March 28, 2024, 02:55:57 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 459991 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1890 on: March 21, 2012, 05:16:48 PM »
Dalgish job should not be safe....plain and simple.  Bought British and it didn't work, and team is too far off the pace.  The owners should be man enough to set him an ultimatum: CL next season, or you're out.

Doh let de 'faithful' hear yuh saying dem things nuh.  Kenny was a great player and is a better man.  As a manager it appears the game has passed him by, tactically there remains questions, his purchases, as you've outlined, fail to impress (Coates score a nice goal, but he's being targeted in defense even more than Carra) and frankly, I'm not even sure the players continue to be motivated by him.  I agree with you, Top 4 next season, or else.  That's not arrogance talking, for the kinda money we spent that is the least we should have to show for it.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 21, 2012, 05:27:41 PM »
Liverpool trying to copy West Indies or wha', snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 22, 2012, 12:05:28 AM »
Check Coates goal...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zj9umu0H5hI&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zj9umu0H5hI&amp;feature=related</a>

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 22, 2012, 10:47:19 AM »
Dalgish job should not be safe....plain and simple.  Bought British and it didn't work, and team is too far off the pace.  The owners should be man enough to set him an ultimatum: CL next season, or you're out.

Doh let de 'faithful' hear yuh saying dem things nuh.  Kenny was a great player and is a better man.  As a manager it appears the game has passed him by, tactically there remains questions, his purchases, as you've outlined, fail to impress (Coates score a nice goal, but he's being targeted in defense even more than Carra) and frankly, I'm not even sure the players continue to be motivated by him.  I agree with you, Top 4 next season, or else.  That's not arrogance talking, for the kinda money we spent that is the least we should have to show for it.

I don't think he is doing himself any favours with the media at all in his post match interviews. 

Top 4 will be a big ask next year, will the owners put in the money needed, if they do will he buy the right players.
Can't see them overalling Manu or City without massive investment, even with it will be debatable.
Arsenal look likely to spend this summer for a change.
Chelsea will have a new manager along with money, their problem lies with the old players who are really running the place and have seen off the last few managers. 
Spurs will lose their manager but have a decent squad but will need to invest, if they get CL this year likely that will help with the funds, which Liverpool won't have. 

If he wins the FA Cup he will be there next season without it for me there is a doubt.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 24, 2012, 10:50:40 AM »
Raheem Sterling on for his debut. That's the only positive from this dreadful performance. Not good enough.  :thumbsdown:

As an aside, when Raheem Sterling was born, the Number 1 song on the charts was "On Bended Knee" by Boyz II Men. I feel old.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 11:02:37 AM by boss »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 24, 2012, 11:28:02 AM »
Thank God I decided to pretend I have a life this morning and didn't stay in to watch dis shit... Kenny gave Sterling that cobo sweat only to tempt him with a taste, and to silence the rumblings from Sterling's camp.  Team rudderless... too bad we can't have Suarez make yet another ass of himself so that Kenny can do what he does best... circle the wagons.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 24, 2012, 06:01:41 PM »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 25, 2012, 12:24:24 PM »
If Kenny does not at least get a top four finish next season, he has to go in my opinion. He has had long enough to become accustomed to the pace of the modern game.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 25, 2012, 12:37:57 PM »
Back in December Kenny was the best thing since sliced bread for the Liverpool faithfuls!  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 25, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »
Kkkenny..
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 25, 2012, 02:04:03 PM »
Back in December Kenny was the best thing since sliced bread for the Liverpool faithfuls!  ;D

Big Up!

Every other week Arsene Wenger is the worst manager in football... what's your point exactly?

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 25, 2012, 02:08:20 PM »
Kkkenny..

Kenny was just trying to defend his player, although from a public relations standpoint, he and the Liverpool mgt should have kept their mouths shut until all the facts of the case came out.

In short, I don't think Kenny is a racist, if that is what you are implying.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 25, 2012, 03:54:57 PM »

Big Up!

Every other week Arsene Wenger is the worst manager in football... what's your point exactly?

Yep, and he been doing it for 15 yrs...let's see how long your esteemed manager would last  :D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 25, 2012, 06:35:26 PM »
Yep, and he been doing it for 15 yrs...let's see how long your esteemed manager would last  :D

Big Up!

You failed to address the question... what is your point exactly?

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #1904 on: March 25, 2012, 08:15:32 PM »
Liverpool have to be the biggest heartache side it have. I'm holding firm though, they must put a smile on my face again some day.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: March 26, 2012, 07:36:40 AM »
if Kenny doe make it to next season...I nominating d Spanish Chef Rafa
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: March 26, 2012, 08:23:56 AM »
if Kenny doe make it to next season...I nominating d Spanish Chef Rafa

I'd like to see Rafa back under some owners that are willing to spend.  Problem is that Rafa takes too long to promote youth players: he brings them in and they rot in the reserves and academy.  There is good potential coming through the academy at the moment and he may very well stunt this progress.  Otherwise, he'll definitely compete, and we won't be giving up any 2-goal leads like against QPR.

Other candidates: 

• Villas Boas (yes, he could very well start a project at Anfield, and might have been on the owner's shortlist last season)
  • Juergen Klopp (Borrusia Dortmund) another who was probably on shortlist last season
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:34:20 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: March 26, 2012, 09:12:03 AM »

Big Up!

He was....to them....he was a sellout movie with buttered popcorn and a supersized coke to wash it all down....now he done turn dat deep, proud liverpool red into a dark shade ah pepto bismol pink.....and AVB was their laughing stock and they was sure to be passing Chelsea fuh a CL spot on their projected ascendancy.....Look how fast December doone turn into March......even adidas say they've had enough of "King Kenny" and liverpool. Ah guess it does happ'm to de best ah dem so who is liverpool?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:14:08 AM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: March 26, 2012, 10:32:02 AM »

Big Up!

You failed to address the question... what is your point exactly?

Bakes ah know you smarter than that, and I am even smarter to not be pulled in into any ole talk...you know exactly what I meant. I am just rubbing a lil salt, if it happens to fall into your open wounds, so be it!  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1909 on: March 26, 2012, 01:58:58 PM »
I going to take a strange position and genuinely defend Dalglish here.

Dalglish needs to get criticism. His buys have not been good but Liverpool fans were not complaining when the buys were made. Downing was always paceless but men talk about him being “deceptively quick”. The side always needed width and had about 10 central midfielders yet men was happy to get Adam and Henderson. He also talk a lot of shit all season. Carroll struggling is "media fiction" yet he start  him in less than half the league games. Suddenly the league is not a measure of success, "cups and kit deals" is where it is at. And now 3 games in 7 days is a problem, wait till next season in the Europa League.

That being said Liverpool fans need to chill out and show some patience. There was a stat last week that taking Dalglish first 44 games his record is better than everybody since he left the club. Better than Souness, Evans, Houllier and Benitez. Benitez win a CL in his first season, Dalglish win a league cup and could win a FA cup (the team wasn’t in Europe so you can’t really compare the level of the trophies). During the time that Liverpool has not won the league they have contended for it ONCE, and even that year they were only in contention up till the New Year because United always had games in hand to put it out of sight.

On their cup runs this season Liverpool have had some nice draws but they have also beat Chelsea, City and United. They also did relatively well against these teams in the league drawing against City and United at Anfield. All this without Lucas which is abig loss for that side

It is very reminiscent of Ferguson in 1990. 13th in the league, a Cup win to save the season and a bunch of big money signings (Ince, Pallister, Wallace, Webb) who were not performing. In them days United used to beat Arsenal and Liverpool regular and lose to Derby, Palace, Norwich, Chelsea and all the dregs teams. 

Now United went to on to add to the FA Cup win, for Liverpool this could be like the cup wins under Houllier and Benitiez that Went nowhere. Each year for United was progress, 1991 Cup winners Cup and 6th place, 1992 League Cup and 2nd place , 1993 Title, 1994 Double.

I don’t see that happening with Liverpool because the game is different. It is a lot harder to move up the league and when teams with more commercial power and financial muscle like United, Arsenal, Chelsea and City are on top it is hard for Liverpool to displace these teams no matter who the manager is.

Dalglish could realistically get this side to compete for the fourth place next season. If they do that , even if they come fifth, is progress. This idea that Liverpool should be an automatic in the top 4 is fanciful with the league being the way it is now unless one of the current top 5 really open the door for them. Liverpool fans need to chill out and see if he could get something out of them players, if nothing happen in two more years yuh scrap it and start over. At least they win something this year. Between Arsenal, United and City – three better teams than Liverpool - two of them going and end the season with nothing.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 26, 2012, 02:11:41 PM »
Bakes ah know you smarter than that, and I am even smarter to not be pulled in into any ole talk...you know exactly what I meant. I am just rubbing a lil salt, if it happens to fall into your open wounds, so be it!  :beermug:

Big Up!

I not in your head to know what yuh meant from yuh nebulous comment... yuh seemed to be implying that Liverpool fans fickle for praising Dalglish in December and calling for his head now.  Of course there are perfectly reasonable reasons for that... 1) being that it very well could be different sets of fans who were vocal then as opposed to now; 2) being that he's failed.. plain and simple.  LFC fans no different from Arsenal or Chelsea fans.  So again... what is your point?  Keep that salt to season the shit yuh talking.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: March 26, 2012, 02:12:21 PM »
Quite frankly, JDB, liverpool fans ain't being more impatient than Chelsea fans.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: March 26, 2012, 09:31:20 PM »

Big Up!

I not in your head to know what yuh meant from yuh nebulous comment... yuh seemed to be implying that Liverpool fans fickle for praising Dalglish in December and calling for his head now.  Of course there are perfectly reasonable reasons for that... 1) being that it very well could be different sets of fans who were vocal then as opposed to now; 2) being that he's failed.. plain and simple.  LFC fans no different from Arsenal or Chelsea fans.  So again... what is your point?  Keep that salt to season the shit yuh talking.

Shit talk you say? I made a simple statement, which is FACT! And some how it rub you the wrong way and come calling me out to explain what I meant by it? Every club manager I am sure goes through a period where supporters either love them or hate them...rightly or wrongly is not my concern...I saw an opportunity to make a jab at all yuh, now that "my team" is safely in 3rd spot and you guys are battling for 7th spot some 15pts behind. I had my fair share of Arsene is way past his sell by date and so on, so I am very entitled to "shit talk" about yuh "shit team"  ;D

So when people going to start asking the questions about Dalglish???

I mean he has a much better squad of players at his disposal than Hodgson and Benitez (in his last year) and the team just not getting the results..

I think there is a stat that shows Dalglish's record to be identical if not worse than Hodgson.

How long 'King Kenny' going to get a bly?

"not getting the results"??  Liverpool just lost for the first time in eleven games... what "not getting the results" yuh talking about?  In those eleven games they haven't allowed more than one goal in any game.  Tonight they had a chance to tie a club record with their seventh straight win on the road... only the second time (1968) in club history that has ever been done.  They played the two Manchester squads even and beat Arsenal and Chelsea.  Other than that they drop points at home to the newly-promoted squads and get crush by Spurs at White Hart.  On top of that he has the squad in the semis of the Carling Cup.  Not getting the results?? I think yuh confusing him with Villas-Boas.

;)  :D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: March 26, 2012, 09:40:03 PM »
And I sure in all that "shit" yuh talk dey yuh could point to proof of me... or anyone even implying that Dalglish was de "best thing since slice bread".  Doh worry, I not holding mih breath... keep talking yuh shit if it makes yuh feel better about yet another trophy less season. 

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 29, 2012, 06:23:21 AM »

Liverpool's flawed four

March 29, 2012

By Norman Hubbard

It is the best part of half a century since Merseyside's major exports were dubbed 'The Fab Four'. Now, in a city whose global fame owes as much to goals as guitars, another quartet are attracting attention, albeit in unwanted fashion. The gruesome foursome of Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam are more beaten than Beatles. Directly or indirectly, many of Liverpool's failings can be traced back to them.

Expenditure increases expectations, a rule that only football managers appear unable to grasp and, after the cash-starved mediocrity of the previous two seasons, Liverpool committed an initial £78.5 million, potentially rising to £84.5 million, for the four failures.

As they find themselves with fewer points than at the equivalent stage of the last two campaigns, it seems expensive regression. That, in turn, reflects poorly on Kenny Dalglish and the whole policy of buying British. If the unanswered question is how that windfall should have been spent, an unarguable conclusion is simply "better".

It is a misguided spending spree that affects not just Liverpool's present but their future. If Dalglish is not trusted with more money by owners Fenway Sports Group, it is understandable. If Liverpool have to sell before they buy in the summer, they must take a hefty hit on supposed investments.

Analyse their failings on the field and most can be attributed to the less-than-fab four. To the fact that none seems to possess the temperament Liverpool require, the ability to prosper under scrutiny which is needed at Anfield. And Liverpool have been poor at home, winning only five league games.

That, in turn, is a consequence of a lack of goals. Luis Suarez is often identified as a culprit but the electric Uruguayan's tally of 12 would be less of an issue if Carroll had 15 or 20. Instead, the target man has a mere six. Now he has been demoted to the bench, Dalglish presumably concluding that, rather than complementing Suarez, he gets in the South American's way. When a side struggles to score, the sight of a £35 million forward among the replacements is an obvious symptom of poor recruitment.

A focus on the strikers, however, obscures the fact the midfielders contribute too few goals. Between them, Downing, Henderson and Adam have five in 110 games this season, and one of those was a penalty. In contrast, the under-used Maxi Rodriguez has four in his limited opportunities and Raul Meireles, shunted out of the back door, managed five in half a season under Dalglish last year. That Downing, a £20 million winger, has neither scored nor created a league goal is an extraordinary embarrassment.

The faith shown in all three calls Dalglish's judgment into doubt. Henderson is Liverpool's most used outfield player with Downing and Adam not far behind. Maxi, Craig Bellamy and Dirk Kuyt have been granted too few starts. That the Dutchman, arguably Liverpool's finest performer last season, was a substitute on the opening day while Carroll, Downing, Adam and Henderson all started seemed unfair. That Bellamy, monumental in the Carling Cup semi-final against Manchester City, was omitted for the showpiece smacked of favouritism.

Perhaps, for Dalglish, it was a quest for vindication, so his employers could see his signings deliver silverware. To others, it sent out the wrong sort of message: that Liverpool is no longer a meritocracy. The manager's preference is to discuss the side, rather than individuals, but collective responsibility protects the weakest links. And usually, they tend to be his expensive additions.

Moreover, attributing triumphs to the whole team is often incorrect. While, until recent setbacks, the defence was functioning well as a unit, Liverpool have been reliant upon individuals, whether Bellamy, Suarez or Steven Gerrard, for an injection of inspiration, drive or dynamism when attacking. With those notable exceptions, they lack pace going forward: signing four players of at best average speed - even though Dalglish strangely suggested Downing is both quicker and better than he thought when buying him - hardly helped.

PA PhotosAndy Carroll can no longer command a first-team place at Liverpool

It is important to consider the players jettisoned to make way for them. Few tears were shed when Joe Cole was loaned to Lille, but he is enjoying a better season than any of the quartet. More pertinently, the gifted Alberto Aquilani and Meireles, a qualified success at Anfield if not Stamford Bridge, were exiled for lesser talents in Adam and Henderson. The departed duo might have offered more penetrative passing.

The impression is that Dalglish did not believe the Portuguese was capable of shielding the back four. Yet Adam is no defensive midfielder - slow, a poor tackler and with questionable positional sense - while Liverpool appear unsure what Henderson, at fault for goals in the last two games, is. In a department where Gerrard and Lucas are vastly superior to the other alternatives, their injuries have disrupted Liverpool's season. But pricey understudies should have compensated better; instead, it seems the captain reins himself in, given added responsibility because of his colleagues' deficiencies.

It comes at a cost. Gerrard is one of the few matchwinners. Carroll, Downing, Henderson and Adam lack his capacity to control or determine a game. Despite a combined outlay of almost £80 million, it is doubtful if any have deserved to be Liverpool's man of the match once this season (Downing received the official award in the Carling Cup final, but Martin Skrtel would have been a worthier choice). Were they not at Anfield, it is hard to imagine any of them getting in the top five teams apart from in an injury crisis; in many situations, they would not even merit a place on the bench.

They are reasons, although Liverpool have won one trophy and could yet make it two, that this has been a wasted year in the league and a missed opportunity. The fall-out from the faulty foursome's purchase and poor performance could be considerable. Some fans blame Damien Comolli - although with his greater knowledge of European football, it is probable he also suggested candidates from the continent - but Dalglish is definitely diminished; partly by overseeing their arrival, partly by his rhetoric in defending them and partly by the way others have been elbowed aside to promote players who, simply, are not good enough for Liverpool.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/1041734/norman-hubbard:-liverpool's-flawed-four?cc=5901

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 29, 2012, 08:04:25 AM »
Adams possibly out for rest of season...good riddance.  Piss poor tackler; one of the worst I've seen in a while.  We really missing Lucas.  De fella does a lot of intangibles that are necessary to keep the balance in midfield and shield the back four. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: March 29, 2012, 11:07:11 AM »
That fella talking shit about Meireles being shunted out the back door.  Meireles wanted to go chase titles at Chelsea because he thought he would do better under Villas-Boas. He was the one who jumped ship... nobody shunted him anywhere. 

Aside from that I think he being a bit harsh on Carroll... but stats doh lie, so hard to really protest.  Everything else on point, on present form we waste a ton of money... and doh tell mih nutten about net spending either.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 30, 2012, 11:12:36 AM »
Stole this from FB, had me rolling!  :rotfl:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: March 30, 2012, 12:19:40 PM »
Saw somebody post that in the comments under a Youtube vid... have to admit it was pretty funny.  Ah well...

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: March 30, 2012, 12:52:40 PM »
That's very clever. You know the ridiculous thing about this season in a nutshell? We've beaten all of those other 4 teams this season.  :beermug:

1]; } ?>