March 28, 2024, 02:50:39 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460090 times)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2009, 09:50:51 AM »
Robbie Keane is in the Liverpool dressing room (in plain clothes obviously) according to radio reports...this gets curiouser and curiouser...

giggsy11

« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2009, 09:52:02 AM »
If Tottenham swap Keane for Lennon they are out their minds....Firstly they have only Bentley as the next good wing option...O'Hara is a decent player but they will need 2 very good wingers to pull them out of the trouble they are in

If they swap...they will have to buy a winger...or at least loan in one

Agreed, but that my friend is the difference between a team who has a clear and definete blue print for continued success (United) versus teams like Spurs ( Shiterpool, Chelski, ) who don't and are floundering as a result.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2009, 09:53:43 AM »
If Tottenham swap Keane for Lennon they are out their minds....Firstly they have only Bentley as the next good wing option...O'Hara is a decent player but they will need 2 very good wingers to pull them out of the trouble they are in

Palacios can play on the wing, but you have a valid point. Plus, there are more than 24 hours left in the transfer window - I suspect this will go down to the wire  :beermug:

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2009, 10:12:40 AM »
Rumour is Keane to Spurs possibly Lennon in part ex and bent to Sunderland to help pay for it.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2009, 10:17:11 AM »
They just confirmed on the radio that Keane is not in the XI or on the bench...strong rumour that there will be a Keane - Lennon straight swap...

Poor Lennon. Rafa has yet to show that he could trust a winger to run a line properly. Lennon is a better player than Pennant but he probaly end up the same way.

Redknapp already looking to marginalize Lennon. He buy Palacios, believes in Modric and Zokora. After them 3 yuh have Bentley, Huddlestone, Jenas and O'Hara to get a sweat. Plus he want to play with two strikers so Lennon's options are limited right now.

Lennon and Jenas lookinng like they on borrowed time.

Which is madness IMO. Rednkapp would be doing a better job if he would just focus on building up the players he has now, which are better than what he had at Pompey, rather than trying to bloat the squad.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2009, 12:05:55 PM »
 :beermug:....And just like that, the title race is on again..... :beermug:

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2009, 12:16:52 PM »
:beermug:....And just like that, the title race is on again..... :beermug:
it was never off, we just wanted to show them we could play ketch up..come from behind does sound nice  :devil:

so what was the difference with this game and the games after the Newcastle game
is like we don't play with the intensity against the mediocre sides
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2009, 01:45:57 PM »
BBC Radio 5Live are reporting that Spurs have bid £15m for Robbie Keane

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2009, 01:59:34 PM »
BBC Radio 5Live are reporting that Spurs have bid £15m for Robbie Keane
And the thot plickens...

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2009, 06:16:40 AM »
dat whole Robbie Keane thing was a piece of assness by the Club on a whole and it look like we take a huge loss on it,
unless we did only pay some of the fee initially and then Spurs come and say we go give allyuh 12 million and call it even

Robbie ah apologise for that treatment yuh get  :-[

on another note something kinda fishy with Spurs buying back all dem players too, how come they ent call back Berbatov yet?  :devil:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 06:19:56 AM by Feliziano »
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 03, 2009, 06:40:55 AM »
If Keane score against liverpool in the last game of the season to cost them the league i go laugh.....rafa do a pack ah assness with keane

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2009, 09:05:56 PM »
If Keane score against liverpool in the last game of the season to cost them the league i go laugh.....rafa do a pack ah assness with keane

Dat go make this all the more likely.....

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2009, 12:02:00 AM »

...as a huge Robbie Keane fan I approve of this message.

Rafa is a backside and ah half.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2009, 09:34:34 AM »

...as a huge Robbie Keane fan I approve of this message.

Rafa is a backside and ah half.

Rafa overthinks...

At Valencia he won some titles, and he became known for his tactical prowess, discipline and defense which allowed him to finish ahead of Real & Barca with less talented squads "on paper".... The difference between Valencia in Rafa's day, and Liverpool now is that Valencia had a multitude of exceptionally talented squad/role players, (Rufete, Aimar, Carboni, Angulo, Ayala, Baraja, Kily Gonzales etc...)  and no real standout Talisman....The kinda squad that seems to fit perfectly into an over-managing, lack of free-flow style of coaching that is Rafa's

Liverpool currently has 2 talismanic players (now that Keane is gone), and a bunch of good but not exceptional squad players...and it doesn't seem like overmanaging works with that kinda player make-up because while it might bring out the best in your squad players, it doesn't seem to do so for your iconic big players, and Keane looks to be another example of such- funny thing is average men were calling it before it even happened...

Plain & simple there was just no room for a player like Keane in the side.  Keane is not a squad player- you need to build the game around him or else you won't get the most of him...and it's plain as day that Liverpool's game is/was built around Gerrard & Torres... Keane was made to be a squad player, and he returned the output of a squad player...now he's gone off to another team that will employ him as the leader that he is.   
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2009, 09:36:06 AM »
I wonder if all the people who buy Robbie Keane Liverpool Jerseys getting a refund or exchange? ... and on the flip side of the coin, everybody at Tottenham who turn their Keane shirts into car cloth ... well look ting! - Vintage Keane shirt .. worn on the fields of battle.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2009, 10:07:22 AM »
Far be it from me to say "I told you" so, but

When plenty men was praising the Keane signing (allyuh know allyuh self) I was saying that Rafa would waste him. At best the Keane transfer would have made Liverpool deeper but he was nnever going to make their first team better because Rafa has a fixed way of playing and that does not include two forwards.

Solid signing.  Good for 20 goals every season.  Knows the Prem.

Not playing out on the wing. Benitez is not playing Keane and Torres up front as a twosome.

Expect him to be playing where Kuyt and Babel play most games, and only sometimes up top with Torres or replacing him when he is rested.

Very good player but no guarantee that Rafa will get the best out of him.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2009, 10:31:07 AM »
Far be it from me to say "I told you" so, but

When plenty men was praising the Keane signing (allyuh know allyuh self) I was saying that Rafa would waste him. At best the Keane transfer would have made Liverpool deeper but he was nnever going to make their first team better because Rafa has a fixed way of playing and that does not include two forwards.

Solid signing.  Good for 20 goals every season.  Knows the Prem.

Not playing out on the wing. Benitez is not playing Keane and Torres up front as a twosome.

Expect him to be playing where Kuyt and Babel play most games, and only sometimes up top with Torres or replacing him when he is rested.

Very good player but no guarantee that Rafa will get the best out of him.

Ah like how yuh say far be it from me to say I told you so...yet that's exactly what yuh doing  :D

btw I called it too (in that same thread):  Well kinda....

i think this signing makes Liverpool a legitimate contender for the EPL title this season.

now they finally have a 2nd forward who can actually score goals and create them, and now I expect Dirk Kuyt to be a firm fixture on the right wing.

Keane is a man scores goals anywhere he goes, even at Inter Milan. The only reason he had a few less goals last season is because his minutes was getting ration off steady to Darren Bent and Jermain Defoe and he was always first sub and Berbatov wasn't coming off for nothing.

I remember going to watch Keane play live a couple years ago against Fulham and I was amazed at this guy's touch and control, awareness and passing.  He was dropping back deep and controlling the game, everything was going through him.

excellent move by liverpool.

Agreed- very smart hard working player- good buy for most teams...but I don't think he managed a single goal at Inter (not that I remember).... Tardelli wasn't on him man at all....Loaned him out as soon as Lippi got the boot...might have been some politics involved there (or maybe just personal preferences)

Thing about Keane though is for all his talent and his experience, I feel like only in the last 2 seasons or so, he began to enjoy being a "franchise player" as opposed to someone trying to prove himself (got screwed at Inter, had to fight for a spot in his second season at Leeds, had to fight for spot for sometime at Hotspur).......I only hope that Benitez' rotation policy doesn't mean more of the same old frustration for him....because it would be a terrible waste, and he might have been better served staying at White Hart lane or playing with a team outside of the "big 4".

;D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 10:32:41 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2009, 02:19:49 PM »
I, like many I presume... liked the signing for the potential it offered.  No one knew exactly how it would have played out in Rafa's system.  Some of you took a guess that it wouldn't and you were right.  I have no problem telling you so in hindsight.

Waste of money... waste of a player.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2009, 02:36:28 PM »
i raising my hand and eating my crow...  :-\

i really thought Keane was good for a 20 goals this season and remember posting that he would turn liverpool in to genuine title contenders if he and Torres click.

But i think i was blinded by being wrong about Torres the season before. I predicted he would fail under Rafa and i was completely wrong.

the fact is, as kicker alluded to in his post earlier, that Rafa's system is inhospitable to out and out strikers, but is a role player's haven. Torres is a notable exception.

During his time when he brought unprecedented success to Valencia, the one soft area of the team was up front. There were no really outstanding forwards at that club, with all kinda journeymen like Mista, Salva Ballesta, Angulo, Carew and other hounds rotating in the sole forward position and providing barren returns.. Even Aimar, the one standout talismanic player in the team experience a hefty dose of salt under Rafa.

I don't think there was a forward that scored more than 15 goals in any season during that era.. The system however depended on firstly a strong defence (Ayala, Marchena and de wingbacks) a strong central midield (Baraja, Albelda) supported by presssing wingers (Rufete, Kily Gonzalez, Vicente) but no forwards..

i feel sorry for Robbie Keane, but at least he ent rot there for more than half a season.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 02:42:35 PM by omarldinho »

giggsy11

« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2009, 02:58:45 PM »
Ah watching Everton v Liverpool in the FA cup replay-Gerrard off due to hamstring. Liverpool has 4 of the biggest floppers in the EPL- one is an Englishman, a Brazilian little shite who does commit a foul on almost every play and continues to boggle my mind how he does not get carded farless sent off and 2 Spaniards.

It appears that hamstring injuries have been the injury of the season. It appears that every other injury to a player has been a hamstring injury.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 03:02:29 PM by giggsy11 »

giggsy11

« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2009, 03:49:21 PM »
Well, well, what do you know- not only did the little Brazilian shite get booked but he also got sent offf!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2009, 04:49:52 PM »
Bye Bye shithongs....120 minutes...Gerrard injured...Torres picked up a knock...Your manager is a fat spanish waiter and he's cracking up and DANNY GOSLING last minute winner for The Blue half of merseyside

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 04, 2009, 05:05:21 PM »
Ok Small Mag, exhale.....

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2009, 06:05:12 PM »
Bye Bye shithongs....120 minutes...Gerrard injured...Torres picked up a knock...Your manager is a fat spanish waiter and he's cracking up and DANNY GOSLING last minute winner for The Blue half of merseyside

so who gone replace Torres now? yuh know he girlie oops i mean prone to injuries. Rafa go probably start keane now........oops again!

:rotfl: :rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2009, 06:11:47 PM »
oh god,no epl title,FA cup hopes out de window and de CL highly unlikely.sure rafa gone after this season.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2009, 06:20:31 PM »

Grow up you little troll.  We understand that this is your life and all...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2009, 08:28:26 PM »

Grow up you little troll.  We understand that this is your life and all...

cracking up like Rafa are we?  cant handle the pressure of mind games like your fat spanish waiter of a manager?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2009, 08:33:59 PM »
cracking up like Rafa are we?  cant handle the pressure of mind games like your fat spanish waiter of a manager?

Li'l boy, Rafa Benitez is of no consequence to me, unlike you and yuh god SAF. 

Additionally I don't live and die with Liverpool's wins and losses so you coming in here and throwing words doh really bother me like that.  I juss find it making you look immature... but then again, you are immature... so what am I saying.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2009, 08:49:03 PM »

Li'l boy, Rafa Benitez is of no consequence to me, unlike you and yuh god SAF. 

Additionally I don't live and die with Liverpool's wins and losses so you coming in here and throwing words doh really bother me like that.  I juss find it making you look immature... but then again, you are immature... so what am I saying.

And you handle the banter so maturely....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2009, 09:15:02 PM »
And you handle the banter so maturely....

Other than calling you a troll (which judging by your presence in this thread is factual), actually, I think I did.

My saying that you're "immature" wasn't a dig at you per se... you are immature, just an objective observation.  Youth is a mitigating factor but it only goes so far.  To be fair, many of us acted similarly in our teens... your actions stand out because of the age disparity relative to the majority... and your high profie at that.

1]; } ?>