April 28, 2024, 09:18:59 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 466091 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1860 on: March 03, 2012, 09:03:12 AM »
Cyah depend on this team for nutten yes. Cyah believe allyuh really let Arsenal take that win off allyuh.

Making that 4th champions league spot harder for Chelsea steups.

Like i said, is about time Liverpool bring "King Kenny" to account. How on earth does a team with the quality of Suarez, Carroll, Bellamy, Adam, Downing, Enrique not have goals in it?

Hodgson had to field all kinda Ngog, Poulsen and Konchesky and didnt fare much worse.
Of all them names call there Suarez is the only goalscorer.  Enrique? How long now he in the Prem and yet to score his first goal? But yes questions definitely need be asked of Kenny's tactics.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: March 03, 2012, 09:05:48 AM »
5 of 10 actually... missed opportunities once more come back to bite us. Kenny sitting on subs for God knows what.  Goodbye top four.

Thanks for the correction. Reina got bobolized by that shot from Van Persie on the near post. Van Persie simply has the midas shot. Arsenal's mgt better make sure it does its utmost to keep Van Persie.

Liverpool simply does not have the killer instinct and are lacking in genuine world class strikers. Also, I heard the commentators second-guessing Dalglish on his failure to make a substitution until the 87th minute of the match. I hope he does not get taken aback if questioned about it in the press conference.

Suarez, Carroll and Bellamy is what then?

Liverpool pull an Arsenal today. Play all over the opposition and lost. This happens in football probably more than in any other sport.
Dinho I hope you just asking and not insinuating that Carroll is WORLD CLASS?? His transfer fee was the only thing worthy of World Class

Carroll might not be world class but I rate him. If used properly he is the best English striker after Rooney and certainly the most physically dominant.

Liverpool simply doesn't play to his strengths which is to put long balls and crosses up for him to go up and win.

I think he is just short on confidence now.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: March 03, 2012, 09:06:30 AM »
Carroll is nothing special, never was. He had a nice run of games leading up to the transfer window which worked out very well in his favor. Kaliman I also agree with you we lack a killer's instinct. Only man with anything close to a killer's instinct on that team is Kuyt.

Edit: mad talk to rate Carroll second to Rooney and ahead of Bent and Defoe.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: March 03, 2012, 09:11:12 AM »
Don't know if Dalgish is to blame for this loss.  We shot ourselves in the foot with all those wasted chances, especially against a team like Arsenal, who always have a goal in them.  Carragher showed just why he should be on the bench.  He was terribly on the wrong side of Van Persie for the first goal.  Agger, get well soon please.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: March 03, 2012, 10:43:02 AM »
The thing is that I am sure the eleven Kenny put out today did the best they could to win the match; however, Henderson, Adam, Downing, etc. are simply not in the class of players such as Rooney, Chicharito, Nani, and Valencia. As hard as they try, they are simply not. Thus, it will be hard for them to have that killer instinct when they do not possess the requisite skill set.

giggsy11

« Reply #1865 on: March 03, 2012, 11:07:57 AM »
The thing is that I am sure the eleven Kenny put out today did the best they could to win the match; however, Henderson, Adam, Downing, etc. are simply not in the class of players such as Rooney, Chicharito, Nani, and Valencia. As hard as they try, they are simply not. Thus, it will be hard for them to have that killer instinct when they do not possess the requisite skill set.

But Kenny is responsible for buying those three players including that big oaf of a striker-Carroll. He would have been better off spending his money on more foreign players;or sticking with what they had, instead of investing in the unskilled labourers/British/English players that he did, when there is such little quality to choose from. In my opinion most of todays English/British players are overrated and lack footballing sense. The EPL would be harder to watch without the talents/skills the foreign players bring to the league.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: March 03, 2012, 11:38:23 AM »

But Kenny is responsible for buying those three players including that big oaf of a striker-Carroll. He would have been better off spending his money on more foreign players;or sticking with what they had, instead of investing in the unskilled labourers/British/English players that he did, when there is such little quality to choose from. In my opinion most of todays English/British players are overrated and lack footballing sense. The EPL would be harder to watch without the talents/skills the foreign players bring to the league.

You do bring up an interesting point. Nothing is wrong with buying British players, but Kenny needs to buy the very best British players. Gerrard, for instance, brings that extra X factor to Liverpool; the problem is he has many miles on his legs and is beginning to show the effects of aging. It happens. He has begun to pick up injuries and is becoming harder and harder for his body to heal itself. The other British players on Liverpool's team are what I consider to be role players. They need talented players in order for Liverpool to become a complete team. If I may be permitted a basketballing analogy. This would be like the successful Chicago Bulls teams of the early-mid 90s teams without the breathtaking genius of Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen.

For me, the problem with British players stems from the British footballing philosophy, which emphasizes grit, determination and speed over technical skill. This is part of the reason why Franz Beckenbauer berated the English team for being a "kick and rush" team

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1286624/Youre-kick-rush-team-Germany-legend-Franz-Beckenbauer-blasts-England.html

Even to the armchair observer such as myself, England's tactics have always favoured the "kick and rush" style, or in Trini parlance, "boom kick football." Thus, I agree with you, the EPL would be very dull to watch without the infusion of foreign talent into the English game.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: March 03, 2012, 11:43:32 AM »
Carroll is nothing special, never was. He had a nice run of games leading up to the transfer window which worked out very well in his favor. Kaliman I also agree with you we lack a killer's instinct. Only man with anything close to a killer's instinct on that team is Kuyt.

Edit: mad talk to rate Carroll second to Rooney and ahead of Bent and Defoe.

Well its an opinion! Even though I cannot see it myself (especially his feet), though I will also acknowledge that he is young. At the moment IMHO would say Holt is a better striker, as deadly in the air and better feet
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: March 03, 2012, 01:02:54 PM »
I now watch the game replay on ESPN3. I see why men does rough up Downing on this Board. For the 2nd week in a row a team pull an Arsenal vs Arsenal. I guess Wenger start back feeding he buck.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: March 03, 2012, 02:33:12 PM »

Well its an opinion! Even though I cannot see it myself (especially his feet), though I will also acknowledge that he is young. At the moment IMHO would say Holt is a better striker, as deadly in the air and better feet

Good call, I like Carol I like that he's young and I like that he can only get better (presumably). But I 100% agree with you on Grant Holt he has really opened eyes, speaking for myself, this season.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: March 03, 2012, 07:39:22 PM »

Good call, I like Carol I like that he's young and I like that he can only get better (presumably). But I 100% agree with you on Grant Holt he has really opened eyes, speaking for myself, this season.

Been watching Holt for a while now.  Saw a lot of him last season in the Championship and was really impressed with him.  He is great in the air; as good as it gets.  His workrate is phonomenal, and he really roughs up defenders. 

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: March 03, 2012, 07:41:34 PM »

This summer, we ain't need no more Brits....go to South America and Europe. 

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: March 03, 2012, 09:41:38 PM »
Don't forget that there is a limit on foreign players. Carroll was bought with that in mind. Foreign players may be better value, but LFC already have a full contingent. If you want more foreigners in, you have to ship some foreigners out!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: March 03, 2012, 10:19:55 PM »
Boy, now see that Golasso from RVP, fadda lawd...............sometimes it rel better to be lucky than good. Whata strike.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: March 06, 2012, 04:09:02 PM »
Boy, now see that Golasso from RVP, fadda lawd...............sometimes it rel better to be lucky than good. Whata strike.

...it wasn't that vicious of a strike.  He placed the ball with the inside of his foot...wasn't a lot of pace on the ball...make reina look like a rel tun-tun though. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: March 13, 2012, 03:01:31 PM »
Sublime finish by Gerrard to put Liverpool up 1-0 at halftime over Everton.  Torrid first half in the derby, but as always, Liverpool failing to make the most of their opportunities.  Let's see if Everton makes them pay for it.

EDIT:

2-0 in the 51' Gerrard with a second.  Should be three... Carroll just throw 'way.

It is three after all... Gerrard with the hattrick off the Suarez pass at the death.  First hattrick in this derby in the League in 30 yrs (Ian Rush).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 03:52:51 PM by Bakes »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: March 13, 2012, 04:08:14 PM »
Stevie Wonder.  We miss this fella on the field.  He is the leader.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: March 13, 2012, 04:14:01 PM »
Stevie Wonder.  We miss this fella on the field.  He is the leader.

Suarez with two nice assists, especially on the last goal.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: March 13, 2012, 06:19:17 PM »
Suarez and Gerrard team up well today...credit to Suaraz on good team work

real accuracy on dem 3 goals...

this game shows how much we miss a FIT Steven Gerrard.....

Here's hoping we can use this to springboard we...

I meant to say to springboard us.... is that the correct Subject Pronoun Bakes?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 06:30:37 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: March 18, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »
Good win today by Liverpool... Suarez opened in the first half, before Stewart Downing equalized late.  Sandwiched around a first half equalizer by Crouch.  KJ had a nice view of the activities from the bench.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: March 18, 2012, 07:56:56 PM »
dat Downing goal was pure class....d boy looking more like ah Scouser everyday...

if we could only put this form in d league..but right now i goe settle for FA CUP....!
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: March 18, 2012, 08:06:42 PM »
dat Downing goal was pure class....d boy looking more like ah Scouser everyday...

if we could only put this form in d league..but right now i goe settle for FA CUP....!

What about Gerrard touch to lay it off to him...

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: March 19, 2012, 03:36:45 AM »
What about Gerrard touch to lay it off to him...

He said in his post-match interview that he didn't mean to do that. It looked like it was straight off the training ground though  :)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: March 19, 2012, 07:08:46 AM »
Lol...

Allyuh don't know a bad trap when allyuh see one?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: March 19, 2012, 11:32:17 AM »
He said in his post-match interview that he didn't mean to do that. It looked like it was straight off the training ground though  :)

The commentators on the FSC feed were saying he didn't know anything about it too, lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: March 21, 2012, 03:15:04 PM »
Ridiculous scissor-kick by Coates to put Liverpool up 1-0 over QPR in the 55'.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: March 21, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »

Ain't watching the game, but they say de yute is very good in the attacking third.  He has the potential to be very good.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: March 21, 2012, 03:52:15 PM »

Ain't watching the game, but they say de yute is very good in the attacking third.  He has the potential to be very good.

Say thank God yuh not watching... Liverpool in shambles.  Kuyt put us up 2-0 in the 72'... QPR come back and score 3 in 20 minutes.  3-2 QPR in added time.. I turn it off.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: March 21, 2012, 03:53:50 PM »
Watch this thing unravel on Gamecast.  Unacceptable.  Let me hear Dalgish after this game.  Jury out on him. :bs:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: March 21, 2012, 03:55:35 PM »

Say thank God yuh not watching... Liverpool in shambles.  Kuyt put us up 2-0 in the 72'... QPR come back and score 3 in 20 minutes.  3-2 QPR in added time.. I turn it off.

Dalgish job should not be safe....plain and simple.  Bought British and it didn't work, and team is too far off the pace.  The owners should be man enough to set him an ultimatum: CL next season, or you're out.

1]; } ?>