March 28, 2024, 09:05:28 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460046 times)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1200 on: February 07, 2011, 05:41:10 AM »
Torres really don't look good in blue lol

Good victory..but Maxi is a waste lol

allyuh think we go sell Insua and Aquillani or Kenny go give them a chance?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 07, 2011, 10:22:49 AM »
Torres really don't look good in blue lol

Good victory..but Maxi is a waste lol

allyuh think we go sell Insua and Aquillani or Kenny go give them a chance?

Aquilani ent coming back... that much is sure.  He thriving for Juve when he pop dung in the Prem... the game just doesn't suit him in England.  I would wring Agnelli and dem balls and get a good price for him while his stock high this off-season.  As for Insua... tougher call.  The fella puts in a good shift but he hasn't played regularly in two full seasons... and who would he play ahead of anyways?

--------------------------------------

elan... that shit is funny.  Carra did hold him in check nicely... along with Agger.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 07, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
wasn't able to see the game but im glad we pulled out a victory. are there any highlights floating around? cant seem to find any...

edit: nevermind i finally found highlights. great win liverpool!!!

muhahahaha lovely

:devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 12, 2011, 09:14:12 AM »
Game on FSC now... Suarez starting and linking up well with Kuyt early.  Showing some real nice early touches, his control and passing is something we haven't seen at Anfield in some time.

EDIT:

Raul Meireles with another fabulous goal off the half volley ... Liverpool 1:0 Wigan 24'

EDIT: Uneven play for Liverpool after a good start... Liverpool 1:1 Wigan 65'

Offside goal but hard to say Wigan didn't deserve it.

Very uninspired second half so far for 'Pool... disappointing.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 10:26:32 AM by Bakes »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 12, 2011, 10:45:07 AM »

Rodallega tips dat ball? I ent too sure... if he didn't de man was onside
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 12, 2011, 11:00:45 AM »

Yeah he get ah touch on it... very slight deflection if you notice, before it dribble over to Gohouri.  Even the commentators keep talking about the goal being "controversial".  Liverpool played very flat though and Wigan wanted it more... so we have nutten to complain about.

Suarez played very well... hit the front of the far post from a tight angle in the first half, then off the crossbar on a free kick late in the game.  Kenny confused me with his subs... N'gog on for Meireles with half an hour still to play.  Don't really understand that... unless Meireles was hurt.  Then Jovanovic for Kuyt... well in hindsight, I dunno if Kuyt's international cap midweek was a factor.  Otherwise I struggling to understand that sub.

2 points dropped... good as a loss at this stage.  Kudos to Martinez and Wigan, one of my favorite managers in the game today.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 12, 2011, 11:03:35 AM »

Yeah he get ah touch on it... very slight deflection if you notice, before it dribble over to Gohouri.  Even the commentators keep talking about the goal being "controversial".  Liverpool played very flat though and Wigan wanted it more... so we have nutten to complain about.

Suarez played very well... hit the front of the far post from a tight angle in the first half, then off the crossbar on a free kick late in the game.  Kenny confused me with his subs... N'gog on for Meireles with half an hour still to play.  Don't really understand that... unless Meireles was hurt.  Then Jovanovic for Kuyt... well in hindsight, I dunno if Kuyt's international cap midweek was a factor.  Otherwise I struggling to understand that sub.

2 points dropped... good as a loss at this stage.  Kudos to Martinez and Wigan, one of my favorite managers in the game today.

Meireles had to be hurt.. yuh don't sub out ah man who scoring every game so
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 12, 2011, 11:12:46 AM »
hope spurs and sunderland draw......we created nuff chances but ah goe take d point......

if roy was d coach dat game wuz lost
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 16, 2011, 10:05:54 AM »

Kenny Dalglish has been singing the praises of the club’s Academy – and could be set to give one of Liverpool’s rising stars a senior debut tomorrow.

Raheem Sterling has been named in the Europa League squad for the trip to Sparta Prague after King Kenny watched the 16-year-old net five goals during the under 18's emphatic 9-0 thrashing of Southend United in the FA Youth Cup at Anfield.

At 16 years and 71 days, Sterling would become the youngest ever Reds player to appear at senior level should he feature on Thursday, eclipsing the previous record of 16 years and 250 days set by Jack Robinson.

Robinson joins Sterling in the first team party travelling to Prague as do fellow Academy graduates Jonathan Flanaghan and England under-18 captain Conor Coady.

"I wouldn't go and say there are any kids who played in the Youth Cup against Crystal Palace are going to be first team [yet] but the progress at the Academy in the last year and a half has been absolutely fantastic," Dalglish said last month.

"That's great credit to Rafa [Benitez], who brought in Pep Segura, Rodolfo Borrell and Frank McParland. He reorganised the whole Academy and you can see the benefit in the kids now. It's fantastic to see.

"The reserve team's average age has been drastically reduced. Whether we get them through or not, we'd never put that pressure on them, but we're clearly encouraged by the work that's being done there and it's a work in progress."

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/future-is-looking-brighter-and-brighter-under-king

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 17, 2011, 05:29:53 AM »

Kenny Dalglish has been singing the praises of the club’s Academy – and could be set to give one of Liverpool’s rising stars a senior debut tomorrow.

Raheem Sterling has been named in the Europa League squad for the trip to Sparta Prague after King Kenny watched the 16-year-old net five goals during the under 18's emphatic 9-0 thrashing of Southend United in the FA Youth Cup at Anfield.

At 16 years and 71 days, Sterling would become the youngest ever Reds player to appear at senior level should he feature on Thursday, eclipsing the previous record of 16 years and 250 days set by Jack Robinson.

Robinson joins Sterling in the first team party travelling to Prague as do fellow Academy graduates Jonathan Flanaghan and England under-18 captain Conor Coady.

"I wouldn't go and say there are any kids who played in the Youth Cup against Crystal Palace are going to be first team [yet] but the progress at the Academy in the last year and a half has been absolutely fantastic," Dalglish said last month.

"That's great credit to Rafa [Benitez], who brought in Pep Segura, Rodolfo Borrell and Frank McParland. He reorganised the whole Academy and you can see the benefit in the kids now. It's fantastic to see.

"The reserve team's average age has been drastically reduced. Whether we get them through or not, we'd never put that pressure on them, but we're clearly encouraged by the work that's being done there and it's a work in progress."

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/future-is-looking-brighter-and-brighter-under-king

This youth has frightening potential.  Rafa was a bit too cautious with the youth players.  Brought them in, but left too many of them out to dry.  Check out some highlights of this youth in action:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1357850/Raheem-Sterlings-goals-Liverpool-v-Southend--video.html
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:31:51 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: February 17, 2011, 06:11:31 AM »
is good that u guys are investing in the future
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 17, 2011, 07:49:30 AM »
This youth has frightening potential.  Rafa was a bit too cautious with the youth players.  Brought them in, but left too many of them out to dry.  Check out some highlights of this youth in action:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1357850/Raheem-Sterlings-goals-Liverpool-v-Southend--video.html

Thanks for the link...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eh0-kR2cNQo&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Eh0-kR2cNQo&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

Much of that you can chalk up to dreadful defending and I thought the keeper could have done better on the 4th an 5th goals... but even that sentence speaks volumes... 5 goals.  Check the grin on Kenny's face at 1:42... priceless lol

The play of the Southend players aside, he has nice touch and composure and that's something that can be taught, I suppose... but great to see at such a young age.

Here's another vid... check out the cap he hit a man at 1:27... followed by the breed he rest on another at 1:46  :rotfl:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gbDxiKM0c8M&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gbDxiKM0c8M&amp;feature=related</a>

I also like the li'l juggling in this other vid...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WR-moFM_YlE&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WR-moFM_YlE&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

Nothing particularly special, but showcases some of his skill and control.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 17, 2011, 08:17:30 AM »
looks like you guys have a very special player there...  fantastic technique

I read he's born in Jamrock..  pretty sure if he develops into a great footballer England will cap him (for our sake lol)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 17, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »

I read he's born in Jamrock..  pretty sure if he develops into a great footballer England will cap him (for our sake lol)

Yeah the JA's was crowing about him in dey thread... he's already capped as a youth player in England (U-19 I believe), and if he progresses at this rate (especially if Liverpool promotes him in the next year or two) he'll be a senior player.  Much too early to get caught up in the hype, but many are saying that he's reminiscent of Michael Owens.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: February 17, 2011, 12:59:19 PM »
Meireles starts

Raul Meireles has been passed fit to start Liverpool's Europa League last 32, first-leg encounter with Sparta Prague tonight - listen live online from 8pm.

The Portuguese midfielder was forced off against Wigan due to illness, but retains his place in Kenny Dalglish's starting XI in the Czech Republic.

David Ngog, Danny Wilson and Sotirios Kyrgiakos are also in the Reds' line-up as they make three changes from Saturday.

Academy starlet Conor Coady is named on the bench, alongside Joe Cole.

Liverpool team in full: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Maxi, Lucas, Meireles, Aurelio, Kuyt, Ngog. Subs: Gulacsi, Skrtel, Kelly, Cole, Jovanovic, Pacheco, Coady.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/meireles-starts-listen-live-1

Game is being shown live at 3 pm on GOL TV/HD

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: February 17, 2011, 02:58:09 PM »
Very indifferent first half for Liverpool... changes in the line up has clearly affected on-field chemistry and to the naked eye one would not believe that Spartak is the team who's been off since December.  No cohesion thru the middle whatsoever, and Kuyt coming in for heavy criticism in my book, he really ent do a thing on the pitch this first half.  Cole came on after 30 mins for Aurelio... but he coulda come on for Kuyt as far as I concerned.  Tantalizing talk from the commentators of Sterling making his debut... but I think Kenny just trying to expose him and Robinson to the atmosphere.  We need to pick it up... and N'gog in particular need to stop playing small goal and shoot at the damn goal.

EDIT:

Dreadful game... 0-0 fulltime.

Kenny like he was happy fuh de tie... true a lot of regulars didn't play but still.  No Suarez next week... Cup-tied apparently, but talk that Andy Carroll might make his debut.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 04:04:59 PM by Bakes »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 17, 2011, 05:11:22 PM »
Very indifferent first half for Liverpool... changes in the line up has clearly affected on-field chemistry and to the naked eye one would not believe that Spartak is the team who's been off since December.  No cohesion thru the middle whatsoever, and Kuyt coming in for heavy criticism in my book, he really ent do a thing on the pitch this first half.  Cole came on after 30 mins for Aurelio... but he coulda come on for Kuyt as far as I concerned.  Tantalizing talk from the commentators of Sterling making his debut... but I think Kenny just trying to expose him and Robinson to the atmosphere.  We need to pick it up... and N'gog in particular need to stop playing small goal and shoot at the damn goal.

EDIT:

Dreadful game... 0-0 fulltime.

Kenny like he was happy fuh de tie... true a lot of regulars didn't play but still.  No Suarez next week... Cup-tied apparently, but talk that Andy Carroll might make his debut

Unleash the dragon ;D

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: February 17, 2011, 09:51:08 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: you right. cause he would be  the one to add an extra 3 goals on the already six that you will be getting in the next international friendly to make it 9. if he don't play for our national team is not the end of the world,and he is still a Jamaican. we already stack up front. ask jack when is the next match between Jamaica and T&T.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:54:35 PM by jahkingdom »
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 06, 2011, 07:37:51 AM »
Bright start for 'Pool against United so far... but Phil Dowd is the ref.  Although we supposedly have a great record with him officiating, to me he's another Fergie fanboy.  So we'll see how this one goes.

EDIT: 

Injury to Aurelio (hamstring) forces a move to Kyrgiakos, shifting Carra to RB and Johnson to LB.  Johnson was matched up against runs by Berba a couple times on the right... so if United looks to exploit that against Carragher it may prove costly for us.

EDIT:

Suarez just beats thru 5 United defenders inside the box to set the table for Kuyt's simple tap-in...

Liverpool 1:0 Manchester United 34'
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 08:27:09 AM by Bakes »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 06, 2011, 08:04:55 AM »
wow

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 06, 2011, 08:11:32 AM »
Poor Nani...

Liverpool 2:0 Manchester United... (Kuyt 34', 39)

Game growing heated... Carra could have been sent off for a challenge on Nani, Rafael should have been sent off for a deliberate two-footed lunge at Lucas.  Nani's poor day got worse as he had to be stretchered off after Carra's tackle, but not before he got up from the initial challenge to sprint 10-yards to complain to Phil Dowd, before dropping to the ground.  Looked like he exaggerated, but to be fair he was in tears as he was being carried off.

Rafael on the other hand clearly benefitted from Dowd allowing Carragher to stay on... his lead leg on the tackle was a good foot and a half off the ground aiming at Lucas' shin.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 08:26:43 AM by Bakes »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 06, 2011, 08:16:51 AM »
Like Man U need Vinnie Jones to give a half-time speech?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 06, 2011, 08:36:55 AM »
Poor Nani...

Liverpool 2:0 Manchester United... (Kuyt 34', 39)

Game growing heated... Carra could have been sent off for a challenge on Nani, Rafael should have been sent off for a deliberate two-footed lunge at Lucas.  Nani's poor day got worse as he had to be stretchered off after Carra's tackle, but not before he got up from the initial challenge to sprint 10-yards to complain to Phil Dowd, before dropping to the ground.  Looked like he exaggerated, but to be fair he was in tears as he was being carried off.

Rafael on the other hand clearly benefitted from Dowd allowing Carragher to stay on... his lead leg on the tackle was a good foot and a half off the ground aiming at Lucas' shin.

Have to agree both should have been sent off and one decision influenced the other. Maxi was also nasty on Rafael, just before the Lucas tackle and it was missed by Dowd. Never like to see players injured, so I feel for Nanni
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 06, 2011, 08:40:25 AM »

Have to agree both should have been sent off and one decision influenced the other. Maxi was also nasty on Rafael, just before the Lucas tackle and it was missed by Dowd. Never like to see players injured, so I feel for Nanni

Maxi did ketch him with the studs just below the right glutes... but seemed entirely accidental to me.  I agree with you though, that is clearly what set Rafael off.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 06, 2011, 08:48:12 AM »

It's quite possible the first decision mighta even influence rafael's nasty tackle itself.  rafael might notta even responded in kind had Carragher been sent off. Sometimes players get just as angry at the ref "not taking control of the game" as they do at "vicious" play on the field.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 06, 2011, 08:57:48 AM »
Kuyt Hat Trick!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 06, 2011, 09:00:30 AM »
What a day for Kuyt... hat trick 65'.  Whether by industry or sheer luck, his partnership with Suarez is really paying dividends so far.

Carrol to make his debut any minute now.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 06, 2011, 09:12:59 AM »

Maxi did ketch him with the studs just below the right glutes... but seemed entirely accidental to me.  I agree with you though, that is clearly what set Rafael off.

Not sure it was accidental because of his raking action, but say wha! I have to agree with Chow on the possibility of Rafael actions. More about well if he eh calling it, why not, rather than upset at the ref's control. Though I don't agree with the ref not sending off Carrager, I think the ref has done well in terms of consistency
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 06, 2011, 09:15:50 AM »

Not sure it was accidental because of his raking action, but say wha! I have to agree with Chow on the possibility of Rafael actions. More about well if he eh calling it, why not, rather than upset at the ref's control. Though I don't agree with the ref not sending off Carrager, I think the ref has done well in terms of consistency

Rafael was just getting stuck in... Scholes too...  ::)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 06, 2011, 09:29:50 AM »
Suarez is pure poison....too bad Ajax had to let 'im go but ah could see all the liverpool faithful that scorned him for his World Cup transgressions soon warming to his presence and value, if they haven't already.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>