March 28, 2024, 02:22:09 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 459984 times)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #270 on: February 08, 2009, 10:00:20 AM »

Yuh knoe ah goe have tuh agree with yuh Bakes...we coulda be at least 8 pts ahead of Manure by now if Keane was gettin play

is this mutiny?

If allyuh notice dred, I doh really get into criticizing coaches and thing like dat.  There's a reason why dem men and dem coaching and I posting on ah messageboard.  That said, I find that man does manage in a real baffling way then.  You think if was some other manager man like Riise would be in Rome now?  I find he real hamstring Pennant while he was with the club... he stifle Babel's development, insist on playing mediocre men like Alonso and de Brazilian in name only, Aurelio. 

And den de topper was his mishandling of Keane!  I mean I understand that he wasn't behind de signing... but Robbie Keane is ah big player, there's no way you can't find room for that man on yuh team.  His is the type of veteran leadership that would have complemented Gerrard perfectly in the locker room... unless there was stuff going on behind the scenes that we not privy to, I doh understand why he couldn't make that work.  I real embarrass for how Keane get treated, no lie.  That leave ah real sour taste in my mouth where he concerned.

If 'pool wins the league this year it will be by luck/fate, because Rafa really is a goat! I wonder if this will matter to 'pool fans though... I suspect all will be forgiven.
BTW, Alonso, Benayoun and Babel are absolutely necessary for Liverpool's title challenge, and all have been mis-handled by the fat...Spanish...waiter.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #271 on: February 19, 2009, 02:51:31 PM »
Gerrard set for early Reds return

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard could make a surprise return from his hamstring injury against Manchester City on Sunday.

The England midfielder suffered the tear in the Merseyside derby on February 4 and was initially expected to be out for three weeks - with the Champions League clash with Real Madrid thought to be his most likely target.

Now Reds manager Rafael Benitez, whose side rely on Gerrard's surging runs and goals from behind the striker, has opened the door for a potential return from the bench at the weekend.

The Spaniard said Gerrard had reacted well to treatment and was eager to get back on the pitch as soon as possible.

"He is improving. In these situations each day is important. He is working with the medical staff and is progressing.

"Normally he is a player who recovers quickly. He needs less time than other players," Benitez told the club's official website.

"I was surprised because the Spanish press said he'd play some minutes this weekend and then play against Real Madrid, but the truth is we don't know yet.

"Maybe he could be on the bench against City but we don't know.

"He wants to play every single game. He knows the game against City will be very important, and also the Real Madrid one too."

Rafa please take it easy with Stevie G nah
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #272 on: February 19, 2009, 02:55:19 PM »
Desperate Dan in Reds demand

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger claims he could walk out on the club if he remains on the fringes of the first-team at Anfield.

Agger has found himself down the pecking order under Rafael Benitez, with Jamie Carragher and Martin Skrtel the manager's preferred partnership in the heart of defence.

The 24-year-old Denmark international, who has failed to agree terms on a contract extension with the club, was linked with a move to AC Milan during last month's transfer window but that deal failed to materialise.

Hopes that Agger will commit his future to Liverpool are fast fading, and it has been reported he will try to buy out the rest of his contract in the summer.

"Let me be honest and admit that, if I don't play, then it's untenable and it can't go on like that," Agger told Sporten.dk.

"It's never nice for a footballer to not play regularly. That is something I will not hide. But my situation at the club is that he [Benitez] doesn't want to let me play.

"So far I have opted to stay and wait for my chance and to fight for my place.

"I feel I am good enough. Therefore, it irritates me when I don't play. I am waiting for the chance to play a number of matches and to show that I am good enough."

Come on Liverpool Board..give de man a new contract.
Rafa..play de blasted man cause he is one of the best ball playing centre backs in de League.
Feliz

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 19, 2009, 03:06:15 PM »
Desperate Dan in Reds demand

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger claims he could walk out on the club if he remains on the fringes of the first-team at Anfield.

Agger has found himself down the pecking order under Rafael Benitez, with Jamie Carragher and Martin Skrtel the manager's preferred partnership in the heart of defence.

The 24-year-old Denmark international, who has failed to agree terms on a contract extension with the club, was linked with a move to AC Milan during last month's transfer window but that deal failed to materialise.

Hopes that Agger will commit his future to Liverpool are fast fading, and it has been reported he will try to buy out the rest of his contract in the summer.

"Let me be honest and admit that, if I don't play, then it's untenable and it can't go on like that," Agger told Sporten.dk.

"It's never nice for a footballer to not play regularly. That is something I will not hide. But my situation at the club is that he [Benitez] doesn't want to let me play.

"So far I have opted to stay and wait for my chance and to fight for my place.

"I feel I am good enough. Therefore, it irritates me when I don't play. I am waiting for the chance to play a number of matches and to show that I am good enough."

Come on Liverpool Board..give de man a new contract.
Rafa..play de blasted man cause he is one of the best ball playing centre backs in de League.

Agreed.  Don't know why he keeps pairing Carragher with Skrtel, cause they are essentially two of the same.  You need that mix, and I haven't seen a better passing center back that Agger in all Europe.  His touch and vision are so good for a center back.  No surprise that Milan want him badly.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 19, 2009, 04:34:40 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE7jalZbisk&feature=related

Dedicated to all the Liver fool fans.....

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 21, 2009, 03:55:34 PM »
CHECK... Your move  :heehee:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 22, 2009, 10:12:19 AM »
Absolute... f**kkin... disaster.

steups...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 22, 2009, 10:16:56 AM »

steups...

plenty football still to play.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 22, 2009, 10:22:36 AM »

steups...

plenty football still to play.

yeah, but now we have to score two.

The way this team squandered chances in the first half I knew something like this would happen.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 22, 2009, 10:41:22 AM »
1-1...game on...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 22, 2009, 10:56:50 AM »
look at sweating  :devil: :devil: :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 22, 2009, 10:57:52 AM »
UTD UTD UTD UTD  :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: 7 POINTS LEAD
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 22, 2009, 11:00:22 AM »
Kuyt on the spot... as usual.

Disappointing result... but that's what you get for not taking full advantage of your chances.  Shea Givens earned his keep today, the types of saves we forced him into puts the game in perspective... good efforts all around in the end.  Still, wasn't until after Aurelio came on in the 60th that we seemed to find our way.  City defenders benefitted from two non-calls when the ball was handled twice, once near the edge of, once in the penalty area.  Neither of them appeared deliberate though... but still, all the breaks went their way.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 22, 2009, 11:20:39 AM »
ah miss de blasted game,but what ah scoreline.news to wake up to.bakes all yuh have to look forward to is dimanche gras now. ;)
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 22, 2009, 02:35:13 PM »
ah miss de blasted game,but what ah scoreline.news to wake up to.bakes all yuh have to look forward to is dimanche gras now. ;)

I still have 'bago on Friday and 10 days in TnT... haul yuh ass  >:(

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 22, 2009, 02:37:49 PM »

yuh really need this vacation to ease yuh stress.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 22, 2009, 04:58:00 PM »

yuh really need this vacation to ease yuh stress.

Stress?

Nah man I's not allyuh... dat game behind me long time  ;)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 25, 2009, 06:54:07 AM »
Not that I trust the Daily Mail, but this story has been breaking on more reputable websites as well... :(  >:(

Goodbye Rafa? Bookies suspend betting on Liverpool boss Benítez quitting Anfield
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 12:18 PM on 25th February 2009

Rafa Benítez's future at Liverpool has been thrown into doubt after leading bookmakers suspended betting on him quitting Anfield.

Uncertainty has surrounded the Reds manager after he rejected the latest contract offer from owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett last week.

The 48-year-old wants total control of transfers but has yet to be offered that guarantee.

Benítez is under serious pressure at Anfield after slipping seven points behind leaders Manchester United in the Barclays Premier League title race.

Benítez's remarkable outburst against United boss Mr. Ferguson over the festive period hinted that the pressure of delivering Liverpool's first league title for 19 years.

And the strain appeared to be telling once again last night when the Liverpool manager spoke in the Spanish capital ahead of tonight's last 16 Champions League clash with Real Madrid.

A spokesman for William Hill said they were awaiting a statement from Liverpool before reopening the market.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1155222/Goodbye-Rafa-Bookies-suspend-betting-Liverpool-boss-Benítez-quitting-Anfield.html

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #290 on: February 25, 2009, 10:05:17 PM »
Real Madrid 0 - Liverpool 1
Real stunned by Yossi's late header

Rafa Benitez masterminded another tremendous European triumph as Liverpool confounded the odds with a 1-0 win over Real Madrid in the Bernabeu.

Whatever the Liverpool manager's future is after months of rumours, he did his cause no harm at all thanks to Yossi Benayoun's headed winner in their Champions League last-16 first-leg tie.

Benitez has coached Liverpool to remarkable performances away to Juventus, Barcelona, Arsenal, Inter Milan and Chelsea in recent seasons in the Champions League, but this was by far the most impressive.

Real have been rampant of late and unbeaten this year, but Liverpool dug deep and Benayoun headed the late winner to give his side every chance of progressing to the quarter-finals.

Despite days of intensive treatment, Steven Gerrard did not make the starting XI, the midfielder initially left on the bench.

It meant Jamie Carragher captained the side with Benayoun on the right of midfield and Dirk Kuyt pushed forward in support of Fernando Torres.

Gerrard's absence was a bad blow but confirmed how Benitez would play the first leg. Contained defence, a combative and mobile midfield and hard running were the order of the day.

In the opening exchanges there was a calmness about Liverpool in this intimidating arena, five tiers of fervent passion pouring down in support of Real.

They defended with discipline and long before the break Real were trying their luck from distance.

The Spanish champions, who had scored 10 goals in their last two games, still had their moments.

Arjen Robben's pass gave Raul the chance of a shot on the turn held by Jose Reina, while Brazilian Marcelo also tested the goalkeeper.

And it took a fine saving tackle by Carragher on Gonzalo Higuain to snuff out another dangerous moment.

But the longer the game went on, the more Liverpool seemed in control defensively.

It also saw them coming out on the break and Torres should have done better after 20 minutes as he was allowed to run onto a Reina long clearance, but Iker Casillas palmed away a shot across the face of the goal.

Casillas then got a firm block on Benayoun close-range shot as Liverpool sought to snatch something from a period of growing confidence.

Higuain thought he had scored with a close-range header, only to be rightly penalised for offside, before Marcelo and Robben, twice, tried their luck unsuccessfully from outside the box.

Real had most of the possession but it was Spanish international Xabi Alonso who almost broke the deadlock with an audacious shot from inside his own half.

The midfielder is famous for such effrontery, once scoring a similar goal at Luton, but this time Casillas had to scramble back to touch the effort over the bar.

Madrid sent on Guti for Marcelo at the break, with Fabio Cannavaro booked for a foul on Dirk Kuyt soon after the restart.

Liverpool had not allowed Real to indulge themselves with the expansive game that has swept so many aside of late. Javier Mascherano's snap and drive in midfield was the yardstick for others to follow.

Torres, kept under close control by Cannavaro, was booked for a swipe at Lassana Diarra's ankles, the game now stretched as both sides searched for the vital breakthrough.

Benitez, never one to be bothered about reputations, then replaced a disappointing Torres with Ryan Babel after 62 minutes, to predictable derision from the home fans at

the former Atletico Madrid man.

Mascherano was next into the book for a foul on Fernando Gago, Reina yet to have a serious shot to save in the half.

That was to come after 70 minutes when Reina touched over a dipping drive from Robben, Madrid starting to show more urgency as the minutes ticked away.

However, Liverpool were still comfortable and things got even better with eight minutes left.

Gabriel Heinze's foul on Kuyt gave Fabio Aurelio the opportunity to curl in a free-kick that Benayoun headed past Casillas from six yards.

Benayoun was engulfed by his jubilant team-mates and way up above them, 3,000 Liverpool fans erupted.

Albert Riera was booked, and then taken off injured, allowing Gerrard into the fray with three minutes left and Lucas replaced Kuyt in the final seconds, the game now won.

Feliz

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #291 on: February 25, 2009, 10:09:10 PM »
Well after that result against Man City,we got the business done for this leg, thats all that matters for now.

Middlesbrough next on the agenda.
Feliz

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 25, 2009, 10:09:17 PM »
that is it fuh RM,nutten fuh them this season.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 27, 2009, 05:42:32 PM »
Former Chelsea boss Mourinho on the Anfield radar if Benitez leaves Liverpool

by JOHN EDWARDS
Last updated at 9:53 AM on 27th February 2009

Jose Mourinho has been sounded out about the Liverpool manager’s post amid continuing doubts over Rafa Benitez’s Anfield future.

Sportsmail understands that the former Chelsea manager is growing increasingly disenchanted at Inter Milan and has been made aware by intermediaries — albeit unofficial — of potential interest from Liverpool, should Benitez leave.

Despite heading for the Serie A title in his first season at San Siro, Mourinho has indicated to advisers he would welcome a return to the Barclays Premier League. Taking charge of Manchester United is his main objective, and he is believed to have been earmarked as an eventual replacement for Sir Alex Ferguson, possibly at the end of next season.

Sounded out: Liverpool would consider an approach for Jose Mourinho should Rafa Benitez leave the club
Liverpool maintain a compromise can be found with Benitez but are likely to consider an approach for Mourinho should they fail to resolve their contract impasse.

The Liverpool manager tried to play down concerns over his position in the wake of Wednesday’s Champions League win at Real Madrid, and is still exploring ways of reaching an agreement.

Spanish sources have increased the uncertainty, though, by claiming he feels increasingly isolated and is beginning to question whether he still has unequivocal backing from the dressing room.

Mourinho, who figured prominently on Liverpool’s wanted list when Gerard Houllier was sacked, is clearly in the thoughts of co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett as they bid to find common ground with Benitez.

Talks between lawyers and advisers over contentious clauses in a proposed four-and-a-half-year deal resumed on Wednesday but again failed to satisfy all parties.

Endorsement: Javier Mascherano
Benitez’s leadership qualities have been given a ringing endorsement by Javier Mascherano, who described how the former Valencia coach had effectively saved his career.

Argentina’s new captain said: ‘It is hard to explain how much Rafa has done for my career and how much he means to me. When I came to Liverpool, I had no confidence left at all, because I simply had not been playing for West Ham.

‘All I can say to Rafa is thank you. He has taken me from the lowest point in my career to this. Now everything I do is not only for the team but for Rafa as well.

‘I am delighted he has said he is staying.’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1156732/Former-Chelsea-boss-Mourinho-Anfield-radar-Benitez-leaves-Liverpool.html#
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:44:54 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 28, 2009, 09:52:19 AM »
something wrong wid my reception here

it showing that Middlesbrough have a 1-0 lead ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 28, 2009, 10:25:29 AM »
make that 2-0....liverpool throw way some good chances
Back in Trini...

giggsy11

« Reply #296 on: February 28, 2009, 10:26:33 AM »
something wrong wid my reception here

it showing that Middlesbrough have a 1-0 lead ;D

Mine must be worse, because it showing dem leading 2-nil :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 28, 2009, 10:26:58 AM »
make that 2-0....liverpool throw way some good chances
they better play like that on tuesday
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 28, 2009, 10:44:52 AM »
Lawd the title over fuh dem  :devil: :devil: :devil:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile