April 25, 2024, 07:40:46 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 464323 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1650 on: November 29, 2011, 03:56:24 PM »
Look like we are Chelsea's bogus team....we really distressing dem these days.  Ah hope they doh knee jerk and get rid of AVB.  Let him build his project.

Like everybody is Chelsea bogey team...   >:(
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 29, 2011, 03:58:50 PM »
Look like we are Chelsea's bogus team....we really distressing dem these days.  Ah hope they doh knee jerk and get rid of AVB.  Let him build his project.

Like everybody is Chelsea bogey team...   >:(

Now coming to correct mey self..the word is "bogey", not "bogus".  But yuh get meh drift.  Something ain't right in the camp.  Maybe is time to smoke out some ah dem ageing veterans. ;)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 29, 2011, 09:58:15 PM »
Couldn't sneak out today so ah had to DVR dat one... just about to siddung and check it out.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: December 01, 2011, 09:26:29 AM »
Lucas out for the season

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lucas-out-for-the-season

Liverpool FC said today a scan had confirmed an injury to the anterior cruciate ligament in Lucas Leiva's left knee.

The Brazil international will undergo surgery and unfortunately be ruled out for the remainder of the current campaign.

Huge loss, but I expect Speaaring to fill in well.  He had a very good game against City this week, and was solid last season.  Shelvey has also been recalled from Blackpool, where he was ripping it up.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: December 01, 2011, 10:26:33 AM »
Devastating news... neither of them bringing what Lucas bringing.  Spearing is slow, like Lucas, but his reading of the game is where Lucas was two seasons ago... when everybody was cussing him.  Shelvey isn't likely to bring much to the team... we need Lucas' defensive effort... Shelvey and Adam are redundant in what they offer.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: December 01, 2011, 10:38:09 AM »
Devastating news... neither of them bringing what Lucas bringing.  Spearing is slow, like Lucas, but his reading of the game is where Lucas was two seasons ago... when everybody was cussing him.  Shelvey isn't likely to bring much to the team... we need Lucas' defensive effort... Shelvey and Adam are redundant in what they offer.

Closest is Spearing, but as you said, he needs some time to develop.  Lucas has changed gears, second part of last season and this season.  He is approaching world class.  We may have to buy in January window.  Some men on LFC was saying maybe we should consider Coates for that position, but I don't know about that.  He distributes well, but he is still adjusting to the EPL.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1656 on: December 01, 2011, 10:49:38 AM »
geez..Lucas out for the season???
Hopefully he has a fast recovery and rehab before August.

Closest fit will be Spearing obviously but as everybody now he's slow...couple suggestions I have are:
Move Carragher into DM since he played there years ago, but maybe he's too slow now.
Move Agger into midfield due his composure on the ball and tactical awareness.
Move Kuyt just for the purpose of having his high energy/workrate and running down the ball.
Move Shelvey deeper..since he looks like a thug, people might be afraid of him ala Thomas Gravesen lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: December 01, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »

Closest fit will be Spearing obviously but as everybody now he's slow...couple suggestions I have are:
Move Carragher into DM since he played there years ago, but maybe he's too slow now.
Move Kuyt just for the purpose of having his high energy/workrate and running down the ball.
Move Shelvey deeper..since he looks like a thug, people might be afraid of him ala Thomas Gravesen lol

I though abouit Kuyt and I mentioned Shelvey.  Shelvey is sort of a utility guy.  I've seen him live and he combines well, and can drop back deep too.  I don't want to move Agger because the back four is finally settling in.  Carragher is slow, but he would not be out on the flank, which is where he looks beat for pace, and he'd not be isolated, which is the other time that his age starts to show.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1658 on: December 01, 2011, 11:34:06 AM »

I though abouit Kuyt and I mentioned Shelvey.  Shelvey is sort of a utility guy.  I've seen him live and he combines well, and can drop back deep too.  I don't want to move Agger because the back four is finally settling in.  Carragher is slow, but he would not be out on the flank, which is where he looks beat for pace, and he'd not be isolated, which is the other time that his age starts to show.
Good point about dithering with the back 4 and Shelvey is a versatile to play anywhere across the midfield..only drawback is him having to show more discipline and sit back.
Feliz

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: December 01, 2011, 12:09:14 PM »
The return of Stevie G could solve all of that.   ;D  I know his attacking prowess might be sacrificed a bit, but he's the only guy probably capable of playing anywhere in midfield, without any discernible drop in quality. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:11:32 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: December 05, 2011, 04:02:47 PM »
Many pages ago in this thread, when men was arguing about Reina being a better keeper than Cech, i talked about him being prone to flapping and making some jokey errors..

One of those moments just give away the game to Fulham, fumbling a powder puff shot for Dempsey to score.

Wake me up when allyuh see Cech mess on himself like that.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: December 05, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »
Many pages ago in this thread, when men was arguing about Reina being a better keeper than Cech, i talked about him being prone to flapping and making some jokey errors..

One of those moments just give away the game to Fulham, fumbling a powder puff shot for Dempsey to score.

Cech fed up mess on heself like that.  Is only now that he looking a lil stable.  Last season, he was still shaky.  Even very good keepers make mistakes.  They do so every 10-15 games.  I'd say that's about the second goal I'd fault Reina with this season.  That said, we need to go and buy in January.  Back four is now exposed, due to Lucas injury, and the front line only blowing steam with no bullets.  We not reays for no UCL with this kinda performance.  We not clinical enough.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: December 05, 2011, 04:26:16 PM »

Cech fed up mess on heself like that.  Is only now that he looking a lil stable.  Last season, he was still shaky.  Even very good keepers make mistakes.  They do so every 10-15 games.  I'd say that's about the second goal I'd fault Reina with this season.  That said, we need to go and buy in January.  Back four is now exposed, due to Lucas injury, and the front line only blowing steam with no bullets.  We not reays for no UCL with this kinda performance.  We not clinical enough.

So when people going to start asking the questions about Dalglish???

I mean he has a much better squad of players at his disposal than Hodgson and Benitez (in his last year) and the team just not getting the results..

I think there is a stat that shows Dalglish's record to be identical if not worse than Hodgson.

How long 'King Kenny' going to get a bly?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: December 05, 2011, 04:56:45 PM »
Good to see Clint hitting the back of the net... Hernandez vs Clint for concacaf

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: December 05, 2011, 06:50:14 PM »

I mean he has a much better squad of players at his disposal than Hodgson and Benitez (in his last year) and the team just not getting the results..

I think there is a stat that shows Dalglish's record to be identical if not worse than Hodgson.

Too early for that.  The honest truth is that this squad is no where near the finished article.  Like everyone else, he'll need time to build the squad.  The new players are not quite settled in, and it's showing.  That said, we'll need to win over the holiday season to keep close to the bunch.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: December 05, 2011, 10:24:33 PM »

Reina fack up de vibes against Fulham, no question about that.  Still doesn't make him a worse keeper than Petr Cech, not when Cech getting poison twice on near post goals against Arsenal (last time that happen to Reina was two seasons ago when Ben Haim score fuh Portsmouth). Cech do it twice in one game.  Let's not even talk about the many times he let balls go past him without effort to stop them thinking they going wide... only to be saved by the post.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: December 05, 2011, 10:26:47 PM »
  That said, we need to go and buy in January.  Back four is now exposed, due to Lucas injury, and the front line only blowing steam with no bullets.  We not reays for no UCL with this kinda performance.  We not clinical enough.

Back four not "exposed"... Glen Johnson just had an off night.  Skrtel, Agger and Enrique ent put ah foot wrong and played very well.  After all the praise and defend ah defend him Johnson let down the side tonight with his defending.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: December 05, 2011, 10:30:08 PM »

"not getting the results"??  Liverpool just lost for the first time in eleven games... what "not getting the results" yuh talking about?  In those eleven games they haven't allowed more than one goal in any game.  Tonight they had a chance to tie a club record with their seventh straight win on the road... only the second time (1968) in club history that has ever been done.  They played the two Manchester squads even and beat Arsenal and Chelsea.  Other than that they drop points at home to the newly-promoted squads and get crush by Spurs at White Hart.  On top of that he has the squad in the semis of the Carling Cup.  Not getting the results?? I think yuh confusing him with Villas-Boas.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:31:54 PM by Bakes »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: December 18, 2011, 10:25:40 AM »

Too early for that.  The honest truth is that this squad is no where near the finished article.  Like everyone else, he'll need time to build the squad.  The new players are not quite settled in, and it's showing.  That said, we'll need to win over the holiday season to keep close to the bunch.

Where Dinho?  He ain't come and talk bout Cech's error that gifted Wigan the equalizer yesterday.  As I said, even the good and great GKs will make an error every 10-15 games.  Me ain't see him bumping he gum bout Cech better than Reina now. ;)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 10:32:24 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: December 19, 2011, 05:25:47 AM »

Where Dinho?  He ain't come and talk bout Cech's error that gifted Wigan the equalizer yesterday.  As I said, even the good and great GKs will make an error every 10-15 games.  Me ain't see him bumping he gum bout Cech better than Reina now. ;)

Tenorsaw, ah know you is a GK, right?  So I KNOW that YOU understand sometimes when a 'keeper does make an error, it could be that one of your defenders contributed to it.  In other words, one o' yuh defenders fack yuh up.  Go back and look at the highlights and look at Ashley Cole running at/across the ball right in front of Cech and tell me that he didn't mess him up on that.  Ashley Cole was supposed to either clear the ball, or leave it for Cech to collect it, not run across him like he going and clear it 1 or 2 feet in front of him.....and leave it.  That is not the same kinda "error" as reina going up uncontested fuh a cross and missin' it like I saw him do 2 weekends in a row.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: December 20, 2011, 02:28:22 PM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/999477/luis-suarez-banned-for-eight-games-by-fa?cc=5901

Suarez banned for eight games

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has been handed a lengthy ban and hefty fine after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.

Suarez, a Uruguay international, was charged by the Football Association with abusing the Manchester United defender and referring to his "ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race", faced a disciplinary hearing last week.

The FA has punished Suarez with an eight-match ban and £80,000 fine, he has 14 days to respond.

An FA statement read: "An Independent Regulatory Commission has today [Tuesday 20 December 2011] found a charge of misconduct against Luis Suarez proven, and have issued a suspension for a period of eight matches as well as fining him £40,000, pending appeal.

"On 16 November 2011, The Football Association charged Luis Suarez with misconduct contrary to FA Rule E3 in relation to the Liverpool FC versus Manchester United FC fixture on 15 October 2011. A hearing took place from 14-20 December 2011 before an Independent Regulatory Commission of The FA to consider the charge.

"The Independent Regulatory Commission announced its decision on 20 December 2011, which is as follows:

• Mr Suarez used insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);
• the insulting words used by Mr Suarez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2);
• Mr Suarez shall be warned as to his future conduct, be suspended for eight matches covering all first team competitive matches and fined the sum of £40,000;
• the [penalty] is suspended pending the outcome of any appeal lodged by Mr Suarez against this decision.

"Mr Suarez has the right to appeal the decision of the Independent Regulatory Commission to an Appeal Board. An appeal must be lodged within 14 days of the date of the written reasons for the decision.

"The penalty is suspended until after the outcome of any appeal, or the time for appealing expires, or should Mr Suarez decide not to appeal. The reason for this is to ensure that the penalty does not take effect before any appeal so that Mr Suarez has an effective right of appeal."

Suarez has always denied the allegations levelled against him by Evra. Opinion has been divided on the issue with Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish backing Suarez and Brighton manager Gus Poyet, a former Uruguay international midfielder, saying he would go to court to prove his fellow countryman was not a racist.

Fulham manager Martin Jol has also revealed he would be shocked if the charges against Suarez were proven. But United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has backed Evra and claimed Liverpool were following a specific agenda over the issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, we gotta buy in January.  Steep fine and suspension for Suarez.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1671 on: December 20, 2011, 02:36:17 PM »
I think Evra is nothing more than a lil punk.
Let me see what will happen with John Terry now.

On a positive front, hopefully Andy Carroll will get an extended starting run and make use of it.

Tactics will change but I predict the floodgates shall open for the team...offensively that is  ;)
Feliz

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: December 20, 2011, 03:22:22 PM »
8 matches...that pisses me off..the man is the captain on meh fantasy team

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 20, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »
I think Evra is nothing more than a lil punk.
Let me see what will happen with John Terry now.

On a positive front, hopefully Andy Carroll will get an extended starting run and make use of it.

Tactics will change but I predict the floodgates shall open for the team...offensively that is  ;)

Can't fault Evra for anything.   Harsh penalty though.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: December 20, 2011, 03:32:35 PM »
He'll probably appeal.  I've asked my close friend about the use of the term "negrito"  and he says it is used affectionately in many Spanish countries.  Not saying that Suarez is right or anything, but it could very well be a cultural difference.  Let's see what happens to Terry now.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: December 20, 2011, 04:08:47 PM »
He'll probably appeal.  I've asked my close friend about the use of the term "negrito"  and he says it is used affectionately in many Spanish countries.  Not saying that Suarez is right or anything, but it could very well be a cultural difference.  Let's see what happens to Terry now.

It is... but the particular situation of Afro-Uruguayans mitigates against that argument.  Just because the majority anglos use the term as one of affection doesn't make it's use right, particularly when removed from that particular context (Uruguay) and employed in the racial cauldron that is England.

I know you're not making the argument... just saying.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: December 20, 2011, 10:26:27 PM »

It is... but the particular situation of Afro-Uruguayans mitigates against that argument.  Just because the majority anglos use the term as one of affection doesn't make it's use right, particularly when removed from that particular context (Uruguay) and employed in the racial cauldron that is England.

I know you're not making the argument... just saying.

Good read...not sure what was the intent of Suarez's statement, but it may well be a socailly acceptable, but not politically correct, and somewhat condescending use of the word.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: December 20, 2011, 11:16:58 PM »
It is sad, because I like those 2 players. Evra plays my position and is good at it. Saurez is a hell of a player. I wish he had come to Manu.  I defended his hand ball in the WC because it was a spontaneous reaction. And he is a fighter with damn good skills. A lot of people called him a Spanish so and so after that incident. The thing is Uruguay change the world of football in 1924 by winning the Olimpics with Black players, while other counties would not use Blacks. Their Carnival have a strong, strong African heritage . Their drumming is called Condombe. They also pay tribute to Yemanja(Yoruba Godess of the Sea). So I want to believe that Suarez did not mean to racially abuse Evra.

Tempers  flaired in that game and 'Pool had the upper hand. If what Evra say is true, I am disappointed in Suarez. But I hope the 2 can come to a compromise and settle this. Race relations in the Latin and Lusophone world is a bit different from the Anglo. Like was said in a post, what is meant as an affectionate name in Spanish and Poruguese and probably French, would be downright blasphemous in the Anglo(US/Brit) world.  One drop rule don't work in Latin America as in the US.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: December 21, 2011, 02:50:31 AM »
and what exactly is taking the FA so long to release Mr.Evra's fine???
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: December 21, 2011, 04:43:22 AM »
and what exactly is taking the FA so long to release Mr.Evra's fine???

fine for what? being racially abused?

1]; } ?>