March 29, 2024, 05:22:32 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460206 times)

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #570 on: August 16, 2009, 11:44:25 AM »
I was shocked (and relieved) the ref didn't call it but I'm damn happy for the win....first one on opening day in a long time :D 

good to get opening day gitters out de way. nice win .... go spurs

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 16, 2009, 12:05:50 PM »
word word

;D

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 16, 2009, 12:20:58 PM »
Hey Fellas... was this supposed to be a two team title chase... Chelski and Liverfool... What happened?

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #573 on: August 16, 2009, 04:33:56 PM »

I wonder if that had anything to do with the two of them getting sold ...  ;D

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #574 on: August 16, 2009, 09:00:53 PM »
we lose 1 main man in the offseason and yuh could swear we lost bout 4..thats how disjointed we looked today.
What I noticed today:
Torres need some competition for his starting position...if he get injured we in deeper shit too.
Babel, Lucas and Voronin needs to be sold asap if we need more transfer money.
Bring in an older Centreback who could be called up for a couple games..not Distin nor Dunne.
We shoulda got at least one of Real Madrid Dutch players in the Xabi Alonso transfer deal cause we have absolutely no creativity in the team.
Glen Johnson was a good buy.
Reina actually made some good saves for once.

Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 17, 2009, 03:05:09 AM »
I was shocked (and relieved) the ref didn't call it but I'm damn happy for the win....first one on opening day in a long time :D 

I thought Modric and Palacios (sp?) looked real good in midfield....Spurs will be dangerous this year, especially once they have a fully fit squad. Also, even though Torres didn't look match fit, Bassong managed to stay with him for most of the match.

Yes, the refereeing was inconsistent, but we deserved to lose that match yesterday.

We shoulda got at least one of Real Madrid Dutch players in the Xabi Alonso transfer deal cause we have absolutely no creativity in the team.

That's exactly what was lacking yesterday.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 17, 2009, 08:42:30 AM »
Yuh should see how dem supporters on Liverpool website crying dwon Lucas.  They have never been convinced by him.  Aquilani will provide some creative spark, but we have to wait.  Yossi should start...he is the man that could work the magic.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 17, 2009, 08:57:32 AM »
This team is one or two injuries away from a disastrous season.. Gerrard and Torres.

It really makes no sense that they didnt invest properly to strengthen the team.. In essence they just got a better right back and a like for like replacement for Alonso thats not guaranteed to cut it.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 17, 2009, 11:47:09 AM »
This team is one or two injuries away from a disastrous season.. Gerrard and Torres.

It really makes no sense that they didnt invest properly to strengthen the team.. In essence they just got a better right back and a like for like replacement for Alonso thats not guaranteed to cut it.

Don't know bout like for like replacement for Alonso.  Every analyst (as well as Rafa) has stated to the contrary:  that Aquilani likes to play further up the pitch, is very comfortable behind the first striker as well, and is a bit more creative.  I agree with your other points, but you are totaly off on this point.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 17, 2009, 01:32:37 PM »

Don't know bout like for like replacement for Alonso.  Every analyst (as well as Rafa) has stated to the contrary:  that Aquilani likes to play further up the pitch, is very comfortable behind the first striker as well, and is a bit more creative.  I agree with your other points, but you are totaly off on this point.

i've seen Aquilani play, and he isn't bringing that much more than Alonso does..

And if you think he'll be playing that much further up the pitch under Rafa with Gerrard already up there then you have another thing coming.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 19, 2009, 03:17:05 PM »
Nice showing today...Good to see that the scoring is throughout the team...

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 19, 2009, 03:42:54 PM »
Now it's the ManU supporters turn to cry  ;)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 19, 2009, 05:43:29 PM »
3 pts  :beermug:

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 22, 2009, 02:15:17 PM »

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 24, 2009, 02:00:35 PM »
2-0 aston villa.....why we gave up xabi? God only knows.....
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: August 24, 2009, 02:14:46 PM »

Més que un club.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 24, 2009, 02:33:31 PM »
El Nino lol
2-1 villa

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 24, 2009, 02:50:23 PM »
Just couldn't get going today.  I disagree with the penalty b/c there was minimal contact (by Reo-Coker over the prone Gerrard), but I'm not going to raise much argument over that.  We got the result we deserved.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 24, 2009, 03:03:46 PM »
Early test of character. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 24, 2009, 03:06:56 PM »
steupsss...fantasy points down the drain lol   :(

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #590 on: August 24, 2009, 03:35:19 PM »
YNWA - ah lie
 :rotfl:
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 24, 2009, 03:35:42 PM »
I'd rather Walk Alone

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 24, 2009, 03:39:08 PM »
What a cutasstrophe  ;D

Sorry Bakes, But two central midfielder neither are decent passers of the ball (they can't thread it through). Gerrard now has to come short to look for passes off of them and poor Torres is left all alone up front, without support arriving quick enough.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 24, 2009, 10:48:24 PM »
What a cutasstrophe  ;D

Sorry Bakes, But two central midfielder neither are decent passers of the ball (they can't thread it through). Gerrard now has to come short to look for passes off of them and poor Torres is left all alone up front, without support arriving quick enough.

No need to be sorry dred... it is what it is.  Right now we not getting it done while other teams continue to make hay in the early season sunshine.  I'm not particularly worried by the fact that we lost two games all of last season and have already equalled that in our first three games... we likely won't have to chase Man U. as doggedly and as mistake-free as we did last season.

In the meantime however, Chelsea has re-tooled under Ancellotti and there's no arguing that he has them playing with purpose again.  City has been totally revamped from virtually top to bottom and Spurs are playing with renewed purpose as well... even if their house of cards will come down by year's end.  Bottom line is that we need to figure out what kind of club we want to be.  We need to find a settling presence in the middle to replace what we lost in Xabi. 

Lucas looks lost.  Against teams like the Chinese Taipei All-Stars he looks like the next coming of Careca, but when seasan start and games start counting for real his carriage magically trnsforms back into a pumpkin and is pure run-belly on de field.  Was only fitting that the own-goal deflection come off him after giving away such a dotish free kick at such a vulnerable point on the field.

Glenn Johnson and Kuyt also had off days, Kuyt in particular.  Aside from the collective malaise that the Dutch national team periodically displays... this is the worst game I've ever actually seen him play.  Nothing he did today seemed to click... from near misses to errant, unwise passing.  Very atypical of him... but not worried about him, least of all.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 25, 2009, 07:38:55 AM »
I actually thought Kuyt was one of the best players on the pitch yesterday.. As always working harder than everyone else and right in the thick of everything positive with liverpool. Man hit crossbar, won headers, got chances, setup chances and even got back and put in a solid shift on the right.. don't think you can ask more of a forward converted to a winger..

the game yesterday was weird in that its one of the few times i would say a team was unlucky to win 3-1.. the first goal was a hard luck, the second goal was another hard luck right before the half with the lil piece ah sourness with the ref (although it was the correct call).. and if you watch gerrard's foul for the penalty you will see that reo coker actually mistrap the ball, if he had collect properly then he woulda get a clean jam from gerrard.. Liverpool were on top for alot of the game.

another thing i picking up.. if you listen to the vibes going on, it seems like Rafa get a 6 for a 9.. Rumor has it that he was close to leaving the club in midweek after falling out with the board, what i feel happen is that they tell him once he sell he will get to use the money to buy.. Then when he done sell Xabi, they tell him hard luck dey breds but we need that paper.

Off the field probs is an issue with that side right now..

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 25, 2009, 09:04:54 AM »
I actually thought Kuyt was one of the best players on the pitch yesterday.. As always working harder than everyone else and right in the thick of everything positive with liverpool. Man hit crossbar, won headers, got chances, setup chances and even got back and put in a solid shift on the right.. don't think you can ask more of a forward converted to a winger..

the game yesterday was weird in that its one of the few times i would say a team was unlucky to win 3-1.. the first goal was a hard luck, the second goal was another hard luck right before the half with the lil piece ah sourness with the ref (although it was the correct call).. and if you watch gerrard's foul for the penalty you will see that reo coker actually mistrap the ball, if he had collect properly then he woulda get a clean jam from gerrard.. Liverpool were on top for alot of the game.

another thing i picking up.. if you listen to the vibes going on, it seems like Rafa get a 6 for a 9.. Rumor has it that he was close to leaving the club in midweek after falling out with the board, what i feel happen is that they tell him once he sell he will get to use the money to buy.. Then when he done sell Xabi, they tell him hard luck dey breds but we need that paper.

Wenger has the same issues but he is frugal anyway so he could survive that.  But the absence of Xabi is glaring on this team right now.  Gerrard has to come up to far to recieve the ball and begin setting up the offense.  Once teams realize this they will be able to press them hard while choking the right wing rendering Johnson mostly irrelivant if done right.  Of all the usual suspects to contend for the title Liverpool looks the most out of sorts followed closely by Man U.  City is now a bit stronger with a quality CB in Lescott to add with Toure.  In about a month they should look the part with better overall quality on the field and if LFC and ManU haven't quickly corrected their issues, they might be looking up at City on the table soon.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 25, 2009, 09:43:21 AM »
From Benitez's off-season activity it is clear that he is content with a repeat of last year's placing.
He's a clown.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 25, 2009, 09:51:39 AM »
From Benitez's off-season activity it is clear that he is content with a repeat of last year's placing.
He's a clown.

Why you say that?  You think he can spend without the board freeing up the purse?

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 25, 2009, 09:57:31 AM »
He's a clown.

If he's lucky. Liverpool is in danger of not even qualifying for a European spot next season if the club keeps this up.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 25, 2009, 10:57:20 AM »

Wenger has the same issues but he is frugal anyway so he could survive that.  But the absence of Xabi is glaring on this team right now.  Gerrard has to come up to far to recieve the ball and begin setting up the offense.  Once teams realize this they will be able to press them hard while choking the right wing rendering Johnson mostly irrelivant if done right.  Of all the usual suspects to contend for the title Liverpool looks the most out of sorts followed closely by Man U.  City is now a bit stronger with a quality CB in Lescott to add with Toure.  In about a month they should look the part with better overall quality on the field and if LFC and ManU haven't quickly corrected their issues, they might be looking up at City on the table soon.

Yep.  No true ball handler behind Stevie.  Lucas either going laterally or backwards.  Has no penetrating passing range.  Gareth Barry would have been a somewhat seamless replacement, but looks like we gape on that and City came iin with a load of cash.  Gillette and Hicks need to ride out fu*king now.

1]; } ?>