April 19, 2024, 02:59:32 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 463191 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1110 on: January 31, 2011, 11:58:29 AM »
allyuh crash liverpool website.

1737: About 10m people went rushing to check the official Liverpool website after that announcement at 1726... and have crashed it completely by the looks of things. We await confirmation of the fee, but Liverpool say it is a club record.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 31, 2011, 12:02:44 PM »
And Stan Collymore just tweeted that Charlie Adam is on his to Liverpool too. I don't really trust him though  :)

Man U tried to hijack this deal.  Sir Alex gave Adams glowing marks after last week's games.  Said he was worth 10 mil pounds.  Read that he saw him as a potential replacement for Scholes.

haha Fergie helped his boy Holloway out... even today we were linked with him and ready to make a 10 million bid...  Fergie prob pocketed a couple million quid

He is a good player but he is not our answer..  we need an attacking midfielder with mobility and a great passing range... Adam is too similar to our midfielders in Fletch, Carrick and Ando...  we need Luka Modric.. guaranteed we will bid alot of money for him this summer

All yuh could try and pry Jenas. He career in d sewers right now.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:16:39 PM by fish »

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 31, 2011, 12:12:14 PM »

1737: About 10m people went rushing to check the official Liverpool website after that announcement at 1726... and have crashed it completely by the looks of things. We await confirmation of the fee, but Liverpool say it is a club record.

From LFC's Head of Content:
Website traffic to www.lfc.tv has gone ballistic. New records set on Saturday have just been doubled in the last hour following Carroll news

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 31, 2011, 12:17:35 PM »
And Stan Collymore just tweeted that Charlie Adam is on his to Liverpool too. I don't really trust him though  :)

Man U tried to hijack this deal.  Sir Alex gave Adams glowing marks after last week's games.  Said he was worth 10 mil pounds.  Read that he saw him as a potential replacement for Scholes.

haha Fergie helped his boy Holloway out... even today we were linked with him and ready to make a 10 million bid...  Fergie prob pocketed a couple million quid

He is a good player but he is not our answer..  we need an attacking midfielder with mobility and a great passing range... Adam is too similar to our midfielders in Fletch, Carrick and Ando...  we need Luka Modric.. guaranteed we will bid alot of money for him this summer

Thought Man U were going to do that last summer.  Redknapp might be loathe to sell though, but every man has his price - even Torres! ;)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 31, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »

From LFC's Head of Content:
Website traffic to www.lfc.tv has gone ballistic. New records set on Saturday have just been doubled in the last hour following Carroll news

look like they now running the 1996 version of liverpool.tv.

maybe they could start playing like back then again now.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 31, 2011, 12:25:45 PM »
6.17pm:: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/31/transfer-window-deadline-day-live#block-204
SSN are still saying they understand Manchester United have matched Liverpool's bid for Blackpool's Charlie Adam.

I think he will choose Liverpool due to playing time... probably likes the idea of the rebuildign of the club etc...

lets just say I wouldnt mind if he went Pool ahead of United... as I said I dont think he is the answer.. he'd help but I rate Carrick, Fletch and Ando as I rate him... we need someone special.. in summer though

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 31, 2011, 12:34:18 PM »
If you're to believe the ticker...then CHarlie Adam has just arrived at Merseyside

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 31, 2011, 12:40:34 PM »
6.17pm:: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/31/transfer-window-deadline-day-live#block-204
SSN are still saying they understand Manchester United have matched Liverpool's bid for Blackpool's Charlie Adam.

I think he will choose Liverpool due to playing time... probably likes the idea of the rebuildign of the club etc...

lets just say I wouldnt mind if he went Pool ahead of United... as I said I dont think he is the answer.. he'd help but I rate Carrick, Fletch and Ando as I rate him... we need someone special.. in summer though

Ferguson like the man, but I am surprised that Adams is the only business he's looked to do during the window.  Then again, Fergie said de man corners alone worth the 10 mil.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 31, 2011, 01:01:14 PM »
Andy Carroll? We give yall £50m and daz what yall do wid it?  :rotfl:

I eh go lie doh...dis is de most exciting deadline day in years  :beermug:

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 31, 2011, 01:12:02 PM »
Drama... I honestly think it is a great buy... the kid is 21.. he has enormous potential, big strong, technically good, can shoot, head , pass

35 million is an investment if he stays for 6-8 seasons..  not bad business and with shirt sales and other revenue ventures that will be made back within 2 seasons

Great move... he's hungry and will give you in every game what Torres gave you for only 2 seasons... Heart (maybe not as much goals as Nando though  ;)  )

He has, but he also has an enourmous ego, forever in trouble, beats up men / women and this will make his already big head swell even more.  I predict an ending in tears for this, he has Barton written all over him tbh.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 31, 2011, 01:13:56 PM »

Hottest young forward in the English game.  Inflated price, if yuh ask me, but that is the norm with English players.  Villa bought Bent for 24 milm, and I think Carroll has more upside potential, if he can knuckle down and not be distracted by the extracurricular.  I'd have gone back with a second bid for Mario Gomes.  We supposedly had a 16 mil bid rejected over the weekend.  He's on fire, is a big target, and is only 25.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 31, 2011, 01:18:49 PM »

Hottest young forward in the English game.  Inflated price, if yuh ask me, but that is the norm with English players.  Villa bought Bent for 24 milm, and I think Carroll has more upside potential, if he can knuckle down and not be distracted by the extracurricular.  I'd have gone back with a second bid for Mario Gomes.  We supposedly had a 16 mil bid rejected over the weekend.  He's on fire, is a big target, and is only 25.

£35m...kinda pricy just for potential...there was a time when that used to buy a ready-made star (Drogba, Berbatov, Torres (for Liverpool), Villa, Dzeko, Benzema, Robben, pretty much anyone). Carroll is a slightly better version of Kenwyne Jones, and he has the touch of a rapist (no pun intended)....when he leaves Liverpool, I doubt they will get more than £20m for him. Good luck though, time for Liverpool to start climbing the table, from next week.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 01:48:56 PM by Ryan »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 31, 2011, 01:33:42 PM »
wait nah...how come man city eh drop no more money yet?

watch dem sign messi in a last minute billion dollar move.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 31, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »
wait nah...how come man city eh drop no more money yet?

watch dem sign messi in a last minute billion dollar move.

they have no more squad spaces, especially international slots...thats why everyone waited until Man City were finished.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 31, 2011, 01:37:30 PM »
Liverpool looking better than a week ago though...Gerrard, Adam, Suarez and Carroll is a decent combo

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: January 31, 2011, 02:34:28 PM »
Imagine Barcelona bought Villa for 34 million pounds.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 31, 2011, 02:46:09 PM »
Official - LIVERPOOL SIGN SUAREZ  :beermug:

Luis Suarez has today completed his transfer from Ajax to Liverpool FC and signed a 5 and a half-year-deal that will keep him at Anfield until 2016.

The club agreed a fee of up to 26.5million Euros with Ajax for the transfer of the Uruguayan international on Friday.

The deal was subject to the completion of a medical, which the player has now passed.

Luis Suarez will wear the No.7 shirt for Liverpool.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 31, 2011, 02:47:37 PM »
If Liverpool part with Torres for one PENCE LESS than de 50 million his buyout clause is...dey rob deyself. Worse yet dey gone and spend 35 million on Carroll.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 31, 2011, 02:48:29 PM »
The Mirror is saying that the Adam deal will not go through...not sure why, but there are still a few hours left..

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 31, 2011, 02:52:52 PM »
The Mirror is saying that the Adam deal will not go through...not sure why, but there are still a few hours left..

This late in the day, only BBC and Sky Sports News are reliable sources.

It may not happen, but both Ian Holloway and Charlie Adam were shown at Blackpool's ground not too long ago on Sky Sports News.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 31, 2011, 02:59:15 PM »
jason scotland rumoured to be back to swansea

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 31, 2011, 03:20:03 PM »

This late in the day, only BBC and Sky Sports News are reliable sources.

It may not happen, but both Ian Holloway and Charlie Adam were shown at Blackpool's ground not too long ago on Sky Sports News.

Blackpool chairman tells Sky Sports he's staying. Sky Sports also reported hearing 'heated exchanges' between Adam, Holloway and de chairman in a meeting a few minutes ago lol

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 31, 2011, 03:39:21 PM »
Now the Times is saying the Adam deal is "100% off."

Even so, it's been a good day. :beermug:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 31, 2011, 04:38:11 PM »
Andy Carroll is one of the best headers of the ball in the EPL, that is for sure. So Torres is gorn I am guessing. Torres like he wanted to leave, but I would have thought it was back to Spain or Italy
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 31, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »
Carroll deal confirmed - 5 and a half year deal  :beermug:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:08:05 PM by boss »

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 31, 2011, 04:59:11 PM »
Both he and Suarez. 5 and 1/2 yr deal.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 31, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »
Both he and Suarez. 5 and 1/2 yr deal.

We still need to splash out another 25 mil on a striker in the summer.  I'd take Llorente or Mario Gomes.  Hopefully, market will not be as inflated.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 31, 2011, 05:12:51 PM »
Apparently Spurs made a last minute bid for Adam which fell through due to lack of time.

Time to go and figure out what all this means for my fantasy football side

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 31, 2011, 05:25:35 PM »
2321: DONE DEAL Liverpool have confirmed that Fernando Torres is now a Chelsea player after the Merseysiders accepted a British transfer record fee for the Spanish international. That fee is thought to be £50m. Big.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 31, 2011, 05:26:17 PM »
Looks like it's a done deal...Torres is now part of the rent boys  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

1]; } ?>