March 28, 2024, 11:20:42 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460147 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #690 on: November 09, 2009, 02:55:03 PM »
wow

Bye Bye Benitez :flamethrower:

Can't blame Rafa for any of that... we were unfortunate not to score again... and unfortunate to concede the first goal to be honest.  Just like Clark's strike against TnT to knock us out of the World Cup, there is nothing the keeper could have done about that, you just have to tip your hat to the strike.  Can't even blame the defense because he was under pressure with a man on his hip when he hit it.  Brilliant strike.

Plenty football still to play.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 09, 2009, 02:55:18 PM »
Liverpool playing all over Brum in the first half... yet Cameron Jerome absolutely string up Reina with a 35-yard stunner.  Liverpool should easily have 3 goals were it not for poor finishing and brilliant keeping by Hart.

Make it worse... Riera injured his hamstring again, Gerrard on for him.

2-1 Birmingham at the half.

What about the useless defender he hold off. Like he was being marked by a paper bag.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 09, 2009, 03:34:30 PM »
Wow... stunning dive by N'gog... to earn a penalty.

Gerrard to the spot 2-2 in the 71'

Hate tuh see that in the game really.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 09, 2009, 03:47:22 PM »
Aquilani makes his home debut... on for Lucas, hopefully for good.

2-2 in the 83'

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 09, 2009, 03:48:46 PM »
Wow... stunning dive by N'gog... to earn a penalty.

Gerrard to the spot 2-2 in the 71'

Hate tuh see that in the game really.

if dey could give eduardo couple games for blantantly diving and deceiving the ref.. expect Ngog to get the same...
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 09, 2009, 03:57:06 PM »
if dey could give eduardo couple games for blantantly diving and deceiving the ref.. expect Ngog to get the same...

Eduardo was never suspended.

Besides... that was UEFA who wanted to suspend him, not the English FA... I doubt there will be any sanction.

---------------------------------

25 shots to 5

11 Corners to 1... in favor of Liverpool.

... not even counting the number of fouls on Birmingham that won't show up in the official stats because the Steve Walton waved the advantage to be played on.

2-2 FT
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 03:58:57 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 09, 2009, 07:18:59 PM »
Ngog had some nice moves today :o

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 09, 2009, 07:24:51 PM »

Yeah boy, the olympic level dive aside... he and Johnson was giving dem defenders fits whole game.

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 09, 2009, 09:26:33 PM »

Yeah boy, the olympic level dive aside... he and Johnson was giving dem defenders fits whole game.
dey couldn't stop johnson..de man just keep goin around dem..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 12, 2009, 09:54:16 PM »
November 12, 2009

Liverpool Lose Benayoun And Riera For Three to Four Weeks

By REUTERS
Filed at 11:48 a.m. ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Wingers Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera added to Liverpool's injury woes on Thursday when both were ruled out for up to a month due to muscle problems.

"We will have to wait and see how they progress but hopefully in three weeks they could be available," manager Rafa Benitez told the club's website (www.liverpoolfc.com).

"We are disappointed because there are too many things at the moment we can't change. Both players are wingers as well and for them to be out at the same time is bad news for us."

Liverpool are seventh in the Premier League, 11 points behind leaders Chelsea, and also in danger of making an early exit from the Champions League.

There was better news from other players, with Benitez hoping the international break would allow his injury-depleted squad time to recover before the next game against Manchester City on November 21.

"Sometimes a break comes at a bad time because you don't like to see your players flying all over the world but this time it gives us a chance to get some players back," said the Spaniard.

Benitez said defender Daniel Agger, who suffered a knock in the 2-2 draw against Birmingham City on Monday and withdrew from Denmark's friendlies against South Korea and United States, could be back in training in a few days.

The condition of right back Glen Johnson, who pulled out of England's squad for Saturday's friendly against Brazil, was also encouraging.

"Hopefully it's not too serious and he could be available again in a week," said Benitez.

Spain striker Fernando Torres will need two or three weeks treatment on his groin strain.

"I was talking with him this morning and he is doing well," said Benitez. "Hopefully he can be running in a few days and we will see how he progresses."

(Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Tony Jimenez)

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2009/11/12/sports/sports-uk-soccer-england-liverpool.html?ref=soccer

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: November 17, 2009, 12:10:54 PM »
LIVERPOOL NEWS
Benitez: I will quit if Torres is sold
By Soccernet staff
November 17, 2009

Rafael Benitez has revealed he would be prepared to quit as Liverpool boss if star striker Fernando Torres is ever sold against his will.

Rafael Benitez would not stick around if Fernando Torres was sold against his will.

The club's well-publicised debts have led to questions about whether owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett would be tempted should a big-money offer come in for the Spain striker.

But Benitez told the Times the 25-year-old would not be sold at any cost.

"I'm confident it will never happen,'' he said. "If it did, I'd resign.''

Liverpool's Ł20 million man Alberto Aquilani was their only high profile arrival in the summer and Benitez has often bemoaned his inability to compete with the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea in the transfer market.

And while the Spanish boss admitted the situation had led him to make some mistakes, he was defiant about his transfer policy.

"When we have spent big, normally it's been very good business,'' he said. "Torres, [Javier] Mascherano, [Pepe] Reina, [Xabi] Alonso.

"[Robbie] Keane is a good player but we had to sell him because he was not playing at the level we knew he could play. "Ryan [Babel] was signed for the future and we are waiting for his improvement. He has to be more consistent.

"With the fringe players, we needed to take a gamble on Bosmans and one, two million-pound players. Some of these players have not been good enough for us. It is a risk you have to accept when there is not too much money about.''

Benitez defended the signing of midfielder Aquilani, who was bought for from Roma to replace Alonso after the Spain international joined Real Madrid in the summer, but is only now reaching fitness after injury problems.

"We can only buy one or two big, Ł20 million players a year,'' Benitez said. "If we want to have money available then we have to sell some players. We have to sell expensive and buy as cheaply as possible.

"Aquilani fit would be Ł20-30 million. We checked with doctors and they said he would be out one, maybe two months. We have lost some time, but I signed the player for five years, not five weeks.''

With Liverpool struggling for form and lying seventh in the table having lost five league games already this season, many believe their title aspirations are already dead, while qualification for the knockout stage of this season's Champions League has also been cast into serious doubt.

"People are worried,'' Benitez said. "But the team will improve. When we have key players on the pitch we are as good as anyone. We have proved this in the past.''
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 17, 2009, 05:10:33 PM »
Yuh blame the man? ...The only Big Four team with one world class striker.  Everyone else has a minimum of two potent men up front.:-[

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 21, 2009, 06:47:56 AM »
Game vs. City on ESPN2 right now...

Gerrard in, but Johnson out... as is Torres.  Babel gets a start for us... Tevez riding bench for some untimely comments for City.  Poor Shay Given... feel for him, but hope dey buss he net today, lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 21, 2009, 06:57:59 AM »
4 mins into de game and Agger pick up ah buss head... Kyriagkos to come on for him in his home debut.

Ngog with a nice run of 6 goals in 16 games, gets a start for 'Pool as well.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 06:59:45 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 21, 2009, 07:06:47 AM »
Lawd... now Babel off with an injury too.   Benayoun on.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: November 21, 2009, 07:55:57 AM »
A bit random but ..........Shawn wright Phillips for alll that speed is the biggest shittong I've ever seen....................... not that I care but it almost frustrating to see such a shitty player lol

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 21, 2009, 08:04:49 AM »
A bit random but ..........Shawn wright Phillips for alll that speed is the biggest shittong I've ever seen....................... not that I care but it almost frustrating to see such a shitty player lol

Well, speed doesn't necessarily mean you're a good player... still that said, I think you're being a bit harsh on him, although he really hasn't helped himself with his inconsistency.  I think his turn at Stamford Bridge severely stunted his development, but even so he's two seasons removed now and as a professional should be beyond that.

-------------------------

1-0 Liverpool in the 50'... Skrtel on the end of a Gerrard freek kick after Zabaleta fouled N'gog just outside the area to the right of Shay Given's goal.  First Liverpool goal for Skrtel.

But the air has gone out of this match to be honest... maybe this goal will open things up.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 21, 2009, 08:14:31 AM »
Ngog needs to work on his passing...poor

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 21, 2009, 08:19:24 AM »
Rafa is ah asshole for trying to sit back for 40 mins.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 21, 2009, 08:20:00 AM »
1-1... Adebayor in the 69' off the corner from Bellamy.  City was bound to score to be honest... we've been shaky all game... all season... at the back.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 21, 2009, 08:27:01 AM »
Rafa is ah asshole for trying to sit back for 40 mins.

I just think the team's been poor to be honest...

2-1 City 76' ... great ball to Wright-Phillips, Ireland alone in the box.

EDIT:   Benayoun with the equalizer.  2-2 in the 77'

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #711 on: November 21, 2009, 08:31:59 AM »
really good game.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 21, 2009, 08:51:32 AM »
really good game.

You probably juss caught the second half... it really turned around b/c the first half was pretty unwatchable.  Early injuries took a toll on Liverpool and the game on the whole.  Six mins were added.

Tevez paid early dividends for City once he came on for Barry.  Stephen Ireland was offside on his goal that briefly put City up.  The announcers got it shockingly wrong... as did the officials, unless my understanding of the offside rule is wrong.  Wright-Phillips passed the ball to Ireland who was unmarked in the box... they claimed that the he was behind the ball, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.  The rule is clear... at the time the pass is made you must either be in line with or behind the second to last defender... counting the GK.  Here only Reina was ahead of him.

All that aside... Lucas, what a shitsnake.  I doh really like bashing players but this dude has shown me nothing.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #713 on: November 21, 2009, 08:59:01 AM »
really good game.

You probably juss caught the second half... it really turned around b/c the first half was pretty unwatchable.  Early injuries took a toll on Liverpool and the game on the whole.  Six mins were added.

Tevez paid early dividends for City once he came on for Barry.  Stephen Ireland was offside on his goal that briefly put City up.  The announcers got it shockingly wrong... as did the officials, unless my understanding of the offside rule is wrong.  Wright-Phillips passed the ball to Ireland who was unmarked in the box... they claimed that the he was behind the ball, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.  The rule is clear... at the time the pass is made you must either be in line with or behind the second to last defender... counting the GK.  Here only Reina was ahead of him.

All that aside... Lucas, what a shitsnake.  I doh really like bashing players but this dude has shown me nothing.
I thought it was offside too.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 21, 2009, 09:04:18 AM »
really good game.

I thought it was offside too.

you can be ahead of the second to last defender as long as you're behind or in line with the man passing the ball.. debatable in that goal though, but SWP turn that man so fast that it wouldve been hard for the linesman to make that marginal call.. Notice the liverpool defenders wasnt complaining.

Ngog is shit boy geez an ages, Rafa don't have one other striker better than that?

quote of the game: Reina makes a 1 handed catch on a cross ball and the commentator, "an excellent one-handed take by Pepe Reina... in the style of Thierry Henry"

other commentator couldnt hold in the laugh..

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 21, 2009, 09:24:39 AM »
Or to put it another way (from BBC's offside essentials):

You can't be offside if:

# You receive the ball directly from a goal kick, a throw-in or a corner
# You are in your own half of the pitch
# You are level with the second last or last two opponents
# You are level with or behind the ball
# You are not actively involved in play, as explained above

For any offside offence, the referee awards an indirect free-kick to the opposing team, to be taken from the place where the infringement occurred.

Ngog reminds me of Heskey (currently) a little bit, in that he holds up the ball well, but not much else. The difference is that Heskey is near the end of his career and Ngog is just starting his.

Rafa don't have one other striker better than that?

In a word? No. I don't know why he loaned out Krisztián Németh...I would prefer a young, inexperienced striker to Ngog and Voronin...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 09:30:18 AM by boss »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 21, 2009, 11:42:33 AM »
Good second goal, no way that is debatable. Horriffic defending by a big team.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 21, 2009, 12:17:17 PM »
really good game.

The announcers got it shockingly wrong... as did the officials, unless my understanding of the offside rule is wrong. 

Clearly and shockingly the case, considering how much you purport yourself to know about the game

Wright-Phillips passed the ball to Ireland who was unmarked in the box... they claimed that the he was behind the ball, but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.  The rule is clear... at the time the pass is made you must either be in line with or behind the second to last defender... counting the GK.  Here only Reina was ahead of him.

The rule of one not being offside once you're behind the plane of the ball has been in place for what seems like forever.....it ain't even one of the "changes" that can be confusing......I eh understand how you eh know dat......but then again, maybe I do.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 21, 2009, 02:18:52 PM »

The rule of one not being offside once you're behind the plane of the ball has been in place for what seems like forever.....it ain't even one of the "changes" that can be confusing......I eh understand how you eh know dat......but then again, maybe I do.

Unlike some of us I doh pretend to know everything where football is concerned... and I eh go beat up mihself if I ent know de ins and outs of the offside rule.  You on de other hand need tuh convince yuhself that yuh's ah big time football expert apparently, all the better to validate yuh existence... given what yuh professed expertise doing fuh yuh.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 21, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »

Unlike some of us I doh pretend to know everything where football is concerned... and I eh go beat up mihself if I ent know de ins and outs of the offside rule.  You on de other hand need tuh convince yuhself that yuh's ah big time football expert apparently, all the better to validate yuh existence... given what yuh professed expertise doing fuh yuh.

"..Like a dull knife, never cutting....some are talking loud and they're saying nothing.." 

Boy, you so f**kin' phony it really is amusing. Ah like how yuh say, and I quote, "I doh pretend to know everything about football...."  The way you does want to call out people and talk yuh shit "...announcers got it shockingly wrong...as did the officials"  I would think you know that rule whether you know a penny or a pound of football and it really doesn't take the expert that you claim I claim I am to know that rule.  It's a rule as basic as knowing that you can't be offside in your own half, c**thole.  Truth is this:  I recognize you is a phony from day one that I see yuh carryin on wit people on the forum and reading your last few posts on this thread alone confirms it to me, validated existence, professed expertise or not.  So yuh could go on about what yuh feel about what I feel I know or what.....yuh still talkin a pack ah ass as far as I am concerned..yuh is still a jackass backside.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>