April 16, 2024, 01:15:17 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 462698 times)

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2550 on: March 16, 2014, 09:00:19 AM »
This mudder c**t Moyes

Moyes making them foul and handle the ball in the box?
Can't blame Moyes for the poor play, but I believe if ManU lose this match, he will be replaced.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: March 16, 2014, 09:07:36 AM »
This mudder c**t Moyes

Moyes making them foul and handle the ball in the box?

Is always Moyes fault!

Lol!

Sturridge Dive, Vidic Red, 3rd penalty, 3-0 Miss!.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: March 16, 2014, 09:14:21 AM »
Time for one more!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: March 16, 2014, 09:19:04 AM »
I remember the days of hoping for Man U to lose so I could get a lil laugh.  This season was like Christmas but now it actually getting boring.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: March 16, 2014, 09:19:55 AM »
I remember the days of hoping for Man U to lose so I could get a lil laugh.  This season was like Christmas but now it actually getting boring.

Ent!

I starting to feel a lil sorry for them

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: March 16, 2014, 09:34:53 AM »
Sigh
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: March 16, 2014, 09:40:09 AM »
 :loser:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: March 16, 2014, 09:49:37 AM »
I normaly like Tim Howard as a commentator, but he talking too much today.

He's painful. Generally I use a different source but I had to endure him today. Later on when one of his comments (regarding a Pool corner) confirmed an observation I made on here a few weeks ago, ah eased him up. :)

Frankly, my issue is with the lack of insightful analysis or technical nous that is contrastingly found amongst commentators from countries with a deeper football culture. For a large portion he was lending nothing substantial to the game.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: March 16, 2014, 11:00:47 AM »
Rodgers just exposed Moyes' lack of tactical flexibility.  Lots of work to do to rebuild that squad.  It's only because Sir Alex was there so long and was able to patch the cracks, that they managed to be competitive for so long.  The midfield is in need of some reinforcements:  Carrick is aging, Cleverly is not up to stamdard, Fletcher may never recover his pre-condition form, and Moyes is not letting Mata run the show, and play two strikers up front.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: March 16, 2014, 01:05:01 PM »
I normaly like Tim Howard as a commentator, but he talking too much today.

...and talking too much shit.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: March 17, 2014, 10:28:24 AM »
Interesting read from Sky Sports: We don't just pass the ball for passing sake; we're much more incisive this year, compared to last season.  The players are starting to really understand Rodgers and his demand for tactical flexibility from game to game, and that is making Liverpool much less predictable.  That is the continental coaching development honed in Spain, Holland, and Germany that is reflected in his coaching style and philosophy. Pretty footballl with purpose and goals to boot.  Now for the defence to settle down and start keeping more clean sheets.  I going with Skrtel and Agger for the rest of the season, barring injuries (touch wood).
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Brendan Rodgers continues to improve this Liverpool team, is the title really beyond them?

“We’re going away disappointed that we didn’t score more goals.” Steven Gerrard’s assessment of Liverpool’s 3-0 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday was arguably more damning than the scoreline itself. The question now is a simple one - Can they win the title?

“No chance,” said Brendan Rodgers in his post-match press conference. But the beaming smile said something rather different. And why not? With five consecutive victories, Liverpool are the Premier League’s form team. This is no false position and it is only the perception forged from the recent past that prevents more people from heralding their chances of winning this league. All the evidence from the current campaign suggests Liverpool have the quality to do it.

Perhaps the most important aspect of their success has been the tactical tweaks that have given the team a new dimension. This Liverpool appear to have many ways of winning games and it’s a trait recognised by their skipper. “I think you've got to give credit to the manager,” he said after the United win. “He keeps switching it, tinkering with the formation and the tactics. We played a diamond today and totally bossed it in the middle of the park.”

The diamond formation, with Raheem Sterling in the hole, was not a whim on Rodgers’ part. It was a specific tactical ploy designed to punish United. “I just felt that the Manchester United centre-halves drop off so we could exploit the space in front of that with Raheem’s speed,” Rodgers explained. “We felt in this game that because of the nature of Manchester United being at home they’d have to attack and that would allow us to get in round the back of their midfield.”

Importantly, there is no guarantee that Liverpool will line up the same way next time out. While Rodgers knew what to expect of David Moyes’ Manchester United, getting a steer on this Liverpool team is a tricky business when they can change their plans to suit the demands of any particular match. “We worked it the other way against Southampton where we felt we could play through them with Philippe and then bring Raheem on when the game opens up,” added Rodgers.

It’s a flexibility that relies on the tactical intelligence of his players. Indeed, that was a recurring theme during Rodger’s post-match address. The Liverpool boss name-checked no fewer than five of his starting line-up in citing their tactical nous. Sterling was “developing really well tactically” we were told, while young full-back Jon Flanagan was “tactically very good” in adapting to the challenge of a big game.

Rodgers reserved the biggest praise for two men who’ve come in for criticism in the past in Jordan Henderson and Joe Allen. The midfield pair were tasked with the dual role of ensuring Liverpool had superiority of numbers in the middle but also getting out wide to help out their full-backs. Allen covered the most ground of any player on the pitch – 11.87km – and Henderson wasn’t far behind with 11.25km of running.

“Both the boys on the side, Jordan Henderson and Joe Allen, were exceptional,” said Rodgers. “They very rarely get mentioned, especially Joe Allen. But there is tactical intelligence required to play on the side.” There’s that word ‘tactics’ again. Clearly Rodgers is revelling in the fact that his players are taking his ideas on board. Poetry in motion is the chant from the Liverpool supporters but hard work is the Melwood mantra.

“I think the biggest thing in terms of where we’ve come in the past year is belief. We now inherently believe in what we’re doing. We’ve played a number of systems this year but the style stays the same. We want a team of dominance on the ball and aggressiveness in attack.” The fusion of those two styles has been an important factor in the improvement. They are not passing for the sake of it. In fact, Liverpool rank fifth in the Premier League for number of passes – down to 495 per game from 521 last year. Aggression in their attacking is the oft-repeated line now.

Top Four Comparison - PL 2013/14      
Team           Clear chances created   
Liverpool              67   
Manchester City      61   
Arsenal              50   
Chelsea              37   

It’s evident in much of the work from Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge. In truth, the strike pair were not at their very best on Sunday. However, they still managed to terrorise Nemanja Vidic and Phil Jones. Run at defenders and things tend to happen. Liverpool have completed more dribbles (370) than any other Premier League team and have created more clear opportunities (67) too. Gerrard’s view that United’s defence hadn’t had a harder 90 minutes was probably justified.

Barclays Prem
POS PTS
1 Chelsea 66
2 Liverpool 62
3 Arsenal 62
4 Man City 60
Table last updated 17/03/2014 10:20

And the really scary thing is they’re getting better. The improvement is typified by Flanagan. “Working with him closely on the training field, you can see the improvement he’s made in the exercises that we do,” said Rodgers. “He’s improved his technique and then he’s been able to tactically introduce that into his game. He’s been very committed and it’s great to see young players like that improve and get better.”

This continued improvement will inevitability lead to title talk, despite Rodgers’ bizarre claim that they have more important things to discuss at Anfield. But if it works it works and clearly the aim is to keep the pressure off his players. As the man himself says: “We’ll just get on with coaching the players to get better.” It seems that ethos could yet take this Liverpool side rather further than their fans might dare to dream.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15117/9218775/as-brendan-rodgers-continues-to-improve-this-liverpool-team-is-the-title-really-beyond-them
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:30:01 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: March 17, 2014, 10:37:40 AM »

Ent!

I starting to feel a lil sorry for them

Breds, don't do that. The club needs a serious Fergie purge.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: March 17, 2014, 10:53:27 AM »
Pool cyah drop any points going fwd ... what something like 9 games. But back in de day Arsenal had an even stiffer challenge, something like 12 games ahead of them and they won those games. On balance, Pool might be most deserving of the title.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:54:58 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: March 17, 2014, 11:42:05 AM »
Pool cyah drop any points going fwd ... what something like 9 games. But back in de day Arsenal had an even stiffer challenge, something like 12 games ahead of them and they won those games. On balance, Pool might be most deserving of the title.

It looks promising, but based on the number of false dawns I have endured as a Liverpool supporter, I am not so sure about the title; of course Liverpool should go for it, but at this point, at the very least, the reds need to secure the champions league spot to keep the likes of Suarez and Sturridge looking at other clubs to increase their chances of playing champions league football.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: March 17, 2014, 02:16:58 PM »
In that game Suarez was like a stingy girlfriend, not going down easy at all.
Man take multiple hits where he shouldn't be expected to keep his footing and did not bother to fling himself, like he learn something.
 :applause:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: March 17, 2014, 03:04:43 PM »
Man take multiple hits where he shouldn't be expected to keep his footing and did not bother to fling himself, like he learn something.

Sturridge on the other hand was like Greg Louganis.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: March 17, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »

Obviously he realize Foy wasn't giving it if yuh try and stay on yuh feet.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: March 17, 2014, 03:36:33 PM »

Obviously he realize Foy wasn't giving it if yuh try and stay on yuh feet.

Yuh have to get touch first doh

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: March 17, 2014, 04:18:33 PM »
Yuh have to get touch first doh

Yuh didn't say he "dive" though, yuh say he was "diving"... yuh ent saying nothing about the other two times he was brought down in the box.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: March 18, 2014, 11:33:44 AM »
I heard a Trini voice asking a question on the most recent Anfield Wrap podcast, live in NYC. Was that any of you?  :beermug: (@ 10:55)
Download link: http://traffic.libsyn.com/theanfieldwrap/PODCAST_-_LIVE_IN_NYC.m4a

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: March 22, 2014, 10:23:17 AM »
Liverbird flying high... dragging an unwilling defense along in the process.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: March 22, 2014, 06:13:14 PM »

We gotta sort out that defence in the summer.  I say go after Vertonghen; he wants to play CL football.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: March 22, 2014, 06:36:43 PM »

We gotta sort out that defence in the summer.  I say go after Vertonghen; he wants to play CL football.

I actually think it's more adjustment to the system than the constituent parts... but I know I in the minority on that.

On a different note... check out Sturridge's backheel pass to Suarez for the 4th goal, sublime.

And again at the 1:52 mark...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xlA-btiTykc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xlA-btiTykc</a>

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: March 22, 2014, 06:44:44 PM »
Defence is taking too long to get with the program.  This is the bottom of Rodgers' second season.  How much patience can he have?  Tough call, but I'd sell
Agger and go for Vertonghen.  I think he is the best of all the CBs on the ball, but we are missing that leadership in the back.  Honestly, we are missing Carragher.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: March 22, 2014, 07:59:26 PM »
Honestly, we are missing Carragher.

KJ could play defense in dat Pool side..
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: March 22, 2014, 08:04:58 PM »

Doing what?  Come nah man.  Rodgers requires his defenders to be able to play the ball out from the back... what about Kenwyne Jones makes you think he capable of doing that?  Tenor... same concern I have about Vertonghen, not saying he can't, just that I don't have that confidence in him.  Agger for whatever his fault is gifted in that department.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: March 24, 2014, 01:34:37 PM »

Doing what?  Come nah man.  Rodgers requires his defenders to be able to play the ball out from the back... what about Kenwyne Jones makes you think he capable of doing that?  Tenor... same concern I have about Vertonghen, not saying he can't, just that I don't have that confidence in him.  Agger for whatever his fault is gifted in that department.

Nah man, Vertonghen has a good handle on the ball.  Very good going forward.  He has the ability to play our tiki taka version.  Ah love Agger, and as I said, he is the best of all the CBs playing the ball out of the back.  He or Skrtel needs to take control of the entire defence and conduct it like Carra used to.  That is why I said we were missing Carra. 

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: March 24, 2014, 04:02:20 PM »
Breaking News: Reuteurs (Arima) - Liverpool close to signing Mukumsplau on a 4 year fan contract beginning 2014/15. Agreement yet to be found with Juventus.

...more to follow.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: March 24, 2014, 04:26:20 PM »
Tenor, Agger seems the better candidate of the two... but for some reason has regressed a step this season.  I honestly think is lack of familiarity (too many line up changes) across the back that causing all the miscommunication yes.  I'll take your word for it on Vertonghen  :beermug:

Breaking News: Reuteurs (Arima) - Liverpool close to signing Mukumsplau on a 4 year fan contract beginning 2014/15. Agreement yet to be found with Juventus.

...more to follow.

Is this on a free? lol

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: &quot;You'll Never Walk Alone&quot; - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2579 on: March 24, 2014, 05:35:32 PM »
On rotation lol

Ive been very very very impressed with liverpool this season and rodgers who went about humble humble doin alot of work these past few years. I get value for my 2hrs when i sit down to watch them. Suarez or no suarez. Dis feelin serious cuz i never saw myself givin a shit bout any EPL side.

1]; } ?>