March 28, 2024, 03:40:38 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460096 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #840 on: April 29, 2010, 05:58:56 PM »
Hard luck to 'pool fans!!!!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 29, 2010, 07:21:36 PM »
still chance to prove your worth - beat chelsea.

Go fulham!
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 29, 2010, 07:28:34 PM »
Poisoned at the death... but say what.  Plenty work needed for this side to find respectability next season.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 29, 2010, 07:29:09 PM »
Poisoned at the death... but say what.  Plenty work needed for this side to find respectability next season.

Benitez wants overhaul at Anfield
Rafael Benitez admitted it could take five new signings to turn Liverpool into trophy challengers once more.

The Reds lost to Atletico Madrid on away goals in the Europa League semi-finals to compound a miserable season, which they will finish empty-handed.

"Someone said we needed four or five players. I would more or less agree with that. That is what we have to do," said Liverpool boss Benitez.

"I do not know whether I will have any funds. We will find out in the summer."

Liverpool do still have the fourth Champions League place to aim for, but even that is a forlorn hope.

They would require victory over title favourites Chelsea in their penultimate game of the season on Sunday to stand any chance, while hoping other results go their way.

Benitez acknowledged there is plenty of work ahead if Liverpool are to regain their former status.

"Liverpool is a massive club," said the Spaniard after his side beat Atletico 2-1 at Anfield but drew 2-2 on aggregate to bow out on away goals.

"There has been a change in the last two or three years. We have had to balance the books and manage in this way."

ffcbscmi
However, whether he is stay at Anfield to undertake the rebuilding job remains to be seen.

Juventus are reported to be keen on acquiring the services of Benitez, who saw his hopes of leading Liverpool to a third European final under his charge collapse after they had found themselves in such a promising position.

The 50-year-old was cagey about his future, refusing to look any further ahead than the two games his side have left.

"The future is Chelsea. And then Hull," he said.

The exit was a microcosm of Liverpool's season - plenty of effort and some finesse in the first half, Alberto Aquilani providing the latter with a superb finish to put the hosts in front.

Although there were no more goals in normal time, Yossi Benayoun struck at the start of the additional 30 minutes and seemed to have set up an all-English final with Fulham in Hamburg on 12 May.

But former Manchester United striker Diego Forlan wrecked those dreams, leaving Benitez to pick his players up once more, after he ran out of experience to make a difference from the bench.

"Everything seems to have been against the players this season," he said. "It is clear that we had some problems.

"We had too many injuries and were lacking forward options. But the players worked so hard tonight and I am very proud of them.

"Now we have to concentrate and do our best in the next two games."

For Atletico it was a glorious night, allowing them to revel in the joy of becoming the only Spanish side to reach a European final this season.

"No one would have expected this," said coach Quique Sanchez Flores. "We are happy to represent our country and be Spain's only team in a European final.

"It was an amazing night. You can't come to Anfield without knowing you are going to suffer some difficult moments but we were the stronger side in extra-time and deserved to go through."

Now they must deny Fulham a magical end to one of the most incredible seasons in the west London club's history, and Sanchez Flores is wary.

"Never trust any team that goes all the way to the final," he added. "Any English team will be very competitive and Fulham are no exception."

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/europe/8652883.stm

Published: 2010/04/29 23:12:54 GMT

© BBC MMX
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 29, 2010, 07:33:42 PM »
Diego woahh ohh ohhh...

sorry just had to sing it.. cant believe he made the scousers cry again...

anyway..go out and prove your not the biggest lot of shit by holding or beating Chelsea on Sunday...

good luck scousers

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 30, 2010, 03:48:47 AM »
Nothing left to say really.  :( A shitty season that will at best, be a blip before returning next season to challenge for the title, but more likely be the start of a run of seasons outside the top 4. With Manchester City's spending power and Liverpool's unstable board structure and constant pimping of itself to potential buyers, I'm preparing myself for an uncomfortable run. And yes, Benitez has to shoulder some (more than some) of the blame, but I will continue to support him.

Anyway, hopefully we can win our remaining matches (including Chelsea this weekend) and hope for the best. And good luck to Fulham. I hope they win it  :beermug:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 30, 2010, 03:57:06 AM »
Nothing left to say really.  :( A shitty season that will at best, be a blip before returning next season to challenge for the title, but more likely be the start of a run of seasons outside the top 4. With Manchester City's spending power and Liverpool's unstable board structure and constant pimping of itself to potential buyers, I'm preparing myself for an uncomfortable run. And yes, Benitez has to shoulder some (more than some) of the blame, but I will continue to support him.

Anyway, hopefully we can win our remaining matches (including Chelsea this weekend) and hope for the best. And good luck to Fulham. I hope they win it  :beermug:

good post - tough luck  :beermug:
(Muslim)

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 30, 2010, 08:27:46 AM »

good post - tough luck  :beermug:

Co-sign

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 30, 2010, 04:21:07 PM »
Could just be paper talk...  :o

Rafael Benítez on the brink of leaving Liverpool over Anfield rift

Oliver Kay, Football Correspondent

Rafael Benítez could bid an emotional farewell to Anfield tomorrow after a breakdown of trust between the Liverpool manager and the board.

The club’s hierarchy believe Benítez is “playing games” as he weighs up an offer to take over at Juventus.

Sources at Anfield said last night that the situation looks increasingly untenable for both parties, but the mechanics of Benítez’s departure remain unclear because of two factors: the extraordinary sum of £16 million that he would be due as compensation if relieved of his duties and the uncertainty over the future ownership of the club.

The board insists that Benítez’s potential payoff will not stop it acting decisively. However, the Spaniard believes he has a watertight five-year contract, agreed only last year, which entitles him to be paid within 24 hours of having his contract terminated.

With at least two groups expressing serious interest in buying Liverpool from Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, the uncertainty may be prolonged until a takeover has been finalised, but the club’s hierarchy are prepared to discuss the matter with potential investors if they fear Benítez has become a “lame duck” manager after a wretched season in which they lie seventh in the Barclays Premier League with two matches remaining, the first against Chelsea in a potential title decider tomorrow.

Benítez has an arrangement with Christian Purslow, the managing director, to sit down at the end of the season, after the final Premier League fixture away to Hull City a week tomorrow, to discuss the future. Having not yet spoken to Martin Broughton, who was appointed as chairman a fortnight ago, Benítez fears the worst, but a swift resolution looks unlikely. The Liverpool board will not stand in Benítez’s way if he wants to join Juventus or any other club, which would at least spare it the payout.

Benítez said yesterday: “I decided to stay last year because of the fans and for one year I have been working hard, trying to do my best. We will see what happens in the future.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article7113271.ece

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 30, 2010, 06:13:02 PM »
aye alyuh win alyuh forking match Sun nah , thank you  :devil: i gone
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 30, 2010, 07:01:33 PM »
aye alyuh lose alyuh forking match Sun nah , thank you  :devil: i gone

he probably drunk.......... ah fix it for 'im
I pity the fool....

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 02, 2010, 03:00:46 AM »
Anyone following the Gerrard rumours? (And I don't mean transfer talk)

Apparently Gerrard has a Terry-esque media gag order in place at the moment...although the reasons for the gag order are well publicised on the internet.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 03:04:19 AM by Ryan »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 02, 2010, 06:10:01 AM »
Anyone following the Gerrard rumours? (And I don't mean transfer talk)

Apparently Gerrard has a Terry-esque media gag order in place at the moment...although the reasons for the gag order are well publicised on the internet.

well lewe hear the rumor and the reasons for the gag order nah?
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 02, 2010, 07:05:47 AM »
liverpool is real shit yes  >:(
(Muslim)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 02, 2010, 07:12:08 AM »
liverpool is real shit yes

Come on Liverpool....lets continue to do Chelsea a favour... :devil:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: May 02, 2010, 08:00:16 AM »
f**k you pool  >:(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 02, 2010, 08:04:37 AM »
pathetic... that about sums it up

Kuyt and Reina have my respect

the rest of Liverpool including their fans could f**k off... yea I know we cant depend on results but what a unprofessional shambolic performance...I'd hide If I was a Liverpool fan...keep your history..because your foreseeable future is dark...

useless f**ks

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 02, 2010, 08:19:12 AM »
dey dont deserve to mentioned with utd and chelsea.
(Muslim)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 02, 2010, 08:27:47 AM »

the rest of Liverpool including their fans could f**k off... yea I know we cant depend on results but what a unprofessional shambolic performance...I'd hide If I was a Liverpool fan...keep your history..because your foreseeable future is dark...

useless f**ks

Like somebody feeling tense.
Worry about Sunderland.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 02, 2010, 08:30:57 AM »
nice pass gerrard... now yuh ass shoul get pass for africa >:(

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 02, 2010, 08:34:03 AM »
Superb through ball by mr. liverpool himself. Steups.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 02, 2010, 08:38:07 AM »
nice pass gerrard... now yuh ass shoul get pass for africa >:(
Superb through ball by mr. liverpool himself. Steups.
I pity the fool....

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 02, 2010, 08:41:00 AM »

useless f**ks

Like somebody feeling tense.
Worry about Sunderland.
for real why your big team on ah another rival d!cK for help,Man U IS GARBAGE  :beermug:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 02, 2010, 08:42:02 AM »
.....not dat ah feelin' sorry fuh dem....but dis team is currently a shell of its former self and is only rafa benitez and the owners to blame fuh dat.  The players, I could hardly say is their fault this team lookin' so bad.  Chelsea was almost playing this game at a pedestrian pace today.  

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 02, 2010, 09:23:45 AM »
the official babes thread more interested than anything going on in this one yes.. :-[

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 02, 2010, 11:38:58 AM »
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/eseason/Features/Players-salute--18681.php3

Give credit where credit is due, Rivals or not you guys didnt have the best season you desired but in the end you an your club will ALWAYS have my utmost respect. So from me to you guys on this thread YNWA. Make the run through the Europa League next season Memorable for Anfield. The Champions League wont be the same without y'all.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 02, 2010, 12:07:38 PM »
the official babes thread more interested than anything going on in this one yes.. :-[

Then why are you in here?  So called fans like you and the rest of the li'l Man U fanboys in here (Reaper excluded) is why people does hate on allyuh club they way they do.  Instead of posting in the Man U thread and cheering on allyuh side allyuh in here denigrating ah next team because allyuh not getting any "help"... allyuh pathetic dread.  God forbid the tables should ever turn because frontrunners like allyuh will be the first of the rats off the sinking Man U ship.

Man U. will always have my respect, but just to see allyuh cry into allyuh bibs I hope Chelsea win the title.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 09, 2010, 11:03:10 AM »
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/389487-liverpool-fc-on-the-verge-of-administration-after-massive-rise-in-debt

KPMG: Liverpool FC On The Verge Of Administration After Massive Rise In Debt
[/size]
Willie Gannon by
Written on May 08, 2010

The season that just keeps kicking gave Liverpool and its many fans the worst news imaginable after reports emerged that the club have sunk deeper into debt. Yesterday's financial report from Kop Holdings revealed a record loss of £54.9 million over the course of the last season, meaning that the club's total debt now stands at £472.5 million.

Accounts for the club's holding company for the year ending in July 2009 show rising interest payments of £40 million over the last year, wages breaking the £100 million range for the first time and a record loss of £54.9 million.

At the end of last season, after a record profit of £10 million, Liverpool's debt stood at £350m. Urgent negotiations with RBS and a refinancing of the loan reduced the deficit to £237 million, and the British Government-owned bank are now expected to come back and seek their money.

£233 million of the debt is owed to RBS and Wachovia, while another £144.4 million is owed to Hicks and Gillett's parent company, Kop Cayman.

At the end of last season KPMG had warned Kop Football Ltd. of the "material uncertainty" of their product. In other words, should Liverpool fail to bring the EPL trophy or the Champions League trophy home in the 2009/10, then the debt would increase substantially, as there would not be any monies available to pay off their debt.

With the current findings we can see that that is exactly what has happened to the once great club.

Liverpool have until the end of July to pay RBS and Wachovia their debt, or at the least a very large portion of the debt through player sales, which looks increasingly like the only way out of the mire. Already ahead of the curve, the EPL and UEFA summoned new Chairman Martin Broughton to their headquarters to discuss Liverpool's participation in their respective tournaments next year.

Their greatest fear is that the now Government-owned bank will have nowhere near the same level of sympathy for the club that they had last year. RBS restructured their core business after the EU allowed the company to redesign itself after the biggest taxpayer bail out in Europe during the financial crisis, some £100 billion. As a result of the restructuring RBS are expected to shed 20,000 from their world wide work force.

The EU’s top competition enforcer, Neelie Kroes, warned that if the bank failed to meet 2013 targets to restore healthy balance sheet then the EU would be forced to take action upon the bank.

The fact that the goalposts have now shifted for RBS means that the bank will almost definitely come looking for Liverpool to repay their debt. There is no sympathy for football clubs who spend beyond their means in the current climate, and Liverpool will do well to garner support from political parties because their debt is essentially taxpayer money.

Broughton has been quick to talk of the proposed £81 million four year sponsorship deal with Standard Charter and how it will help to reduce the debt. However, it would now seem that the level of sponsorship depends upon Liverpool's success during that period.

One theory on Broughton's role that has begun to surface is that his appointment to the role of Chairman is only window dressing to appease RBS, to make it look as if the club are actively looking to reduce their debts but are in actual fact treading water with no serious buyers on the horizon.

This would seem to go with the EPL's recent talks with Broughton about their commitment to meet every fixture next season.

"I expect to be chairman until we sell, so a matter of months,” Broughton said. “There’s no fixed price, there’s no agreed price—it’s a willing buyer, willing seller trade. We have willing sellers and there are willing buyers out there—that will determine the price," which all sounds a little bit desperate.

With the club now losing £110,000 a day it looks as if Broughton, RBS, and the UK Government will have much to discuss over the next two months.

To make the debt look more servicable Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia have forced Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr. to move Liverpool’s borrowings away from them and on to Hicks' Cayman Islands-listed parent company, Kop Cayman.

Many fans rejoiced last year when Liverpool appeared to reduce their bank loan from £350 million to £290 million, but that turned out to be financial slight of hand and was only because their offshore parent company increased its loan to the club by £86.2 million to £144.4 million. That loan, on which Liverpool has to pay 10 percent interest, is likely to have increased over the last 12 months, explaining these new devastating figures.

Only this week Rafael Benitez eventually agreed to meet Martin Broughton about the Spaniard's future at the club. There has been a huge amount of speculation about his future role at the club, with stories emanating from Italy every day with new links to Juventus.

Benitez has played a political chess game with Hicks and Gillett in the corridors of power at Anfield, and he has become part of the fabric at the club with his people in virtually every position of power regarding the football side of the club.

He has called upon the owners to lavish him with money, or he will leave. He has told them not to sell Fernando Torres or Steven Gerrard, or he will leave. He has also called upon them to meet their many promises, or he will leave. Rafa knows the club lies on the edge of a financial precipice and has made demands that he knows sound impossible given the level of debt.

During his six years at the club he has spent some £210 million on 49 players, whilst bringing in some £125 million for 80 players.

With the news that Rafa is now saying he needs at least six new players to challenge for fourth, it would seem that Rafa has spent quite poorly over his time in charge. To say he needs six players for a decent team after six years in charge is nothing short of Benitez admitting wasting Liverpool's money.

The biggest rise, however, has come in the wages bracket at the club, where Benitez has almost doubled the club's wage bill since taking over.

* 2004- £66m
    * 2005- £65m
    * 2006- £68m
    * 2007- £75m
    * 2008- £79m
    * 2009- £101m
    * Total- £454

For the second year running KPMG have given a brutal audit on all that is wrong with Liverpool FC, citing "material uncertainty" yet again.

"These conditions indicate the existence of a material uncertainty which may cast doubt on the parent company's ability to continue as a going concern," it said.

Liverpool are on the verge of becoming the next Leeds or Newcastle; the EPL think so, UEFA think so, and KPMG know so. The next two months are vital for the club.

Challenging for the title is gone, keeping Benitez at the club looks less and less likely every day, Fernando Torres has intimated that he wants to leave English football, and Steven Gerrard has just endured his worst ever season in a red shirt.

Liverpool will not earn Champions League money next season, they will not challenge for the league title, their best players could leave, and their manager could go to Italy.

Next year couldn't be any worse than this one, could it?

This article was also published on Premier League Report

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 09, 2010, 12:32:36 PM »
Next year couldn't be any worse than this one, could it?

It can, and it will probably get worse before it gets better. John Aldridge said something today to the effect that this off-season is the most crucial in Liverpool's history. And just for the record, coming 7th means that we have to playa  qualifier for the Europa League, so even qualifying for that isn't guaranteed.

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 09, 2010, 12:41:45 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWiNMAnXz3Y&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cWiNMAnXz3Y&amp;fmt=18</a>

1]; } ?>