April 20, 2024, 09:40:16 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 463379 times)

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2010 on: May 08, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »
I think Cech's position as Chelsea's no. 1 is safe for now....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2011 on: May 08, 2012, 02:26:08 PM »
gwan Liverpool lol

Hey, we'll take it... Chelsea might have prevailed in the Cup but if not for a couple inches in Liverpool's favor things mighta been different and today it woulda been Chelsea scrapping to salvage something from this domestic season.  Allyuh better pray allyuh beat Bayern.

-----------------------------

Just noticed the new logo on the Liverpool shirts and was curious...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/05/08/liverpool-fc-to-wear-new-logo-seeing-is-believing-against-chelsea-to-promote-sponsors-standard-chartered-s-global-charity-100252-30920595/

Don't understand why Chelsea would not come gunning for this match, considering that they will find it hard to win at Bayern.

I confused also.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: May 10, 2012, 02:05:58 PM »
Video for the Warrior kit launch tonight  :beermug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lliZ7fhJ5QI&feature=youtu.be

Unconfirmed, but this is probably it:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: May 10, 2012, 02:23:46 PM »
The JFT 96 is a nice touch... but beyond that, that shit ugly.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: May 10, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »
I like it. I stopped buying football kits 7 years ago, but I might get this one.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: May 10, 2012, 04:14:28 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: May 10, 2012, 04:20:09 PM »
... and we'll have as many trophies as Chelski

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: May 11, 2012, 08:58:56 AM »
Video for the Warrior kit launch tonight  :beermug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lliZ7fhJ5QI&feature=youtu.be

Unconfirmed, but this is probably it:

Hadn't bought the kit since they changed over from Reebok, and bought them this year.  That looking nice though.  I believe Warrior is a subsidiary of New Balance, so they ain't go gape.  They are a household name in  lacrosse and ah guess they looking to make a breakthrough in football.  NESV love to stick to their New England connection  eh?  Watch this deal: it is pure New England alliance.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: May 13, 2012, 10:39:49 AM »
8th place and a Carling Cup. Good riddance to 2011/12  :beermug:

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: May 13, 2012, 10:45:36 AM »
8th place and a Carling Cup. Good riddance to 2011/12  :beermug:

Dalglish should be given one season to at least move Liverpool to Europa League contention (at the very worst). If Newcastle can get a Europa league place, I don't see why Liverpool can't.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: May 13, 2012, 11:01:15 AM »
Dalglish should be given one season to at least move Liverpool to Europa League contention (at the very worst). If Newcastle can get a Europa league place, I don't see why Liverpool can't.

We already in Europa next year on the basis of the Carling Cup win... although we have to start in the third round since we didn't finish at least fifth in the PL, and didn't win the FA Cup.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: May 13, 2012, 11:12:26 AM »

We already in Europa next year on the basis of the Carling Cup win... although we have to start in the third round since we didn't finish at least fifth in the PL, and didn't win the FA Cup.

Point taken. I should have clarified my post. I wrote it on the basis of the worst case scenario where Liverpool get eliminated from the Europa League and have to end up qualifying on the basis of its form in the English cup competitions and the Premier League.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: May 15, 2012, 08:49:45 PM »
Rumour has it that Dalglish has quit the club late today and the bosses would like to employ Wigan's Roberto Martinez as the new coach.. If this happens.. I think he will do a great job with more money at his disposal.. Once again, this was something I read off a Fox soccer app that I got, so it's possible it can be a Rumour.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: May 15, 2012, 10:30:13 PM »
Rumour has it that Dalglish has quit the club late today and the bosses would like to employ Wigan's Roberto Martinez as the new coach.. If this happens.. I think he will do a great job with more money at his disposal.. Once again, this was something I read off a Fox soccer app that I got, so it's possible it can be a Rumour.

The Daily Star reported that they wanted Martinez (who Villa supposedly after as well), but it hasn't been substantiated that Kenny's job is in danger.  He's was in Boston from Sunday meeting with ownership though, to discuss his future.  From what I've read, he wasn't summoned, but went in person to deliver a season-end report, as well as to get clarification for himself.

Things in a state of flux though... they haven't given him any assurances that he'll be back.  Also, no Director of Football means we don't have anyone to negotiate contracts with transfer targets, and the window opens in just over a month.  So them taking their time to give him an answer and to replace Damien Comolli, in my mind, doesn't bode well for him.

But nah, he eh resign... yet.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: May 16, 2012, 08:48:03 AM »

The Daily Star reported that they wanted Martinez (who Villa supposedly after as well), but it hasn't been substantiated that Kenny's job is in danger.  He's was in Boston from Sunday meeting with ownership though, to discuss his future.  From what I've read, he wasn't summoned, but went in person to deliver a season-end report, as well as to get clarification for himself.

Things in a state of flux though... they haven't given him any assurances that he'll be back.  Also, no Director of Football means we don't have anyone to negotiate contracts with transfer targets, and the window opens in just over a month.  So them taking their time to give him an answer and to replace Damien Comolli, in my mind, doesn't bode well for him.

Supposedly, Dalgish was offered a seat on the board again and he refused.  He has not gotten assurances from the owners about his longterm future as manager and that is how the visit ended.  This is a sticky situation, as Femway know that they are walking on eggshells here.  How do they replace Dalgish without enraging the section of fans that think he should be given more time?  Martinez is supposedly the bookies' favorite to succeed Dalgish, with Rafa a close second.  There's even been talk about the two working in tandem, but I can't see either of the two agreeing to that, especially Rafa.  Statement will be released by Friday, supposedly.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2025 on: May 16, 2012, 09:16:51 AM »
The Mirror is reporting he's gone

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: May 16, 2012, 09:33:15 AM »

Thanks....I get the feeling you all will have a new manager soon though. Dalglish spent alot on players and did not even finish in a Champions league spot. I can't see the board being too happy with that. Some say he should get more time, but me being a neutral on this being a Man.U fan and all think he got it wrong with some of the players he brought in and the kind of money he spent for them. I guess we will know soon enough if he gets to keep his position as manager.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: May 16, 2012, 09:38:28 AM »

So is ESPN Soccernet

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: May 16, 2012, 09:40:41 AM »

So is ESPN Soccernet

BBC sports also announced that he has left the club!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: May 16, 2012, 09:47:22 AM »
On a purely footballing basis, Liverpool's performance this season was unacceptable and Dalglish should be held chiefly responsible. If Hodgson wasn't good enough with worse players and less financial backing at his disposal then Dalglish certainly hasn't been good enough.

From a non-footballing perspective, he should also be held to account for his reaction to and handling of the Suarez affair. The Liverpool brand took a serious dent from that whole scene.

Dalglish leaving for me is the right conclusion.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: May 16, 2012, 09:56:01 AM »

So is ESPN Soccernet

Yeah, it's official... and warranted.  He's not up to scratch this time around.  Cue Roberto Martinez.... or long shot, Brendan Rogers

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: May 16, 2012, 09:57:36 AM »
On a purely footballing basis, Liverpool's performance this season was unacceptable and Dalglish should be held chiefly responsible. If Hodgson wasn't good enough with worse players and less financial backing at his disposal then Dalglish certainly hasn't been good enough.

From a non-footballing perspective, he should also be held to account for his reaction to and handling of the Suarez affair. The Liverpool brand took a serious dent from that whole scene.

Dalglish leaving for me is the right conclusion.

Hard pill to swallow, but removing the emotional admiration for the legend that is Dalgish at 'Pool as a player and manger, he has to be accountable.  The British experiment failed miserably.  We're stuck with some pretty mediocre players on our books, and we need to be more competitive.  Eight spot in the EPL is not good enough for a club as big as 'Pool, and that is the reality. 

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: May 16, 2012, 09:58:51 AM »

So is ESPN Soccernet

Yeah, it's official... and warranted.  He's not up to scratch this time around.  Cue Roberto Martinez.... or long shot, Brendan Rogers

Martinez for me.  He finally found the right balance between style and substance late season, and Wigan did some real damage.  You could say Man U's demise started with their loss at Wigan.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:27:03 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: May 16, 2012, 10:00:29 AM »
Official statement here:
http://t.co/3kp96Iki

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: May 16, 2012, 10:01:34 AM »

So is ESPN Soccernet

No real surprise, if had won the FA Cup maybe he would of been safe.  But football hasn't been good, neither results.

It is also a bit to do with the Suarez affair and his handling of it and his handling of the media in general, don't think the sponsors were at all happy.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: May 16, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »
Liverpool axe Dalglish
Reds part company with manager after poor league displays

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey.   Last Updated: May 16, 2012 4:43pm

Sky sources understand Liverpool have parted company with manager Kenny Dalglish, with Wigan's Roberto Martinez favourite to replace him.

Dalglish returned to Liverpool in January 2011 as caretaker under new owners Fenway Sports Group and was then appointed on a three-year permanent deal last summer.

After spending £35million on Andy Carroll, he then invested a further £80million last summer, but Premier League results have been poor and despite a Carling Cup final success, it was their worst league campaign since the 1950s.

The Reds lost the FA Cup final to Chelsea and ended up finishing eighth in the league, below city rivals Everton.

After Dalglish flew to America earlier this week to meet the club's owners, a decision has been made to part ways and it is understood that FSG already have targets in mind.

Sky Sports understands that Wigan boss Martinez is top of their list of targets and the man who turned Aston Villa down last summer could find it hard to shun a switch to Anfield.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7760662/Liverpool-axe-Dalglish?dcmp=Facebook_KennySacked

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: May 16, 2012, 10:11:54 AM »
Not a Pool fan especially because of his handling of the Suarez affair.

Gerard is a boss player
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2037 on: May 16, 2012, 10:18:11 AM »
Bring back Rafa.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: May 16, 2012, 10:30:47 AM »
I'd take Rafa back; he'd be off and running seamlessly, but Martinez is just waiting for a big job.  He has overachieved at Wigan. 

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: May 16, 2012, 10:40:32 AM »
They should at least meet with Rafa to hear his views.  They might not want to go for another coach revered as a legend by many of the fans, because it makes sacking them a very difficult balancing act, when sh*t hits the fan.

1]; } ?>