March 29, 2024, 05:07:27 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460198 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #240 on: February 07, 2009, 01:10:36 PM »
*sigh*

poor defending.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »
 ;D :devil: :rotfl: :beermug:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2009, 01:16:23 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2009, 01:18:19 PM »
Pompey gifted this result so far to Liverpool...

atrocious defending...schoolboy stuff...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2009, 01:21:41 PM »
Another great response... but Rafa's still a c**t.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2009, 01:24:36 PM »
Big teams know how to win games....full stop.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2009, 01:24:42 PM »

Gifted nothing... had Babel delivered on the sitter we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Torres with the winner.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2009, 01:24:57 PM »
blasted torres
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2009, 01:25:35 PM »
not a fan of d EPL but what ah f----ing game

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2009, 01:26:59 PM »

Yuh boy Benayoun again doh...

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2009, 01:27:53 PM »

Well said.  But Babel is still a shithong...We need more quality and depth

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
Ah really feel Torres is the best pure striker in Europe.  De man is poison.  Ah corbeau sweat and he still do it.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2009, 01:29:58 PM »

Gifted nothing... had Babel delivered on the sitter we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Torres with the winner.

Besides the point- the first two goals were gifts...period

that's how yuh dig out wins on the road though- pick yuh spots & take yuh chances however they come.

glad for the L'pool win- keeps the league interesting- feel it for Adams though.

Yuh boy Benayoun again doh...

You will some day become a believer  ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2009, 01:33:08 PM »
can we all just agree once and for all that peter crouch is the very definition of a shitong?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2009, 01:36:54 PM »
You will some day become a believer  ;D

It take more than two sprinkle ah water on mih forrid tuh convert me and make mih ah believer... I need ah Pentecostal full body immersion  ;D

He seems to be responding to the added playing time though... not automatic, but it shows what confidence in a player from the manager can do for his performance.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2009, 01:41:25 PM »
Ah really feel Torres is the best pure striker in Europe.  De man is poison.  Ah corbeau sweat and he still do it.

Like dat player. But he is only the 2nd best striker from Spain.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2009, 01:47:05 PM »
Phew! :beermug:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2009, 01:56:05 PM »

Torres over Villa for me...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2009, 02:04:13 PM »

yeah but he deserve better than liverpool though

dat aside, u have to give rafa credit for getting him. liverpool needed a striker for the longest while.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 02:06:25 PM by sammy »
(Muslim)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #259 on: February 07, 2009, 02:06:15 PM »
Portsmouth 2 - Liverpool 3

Dramatic finale as Reds pinch points

Fernando Torres came off the bench to score an injury-time winner as Liverpool won 3-2 at Portsmouth to send them top of the Premier League.

Torres only came on with 15 minutes to go and by that time his side were chasing victory after David Nugent's opener (62) had been cancelled out by Fabio Aurelio (69).

Hermann Hreidarsson then headed Pompey back into the lead with just 12 minutes remaining, after latching onto a dangerous free-kick into the box.

The Spain striker then set up Dirk Kuyt (85) before heading home in stoppage-time.

It proved to be a masterstroke for Rafael Benitez to leave Torres on the bench - but it was the closest of calls.

Torres was tired towards the end of the midweek FA Cup defeat to Everton and has international duty this week when Spain face England - but he was still fit enough to be among the substitutes at Fratton Park.

His cameo has put the psychological pressure on Manchester United as Liverpool overtake Sir Alex Ferguson's men at the summit before their match at West Ham this weekend.

The spotlight was inevitably on Benitez for his brave move.

He offloaded Robbie Keane back to Tottenham, then saw talisman Steven Gerrard injured with a hamstring strain - so resting a matchwinner like Torres for 75 minutes was a huge gamble.

Keane would have been almost certain to have played against Pompey if he was still at the club, but instead French youngster David Ngog endured a miserable first league start.

Torres was not the only change, with Benitez radically altering his team and leaving the likes of Albert Riera, Xabi Alonso and Kuyt on the bench.

He also started with three centre-backs and at first the formation looked shaky when Nugent and Peter Crouch got a couple of shots away.

But Pompey were still struggling for confidence as they looked to end a run of failing to win a league game since November - and even a second string Liverpool were bound to create chances.

Pompey goalkeeper David James, equalling Gary Speed's Premier League record of 535 appearances, was left stranded when Liverpool put their first purposeful move together.

Alvaro Arbeloa's cross from the right found Yossi Benayoun unmarked in the penalty area but his finish went into the side-netting after James had slipped.

James would have had no chance either when Aurelio's free-kick curled just wide of the upright. The Brazilian was off target again in the 17th minute when Ngog's cross found its way behind the Pompey defence.

Javier Mascherano is not known for his goalscoring but he had James at full stretch when he was given room 30 yards from goal, with the Pompey stopper diverting the effort for a corner.

Ngog's evening came to an end before the hour mark, with Kuyt brought on for the visitors - and it nearly brought an instant reward.

Benayoun breezed past Hreidarsson and Sylvain Distin before laying the ball off to Kuyt. The substitute crossed to leave an open goal for Ryan Babel from three yards out - but the winger somehow managed to nutmeg himself as he finished.

Nugent made Liverpool pay with his 62nd-minute opener. Crouch had held the ball up before playing a reverse ball to his strike partner, who slotted his finish calmly past Reina.

It was a sweet strike for the Evertonian, who taunted Liverpool fans in the first half about their FA Cup defeat this week.

Liverpool's way back into the match came after an awful backpass from Crouch.

James had to handle to stop Kuyt from finishing, with Webb alert to the offence. Alonso, on as a substitute, tapped the ball for Aurelio to smash into the bottom corner.

Kuyt had the ball in the net but was harshly given offside after racing onto Aurelio's throughball.

Torres came on for the last quarter of an hour for Babel, but Pompey were ahead again with 12 minutes remaining.

Nadir Belhadj swung over a free-kick after Glen Johnson was fouled, with Hreidarsson losing his marker and heading past a wrongfooted Reina.

Kuyt levelled in the 85th minute after Torres crossed from the right and the Dutchman finished into James' near post.

Then came the final twist, with Torres' powerful header from Benayoun's cross finding a way past James.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #260 on: February 07, 2009, 02:15:24 PM »
I liked the fight we actually put up today after going behind.
Was nice to see we changed our formation due to inury/susepnsions therefore I wasn't totally shocked by the team selection either.
Also even though we conceded 2 sloppy goals, the 3 centreback formation still looked solid.
Instead of using the 3-4-2-1, we coulda played with Benayoun behind Babel and Eggnog instead.

This game showed that Dossena is an absolute shithound when attacking, look how much time and space he had today..steups..is best El Zhar did get a start today.
Eggnog is a work in progress, so i will give him 1 more seson to get up to scratch.
Babel on the other hand has to decide whether he want to be a winger or a forward cause he does the wrong things at the wrong time.

Come on West Ham!!
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 07, 2009, 09:26:41 PM »

Torres over Villa for me...

Yeah..everyone different. Torres is class, but Villa is a far more prolific striker in la Liga than Torres ever was and he is a better striker than Torres in the Spanish national team....hands down. And I not just talking goals scored. I rate El Nino, but he looks better in a Liverpool shirt than he does for Spain or when he was at Atletico Madrid. You could argue he is improving, but even during  and after his first wonder season with Liverpool, Villa would look a different class from him in the Spanish national team. Since Villa has never played in the EPL, I'd have to say, from a club football point of view, Torres has more proven versatility, and his physique suggests he'd be better as a lone striker than Villa would be..but on the two levels where you can compare like for like (La Liga and the Spanish National team), David Villa is visibly better...or at the very least...far more prolific, which is what I assumed you meant by 'pure' striker..aka..natural goalscorer
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 09:29:47 PM by Filho »

giggsy11

« Reply #262 on: February 07, 2009, 09:36:05 PM »

Eto.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 07, 2009, 10:59:41 PM »
I liked the fight we actually put up today after going behind.
Was nice to see we changed our formation due to inury/susepnsions therefore I wasn't totally shocked by the team selection either.
Also even though we conceded 2 sloppy goals, the 3 centreback formation still looked solid.
Instead of using the 3-4-2-1, we coulda played with Benayoun behind Babel and Eggnog instead.

This game showed that Dossena is an absolute shithound when attacking, look how much time and space he had today..steups..is best El Zhar did get a start today.
Eggnog is a work in progress, so i will give him 1 more seson to get up to scratch.
Babel on the other hand has to decide whether he want to be a winger or a forward cause he does the wrong things at the wrong time.

Come on West Ham!!

Rafa find a way to accommodate his three center backs, who have all made their claim to start.  Agger is obviously the best on the ball.  He has a great touch and nice passing range and vision for a center back.  We need to keep him, cause Milan will come hunting in the summer.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 07, 2009, 11:05:43 PM »
fernando really earn he money last 2 games.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 07, 2009, 11:51:02 PM »

Imagine if we had him available all season... chances are he would have made a difference in one of those 7 1-point matches.

Rafa is stilll ah c**t.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2009, 12:01:38 AM »
Rafa is stilll ah c**t.

Yuh knoe ah goe have tuh agree with yuh Bakes...we coulda be at least 8 pts ahead of Manure by now if Keane was gettin play
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 08, 2009, 12:02:14 AM »

Imagine if we had him available all season... chances are he would have made a difference in one of those 7 1-point matches.

Rafa is stilll ah c**t.
is this mutiny?
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2009, 01:10:29 AM »

Yuh knoe ah goe have tuh agree with yuh Bakes...we coulda be at least 8 pts ahead of Manure by now if Keane was gettin play

is this mutiny?

If allyuh notice dred, I doh really get into criticizing coaches and thing like dat.  There's a reason why dem men and dem coaching and I posting on ah messageboard.  That said, I find that man does manage in a real baffling way then.  You think if was some other manager man like Riise would be in Rome now?  I find he real hamstring Pennant while he was with the club... he stifle Babel's development, insist on playing mediocre men like Alonso and de Brazilian in name only, Aurelio. 

And den de topper was his mishandling of Keane!  I mean I understand that he wasn't behind de signing... but Robbie Keane is ah big player, there's no way you can't find room for that man on yuh team.  His is the type of veteran leadership that would have complemented Gerrard perfectly in the locker room... unless there was stuff going on behind the scenes that we not privy to, I doh understand why he couldn't make that work.  I real embarrass for how Keane get treated, no lie.  That leave ah real sour taste in my mouth where he concerned.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2009, 09:37:06 AM »
Looks like the Liverpool top brass has thrown down the gauntlet to Rafa.

http://blogs.soccernet.com/paperround/archives/2009/02/rafa_must_win_title_or_go.php

Rafa must win title or go
Posted by Dom Raynor 3 hours, 53 minutes ago
Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has been told he needs to win the Premier League title to save his job by club co-owner George Gillett, according to the Sunday Express.

On a rare visit to Merseyside Gillett let it be known that he blamed Rafa's rant against Sir Alex Ferguson for Liverpool's slump in form and has demanded that the Spaniard rectify the situation.

Gillett, who refuses to bow to Benitez’s demands for complete control over transfer policy before agreeing to a new four-year contract, also believes that the Liverpool boss likes to be constantly linked with other big jobs.

Meanwhile, one of the Premier League's top referees has revealed that some of the game's top stars ask to get booked so they can skive off games and go on holiday, report The News of the World.

The astonishing betrayal of fans by prima donna players was exposed by top Premier League ref Steve Bennett. The league's bosses have now launched a probe into the claims and said: "We will be asking Bennett for an explanation."

Former Tottenham Hotspur manager Juande Ramos has told The People that he warned chairman Daniel Levy that selling Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov was "too risky".

Spurs cashed in on their prized assets last summer, selling Keane to Liverpool and Berbatov to Man United but have since re-signed Keane, along with Jermain Defoe and Pascal Chimbonda.

Ramos said: "It was too risky but they paid no attention to me and things turned out badly. That is where my problems at Spurs started."

The Keane debacle is also the focus of the Sunday Telegraph, who claim the Republic of Ireland striker will retain his "pride" with a dignified silence on his thoughts about Benitez and his rough ride at Liverpool.

Keane, who returned to Tottenham on the final day of the transfer window following six unhappy months on Merseyside, said: "I'm one of those respectful persons - and I'm not getting into a slagging match."

England manager Fabio Capello has handed on-loan AC Milan midfielder David Beckham the chance to equal Bobby Moore's 108 cap record if selected to play in the friendly against Spain in Seville on 11 February, report The Observer.

Also in the England squad is Everton defender Phil Jagielka, who expertly marked Fernando Torres during his side's victory against Liverpool. However perhaps the most shocking inclusion is that of the West Ham forward Carlton Cole, who has fired in front of goal recently, scoring six times in the past seven games.

The Sunday Mirror report that Luiz Felipe Scolari's love affair with the Chelsea fans is well and truly over after they turned on him following the Blues 0-0 draw with Hull City at Stamford Bridge.

The Brazilian boss was jeered with chants of "you don't know what you're doing".

And finally, the News of the World claim that a trio of Arsenal stars will quit the Emirates if Arsene Wenger's side miss out on Champions League football.

Robin van Persie, Emmanuel Adebayor and Cesc Fabregas are all increasingly concerned at Arsenal's lack of silverware and ambition - and the final straw will come if they finish outside the top four.

Comments

Posted by Ashim Sachdev 4 hours, 2 minutes ago

Sod George Gillet. there's one man to do this job and it is Rafa. Instead of doing so much of the talking, George Gillet and Tom Hicks should sell up. It's time for them to leave and be left out for good.

Posted by dandyxon 3 hours, 48 minutes ago

Man Utd have the greatest style of football. United will win both the Premier League title, Champions League, FA Cup & Carling Cup as well. We have a very good and understanding manager who knows how to tackle the team with goos results.

Posted by Zola 3 hours, 36 minutes ago

Fire Rafa now, he has been horrible this year and needs to go. Sorry, but draws won't win you the title.

Posted by Stasi Prandalos 3 hours, 23 minutes ago

The Liverpool Amercian shareholders have created a mess, their troubles & pending financial problems have no doubt affected Rafa Benitez- it will become increasingly difficult for him to compartmentalize these issues and manage the team with all his energy, passion and commitment and then have at the same time have to deal with the confusion they are bringing on - his outbourst on Sir Alex Ferguson is a clear sign of the stress building up within him as he is now so close to winning the Permier League and having to deal with the American Shareholders problems, their rivalry.Liverpool need total stability & consistency at Shareholder/Board level with this they will win the Premier League.

Posted by shayan 3 hours, 19 minutes ago

guess we are going to say bye bye to rafa then. Lol

Posted by Wyn Sutuntivorakoon 3 hours, 18 minutes ago

gotta feel sorry for Arsenal. All their top stars left and they're forced to play most of their youth players. If Robin Van Persie, Fabregas, and Adebayor leave Arsenal have no way in being in Champions League football unless they buy some real quality players during the summer transfer window.

Posted by E M Muga 3 hours, 2 minutes ago

Benitez can't win the title! The way he played against Pompey.......if he play the same to Arsenal or Man United or Aston Villa.......he will be beaten by no less than 4 goals....

Posted by Togarmah Neslon 2 hours, 54 minutes ago

I believe that Arsenal will lift a silverware again. it May not be this year but next season defiantly. Arsen need to star buying STAR players if he wants to win a championship next season.

Posted by MattyP 2 hours, 43 minutes ago

Rafa has spent alot of money and fair enough if he doesn't win it this year he should go, You can win titles in spain and you can win the champions league but the premier league is the hardest league of them all. He has had five years of spending and building the rafalution this year all or nothing.

Posted by Amir Ezwan 2 hours, 21 minutes ago

No doubt Man Utd will win all the major trophies this year.

Posted by Torres09 2 hours, 17 minutes ago

Ashim Sachdev, I agree, if they don't sell soon they will have the fans to answer to. Zola, you must have been smoking something illegal my friend. Rafa's is the best thing to hit Liverpool since the 80's but I bet you are not a fan.

Posted by Aditya 1 hour, 50 minutes ago

@Matty

Mate, he has still spent less than Chelsea and Manchester United in terms of NET AMOUNT spent. Arsenal is the only team which has made a profit, but look where they are right now. Chelsea, for all the money spent, is in 4th place! We're challenging for top spot having spent around a net amount of 8 million pounds now that we've sold Keane. The only addition has been Riera as Dossena hasn't been a regular. If he reploughs that 16 million pounds for next season, imagine how much we'll benefit.

And finally, THIS STORY IS TOSH because Guilleme Ballague, one of the most reputed Spanish journalists has claimed that Rafa is close to signing a new deal and this was agreed to by BOTH OWNERS.

Posted by Lex 1 hour, 48 minutes ago

Arsenal stars to quit if they miss out on Champions league football? Aren't they the players who are supposed to carry us into the Champions league? Just know that if you quit Arsenal then that is the beginning of the end for your career.

Posted by MyTeam 1 hour, 21 minutes ago

If all club owners have the same attitude as George Gillett, there will be only one manager left in the premier league come May 2009. Congratulations Sir Alex.

Posted by Dave 1 hour, 20 minutes ago

seems like a silly threat, especially if Hicks is on Rafa's side. i mean, if that's the case, and the two seem to be at odds on almost everything to do with the club, the threat of sacking him is moot.

Posted by Joseph 1 hour, 18 minutes ago

Yankee boss to Rafa: "Win title or you go"

Liverpool fans to Yankees: "Go, and Rafa will win the title.."

Posted by jagjit 1 hour, 3 minutes ago

Chelsea should start getting a new manager immeadiately as Luiz is no way going to get them anywhere

1]; } ?>