March 28, 2024, 01:08:57 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460081 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #510 on: April 08, 2009, 02:40:31 PM »
Didn't Rafa tell Gerard the game is 90 minutes.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 08, 2009, 02:44:04 PM »
Chelsea supporters deserve to gloat... nothing really to say after a performance like that.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 08, 2009, 02:48:20 PM »
Fergie's scared of us, roars Rafa

Rafael Benitez has accused Sir Alex Ferguson of being scared of his Liverpool side and talking "too much" about other teams.

The Anfield chief, despite having the Champions League showdown with Chelsea on Wednesday as his immediate objective, could not resist another swipe at the Manchester United chief as the Premier League race reaches boiling point.

Benitez was responding to claims from Ferguson that the loser of the Liverpool-Chelsea quarter-final will then be United's biggest challenger for the title because they will only have one competition to contend with.

Benitez will have skipper Steven Gerrard fit following a minor groin problem and Sami Hyypia (knee) and Yossi Benayoun (hamstring) available for the first leg with Chelsea.

But the fierce battle with United for the domestic title is clearly Benitez's driving inspiration.

He said of Ferguson's claims: "It is not mind games, I think it maybe is that he is a little bit scared (of us)."

Liverpool took over at the top of the table on Saturday evening with a late winner by Benayoun at Fulham.

But less than 24 hours later, United produced a stunning comeback victory over Aston Villa with the decisive goal coming in the fourth minute of injury-time from 17-year-old Federico Macheda.

That grabbed the initiative back for the Old Trafford club, but Benitez has come out fighting.

He said: "I do not have a problem with United. Clearly one of us, either Chelsea or us, will end up focusing just on the Premier League after this.

"I think Sir Alex will be supporting Liverpool in this tie because he knows we are the bigger threat now.

"If we continue in the Champions League maybe he will think we are tired. If we are not in this competition then he knows that we will be a (bigger) threat in the Premier League.

"If Chelsea are not in the competition, then he knows they will then be a threat also in the league. But he will lose anyway, whoever goes out, because they will still be a big threat to United.

"You have to prepare well for every single Premier League game, it is tough (to be in the Champions League as well). So he will clearly be supporting us tomorrow and next week.

"I would like to be worried about both competitions, it means we will continue to be successful.

"We just concentrate on our team, while he likes to talk too much about other teams."

Benitez claims he was unmoved by United's late heroics against Villa, saying: "We knew there would be situations like this, with us one point ahead, or one point behind. And everyone knows five minutes (of injury time) at Old Trafford is a very long time.

"I watched the game, but once United scored their second you felt they would win the game.

"He (Ferguson) is in the driving seat now and in a better position, but there is still a long way to go and we have confidence. We are pushing them and we will push them until the end."

But before Liverpool can lock horns again with United, they must face a Chelsea side who knocked them out of this competition in the semi-finals last season.

A John Arne Riise own goal in the first-leg at Anfield ultimately put Liverpool out, Chelsea winning 4-3 on aggregate after the Stamford Bridge second game.

Benitez said: "It is not a good time for either of us to be playing the other. It is a big challenge for both teams. They have a good team with experience and a manager with experience. This game is 50-50.

"I have great respect for a massive club and a very good team. We are both playing in big competitions. We are both big teams.

"We have beaten them twice this season in the league, it will give us confidence, but this is a different competition and it will be down to just one or two mistakes.

"Keeping a clean sheet is important in the first game for both teams, I would prefer to play at Anfield second, but that is not the case so we must get on with it."

Rafa shut the f**k up..geez!!!

And as soon as Rafa open he yap, look what happen.

ˇRafa! ˇCerre tu boca!

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #513 on: April 08, 2009, 08:07:15 PM »
Fergie's scared of us, roars Rafa

Rafael Benitez has accused Sir Alex Ferguson of being scared of his Liverpool side and talking "too much" about other teams.

The Anfield chief, despite having the Champions League showdown with Chelsea on Wednesday as his immediate objective, could not resist another swipe at the Manchester United chief as the Premier League race reaches boiling point.

Benitez was responding to claims from Ferguson that the loser of the Liverpool-Chelsea quarter-final will then be United's biggest challenger for the title because they will only have one competition to contend with.

Benitez will have skipper Steven Gerrard fit following a minor groin problem and Sami Hyypia (knee) and Yossi Benayoun (hamstring) available for the first leg with Chelsea.

But the fierce battle with United for the domestic title is clearly Benitez's driving inspiration.

He said of Ferguson's claims: "It is not mind games, I think it maybe is that he is a little bit scared (of us)."

Liverpool took over at the top of the table on Saturday evening with a late winner by Benayoun at Fulham.

But less than 24 hours later, United produced a stunning comeback victory over Aston Villa with the decisive goal coming in the fourth minute of injury-time from 17-year-old Federico Macheda.

That grabbed the initiative back for the Old Trafford club, but Benitez has come out fighting.

He said: "I do not have a problem with United. Clearly one of us, either Chelsea or us, will end up focusing just on the Premier League after this.

"I think Sir Alex will be supporting Liverpool in this tie because he knows we are the bigger threat now.

"If we continue in the Champions League maybe he will think we are tired. If we are not in this competition then he knows that we will be a (bigger) threat in the Premier League.

"If Chelsea are not in the competition, then he knows they will then be a threat also in the league. But he will lose anyway, whoever goes out, because they will still be a big threat to United.

"You have to prepare well for every single Premier League game, it is tough (to be in the Champions League as well). So he will clearly be supporting us tomorrow and next week.

"I would like to be worried about both competitions, it means we will continue to be successful.

"We just concentrate on our team, while he likes to talk too much about other teams."

Benitez claims he was unmoved by United's late heroics against Villa, saying: "We knew there would be situations like this, with us one point ahead, or one point behind. And everyone knows five minutes (of injury time) at Old Trafford is a very long time.

"I watched the game, but once United scored their second you felt they would win the game.

"He (Ferguson) is in the driving seat now and in a better position, but there is still a long way to go and we have confidence. We are pushing them and we will push them until the end."

But before Liverpool can lock horns again with United, they must face a Chelsea side who knocked them out of this competition in the semi-finals last season.

A John Arne Riise own goal in the first-leg at Anfield ultimately put Liverpool out, Chelsea winning 4-3 on aggregate after the Stamford Bridge second game.

Benitez said: "It is not a good time for either of us to be playing the other. It is a big challenge for both teams. They have a good team with experience and a manager with experience. This game is 50-50.

"I have great respect for a massive club and a very good team. We are both playing in big competitions. We are both big teams.

"We have beaten them twice this season in the league, it will give us confidence, but this is a different competition and it will be down to just one or two mistakes.

"Keeping a clean sheet is important in the first game for both teams, I would prefer to play at Anfield second, but that is not the case so we must get on with it."

Rafa shut the f**k up..geez!!!

And as soon as Rafa open he yap, look what happen.

ˇRafa! ˇCerre tu boca!
boy ah get up and that was the first thing ah read..ah just let out ah big steups cause ah know we just get blight
work went like shit today, got home bout 7
wife say meh son say some ABC's by heself all of a sudden at daycare..so ah say best news ah hear whole day, hopefully Liverpool win...get bitched at for fixing dinner then marching downstairs straight in front the pc to watch the recorded game

we were good for the first half of de 1st half, Chelsea started to get chances, i ent know if we decided to sit back a little or what
we defence just looked off color real bad today
we really miss Boswinga too
Gerrard didn't make a note either, i ent think Essien had much to do with it though, more had to do with Xabi having all de ball possesion
maybe we shoulda sub Lucas earlier, bring on Benayoun, stick Kuyt up front and play Gerrard deeper..all in hindsight now though
I was hoping we coulda bring it down to 3-2 but to score 3 at Stamford ent improbable but it will be tough
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #514 on: April 08, 2009, 08:31:27 PM »
well at least Liverpool didn't get the worst beatdown of the day.

allyuh see what Desmond (Presentation College alumni) do to Ben on LOST?

That is the kind of beatdown that Presmen does put on Napsmen.

oh wait, Feliziano, ent you is ah ...... hahahahaha  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 08:37:31 PM by acb »
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 09, 2009, 04:04:21 AM »
Chelsea supporters deserve to gloat... nothing really to say after a performance like that.

Agreed  :beermug:

Stranger things have happened however:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2004/apr/08/match.championsleague1

Onwards and upwards  :beermug:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 09, 2009, 09:08:32 AM »
well at least Liverpool didn't get the worst beatdown of the day.

allyuh see what Desmond (Presentation College alumni) do to Ben on LOST?

That is the kind of beatdown that Presmen does put on Napsmen.

oh wait, Feliziano, ent you is ah ...... hahahahaha  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Well I guess that since he IS a Pres' man, it's only fitting that he would end up on any show titled "LOST," eh?  :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 09, 2009, 10:23:02 AM »
Well I guess that since he IS a Pres' man, it's only fitting that he would end up on any show titled "LOST," eh?  :devil:

It have a saying, "When yuh see a Presman walking, is cause we done run tings"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 09, 2009, 10:33:02 AM »
like men go be walking alone next week  :P
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 09, 2009, 05:07:57 PM »
aaaarrrmmmm Liverpool men, now ah doh really follow club football religiously eh, but ah take een a replay of the game against Chelsea today and let mih arske all ya ah question....

Liverpool does always play so or dey was just having one ah those days??.... ???

p.s. if ah did follow club football religiously Chelsea would be mih team.....so I was quite happy with that result.  Also, unless Chelsea freeze up at home in the return leg, Liverpool men should just say goodbye to the tournament for this year....I'm sure it was fun while it lasted.... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 09, 2009, 05:12:48 PM »
Reds hold breath over Gerrard newsby RivalsDM

add this RSS blog email print
Updated: April 9, 2009, 11:47 AM EST 271 comments Liverpool are awaiting the results of a scan that could rule Steven Gerrard out of the Champions League quarter-final second-leg at Chelsea.

Barclays Premier League
Sat., Apr. 11
Liverpool vs. Blackburn   
Chelsea vs. Bolton*   
M'brough vs. Hull City   
Portsmouth vs. West Brom   
Sunderland vs. Man Utd   
Tottenham vs. West Ham   
Wigan vs. Arsenal*   
Stoke vs. Newcastle*   
Sun., Apr. 12
Aston Villa vs. Everton   
Man City vs. Fulham*   
*Airs on FSC or Watch on demand
VIDEO: Highlights of every game. 
     Premier League Fantasy Challenge

Gerrard had the scan on his troublesome groin problem on Thursday afternoon, and the club may not have the results until Friday morning.

The 29-year-old arrived at the club's Melwood training complex on Thursday for fitness tests which were reviewed by Liverpool's medical team before it was decided he needed a scan.

The England midfielder struggled with the injury during Wednesday's 3-1 first-leg defeat by Chelsea, when he was man-marked by Michael Essien.

Gerrard was sidelined in February with a hamstring injury sustained in the FA Cup trilogy with Everton, and he has also suffered previous groin problems this term.

Before the Chelsea defeat there had been fears Gerrard was still struggling from the ankle injury that forced his precautionary exit from Saturday's win at Fulham.

But Gerrard trained with the squad on Monday and Tuesday, and was passed fit to play.

But now Liverpool are bracing themselves for Gerrard missing Saturday's home Premier League game with Blackburn as well as the quarter-final second leg at Stamford Bridge next Tuesday.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez was concerned about his captain's fitness after the Blues match.

Premier League on FSC
 Sat., Apr. 11, 10:00 a.m. (LIVE) -
   Chelsea vs. Bolton
 Sat., Apr. 11, 12:30 p.m. (LIVE) -
   Stoke City vs. Newcastle
 Sun., Apr. 12, 12:00 a.m. -
   Wigan vs. Arsenal
 Sun., Apr. 12, 11:00 a.m. (LIVE) -
   Manchester City vs. Fulham
 All times ET, subject to change. Full Schedule >
He said after the game: "Steven was not 100%, you could see that. It was the same for Fernando Torres, you could see that they were a little tired, not as sharp as before.

"But they have been playing well and we felt it was okay to use them both in this game. We need them.

"But credit to Chelsea, they were always controlling Steven and making it difficult for him to play.

"He was not as mobile as normally, Chelsea made it very difficult for him.

"But the difference in this match was that Chelsea played really well and we didn't.

"The injury he had on Saturday was not the problem, his ankle was okay."
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 09, 2009, 05:13:43 PM »
some more bad news fuh allyuh.doh b vex with me eh,i is just de messenger. ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #522 on: April 10, 2009, 07:38:12 AM »
aaaarrrmmmm Liverpool men, now ah doh really follow club football religiously eh, but ah take een a replay of the game against Chelsea today and let mih arske all ya ah question....

Liverpool does always play so or dey was just having one ah those days??.... ???

p.s. if ah did follow club football religiously Chelsea would be mih team.....so I was quite happy with that result.  Also, unless Chelsea freeze up at home in the return leg, Liverpool men should just say goodbye to the tournament for this year....I'm sure it was fun while it lasted.... :devil: ;D
Babe that was a real bad off day
Chelsea do the same thing we do against Man U..take their chances cause of major defensive mistakes
Feliz

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 11, 2009, 07:32:49 AM »
What a goal by Agger.  Has scored those before.  Great striker of the ball.  Always looking to get into the attacking third and have a go.  I like to see that from a center back.  Does play a bit casual, and maybe that's why Rafa prefers the Carragher-Skrtel combo.  Agger is a better pass than both of them, and I believe you need a combination of a good hard-nosed tackler and a creative center back in the line-up.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 11, 2009, 09:25:33 AM »
good bounce back Liverpool
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: April 11, 2009, 10:28:28 AM »
What a goal by Agger.  Has scored those before.  Great striker of the ball.  Always looking to get into the attacking third and have a go.  I like to see that from a center back.  Does play a bit casual, and maybe that's why Rafa prefers the Carragher-Skrtel combo.  Agger is a better pass than both of them, and I believe you need a combination of a good hard-nosed tackler and a creative center back in the line-up.

Carragher is the rock back there... there's no keeping him out of the line up if I have any say.  You also have to give Skrtel his due... de man have ah hard-nosed quality that you absolutely need in English football.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 11, 2009, 10:35:08 AM »

Babe that was a real bad off day
Chelsea do the same thing we do against Man U..take their chances cause of major defensive mistakes

No way that was a bad day. You all were flying from the start, scored in what - the 6th minute? But then Chelsea got up and kicked y'all in the mouth and changed the whole game. A bad game is when you do nothing right like score a goal early and then have many chances.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #527 on: April 15, 2009, 07:28:34 AM »
Liverpool out after Bridge cracker

Chelsea denied Liverpool another sensational European comeback to reach the Champions League semi-finals after a 4-4 draw at Stamford Bridge.

Liverpool, trailing 3-1 from the first leg at Anfield, stunned the Blues with two first-half goals from Fabio Aurelio and Xabi Alonso, who scored a penalty.

Chelsea's defensive frailties, exposed so clinically by Bolton in the Premier League at the weekend, looked like costing them a place in the last four as Liverpool, without their talismanic midfielder Steven Gerrard, threatened to pull off another miracle.

But the Blues looked home and dry after producing a sensational comeback of their own - scoring three times in the second half to lead 6-3 on aggregate at one stage.

Yet this incredible contest took another twist when Liverpool scored twice in as many minutes through Lucas and Dirk Kuyt to leave them just one goal adrift of an incredible victory.

However, Frank Lampard's second of the night in the 89th minute secured a 4-4 draw on the night and a 7-5 Chelsea win on aggregate.

The home side had been outplayed in the opening 45 minutes and had barely threatened to get on the scoresheet despite coach Guus Hiddink's pre-match assertion that Chelsea would go for more goals.

They had to wait until six minutes after the break for the goal which eased the growing pressure on their ambitions of reaching the final in Rome.

Didier Drogba's effort was deflected into the back of the net by Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina, and a stunning 25-yard free-kick from Brazilian defender Alex then looked to have eased any remaining worries.

When Frank Lampard added a third in the 76th minute the tie seemed to be effectively all over, but Liverpool had other ideas.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez had always maintained that the first goal would be the most important but when Kuyt collected a pass from Yossi Benayoun and fired over in the 13th minute, he could have been forgiven for thinking that perhaps the task ahead was indeed far too great.

But six minutes later Liverpool were in dreamland when they punished Lampard's push on Kuyt in spectacular fashion.

With everyone expecting the free-kick from the right of goal to be pumped high into the centre of the penalty area, Aurelio stunned everyone, including the flat-footed Petr Cech, by firing his 30-yard effort straight into the bottom near corner of the net.

Referee Luis Cantalejo then rightly awarded Liverpool a penalty when Chelsea's first-leg goal hero Branislav Ivanovic clearly held back Alonso.

The Liverpool midfielder stepped up to beat Cech and suddenly the impossible seemed possible.

Chelsea had Cech to thank for keeping them on level terms on aggregate when he tipped away a header from Kuyt in the final minute of the opening half.

Hiddink's side needed a goal to take the sting out of Liverpool's motivation and it arrived somewhat fortunately in the 51st minute.

Nicolas Anelka, a 35th-minute replacement for the poor Salomon Kalou, crossed low from the right and Drogba got a touch on the ball, with Reina only able to turn it over the line.

Chelsea made it 2-2 on the night when Jamie Carragher's foul on Drogba was punished by a fierce 25-yard free-kick by Alex.

With 14 minutes remaining Liverpool's dreams looked finished when Drogba crossed for Lampard to apply the finish.

But a long-range effort from Lucas was deflected off Michael Essien and beyond Cech in the 81st minute and, somewhat astonishingly, Kuyt put Liverpool 4-3 ahead on the night with a six-yard header two minutes later.

But with Liverpool needing one more goal for a glorious victory in this emotional week on Merseyside, 20 years on from the Hillsborough disaster, Lampard ended a stunning contest with his second of the night in the last minute.

Chelsea will face Barcelona in the last four but only after Liverpool had pushed them all the way in a pulsating contest that was a marvellous showcase for English and European football.

Benitez must have wished that Gerrard had been fit enough to play as his contribution may well have been the telling one, on a night when the Reds almost managed to achieve the unthinkable.

Feliz

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #528 on: April 15, 2009, 07:31:37 AM »
Fans remember Hillsborough dead

Thousands of people are to gather on Merseyside to remember the 96 Liverpool football fans killed in the Hillsborough disaster 20 years ago.

The supporters were crushed to death on 15 April 1989 during Liverpool's FA Cup semi-final tie with Nottingham Forest at the stadium in Sheffield.

Victims' families, survivors and players past and present will gather at Anfield for a remembrance service.

During the event candles will be lit for each of the victims of the tragedy.

Kenny Dalglish, Liverpool's manager at the time, will give a reading and relatives of the victims will be given the freedom of the city by civic leaders.

A spokesman for the club said: "We rely upon the eternal flame of the Hillsborough Memorial to burn some light into the darkest night."

The build-up to this anniversary has brought back some really bad memories

The service will begin at 1445 BST and a two-minute silence will be held at 1506 BST, the exact time the game was abandoned two decades ago.

The same silent memorial will also be observed in the city centres of Liverpool, Sheffield and Nottingham.

Liverpool Football Club said it will open the lower tier of the Centenary Stand to accommodate the huge number of fans wishing to attend.

At the same event on the 10th anniversary, 10,000 fans turned out but many more are expected for Wednesday's service.

On the day of the tragedy, Liverpool supporters were in the Leppings Lane end of the ground.

Liverpool fan Trevor Hicks attended the game with this family. His two daughters Sarah and Victoria were killed in the crush.

Since their tragic deaths he has campaigned for justice and is the chairman of the Hillsborough Family Support Group.

He said: "We're sick of it, we wish it had never happened. Similarly, we're sick of all the backsliding, we're sick of all the lying and cheating, the unfulfilled promises from politicians, from organisations.

"And really we have no option but to keep on doing what we're doing, because quite frankly a lot of people don't listen to us."

Liverpool fan Damian Kavanagh managed to escape the crush in the stadium.

He said: "I started crawling over the heads of the people in front of us and as I was crawling over one man said, 'there's people dying here', but I already knew that and the policeman grabbed hold of me.

"I wriggled past and he threw me on to the shingle track around the pitch and I was out.

"It was just like a relief and you could see the sunshine again."

South Yorkshire Police, which oversaw the event, opened a large exit gate which forced too many Liverpool fans on to the terrace, leaving the fans inside trapped between people entering the ground and the metal fences at the front of the stand.

The families of the victims have kept up a campaign to have the events which led to the deaths fully investigated, despite previous inquiries.

They were supported by former striker Ian Rush, who was in the Liverpool team at Hillsborough.

He said: "I will be at Anfield to pay my respects to the 96 Liverpool fans who went to support their team and never came home, and I will also be there to show my support for the families and survivors of this terrible tragedy.

"The build-up to this anniversary has brought back some really bad memories which have made my conviction even stronger that the fight for justice must go on.

"The families deserve justice and I hope that one day they will finally get it."

Tom Williams, an auxiliary bishop of Liverpool, will be taking part in the service.

'Mile of scarves'

He recalled the evening after the tragedy happened saying: "People were trying to just come to terms with what was happening and I remember that two young children turned up, dressed in an Everton kit, and the other in a Liverpool kit.

"The mile of scarves, all the small little things people left. It was family and I think Liverpool became a bigger family that time."

Meanwhile David Moyes, the boss of city rivals Everton, said: "Hillsborough has had a great impact on me since I arrived on Merseyside as Everton manager seven years ago, as it did when it happened and I was still a player.

"For all the rivalry we have got between each other, blue and red in this city, it is only a game we play and you go to matches wearing your colours.

"I remember doing that with my dad as a young boy, a lot of parents take their children to games.

"But that time they did not come home, and that is something that should never have been allowed to happen. Let's just hope that it never does again."
Feliz

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 21, 2009, 03:13:14 PM »
Alright, so unless Portsmouth beat Man Utd tomorrow, is the title race over?  :-\

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 21, 2009, 03:34:19 PM »
Yes.

It was over anyway. Like I tell allyuh already
Ferdinand + Vidic + van der Sar = Clean Sheet

And I is a scumchester hater long time.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 21, 2009, 03:56:27 PM »
Alright, so unless Portsmouth beat Man Utd tomorrow, is the title race over?  :-\

nope... but the champagne will be put on ice if we win

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 21, 2009, 04:22:02 PM »
Liverpuddle fans hiding or what. When Man United playing yuh does cyah find they supporter, same thing with Liverpuddle.

What's going on?

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 21, 2009, 04:57:13 PM »
Liverpuddle fans hiding or what. When Man United playing yuh does cyah find they supporter, same thing with Liverpuddle.

What's going on?

men doh post during the game,  post game comments from the managers, and the replay finish on Sky.
Too much emotion and pressure to concentrate on posting.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 21, 2009, 08:19:46 PM »

What's going on?

If I didn't already know you tuh be a A-Class shit talker I might actually take offense to that.  The fact that there hasn't been much chatter even after the match should tell you that most men just miss it.  Besides, salvaging a tie against Arsenal is hardly anything fuh man to run and 'hide' about.

...anyways, good thing I miss dis because I mighta break something.  Our defense in absolute shambles right now.  That aside, I still cyah understand how Arbeloa keep making first team.

Reina need to sort heself out too... his quality has been down the last 2-3 matches.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 21, 2009, 08:53:41 PM »
Reina need to sort heself out too... his quality has been down the last 2-3 matches.

touche, touche.

check Cech.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 22, 2009, 02:48:57 PM »

:devil:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #537 on: April 23, 2009, 07:54:01 PM »
Liverpool:4 vs Arsenal:4
Eight-goal draw little use to Reds

Four goals from Andrey Arshavin put a huge dent in Liverpool's Premier League title hopes as Arsenal drew 4-4 at Anfield on Tuesday night,

The hosts went ahead of Manchester United on goal difference having come from behind three times, starting with Arshavin's first in the 36th minute.

Fernando Torres and Yossi Benayoun scored soon after the interval but three further goals from the Russian Gunner piled the pressure back on Rafael Benitez's side and even a second from Torres and an injury-time equaliser from Benayoun were not enough to force victory.

The result hands a huge advantage to United, who have two matches in hand with the first on Wednesday at home to Portsmouth.

Liverpool were architects of their own downfall as the first three Arsenal goals came from mistakes.

It was almost a carbon copy of their Champions League exit against Chelsea a week ago when a 4-4 draw at Stamford Bridge saw them miss out on the semi-finals.

It was also not the first time Arsenal had done serious damage to a Liverpool title challenge, it being 20 years since Michael Thomas scored on this ground with the last kick of the season to deny the Reds the championship.

Torres and Albert Riera should have done better with their early efforts to test the fragile confidence of Lucasz Fabianski but both fired straight at the goalkeeper.

Javier Mascherano fired wide after 15 minutes as Arsenal were content to soak up what Liverpool had to offer and swiftly counter-attack when the chance arose.

Those occasions were few and far between and Fabianski, who had looked shaky on a couple of occasions, had to be at his best to tip over Torres' shot from the right angle of the penalty area.

Referee Howard Webb waved away Liverpool appeals in the 26th minute when Mikael Silvestre appeared to catch Dirk Kuyt on the edge of the area.

Arsenal's first chance came when they broke quickly from a Liverpool corner and Cesc Fabregas volleyed wide after Daniel Agger, making his 50th league appearance, had got in Jose Reina's way as he tried to punch clear.

A smart turn by Torres on Kolo Toure saw the Spain striker fire in a 25-yard shot which Fabianski could only parry but Silvestre cleared the danger.

Samir Nasri then had to clear off the line at the far post after Agger flicked on Xabi Alonso's right-wing corner before the Gunners hit their hosts with a sucker punch in the 36th minute.

Mascherano lost the ball on the edge of the penalty area and Fabregas exchanged passes with Nasri before crossing for Arshavin to fire home off the underside of the crossbar.

Benayoun immediately brought a diving save from Fabianski and then headed over as Liverpool piled on the pressure leading up to the interval without reward.

Liverpool realistically had 45 minutes to keep their season alive and that realisation brought the equaliser within four minutes of the restart.

Alvaro Arbeloa's cross was poorly dealt with by Bacary Sagna and Kuyt collected the ball, got to the byline and crossed for Torres to head low into the left corner of Fabianski's goal.

Seven minutes later they were ahead. Fabianski and Kieren Gibbs both messed up their clearances and Kuyt crossed to the far post where Benayoun headed in.

The goalkeeper claimed to have clawed the ball out but it was clearly over the line.

In the 65th minute Arsene Wenger brought on Theo Walcott for Denilson to try to get back in the game but it was another mistake which brought their equaliser.

Arbeloa could not control Jamie Carragher's downward defensive header and Arshavin nipped in to fire past Reina's outstretched left hand.

Incredibly for a team which had conceded just eight goals in 16 home league matches a third error handed Arsenal the lead again.

Fabio Aurelio played a left-wing cross straight to Arshavin 10 yards out and he drilled a shot under Reina for his hat-trick in the 70th minute.

Amazingly Liverpool were level again two minutes later when Torres controlled Riera's cross, turned Silvestre and fired past Fabianski.

Torres had a header cleared off the line by Gibbs from Alonso's corner with nine minutes to go and Carragher fired over from Aurelio's cross as Liverpool desperately pushed for the winner.

And that cost them as Walcott broke from a corner and played in Arshavin to score his fourth in injury time.

Benayoun bundled home an equaliser even later on but it was too late to force a victory.

What really going on with we defence?
I know we playing attacking football but I never see we misclearing and giving away soft goals so easily lately.
Pepe Reina ent even inspiring or taking up the slack if the fellas in front of him play shit.
The team showing plenty character by not giving up, all positive signs for next season.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:55:53 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #538 on: May 02, 2009, 09:57:58 PM »
Agger signs Reds contract extension

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger has agreed a four-year extension to his current deal, which will see him remain at Anfield until at least 2014.

The 24-year old, who joined the Reds from Brondby in 2006, has played 76 times and scored six goals, including his recent long-range effort against Blackburn.

Agger joins team-mates Steven Gerrard and Dirk Kuyt in committing their long-term future to the club.

Manager Rafael Benitez told the club's website: "This is extremely good news for Liverpool moving forward and demonstrates our intention to build on the progress we have already made this season.

"Daniel is still young, but with great quality and will be a very important player for us in the years ahead.

"I'm sure there were many other clubs monitoring the situation closely, but throughout our discussions, Daniel made it clear that he wanted to stay at Liverpool and achieve success here.

"I'm delighted we've secured his future at Anfield."

Great news  :)
now lets go out tomorrow and hit Newcastle bout 6  :devil:
Feliz

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 02, 2009, 10:28:25 PM »
Agger signs Reds contract extension

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger has agreed a four-year extension to his current deal, which will see him remain at Anfield until at least 2014.

The 24-year old, who joined the Reds from Brondby in 2006, has played 76 times and scored six goals, including his recent long-range effort against Blackburn.

Agger joins team-mates Steven Gerrard and Dirk Kuyt in committing their long-term future to the club.

Manager Rafael Benitez told the club's website: "This is extremely good news for Liverpool moving forward and demonstrates our intention to build on the progress we have already made this season.

"Daniel is still young, but with great quality and will be a very important player for us in the years ahead.

"I'm sure there were many other clubs monitoring the situation closely, but throughout our discussions, Daniel made it clear that he wanted to stay at Liverpool and achieve success here.

"I'm delighted we've secured his future at Anfield."

Great news  :)
now lets go out tomorrow and hit Newcastle bout 6  :devil:

Yeah, I liking dis move too.  Now if only we could jettison some ah de Spanish cargo (and I ent talking Torres), I good.

1]; } ?>