March 28, 2024, 02:46:11 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 459989 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Carling Cup Liverpool vs Arsenal
« Reply #660 on: October 28, 2009, 05:30:37 PM »
So what is the problem with Liverpool now?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Should Rafa be fired?
« Reply #661 on: October 31, 2009, 11:38:13 AM »
5 league losses in 6 games at a big club like Liverpool?  Is it time for Rafa to go?
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: Should Rafa be fired?
« Reply #662 on: October 31, 2009, 12:22:02 PM »
No.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 31, 2009, 12:32:53 PM »
you should make a poll with

A: Yes
B: No
C: Not Sure
D: Give Him time
E: Why should they ?. They was going and win nothing anyway   ;D
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 31, 2009, 01:00:57 PM »
I hope we finish de match with 7 men... because there's no reason fuh we to be conceding 3 goals to an impotent club like Fulham.  At this point it makes no sense firing him midway thru the season... the real question is can he do enough to merit a return next season, and right not the ledger not balanced in his favor.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 31, 2009, 01:05:52 PM »
Last week people big up Rafa, this week lets fire him. Football fans strange we.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 31, 2009, 01:06:38 PM »
you should make a poll with

A: Yes
B: No
C: Not Sure
D: Give Him time
E: Why should they ?. They was going and win nothing anyway   ;D

Ans= E  ;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline GODFATHER

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 31, 2009, 02:36:28 PM »
Not a Liverpool fan and like Rafa even less but based on results I feel like he has topped off his potential to get more out of this team and he's hasn't really built a strong team at Liverpool. Inconsistency is their biggest problem. I say fire him but since Liverpool has two owners who can't agree on anything it's unlikely that he will be fired anytime soon.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 31, 2009, 03:18:08 PM »
Last week people big up Rafa, this week lets fire him. Football fans strange we.

Nutten strange at all... I calling fuh he head since last year because he seems bereft of ideas.  In the off-season he made moves which collectively haven't benefitted the club.  Glen Johnson's signing is a big move, but we brought in Krygiakos who is yet to get any meaningful run, let alone pay dividends.  We essentially traded Xabi for Aquilani... how has that worked out?  There is little depth behind Gerrard and none whatsoever behind Torres. 

Other recent signings such as Babel and Ngog haven't paid off while castoffs such as Hyypia and Riise are contributing handsomely elsewhere.  As I said... the ledger just isn't in his favor and one superlative result against Utd. is insufficient at this point to meaningfully tilt the balance back towards positive.

------------------

Having read the match report I see we finished with 9 men... so I guess it wasn't that ridiculous a guess to think that there was some sort of competitive disadvantage on the field, but still... we're just not consistent enough and certainly not playing up to our standard.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 03:19:44 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 31, 2009, 04:43:26 PM »
Drogba is the best.    :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 31, 2009, 04:56:05 PM »
Sometimes change is good...Rafa may have outstayed his time at Anfield.  Real want him supposedly, so he could go, along with the two broke a**hole owners that we have.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 31, 2009, 05:06:40 PM »
after city and villa win their games sunday they'll slide even more.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 31, 2009, 05:17:43 PM »
it's actually 6 in 7... 

Any other manager(except Legend Sir Alex) he would be sacked

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 31, 2009, 05:40:48 PM »
Yes!

I think he has run his course at Liverpool..

I always felt Rafa was an excellent cup manager and master tactician in the knockout format.. but throughout his tenure at liverpool, his league management left a whole lot to be desired..

First few seasons it was his negative tactics away from home and against big teams, afraid to have a go at them and the team suffered..

Then his constant rotation, especially during the early stages of the last few seasons never gave his team a chance to gel and be consistent to build a platform for a serious title challenge..

Never regarded him highly as a man manager.. always sour and always over conservative with praise, and plus he real fork up that whole situation with Xabi Alonso last year. Yuh doh treat a great player like that so, peddling him around like ah ho to make a play for Gareth Barry. It will take at least a couple seasons well before Alberto Aquilani can fill that void.. and thats still a big IF.

The only thing that save Rafa up to now is the fumes from the 2005 champs league title, the fact that Torres turned out to be one of the most lethal strikers in the world and that Gerrard is a talisman. Other than that, the side he built is nothing.. Which to be fair is not entirely his fault given the ownership situation, but still he hadda take some responsibility.. After all, he run some good strikers with potential like Cisse, Bellamy and Baros out of town and turn Kuyt into a winger.

Making it too easy for Chelsea to win this league man..

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 31, 2009, 06:18:55 PM »
Not a Liverpool fan, so I hope Rafa stays forever  :devil:
Fumes from 2005 is no joke. As for 2005 (and any other thing Rafa's rejects have achieved), it's all down to Stevie Me and the Transvestite Wonder, two GENUINELY special players. I hesitate to even give him credit for the 2005 CL triumph... As far as I'm concerned Milan lost that game (but this is unadulterated bias, so...).
Can anyone tell me what Rafa has against Benayoun??? This is beginning to look personal...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: October 31, 2009, 06:26:12 PM »
Fumes from 2005 is no joke. As for 2005 (and any other thing Rafa's rejects have achieved), it's all down to Stevie Me and the Transvestite Wonder, two GENUINELY special players. I hesitate to even give him credit for the 2005 CL triumph... As far as I'm concerned Milan lost that game (but this is unadulterated bias, so...).
Can anyone tell me what Rafa has against Benayoun??? This is beginning to look personal...

??? Who's that?

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 31, 2009, 06:34:54 PM »

??? Who's that?

Torres... shouldn't be hard to figure out. 'pool only have 2 special players
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 31, 2009, 06:47:50 PM »

??? Who's that?

Torres...

So Torres was responsible for the 2005 Champions League win even though he joined Liverpool in 2007? Incredible!!

Look, I am very unhappy with Liverpool's performance this season, but the idea of firing Benitez is ridiculous, for the following reasons:

1) The club is in serious financial peril, and if you believe what you read, it is in so much debt and can barely afford their interest payments that a new manager is the last thing on anyone's mind.

2) Along similar lines, the club cannot afford to sack Benitez, as the payout will be crippling

3) Last year, Liverpool finished 4 points off the leaders. 4 points. A win and a draw. Alonso is the only major difference from last year's team, and while he was a class player and I'm a huge fan, a team does not go from almost-the-best to complete-shit when one player departs.

4) Yes, Rafa has made bad purchases (Nunez...) but he has made very good ones too, and financially speaking, many of the players who have moved on have done so at a profit (Alonso: bought for £14, sold for £30-something for example). Also, this first team eleven is strong, and definitely stronger than the first XI when Rafa joined (Traore, Diao, Biscan, Baros etc).

5) Injuries have been terrible this season. That's not an excuse, it's a fact. While the team today should still have beaten Fulham, the number of players who weren't even on the bench was staggering.

6) Who the hell else is going to come and manage Liverpool under those two idiot owners? I wouldn't. If anything, Rafa will leave. And I hope he doesn't.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 06:49:22 PM by boss »

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 31, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »

??? Who's that?

Torres...

So Torres was responsible for the 2005 Champions League win even though he joined Liverpool in 2007? Incredible!!

Look, I am very unhappy with Liverpool's performance this season, but the idea of firing Benitez is ridiculous, for the following reasons:

1) The club is in serious financial peril, and if you believe what you read, it is in so much debt and can barely afford their interest payments that a new manager is the last thing on anyone's mind.

2) Along similar lines, the club cannot afford to sack Benitez, as the payout will be crippling

3) Last year, Liverpool finished 4 points off the leaders. 4 points. A win and a draw. Alonso is the only major difference from last year's team, and while he was a class player and I'm a huge fan, a team does not go from almost-the-best to complete-shit when one player departs.

4) Yes, Rafa has made bad purchases (Nunez...) but he has made very good ones too, and financially speaking, many of the players who have moved on have done so at a profit (Alonso: bought for £14, sold for £30-something for example). Also, this first team eleven is strong, and definitely stronger than the first XI when Rafa joined (Traore, Diao, Biscan, Baros etc).

5) Injuries have been terrible this season. That's not an excuse, it's a fact. While the team today should still have beaten Fulham, the number of players who weren't even on the bench was staggering.

6) Who the hell else is going to come and manage Liverpool under those two idiot owners? I wouldn't. If anything, Rafa will leave. And I hope he doesn't:beermug:

Yes, Boss, I know that La Nina was not there is 2005. I did not juxtapose the CL final and 'pool's subsequent performances. BTW, I don't think I ever said that Rafa should be fired. In fact, I am saying, as a United fan, long may Rafa's reign continue... just kicks...  :beermug:

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 31, 2009, 07:01:28 PM »
BTW, I don't think I ever said that Rafa should be fired. In fact, I am saying, as a United fan, long may Rafa's reign continue... just kicks...  :beermug:

No worries man  ;D  :beermug:

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 31, 2009, 07:16:24 PM »
5 league losses in 6 games at a big club like Liverpool?  Is it time for Rafa to go?

lol..why allyuh even care bout this?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 31, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »
3)...a team does not go from almost-the-best to complete-shit when one player departs.

Sell Torres and see what happen.

----------------------------

Every professional team will  go thru its spells... for the ManU fans who running in here dancing on what they perceive as Liverpool's grave... don't get too comfortble under the Glazers.  Tampa Bay Bucs wont the SuperBowl in 2000.... today they're winless in the NFL.  Abramovich won't keep spending like there's no reckoning, nor may be be permitted to if current trends stay the same.  Then where does that leave Chelsea?  Arsenal may have the most fiscally-sound blueprint there is... but I'm sure even them not immune.

So yeah... laugh now, cry later... such is professional sports.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 07:24:19 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 31, 2009, 07:26:32 PM »
3)...a team does not go from almost-the-best to complete-shit when one player departs.

Sell Torres and see what happen.

----------------------------

Every professional team will  go thru its spells... for the ManU fans who running in here dancing on what they perceive as Liverpool's grave... don't get too comfortble under the Glazers.  Tampa Bay Bucs wont the SuperBowl in 2000.... today they're winless in the NFL.  Abramovich won't keep spending like there's no reckoning, nor may be be permitted to if current trends stay the same.  Then where does that leave Chelsea?  Arsenal may have the most fiscally-sound blueprint there is... but I'm sure even them not immune.

So yeah... laugh now, cry later... such is professional sports.

All true, which is why laughing now is so important; you may never get the chance again.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #683 on: November 09, 2009, 02:24:41 PM »
Ridiculous half-volley from N'gog (from close in to be fair) to put Liverpool up 1-0 in the 14'.

Joe Hart made two beautiful point blanks saves after John dribbled between to defenders on the right to cross first to N'gog who was frustrated by Hart the first time, the rebound fell to Kuyt who too was blocked by a fine reflex save.  That rebound went to Insua on the left side who crossed to N'gog for the one-timer into the roof of the net.

Still 1-0 after 21'... game on now on ESPN2 in the US.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 03:00:37 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 09, 2009, 02:29:48 PM »
Ridiculous half-volley from N'gog (from close in to be fair) to put Liverpool up 1-0 in the 14'.

Joe Hart made two beautiful point blanks saves after John dribbled between to defenders on the right to cross first Riera who was frustrated by Hart, the rebound fell to Kuyt who too was blocked by a fine reflex save.  That rebound went to Insua on the left side who crossed to N'gog for the one-timer into the roof of the net.

Still 1-0 after 21'... game on now on ESPN2 in the US.

gone too soon.... ;)

Benitez sinks Benitez  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 09, 2009, 02:31:11 PM »
1-1 in the 26' Christian Benitez with the equalizer...  Lucas with the silly foul to set up the free kick, which resulted in the header.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:32:46 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 09, 2009, 02:32:16 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 09, 2009, 02:51:39 PM »
Liverpool playing all over Brum in the first half... yet Cameron Jerome absolutely string up Reina with a 35-yard stunner.  Liverpool should easily have 3 goals were it not for poor finishing and brilliant keeping by Hart.

Make it worse... Riera injured his hamstring again, Gerrard on for him.

2-1 Birmingham at the half.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 09, 2009, 02:51:47 PM »
wow

Bye Bye Benitez :flamethrower:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 09, 2009, 02:53:24 PM »

1]; } ?>