March 28, 2024, 06:23:32 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460018 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #210 on: February 04, 2009, 09:19:53 PM »
And you handle the banter so maturely....

Other than calling you a troll (which judging by your presence in this thread is factual), actually, I think I did.

My saying that you're "immature" wasn't a dig at you per se... you are immature, just an objective observation.  Youth is a mitigating factor but it only goes so far.  To be fair, many of us acted similarly in our teens... your actions stand out because of the age disparity relative to the majority... and your high profie at that.

I'm not immature..I'm just passionate about the sport and love the banter and stuff....And we all troll... how else are we to have a laugh at each other?

I'm not angry or snapping back... just letting you know it's part of the game

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 04, 2009, 09:22:27 PM »

Other than calling you a troll (which judging by your presence in this thread is factual), actually, I think I did.

My saying that you're "immature" wasn't a dig at you per se... you are immature, just an objective observation.  Youth is a mitigating factor but it only goes so far.  To be fair, many of us acted similarly in our teens... your actions stand out because of the age disparity relative to the majority... and your high profie at that.

I'm not immature..I'm just passionate about the sport and love the banter and stuff....And we all troll... how else are we to have a laugh at each other?

Passion is understandable.

I actually find that you can be measured and mature when you want to be... which to me is the shame of it all.  I don't agree that we all troll... but many here do, so I guess in that regard your actions are no different.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 04, 2009, 09:45:06 PM »

Passion is understandable.

I actually find that you can be measured and mature when you want to be... which to me is the shame of it all.  I don't agree that we all troll... but many here do, so I guess in that regard your actions are no different.

Bakes doh take on Small Mag...he eh start to deal wit' real responsibility and life yet.

He reminds me of myself when I was ah teenager.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2009, 10:13:33 PM »
Rafa Benitez Blames 'Bad Luck' For Liverpool's FA Cup ExitRafa the gaffer couldn't his disappointment after the ten-man Reds were sent packing by their Mersey rivals...
Liverpool's hopes of recreating their 2006 FA Cup triumph were shattered last night as an extra-time Dan Gosling strike gave Everton the honours in the fourth-round replay at Goodison Park.

The Reds weren't at their best, it is fair to say, as the Toffees' defence - marshalled brilliantly by the ever-improving Phil Jagielka - barely gave Fernando Torres & Co. a sniff.

The Anfield club were further hampered by Steven Gerrard's early withdrawal with a hamstring injury, while Lucas Leiva joined his skipper on the sidelines later on after seeing red for a second bookable offence.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez was full of regret for the way things unfolded, and he believes his side were rather unfortunate to lose at the death after working hard to overcome their handicaps.

The Spaniard told the club's official website, "I am really disappointed to have gone out of the FA Cup. To play for a long time with ten players and then to concede a goal right at the end from a deflection, we have to be disappointed.

"The turning point of the game was the sending-off but I prefer not to say anything about that.

"You can lose players which is part of the game but when you play with 10 players and they are working as hard as they did tonight it was really bad luck at the end."

Liverpool have now been eliminated from both English knock-out competitions, as Tottenham Hotspur ousted them from the League Cup in November.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 04, 2009, 10:30:43 PM »
Bakes doh take on Small Mag...he eh start to deal wit' real responsibility and life yet.

Lol, dai'z why ah decide tuh pull back... I mighta been same way back den too.

I bet he belly never even self boil him yet  ;D

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 05, 2009, 12:40:34 PM »

Lol, dai'z why ah decide tuh pull back... I mighta been same way back den too.

I bet he belly never even self boil him yet  ;D

pee pee eh frothin' yet....  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #216 on: February 05, 2009, 12:59:42 PM »
the goal by Gosling (at 5:15) made the ESPN SC top 10 last night

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q05K_TEF5oE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q05K_TEF5oE</a>

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 05, 2009, 01:11:08 PM »
the goal by Gosling (at 5:15) made the ESPN SC top 10 last night

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q05K_TEF5oE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q05K_TEF5oE</a>

Nice finish. Everton deserves to go through.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 05, 2009, 03:30:03 PM »

It really was... even with the apparent touch by Skrtl. 

Neither of Lucas' yellows seemed deserved to me... certainly not the first.  Everton enjoyed all the chances after the sending off.  Alan Wiley cheated us of a chance to go through.  I wonder what are the chances of Lucas' red being rescinded?  ::)

-----------

lol... Kicker, ent?  :D

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #219 on: February 05, 2009, 03:44:04 PM »

Neither of Lucas' yellows seemed deserved to me... certainly not the first.  Everton enjoyed all the chances after the sending off.  Alan Wiley cheated us of a chance to go through.  I wonder what are the chances of Lucas' red being rescinded?  ::)

-----------

lol.
2nd one was a yellow. first one, no way.

Interestingly enough, if Liverpool were to launch a similar appeal - they would be turned down, because I believe Kev noted on another thread that rules prohibit a team from appealing a sending off from two yellows - only if it's a direct red.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2009, 11:43:51 AM »
So Gerrad out, and rafa saying that he may have to rest a "tired" Torres for the portsmouth game, whats plan b?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2009, 09:05:18 PM »
Gosling dumps out 10-man Reds
Everton 1 - Liverpool 0 (AET)

Teenager Dan Gosling won the Merseyside FA Cup battle for Everton with a winner deep into extra-time to dump out 10-man Liverpool.

The 19-year-old from Plymouth, in only his fifth appearance for the club, scored in the 118th minute to finally break the spirit of 10-man Liverpool.

Everton now face Aston Villa in the fifth round on February 15.

Liverpool ended in disarray. Robbie Keane sold, Steven Gerrard limping away after just 16 minutes, while Fernando Torres was withdrawn, exhausted, in extra-time.

They had been facing defeat from the moment Lucas was sent-off with 14 minutes of normal time left.

The Brazilian midfielder became the 23rd player to be dismissed in Merseyside derbies, with 16 of those coming in the last 10 years.

It summed up a fourth-round replay that was a war of attrition from the start between sides meeting for the third time in 17 days.

Everton had Marouane Fellaini back from suspension after missing the two derbies last month, while Liverpool left out Javier Mascherano and Fabio Aurelio, utilising Lucas and Andrea Dossena.

A simmering disdain was obvious. A match that was once the friendly derby turned into a nasty, spiteful one.

Neither manager had helped in the build-up as they sniped away at each other.

Reds boss Rafael Benitez had moaned about Everton's defensive tactics and physical approach while David Moyes claimed Liverpool were treated leniently by officials while asking for referee Alan Wiley to take a firm stance.

On the pitch the atmosphere was no better, and the Staffordshire official needed to be right on top of things.

He booked Tim Cahill after just 19 minutes for a flaying arm into Jamie Carragher's face, and lectures were dished out to Xabi Alonso, Lucas, Fellaini and Steven Pienaar.

There had been disruption for both sides beforehand.

Everton left out Victor Anichebe from their squad following his training-ground bust-up with Moyes, while Liverpool were surely distracted by the Keane saga.

And with the ink barely dry on transfer forms that had taken him back to Spurs, it was predictable that Liverpool found need for the Irishman after just 16 minutes.

They suffered the a savage blow when Gerrard pulled up with a hamstring problem and was replaced by Yossi Benayoun. If Keane had been around he would have been the ideal replacement to play behind Torres.

As it was Dirk Kuyt was shifted into a more central role, and Liverpool had lost their driving inspiration.

Liverpool tried to impose their passing game on Everton, who responded in their usual way.

Pienaar was booked a foul on Lucas, while the only genuine shots in the first half came from Alonso with a 25-yarder that skidded wide, while Leon Osman volleyed over from the edge of the box.

The second period started with Benayoun and Kuyt switching roles while Phil Neville and Lucas both picked up bookings.

Everton were soon to lose the injured Fellaini, teenager Gosling taking over.

That left Everton without any real threat in the air, and they were forced into another change when Pienaar - who had seemed to be struggling with a hamstring problem - was replaced by youngster Jack Rodwell.

Tim Howard needed to make a decent smothering save when Alonso's angled pass sent Albert Riera into the box.

Mikel Arteta had been pushed forward to help Cahill, Everton's resources stretched almost to breaking point.

Chances were rare. A Gosling shot failed to worry Jose Reina, while Howard pulled down a Kuyt header.

Liverpool's own sloppiness eventually allowed Everton the best chance so far.

Possession was squandered and Arteta passed for Leon Osman to hit a post.

Arteta was booked for a foul on Riera, but after 76 minutes Liverpool were reduced to 10 men when Lucas's daft trip on Joleon Lescott gave Wiley no choice but to brandish a second yellow and then red.

Mascherano was soon sent on to shore up the centre, Riera being sacrificed.

The flow of cards continued. Alonso being cautioned for a foul on Tony Hibbert with a minute of normal time to go.

In the first period of extra-time, Everton penned Liverpool back, Cahill having two efforts wide and missing a Leighton Baines cross.

Osman also went close twice before Liverpool took off Torres - played off the park by Phil Jagielka - and sent on Ryan Babel.

Andy van der Meyde came on for Neville, Everton searching for the moment to break Liverpool's resistance. Hibbert became Everton's fifth booking for a foul on Alonso.

And in the 118th minute, Everton went ahead.

Van Der Meyde's cross from the right was controlled by Gosling on the left, and his deflected shot went in off the far post.

Cue mass hysteria.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2009, 09:06:52 PM »
Reds rocked by Gerrard injury blow

Steven Gerrard will be out for three weeks after Liverpool confirmed he suffered a hamstring tear in Wednesday's FA Cup defeat at Everton.

The 28-year-old England star limped off 16 minutes into the Reds' fourth-round replay at Goodison Park and is now a doubt for the club's next two Premier League matches against Portsmouth and Manchester City.

A club spokesman said: "A scan has confirmed a tear in the hamstring of Steven's left leg. He will be out of action for about three weeks."

Gerrard may also miss the first leg of Liverpool's Champions League last-16 tie with Real Madrid, which is due to take place at the Bernabeu on February 25.

The news comes as a big disappointment for Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez, who has come under fire from fans and sections of the media for selling striker Robbie Keane to Tottenham on transfer deadline day for around £12million.

Benitez did not have time to bring in a replacement for the Republic of Ireland striker, and Gerrard's absence will further weaken the Spaniard's attacking options as Liverpool look to close the two-point gap on league leaders Manchester United, who have a game in hand.

Benitez is aware of the significant role Gerrard has in the team but now expects others to step up to cover his absence.

"He is an important player for us. It is always more difficult to play without him," Benitez said.

"You can't change things so it is better to concentrate on the next game.

"We have some problems with injuries and Portsmouth will be tough so we need players with fresh legs."
Feliz

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2009, 09:15:04 PM »
Portsmouth v Liverpool

Reds aim to keep the pressure on United

Liverpool travel to Portsmouth on Saturday evening without Steven Gerrard aiming to keep their title bid on track.

The Reds can go back to the top of the table for 24 hours at least with victory at Fratton Park with Manchester United not in action until Sunday.

However, they will have to do it without skipper Gerrard after he was ruled out for three weeks with a hamstring injury he picked up in the FA Cup replay defeat to Everton.

In Gerrard's absence Dirk Kuyt could be switched from his right-sided role into a more attacking position alongside Fernando Torres.

Lucas Leiva is missing for the visitors through suspension following his sending off in midweek.

Javier Mascherano will replace Lucas in midfield having started the game at Everton on the bench.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez could decide to shuffle his pack as he looks for some fresh legs following the draining extra-time defeat to Everton.

Fabio Aurelio is expected to return at left-back in place of Andrea Dossena after the Brazilian was rested in midweek.
Feliz

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 07, 2009, 02:03:13 AM »

-----------

lol.
2nd one was a yellow. first one, no way.

Interestingly enough, if Liverpool were to launch a similar appeal - they would be turned down, because I believe Kev noted on another thread that rules prohibit a team from appealing a sending off from two yellows - only if it's a direct red.

.....and how de HELL it is dat Lescott get away wit dat full-flying, studs-up tackle on Torres?  That is what is wrong with english football rite dey.  I eh sorry for liverpool, but the lack of consistency of the officiating in this league rel jokey oui.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2009, 04:14:05 AM »

Everton will rule again.

Jus need forwards
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2009, 06:48:50 AM »
Everton will rule again. ???

Yuh want to see meh take dis fish outta water.... :devil:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 07, 2009, 11:32:51 AM »
lets go portsmouth.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2009, 11:51:05 AM »
Does Rafa have a clue?  Babel playing center forward now?  I not doubting it, but I've never seen him play anything but wing... we'll see. 

Like what ah seeing outta Dossena and Benayoun so far.

'Pool playing all over Portsmouth so far.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2009, 12:48:47 PM »
Agger got away with one there...

Not intentional but hand far enough away from his body for it to be a worthy shout...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 07, 2009, 12:51:12 PM »
so babel is plan b?

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2009, 12:52:15 PM »
so babel is plan b?

Plan B juss facking fail...brilliant set up by Benayoun and Kuyt.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 07, 2009, 12:54:08 PM »
f**king shit.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 07, 2009, 12:54:30 PM »
so babel is plan b?

Plan B juss facking fail...brilliant set up by Benayoun and Kuyt.

yeah boy......torres woulda fly if stretching to get that.
(Muslim)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2009, 12:54:50 PM »
Pompey with a shocker- against the run of play....

nice finish though a hint of offside.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2009, 12:55:12 PM »
 :o :devil:
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 07, 2009, 12:56:42 PM »
y rafa eh play kuyt center forward? wasnt he a goal machine b4 he came to liverpool?
(Muslim)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2009, 12:57:34 PM »
Babel is a shit snake..Needs to go this summer

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 07, 2009, 01:03:11 PM »
allyuh boy crouch give allyuh a gift
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 07, 2009, 01:03:35 PM »
Babel is a shit snake..Needs to go this summer

I ent ready to give up on him yet... but he didn't show me anything today.  Not sure what shape Rafa was playing today.

Good answer by Liverpool to draw level though.

1]; } ?>