April 20, 2024, 07:07:58 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 463353 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #870 on: May 10, 2010, 07:40:01 AM »
Steven Gerrard ready to quit Liverpool - with Man City plotting £40million move
Published 23:00 09/05/10 By Alan Nixon 

Steven Gerrard is ready to wave farewell to Liverpool – with Manchester City making a record £40million bid for the Kop skipper.

Megabucks City’s Arab rulers have given the go-ahead for the capture of the summer and hope to agree a fee and speak to the England star as soon as possible.

Gerrard’s future has been in doubt because of the Anfield club’s financial troubles. City’s up-front money may be too much to refuse for the beleaguered owners.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez could reluctantly accept a sale if he is given assurances that he will get the funds to transform a squad that has missed out on the Champions League.

Benitez put on a bold front yesterday, insisting after the goalless draw at Hull: “If I stay, I’m not thinking about selling Gerrard or Torres.”

Hull 0-0 Liverpool: The Daily Mirror match report 

But when Benitez was asked if Gerrard and striker Fernando Torres wanted to stay he admitted: “That’s a question for them.”

The final word will be with Gerrard, who is 30 in three weeks’ time and has been a Kop idol since his teens.

He would not have Europe’s elite competition at City but he could take on a new challenge and lead them to a title bid.

City are poised to make their bid formal in the next few days but their interest is already known at the top level and the super-rich outfit want to get a ‘marquee’ signing that will make the game take notice.

The title wannabes know Real Madrid are also lurking but fancy their chances of ­outbidding them.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Steven-Gerrard-ready-to-quit-Liverpool-with-Manchester-City-plotting-record-40million-move-for-the-England-star-article420943.html
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 10, 2010, 07:50:54 AM »
How could Gerrard really play for another English club?
I would be surprised if he does.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 10, 2010, 08:11:49 AM »
How could Gerrard really play for another English club?
I would be surprised if he does.

he looks a very frustrated lad
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 10, 2010, 10:25:20 AM »
I'd say a move abroad is more likely...he's already said that he wouldn't play for another English club, but money talks, and you never know.  Looks like he and Torres want Rafa out.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 10, 2010, 10:38:50 AM »
very disappointing season for pool.  i respect the history and tradition of that club so to see them floundering so with all the quality at their disposal you could tell that rafa can no longer motivate the players.   will be an interesting summer.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 10, 2010, 10:59:42 AM »
very disappointing season for pool.  i respect the history and tradition of that club so to see them floundering so with all the quality at their disposal you could tell that rafa can no longer motivate the players.   will be an interesting summer.

All what quality?  I appreciate the kind words but let's not fool ourselves, you not only need quality to make it in today's game, but depth as well.  Not only is our quality few, but we don't even have depth behind those few quality players.  We lack the ability to attract marquee players right now, even if the financial situation was settled who would want to come join this three-ring circus that is the club under Hicks and Gillette?

Our four major buys this past season are as follows: Glen Johnson, Kyriagkos, Aquilani and Maxi Rodriguez.  Arguably the first and last names have shown the most promise.  Kyriagkos is an expensive practice player... not trying to disparage the guy, but he hasn't really adjusted to the English game as of yet.  Same of Aquilani... who has shown some promise, but barely a spark really, in the few full games he's had.

Aside from them... our squad has aged and the younger players haven't progressed under Rafa.  Dirk Kuyt is the hardest working player in England, and one of the most vastly underrated.  In the right system he'd easily be another Arjen Robben, but at Liverpool, now that Alonso is plying his trade in Madrid... if Gerrard isn't feeding him the passes all of his runs tend to be in vain, as we just seem to lack consistent cohesion in the final third.  Benayoun has made me a believer... can't tell me nothing bad about Yossi Benayoun.  Pace, touches, vision with his runs... clinical finishing ability with either foot.  Talent being wasted on this club.

Babel is gifted but brainless... I like and root for the guy, but he's quickly approaching Theo Walcott territory.  Ngog... not sure what to say about him.. maybe not the right situation for him.  I find him to be too complacent with his opportunities.  A lot like Voronin was... except Voronin wasn't complacent  he was profligate... which is why he back in Russia, Ukraine or wherever else he exiled to these days.  Carra old... experienced a resurgence the latter third of the season, resulting in his national call-up... but his best days are a memory now.

Fernando Torres... he deserves his own item.  There is nothing but superlatives where this guy is concerned for me.  Hard worker... doesn't mind tracking back to collect the ball... runs well at defenders... tough with either foot and his head.  Premature to call him a poor man's Bergkamp... but that's who he reminds me of.  All he need is one more digit on his back, the Simon Le Bon haircut and some boxers for shorts and you a Bergkamp doppelganger on your hands.

On the sidelines... if Rafa hasn't already lost these players, it soon coming.  I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but it's not exactly a ringing endorsement at this point.  Might be time to finally admit that we're destined to be only friends at this point and start seeing other people.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:01:39 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #876 on: June 04, 2010, 11:14:49 PM »
Rafa's Liverpool love affair over

Benitez had a warmth for Liverpool that extended beyond the boundaries of Anfield and the club's state-of-the-art Melwood training complex.

The Spanish manager embraced the city, warts and all, during a six-season stay in England's top flight.

When he put pen-to-paper a new four-year contract extension in March 2009, Benitez said: "My heart is with Liverpool.

"I'm delighted to sign this new deal. I love the club, the fans and the city. With a club and supporters like this, I could never say no to staying.

"The club is greatly respected around the world due to its incredible history and tremendous heritage. It is my aim to uphold those values and help create a new chapter in our history."

Now only 15 months on, Benitez himself is history after a dreadful season. His team finished only seventh in the Premier League and suffered early exits from the Champions League, FA Cup and Carling Cup.

Given how much time he has invested in Liverpool tactically, not to mention emotionally, he will be going through a process of self-analysis.

Apart from his family, football is Benitez's life, although he does enjoy chess.

He did seem to try to bring the game to life on the pitch with certain tactics and certain selections that baffled supporters and pundits alike.

Co-owner Tom Hicks recently said Benitez would have a "substantial" transfer budget this summer despite he and George Gillett trying to sell the club.

It has been reported that the funds available to Benitez could be as little as £5million, before selling players, and the futures of Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres and Javier Mascherano are unclear.

In fact, virtually from the day he walked through the Anfield door he has known his spending power is on a different level to his main rivals.

Benitez arrived at Anfield as successor to Gerard Houllier in the summer of 2004 and led Liverpool to two major trophies in his first two seasons - an achievement unmatched by any of his predecessors.

Born in Madrid in April 1960, his playing days were spent largely in the Spanish lower leagues, though he did enjoy a spell at the Real but never made a senior appearance.

Benitez took control of Real Madrid's youth team in 1986. His managerial career began at Valladolid in 1995. Spells at Osasuna, Extremadura and Tenerife followed before he established himself with Valencia.

In just three years at the Mestalla, Benitez managed to break the stranglehold Real Madrid and Barcelona had on Spanish football, winning two Primera Division titles and a UEFA Cup to boot.

He then carved himself into Liverpool folklore in 2005 when they lifted the European Cup with a dramatic victory against AC Milan in Istanbul. That was followed three months later by the UEFA Super Cup.

Benitez's second season on Merseyside saw the FA Cup secured, this time after a penalty shoot-out victory over West Ham in Cardiff.

He reaffirmed his commitment to the club by signing a new four-year deal in June 2006 despite widely publicised interest from abroad.

Benitez again led Liverpool to the Champions League final in May 2007, though this time they went down to AC Milan.

Liverpool have not been able to reach those heights again and it has also been 20 years since they have been crowned kings of England.

Now Benitez is moving on and looking for the next challenge. Could it be Italy and Inter Milan?

Thanks for the good memories Rafa  :beermug:
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #877 on: June 04, 2010, 11:25:39 PM »
allyuh doh worry we go be back soon lol
but we will need a high profile coach if we want tot attract the best foreign players
honestly I didn't want to see Rafa go cause it ain't have much decent options that available right now and I still didn't think it had any good caoches earlier in the season.
it seems like he spent too much time wrangling with the upper management at the Club and just being badminded instead of focusing on his job.
I don't want to see Klinsmann or Mark Hughes period.

Congratulations to Steven Gerrard on being named England skipper for the World Cup.
Would like to see him take that team by the scruff of the neck and march them forward, hopefully he has learnt from the past and not stand idly by and watch an idiotic teamate (Mascherano) get sent off.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 01, 2010, 02:35:21 AM »
Good luck Roy  :beermug:

Liverpool appoint Hodgson
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-appoint-hodgson
liverpoolfc.tv
1st Jul 2010 - Latest News

Roy Hodgson has been appointed the new manager of Liverpool FC.

The 62-year-old former Fulham, Inter Milan and Switzerland manager has agreed terms with the club on a three-year contract and becomes the 18th manager in our history.

He will be unveiled to the world's media this afternoon after overseeing the first day of pre-season training at Melwood.

Hodgson joins us from Fulham, where he guided the Cottagers to the Europa League final in May and was voted Manager of the Year by the League Managers' Association.

He exclusively told Liverpoolfc.tv: "This is the biggest job in club football and I'm honoured to be taking on the role of manager of Britain's most successful football club. I look forward to meeting the players and the supporters and getting down to work at Melwood."

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 02, 2010, 10:52:18 AM »
Yossi joins Chelsea
liverpoolfc.tv
2nd Jul 2010 - Latest News

Liverpool have today completed the transfer of Yossi Benayoun to Chelsea Football Club.

The two clubs last month agreed an undisclosed fee for the player, who joined Liverpool from West Ham in 2007, and the deal has been confirmed this afternoon.

The 30-year-old Israeli international made 134 appearances and scored 29 goals during his three seasons with the Reds. 

A Liverpool spokesman said: "Yossi's departure was agreed between the player and Rafael Benitez a number of weeks ago. Everybody at Liverpool FC wishes him well for the future."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 02, 2010, 09:18:38 PM »
I real sad to see Yossi go... without a doubt one of my favorite players with Liverpool.  As much as I can't stand Chelsea I can't begrudge de man for wanting to go to a winning squad, he not getting any younger and he ent have a title to show for all of his hard work.

Meanwhile de Anfield cupboard only getting more and more bare... sigh  :-[

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 02, 2010, 09:52:01 PM »
Yossi would have flourished under Hodgson, since he is much less restricting in his style...look at what Liverpool let go:  Joe Cole's replacement :(

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 05, 2010, 10:52:28 AM »
Fellas hold tight...some $$$$ will flow in...Hoping it's the Chinese dude over that other Syrian fronter.

Chinese government targets Liverpool deal

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=811854&sec=england&cc=5901

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 05, 2010, 11:07:59 AM »
I real sad to see Yossi go... without a doubt one of my favorite players with Liverpool. 

Never thought I'd hear (read) these words coming from you  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 05, 2010, 12:30:03 PM »
I real sad to see Yossi go... without a doubt one of my favorite players with Liverpool. 

we go take him with open arms. Another boss player that get bull by Rafa, just like Babel, Kuyt, Cisse, Robbie Keane etc.

all this talk about Joe Cole as this great English hope is overstated just as it was during the World Cup.

He really hasn't been the same since his knee injury and his best is past him. Everyone who follow close enough knows this.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: August 05, 2010, 02:18:03 PM »

we go take him with open arms. Another boss player that get bull by Rafa, just like Babel, Kuyt, Cisse, Robbie Keane etc.

all this talk about Joe Cole as this great English hope is overstated just as it was during the World Cup.

He really hasn't been the same since his knee injury and his best is past him. Everyone who follow close enough knows this.

Cole ain't play enough in South Africa to make any kind of judgment.  There's gotta be a reason why man like Terry almost revolt against Capello at the World Cup, so that Cole could play.  Men know what the boy can do. ;)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 05, 2010, 10:19:04 PM »

He real turn around my perspective in the last two years... I eh shame tuh say ah eat well-seasoned crow.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 06, 2010, 02:46:38 AM »
I thought Cole did well last night. He showed very few signs of rustiness, which I was expecting because of:

Cole ain't play enough in South Africa to make any kind of judgment.

Whether he will hold up throughout the season is another thing entirely, but (cliche alert) one game at a time.

The bottom line is that the opposition was sub par, but it was still a good run out, and the team linked up together well, which is a good sign. I'm quietly optimistic about this season. The immediate goal is to get back in the top 4. And the immediate IMMEDIATE goal is to fix up the ownership issue. Not to "get it sold" but to get it sold to the right people. If LFC have learned anything, it's that proper due dillegence is necessary. It has been a strange off season, but the cllub is definitely in a better position than it was a few months ago.

That (Don't call him "Dean") Pacheco is going to be a hell of a player... :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 06, 2010, 06:23:31 AM »

He real turn around my perspective in the last two years... I eh shame tuh say ah eat well-seasoned crow.

Yeah he took a while to settle and appeared to be played out of position quite a bit when he was on the fringe... Not sure if Chelsea is the squad for him though- looks like it might be another bench scene...and at age 30, the next two/three seasons are pretty much his final song before entering the twilight.   
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 06, 2010, 07:10:24 AM »
Liverpool Football Club could surprise a few under Roy Hodgson this season I feel. Once the club's boardroom business is settled and the players are brought in accordingly, as with all deals of this type, it has to be done right, as opposed to quick, and to the right people.

Six offers isn't a bad situation to be in, even if it means waiting until January to really tie up the squad's players, Roy has a plan and the players (now) seem like they are enjoying playing again...

I wish them well...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 11, 2010, 01:15:22 PM »
this thread could use some comic relief...

Gerrard: Cole better than Messi

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2010/August/10/gerrard-cole-better-than-messi/

(GSM) - Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has claimed that his new team-mate Joe Cole is better than Barcelona star Lionel Messi.

The creative duo of Cole and Gerrard are expected shine for the Merseyside club this season as they start their campaign at home to Arsenal on Sunday.

And the Reds skipper admits he has been "shocked" by the Anfield new boy's ability.

Speaking to Match of the Day magazine, Gerrard said: "Messi can do some amazing things, but anything he can do Joe can do as well, if not better. He used to shock us in training by doing footy tricks with a golf ball that most players can't even do with a football.

"I really fancy Joe for the [player of the year] award this season."

Gerrard has admitted that he has been enthused by Roy Hodgson's vision for the future of Liverpool.

The 30-year-old was frequently linked with a move away from Anfield this summer, but he has pledged his future to the club in the light of talks with the former Fulham chief.

"It's a great club and after speaking with Roy Hodgson I'm really pleased to see his plans for the club," he said. "It's a new era now - we must forget about the horror of what happened last season and get this club back to where it belongs, which is the Champions League at the very least."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 11, 2010, 01:37:23 PM »
this thread could use some comic relief...

Gerrard: Cole better than Messi

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2010/August/10/gerrard-cole-better-than-messi/

(GSM) - Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has claimed that his new team-mate Joe Cole is better than Barcelona star Lionel Messi.

The creative duo of Cole and Gerrard are expected shine for the Merseyside club this season as they start their campaign at home to Arsenal on Sunday.

And the Reds skipper admits he has been "shocked" by the Anfield new boy's ability.

Speaking to Match of the Day magazine, Gerrard said: "Messi can do some amazing things, but anything he can do Joe can do as well, if not better. He used to shock us in training by doing footy tricks with a golf ball that most players can't even do with a football.

"I really fancy Joe for the [player of the year] award this season."

Gerrard has admitted that he has been enthused by Roy Hodgson's vision for the future of Liverpool.

The 30-year-old was frequently linked with a move away from Anfield this summer, but he has pledged his future to the club in the light of talks with the former Fulham chief.

"It's a great club and after speaking with Roy Hodgson I'm really pleased to see his plans for the club," he said. "It's a new era now - we must forget about the horror of what happened last season and get this club back to where it belongs, which is the Champions League at the very least."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 12, 2010, 04:17:37 AM »
Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson faces a trial-by-fire as the Reds take on Arsenal in their first match of the new season. Liverpool were twice sunk by the Gunners last season, with a 2-1 defeat at home and a 1-0 defeat at the Emirates. Despite their seventh-place finish last season,

Liverpool enjoyed 17 clean sheets (only Manchester United and Chelsea enjoyed more shut-outs last season). With ten of the 17 recorded at home, and having only lost only three home games last season, Liverpool remain very difficult to beat at Anfield.
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 12, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »
Mascherano wants to leave England, not Liverpool

By Soccernet staff

August 12, 2010

Javier Mascherano has revealed his intention to leave Liverpool is not due to a problem with the club but simply a personal desire to have a change from the English lifestyle.

Mascherano, 26, has made no secret of his wish to leave Anfield, with Inter Milan and Barcelona reportedly interested in acquiring his services. But speaking after Argentina's 1-0 win over Republic of Ireland, Mascherano insisted he has no issue with the Merseyside club - he just wants a new challenge.

"The only thing I want to say is I don't have nothing against the Liverpool supporters, the Liverpool people," he told Sky Sports. "My problem is not to play for Liverpool. I'm very proud to play for Liverpool. It's another thing.

"I said to him (new Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson) that maybe for my life I prefer to change the country, not to change the club - that is the fact. Sometimes you can see all the things that the papers or the press say, but at the end the only thing I can say is thank you to everyone in Liverpool because they supported me all the time, from the beginning until now.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=813802&sec=england&cc=5901

-----------------------------------------------------

Liverpool announce signing of Juve's Poulsen

By Soccernet staff

Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Juventus midfielder Christian Poulsen for a fee of €5.475 million.  Poulsen, 30, joined Juventus from Sevilla in 2008 and made 33 Serie A starts in two seasons in Turin. He also anchored the Denmark midfield in all three of the country's appearances at the World Cup finals.

A statement from Juventus read: "Juventus Football Club can announce that it has completed the agreement with Liverpool FC for the outright transfer of Christian Poulsen for a fee of €5.475 million (£4.5 million) payable in two instalments.

"The fee will further increase by up to €1.2 million depending on his achievements during the contract period.''

Liverpool also confirmed the deal on their official website and revealed that Poulsen has signed a three-year contract with the Reds.

Roy Hodgson has recruited the player as a like-for-like replacement for Javier Mascherano, who revealed on Thursday morning that while he enjoys playing for Liverpool, he is keen to leave England for a new challenge. Both Inter Milan and Barcelona are known to be interested in the Argentina captain.

"It's a very special club both in England and worldwide," Poulsen told sporten.dk. "I'm incredibly happy to have joined.

"We'll see in the coming days what kind of shape I'm in. I obviously trained at Juventus, but as the move to Liverpool drew closer, I wasn't involved in training, and I haven't played the Europa League matches so I would still be available [for Liverpool]."

Poulsen joins Joe Cole, Danny Wilson, Jonjo Shelvey, Fabio Aurelio and Milan Jovanovic in joining Liverpool this summer, and his international colleague Daniel Agger expects him to be a success at Anfield.

"Christian would be a perfect addition to most of the big clubs in Europe, so he will certainly fit in here," Agger said recently. "He is a top player and will make us stronger. We need to have big signings so we can compete and he is one of those players.

"Christian will improve the team. But we need more improvements if we want to be at the top of the league this season."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=813824&sec=transfers&cc=5901

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 15, 2010, 11:04:18 AM »
Good game by Liverpool... if we play like this all season then things may not be as bleak as predicted.  The new players, Jovanovic and Cole in particular played really well for us.  We didn't get the deserved 3 points, but all in all it was a fair result against Arsenal.  We totally shut down Arshavin, Chamakh and Nasri, while looking dangerous ourselves, even with Torres sitting out for precautionary reasons.  Defensively we've gone away from that dotish-ass zonal marking on set pieces, and now have two men on the goal line to help Reina.  Also, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel and Agger are linking up nicely in the back.  Only one game, but I like what I saw... pity it couldn't have been a W instead.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 15, 2010, 01:39:02 PM »
Good game by Liverpool... if we play like this all season then things may not be as bleak as predicted.  The new players, Jovanovic and Cole in particular played really well for us.  We didn't get the deserved 3 points, but all in all it was a fair result against Arsenal.  We totally shut down Arshavin, Chamakh and Nasri, while looking dangerous ourselves, even with Torres sitting out for precautionary reasons.  Defensively we've gone away from that dotish-ass zonal marking on set pieces, and now have two men on the goal line to help Reina.  Also, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel and Agger are linking up nicely in the back.  Only one game, but I like what I saw... pity it couldn't have been a W instead.

Nah, ah doh agree with that part...Nasri for the most part did what he was asked to do, the times that Arsenal was pressing he was the one making things happen from the middle...I think he was the only stand out player for Arsenal today...Eboue and Diaby was not too bad either. For some reason Arshavin always look tired  :-\ but when he on he on. Chamakh need some more time to settle, but you can see he would be a big player for us.

Big Up!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 03:25:09 PM by DeSoWa »
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 15, 2010, 02:38:59 PM »
'Pool looked must more fluent today.  Bye bye zonal marking.  Stevie G looked fresh and eager to wear the shirt again, and Jovanovic looks like he can brings some creativity to the team.  Masch was a real beast today.  I wish he would stay.  Reina was unlucky because he is real class.  That was his 1-in-10 to 15 games mistakes that even great GKs make.  Let's see how we match up against Man City now.

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 16, 2010, 12:46:36 AM »
well played yesterday, however, the team still needs to improve.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 21, 2010, 12:12:32 PM »
Benayoun finally get a team he could score with. *Crap wrong thread* 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 21, 2010, 12:34:05 PM »
Benayoun finally get a team he could score with. *Crap wrong thread* 

steups  :waiting:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

1]; } ?>