt, Suarez. . .Subs: Doni, Kelly, Carragher, Coates, Spearing, Maxi, Carroll

No Bellars...wouldv'e liked to seen him play but maybe he knew his head wouldn't be in the right way.

YNWA  :)
Feliz

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: November 27, 2011, 10:37:48 AM »
This game is all action.
First game i see this season, where the opposing team giving Man city a real run.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

giggsy11

« Reply #1636 on: November 27, 2011, 11:22:56 AM »
Charlie Adams sometimes reminds me of the tennis player who goes for the winning shot to soon in a rally. Instead of working his way into a higher percentage shot that would ensure he hits a winner; Adams instead of waiting to set up a higher percentage pass keeps trying tuh force passes/hit glory balls.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: November 27, 2011, 11:39:40 AM »
Quick observation....Suarez is de ORGINAL nutmeg king i de EPL!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: November 27, 2011, 11:56:43 AM »
not really disappointed by liverpool's performance today. we played well today, just couldnt get the result we wanted. the last few seconds...wow i gotta give hart props.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: November 27, 2011, 12:18:23 PM »

Liverpool starting lineup: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Henderson, Lucas, Adam, Downing, Kuyt, Suarez. . .Subs: Doni, Kelly, Carragher, Coates, Spearing, Maxi, Carroll

No Bellars...wouldv'e liked to seen him play but maybe he knew his head wouldn't be in the right way.

I never really understand these sentiments whenever a player plays against his former team.  Bellamy would have been absolutely geared up to play against City... don't see too much negative about that situation.

As for the game itself, brilliant strategy by Kenny to go with a five-man middle although it left Suarez isolated up top.  Defeinsively, injury should be the only reason why Jamie Carragher makes it back into the starting XI.  The quartet of Johnson,  Skrtel, Agger and Enrique has been a rock the past several games, and today was no exception.

Kuyt was up and down and would have liked to see him replaced by Bellamy... the game was screaming for his pace on the right side.  On the left, Downing had his best game in quite some time. Could have done better, but he did very well as is.

Reina saved our ass time after time... not as much as Hart saved Citeh though... man, what a performance.  Hart has really been on his game this season, MoM performance.

Superb game by Liverpool... everything but the win really.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: November 27, 2011, 12:20:07 PM »
Man of the friggin match. What a player he's become. :beermug:

A look at the fixture list - all very winnable matches up to Man City Away on January 3rd. Time to push on.  :beermug:

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: November 27, 2011, 12:21:16 PM »

I never really understand these sentiments whenever a player plays against his former team.  Bellamy would have been absolutely geared up to play against City... don't see too much negative about that situation.

He was talking about Gary Speed's passing  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: November 27, 2011, 12:26:53 PM »

You know that, how?  Was Charlie Adam's head in the right place?  Should Kenny Dalglish have given the reigns to Steve Clarke because of Dalglish's close ties to Speed?  My comment was directed to the sentiments generally expressed and not specific to Feliziano, but they apply as well.  If that was the reason why Bellamy didn't play then I really have no kinda patience for that thinking... unless Bellamy himself said he couldn't focus or play.

Sidenote:

Mario Balotelli... what a tun tun.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: November 27, 2011, 12:43:53 PM »

You know that, how?

Dalglish said it in his pre-match interview  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: November 27, 2011, 01:09:05 PM »

The question was how do you know that Feliziano was talking about Speed's death.  Feliziano's comments demonstrated a great deal less certainty than you imply.  Besides, as I said, I have little patience for that thinking if that is in fact why Dalglish didn't use Bellamy AT ALL.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1645 on: November 27, 2011, 01:25:52 PM »

The question was how do you know that Feliziano was talking about Speed's death.  Feliziano's comments demonstrated a great deal less certainty than you imply.  Besides, as I said, I have little patience for that thinking if that is in fact why Dalglish didn't use Bellamy AT ALL.
I remember when Micheal Schumacher's mother had passed away and both he and his brother still got up the Sunday and drove their cars.
I applauded their professionalism, hardness and dedication etc...my wife on the other hand had a totally different view lol..she called Schumi a cold hearted bastard etc lol
These days I somehow drifting away from the 'guts and glory' mentality and kinda going 'soft' as some people would say.

With Bellamy here and we all know his character..even though he has shown signs of maturity recently..he could've easily exploded and cost us the match.
We don't know how much of an emotional wreck he was in this morning but an experienced manager like Dalglish should know his players.  :beermug:

Now allyuh 2 stop the back and forth nah  ;D
Feliz

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: November 27, 2011, 01:50:16 PM »
I remember when Micheal Schumacher's mother had passed away and both he and his brother still got up the Sunday and drove their cars.
I applauded their professionalism, hardness and dedication etc...my wife on the other hand had a totally different view lol..she called Schumi a cold hearted bastard etc lol
These days I somehow drifting away from the 'guts and glory' mentality and kinda going 'soft' as some people would say.

With Bellamy here and we all know his character..even though he has shown signs of maturity recently..he could've easily exploded and cost us the match.
We don't know how much of an emotional wreck he was in this morning but an experienced manager like Dalglish should know his players.  :beermug:

Now allyuh 2 stop the back and forth nah  ;D

Yuh wife fuhget what Fav-ruh do to de Vikes the day after he father died or what? lol

Certainly Kenny should know his players better than I... not my point.  I dunno the relationship between Bellamy and Speed, but during that flurry when Hart was pulling save after save out he rear we coulda use a man like Bellamy instead of Kuyt, who hustler that he is, lacks pace and his crossing was off.  Bellamy didn't have to start, just give us 10-15 mins at the end.  Again,  I dunno the relationship, and I'm sure that Kenny does, but I'd be surprised if we couldn't get that much from Bellamy. My only  issue (minor at that) with Boss is that he seems to be telling me what you thinking.

EDIT:

Just read this...

The draw leaves City five points clear of Manchester United but Balotelli will be suspended from the Carling Cup quarter-final at Arsenal on Tuesday, and it was an undignified end to a day that began with Dalglish paying an emotional tribute to Gary Speed and Craig Bellamy being given compassionate leave because he was so devastated about the death of the Wales manager. "Gary was like a mentor to Bellers," Dalglish said. "I took the decision because there are more important things in life than playing a football match."otball match."

In light of that I take back everything I said... Bellamy indeed was in no shape to play today.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 05:39:29 PM by Bakes »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1647 on: November 28, 2011, 10:09:50 PM »
No lie Bakes..after watching the game play out..we coulda really do with Bellamy down the stretch.

well yuh know me and Henderson aint no friends lol..therefore he shouldnt've started as usual lol

If we was packing the midfield from the start we might as well had gone with Spearing and Lucas with Adam more advanced..maybe next time  :-\

Wish Carroll had scored though..just to give him the headlines and maybe kickstart his season
Feliz

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: November 28, 2011, 10:56:06 PM »
No lie Bakes..after watching the game play out..we coulda really do with Bellamy down the stretch.

well yuh know me and Henderson aint no friends lol..therefore he shouldnt've started as usual lol

If we was packing the midfield from the start we might as well had gone with Spearing and Lucas with Adam more advanced..maybe next time  :-\

Wish Carroll had scored though..just to give him the headlines and maybe kickstart his season

True talk... check out this Lucas compilation vid from yesterday:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ILUr60ASak&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9ILUr60ASak&amp;feature=related</a>

Recap and Player Ratings

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: November 29, 2011, 03:54:43 PM »
Look like we are Chelsea's bogus team....we really distressing dem these days.  Ah hope they doh knee jerk and get rid of AVB.  Let him build his project.

1]; } ?>