March 28, 2024, 04:43:15 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460104 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #780 on: December 30, 2009, 02:28:31 PM »
Plus Real want 'Pool to pay all of his 100 GBP wages per week. 

100 quid ah week??  That sound like ah steal  ;D

I also meant to say that "I like BABEL and I like Voronin"... but time for dem tuh bounce.

But yeah... Madrid have a surplus of stars (as usual) and trying to pawn off as much of that debt as possible.  'Pool right to call dey bluff... dem need financial relief more than we need RvN services, it have other strikers out there.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 10, 2010, 01:06:22 PM »
Barry forced Anfield exit - Alonso

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/laliga/story/Alonso-Reds-Barry-pursuit-forced-exit

Alonso exited Liverpool in 2009 and joined Real Madrid in a deal worth around £30million.

Many Reds fans were unhappy to lose him, but Alonso admits his mind was made up 12 months earlier when Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez tried to sign Aston Villa's Barry.

The Barry deal failed to materialise, with the England international later joining Manchester City, but Alonso felt he was not wanted by Benitez from that point.

"The pursuit of Gareth Barry took some time for me to accept and, in all honesty, it changed the course of my future," Alonso told The People.

"I did get over it but it did take time for me to accept what had happened to me.

"Leaving Liverpool was one of the hardest decisions of my life, but after what happened with Barry I knew in my heart I had to tell Rafa that I wanted to go to Madrid when they came knocking at the door.

"I was still fairly young when I joined Liverpool and I had not only grown into the player I'd become there, but also the man I'd become."

Liverpool's form has dipped this season and many put this down to Alonso's departure - but he does not think that there is a major problem at Anfield.

"People talk about this Liverpool team but it is more or less the same one that was challenging for the title last season," he said.

"Liverpool have been very unfortunate with injuries this season, but they have started to put wins together again and I am sure they will secure a top-four place.

"When you have bad results it is not always easy to get back to winning ways, but they have managed to do that and now it is time for them to look upwards.

"They have a great squad and finishing in the top four is a must for them. I think it is something they will achieve.

"I would not offer advice to any of the players because they don't need me to tell them what to do, but I do offer them my friendship."

Alonso still has a special bond with Anfield and said: "I still see and speak with all the Spanish boys at Liverpool, but I also speak with others there. I am in regular contact with Stevie Gerrard and Jamie Carragher. I spent a lot of time at Liverpool and in those two I have made friends for life."

Alonso insists there is no bad blood between him and Benitez.

"There is no questioning that he is a good manager who can still bring success for Liverpool," he said.

"He doesn't operate the same way to a lot of other managers, but you can't deny that he is successful in what he does. He keeps his distance emotionally - you are the player and he is the manager and that's the way he likes it. You have to accept that.

"I will always respect Rafa for what he has done in football but, more importantly, I will always be massively grateful to him for the chance he gave me to join Liverpool.

"The club gave me so much and I made some great friends - and the Liverpool fans are beyond excellent.

"It was such a hard decision for me but I knew in my heart it was the right time to leave.

"It will always be a special place for me, and when I can I will always go back and watch the team and see my old friends."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 10, 2010, 04:51:57 PM »
Madrid has a much more mercenary reputation where their players are concerned... if he feels Liverpool didn't show him any loyalty in pursuing Barry then wait 'til Real start faltering and looking for the next quick/expensive fix.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 11, 2010, 11:21:49 AM »
PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS
Hicks Jnr falls on his sword after email tirade
By Soccernet staff
January 11, 2010

Tom Hicks Jnr has been forced to resign from the board of Liverpool after an amazing email attack on a supporter.

Stephen Horner wrote to Hicks Jnr to express his concerns over the lack of transfer funds for boss Rafael Benitez. First, Horner was branded an "idiot". Then a second response from Hicks jnr said: "Blow me, ****face. Go to hell. I'm sick of you."

In a statement on their official website read: "Liverpool Football Club today announce that Thomas Hicks Jr has resigned as a director of both the club and its parent company Kop Holdings.

"Three new directors have been elected to the boards of both companies. These are Philip Nash, LFC Chief Financial Officer; Ian Ayre, LFC Commercial Director; and Casey Coffman, Executive Vice President of Hicks Holdings."

Fans' organisation The Spirit of Shankly (SoS) had already called for Hicks jnr to resign.

An SoS statement read: "Spirit of Shankly welcomes the resignation of Tom Hicks Junior from the Board of Liverpool FC and its parent company. This Club has standards - on the field, off the field, on the terraces and in the Boardroom.

"The standards we have seen exercised in the Boardroom have been unbefitting of this great Club since Hicks Junior, his father, George Gillett and other associates arrived at the Club, with false promises.

"Tom Hicks and George Gillett bought the club and talked of respecting the legacy and tradition, as well as family values, the club being passed onto their children. If these are the kind of values they see fit for Liverpool Football Club, and this is how they respect our legacies and traditions, it underlines the need to remove them from the club.

"The action taken by the Union [SoS] to publicise and seek Tom Hicks Junior's removal is another part of us saying "If you won't recognise our standards then we will remind you again and again until you do".

"The action taken here by the Union and fans shows that we do have some power and influence. All that is needed now is for Dad, Uncle George and the rest of the entourage to follow. Tom and George you're still "Not Welcome"."

Hicks Jnr has offered his apologies to the fan over the foul-mouthed tirade. He said: "I have great respect for Liverpool Football Club, especially the club's supporters. I apologise for my mistake and I am very sorry for my harmful words.

"I do not want my actions to take away from the club's future, therefore I am resigning from the board. To the fans and to the club, please accept my sincerest apologies.''

Tom Hicks Snr and George Gillett have been the subject of the Liverpool fans ire for most of their time in control of the club since taking over in 2007. The actions of Hicks Jnr are hardly likely to help.

Added to that, Benitez admitted on Sunday that he could be forced to sell star striker Fernando Torres in the summer should the club fail to make it back into the Champions League. That could be the final straw for many supporters, angry over the way the club has been run and the level of debt Hicks and Gillett have piled onto the books.

Purslow, Nash and Ayre have played increasingly important roles in the last few months as they work towards putting the club on a healthier financial footing.

That has already led to the signing of a new shirt sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered Bank worth around £80 million.

One of Purslow's priorities since taking over from Rick Parry in June last year has been to find new investment in the club as they seek to get the funding in place to build a new stadium.

Hicks Jr had no real input into decision-making at the club on a daily basis and so his departure will not affect on-going plans.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 13, 2010, 09:34:14 AM »

;D

Maxi takes taxi to Anfield
Argentina winger in Liverpool for medical

Last updated: 13th January 2010   Subscribe to RSS Feed

Argentina winger Maxi Rodriguez has arrived in Liverpool ahead of completing his proposed switch to Anfield.

The 29-year-old Atletico Madrid player is set to undergo a medical before signing an 18-month contract in a £1.5million switch.

He will then watch his new team-mates in action in Wednesday night's FA Cup third round replay against Reading at Anfield before returning to Spain to tie up the final details of his departure.

Rodriguez, who is a close friend and international team-mate of Reds midfielder Javier Mascherano, still has to agree his pay-off from Atletico.
Hoped

But it is hoped he could be back in England by the weekend to figure in Liverpool's trip to Stoke on Saturday.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez had hoped the deal could have been completed last week, but the former Newell's Old Boys and Espanyol player was unable to finalise the details of his departure.

His impending arrival comes after Andrea Dossena left the Reds for Napoli, while Andriy Voronin moved to Dinamo Moscow.

These deals brought in funds totalling £6.5million, and Ryan Babel's name could soon be added to the list of departures now Benitez has been assured that he can have the potential £10million fee to strengthen his squad during this transfer window.

Benitez had previously been told to wait until the summer before spending on new additions.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 13, 2010, 09:58:12 AM »
Maxi is a good addition to that squad- solid, consistent player who can chip in on the goals.  Very unassuming and "un-flashy" but reliable up and down the pitch.  Only doubt is that he's had some injuries of late- Also didn't realize he was already 29.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 13, 2010, 10:59:14 AM »
Maxi is a good addition to that squad- solid, consistent player who can chip in on the goals.  Very unassuming and "un-flashy" but reliable up and down the pitch.  Only doubt is that he's had some injuries of late- Also didn't realize he was already 29.

Some question marks with Maxi... but agreed, he's a top-class addition.  I kinda sad to see Voronin go though, I know he never really shine for us but that man was a hard worker.  Wish him luck in Moscow.  Dossena also put in a tireless shift whenever he was on the pitch, but sometimes things just don't work out at a club.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 13, 2010, 11:49:30 AM »

Some question marks with Maxi... but agreed, he's a top-class addition.  I kinda sad to see Voronin go though, I know he never really shine for us but that man was a hard worker.  Wish him luck in Moscow.  Dossena also put in a tireless shift whenever he was on the pitch, but sometimes things just don't work out at a club.

I don't think that Dossena adjusted to the pace of the EPL.  Sometimes, you just don't make the adjustment, other times, you do.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 13, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »
ahmmm....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 13, 2010, 04:45:21 PM »
Liverpool sent crashing out
Soccernet.com

New Liverpool signing Maxi Rodriguez watched from the stands as Liverpool were sent tumbling out of the FA Cup with a 2-1 extra-time defeat to Reading at Anfield. And it was even worse for Rafael Benitez as both Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard went off injured.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 14, 2010, 09:19:28 AM »
Torres needs surgery 6 weeks out. Gerrard 2 weeks out. Benayoun 3-4 weeks out.

I can't find any positives.  :(

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 14, 2010, 09:30:55 AM »

now read this

Wowzers

Spurs,Villa and City must be celebrating

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 14, 2010, 04:25:30 PM »

Liverpuddle totally @#$%ed now!  Without Torres dey have trouble scoring, without Gerrard they cant even think about controlling midfield.  And without Benayoun it eh ha nobody who could give instant spark for as long as they on the pitch.  Bye bye from big 4!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 06, 2010, 07:25:12 AM »
Merseyside Derby:

The ref loss the plot in this game.  Men pelting in tackle like they felling trees.
Stright red for Kyrgiakos for a rediculous challenge on Fellaini, who manage to step on the man ankle same time. but get away with it.
So 10 vs 11
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 06, 2010, 07:29:21 AM »
I forget the yellows

Carragher
Kuyt
Pienaar

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: February 06, 2010, 08:03:27 AM »
Ok Donovan. Time to show Everton a form. 

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 06, 2010, 09:27:03 PM »
Kuyt to de rescue... :applause:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 21, 2010, 11:28:30 AM »
ABANDON SHIP!!!!!!!   :devil:

This team still in the EPL?

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 21, 2010, 11:34:04 AM »

Man City are unbeaten at home in League, and have won at home in games against Chelsea, Arsenal (twice) and United.

0-0 is a good result. But I have to admit that was a terrible, horrible match.

Good to have Torres fit again  :beermug:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 21, 2010, 12:14:05 PM »

Man City are unbeaten at home in League, and have won at home in games against Chelsea, Arsenal (twice) and United.

0-0 is a good result. But I have to admit that was a terrible, horrible match.

Good to have Torres fit again  :beermug:

Because the ref eh give that PK where whatever he name is push down Ade.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 21, 2010, 02:49:05 PM »
ABANDON SHIP!!!!!!!   :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 21, 2010, 04:09:03 PM »
what's Rafa's sell by date again ??? goods on de shelf too long at Anfield ..

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 21, 2010, 05:09:29 PM »
i find it difficult to watch Liverpool play. I really cannot appreciate the football they play.
No disrespect intended!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 21, 2010, 07:15:30 PM »
i find it difficult to watch Liverpool play. I really cannot appreciate the football they play.
No disrespect intended!

nah ..your problem is that you watching too much la liga  :beermug:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 22, 2010, 08:03:24 AM »
No disrespect intended!

nah ..your problem is that you watching too much la liga  :beermug:

:beermug: ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #805 on: February 27, 2010, 04:58:24 PM »
Alright
I back and Torres back
We back in business now  ;D
we targeting 3rd place too  :D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 27, 2010, 09:25:41 PM »
Tomorrow is a must win--nuff said. ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 27, 2010, 09:35:40 PM »
lol i thought the others that alyuh loss before was must win also ?  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 08, 2010, 07:19:54 PM »
wow.......
I think this thread needs a bump
 ;D

Wigan 1-0 Liverpool
By John Sinnott
Liverpool's hopes of qualifying for the Champions League suffered a major setback as struggling Wigan punished an insipid display by Rafa Benitez's side.

The visitors' out-of-sorts performance was summed up four misses by Fernando Torres, who hit the post early on.

A Dirk Kuyt mistake led to Wigan's goal, with Emmerson Boyce then crossing and Hugo Rodallega volleying home.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8547476.stm

Published: 2010/03/08 21:59:12 GMT

© BBC MMX
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 09, 2010, 11:19:18 AM »
i watch that game against wigan. . .and wow man ... liverpool is a team struggling for form . .and their dependence on 2 men (stevie g and torres) real showin up of late. . cuz them men was injured and not in top form so liverpool not in top form .. they look real real bad in that game. . . not even 1 shot on target ,. ..
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

1]; } ?>