April 25, 2024, 05:10:46 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 464533 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1230 on: March 06, 2011, 09:33:05 AM »
Not sure it was accidental because of his raking action, but say wha! I have to agree with Chow on the possibility of Rafael actions. More about well if he eh calling it, why not, rather than upset at the ref's control. Though I don't agree with the ref not sending off Carrager, I think the ref has done well in terms of consistency

From what I could tell, Maxi's eye was on the ball the whole way... Rafael blood rush tuh he head and he decide to get even with the next red shirt.

At any rate... great result for Liverpool, one of our few truly complete games this season, although Hernandez' goal at the end kinda take a bit of the lustre off.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 06, 2011, 09:34:37 AM »
Suaraze bobolize dem fellas with dat 1st goal.....

Ah feel dat better than rooney bicycle
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 06, 2011, 09:35:37 AM »
congrats.. we were poor , pool were great.. you moved the ball faster and were up for the game and punished us

Carragher's tackle was a red card though..Rafael tackle wasnt nearly as bad.. a yellow was fair but Jamie should have seen red..it was nasty

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 06, 2011, 09:37:54 AM »
Lucas tickin for my midfield HARD.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 06, 2011, 10:02:38 AM »
Suaraze bobolize dem fellas with dat 1st goal.....

Ah feel dat better than rooney bicycle

On the last cut, the ball come off he shin. S*** goal!   ;)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 06, 2011, 10:07:47 AM »
On the last cut, the ball come off he shin. S*** goal!

Yuh sounding Bitter.... ;D
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 06, 2011, 10:24:03 AM »
On the last cut, the ball come off he shin. S*** goal!

Yuh sounding Bitter.... ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl: at both ah allyuh!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 06, 2011, 04:13:29 PM »
Yeah Reds.  No retreat, no surrender.  Dalgish would never play conservative football... nice win.  Ah feting, but still loving this one.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 07, 2011, 07:34:42 AM »

Have to agree both should have been sent off and one decision influenced the other. Maxi was also nasty on Rafael, just before the Lucas tackle and it was missed by Dowd. Never like to see players injured, so I feel for Nanni

Maxi did ketch him with the studs just below the right glutes... but seemed entirely accidental to me.  I agree with you though, that is clearly what set Rafael off.

Not sure it was accidental because of his raking action, but say wha! I have to agree with Chow on the possibility of Rafael actions. More about well if he eh calling it, why not, rather than upset at the ref's control. Though I don't agree with the ref not sending off Carrager, I think the ref has done well in terms of consistency

Ah now see what maxi do de boy....yuh might be right in suggesting dize what set him off.....along with all that had already transpired up to that point.  maxi know what he was doin'....the notion that a man "eye was on the ball the whole way" is what would make a foul "accidental" is pure jackass talk (considering the source, though, I am not surprised).  A man could have he eye on the dam scoreboard and intentionally foul somebody. 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 07, 2011, 08:48:44 AM »
Liverpool - Man U is probably in the top 5 most heated matches at the highest level in Europe... There's alot of pride and history at stake in that match up... a couple bad tackles and some heated exchanges is really just par for the course on a good day...

Suarez was very impressive!!

Kuyt will never get an easier hattrick in his life. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 07, 2011, 11:30:17 AM »
Liverpool - Man U is probably in the top 5 most heated matches at the highest level in Europe... There's alot of pride and history at stake in that match up... a couple bad tackles and some heated exchanges is really just par for the course on a good day...

Suarez was very impressive!!

Kuyt will never get an easier hattrick in his life. 

Doh say dat!  If Suarez continue playin' like he did yesterday....yuh never know.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1241 on: March 08, 2011, 08:17:41 PM »
Well played 'Pool..only blemish was that conceded goal

My Torres tabanca is over now btw  :D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 20, 2011, 11:31:32 AM »
Nice penalty today  ::) ::)
http://i51.tinypic.com/xpv77m.jpg

If that was United we wouldnt hear the end of it

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 20, 2011, 11:52:50 AM »

hahahaha, hear nah, daiz de linesman flag ah seeing on the far side??? what block he vision of dat foul to give dat in de area??? pricelss:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 20, 2011, 12:24:05 PM »

WTF !!!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: March 20, 2011, 12:37:11 PM »

Should we cite this as an example of you "obsessing" over Liverpool as you bitch about in the ManU thread?  The fact is that the ref got the call wrong, but in real speed it was a lot closer than it appears in the photo and the linesman was the one who gave it.

How about that break foot tackle that Evans put down on Holden?  Had to be stretchered off just like Nani... minus the crying and hysterics of course.  No talk about how there's "no place for dem kinda tackles" in football?

Not you who was defending Howard Webb's shit penalty call on Agger against Berbatov?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 20, 2011, 12:55:21 PM »
Na i just laughing at how nobody talking about it and letting it slide...  but its ok United gets all the calls.. enjoy the hunt for 5th... peace out Braga..I mean Bakes

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 20, 2011, 07:31:19 PM »
Na i just laughing at how nobody talking about it and letting it slide...  but its ok United gets all the calls.. enjoy the hunt for 5th... peace out Braga..I mean Bakes

Yeah you right... people does exaggerate the Manu calls thing.  ManU doh get all the calls dey does get 90%... the other 10% is spread among the rest of the "big four". 

I am very hurt by that "5th place" comment.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 21, 2011, 06:19:41 AM »

Yeah you right... people does exaggerate the Manu calls thing.  ManU doh get all the calls dey does get 90%... the other 10% is spread among the rest of the "big four". 

I am very hurt by that "5th place" comment.

Bit tongue in cheek there Bakes, I suspect manu get the most very closely followed by Liverpool.  The ref had another bad game yesterday and showed how weak / indecisive he was, the penalty was a joke, along with the advantage played then pulling it back for a foul, sending off was soft.  Off the top of my head just what I can remember Liverpool should of had Carragher sent off, Gerrard and no penalty, sick to death of it week in week out. 

Mensah's red card was rescinded, Rafa on about how he wants to be Liverpool manager again and won't take a job with one of their big rivals in the interim, while he waits.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 01:43:26 AM by kev »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: April 06, 2011, 06:30:11 PM »
LeBron James to hold minority interest in Liverpool Football Club
By Eric Freeman
Yahoo

Over the past two decades, soccer has become increasingly popular in the United States. Beginning with the 1994 World Cup, American sports fans have steadily come to understand that players are full of engaging style even if there aren't a ton of goals, and that a draw can be just as exciting as a victory. These days, there are enough casual soccer fans that a mid-week broadcast of a Champions League match or a big weekend game between two English Premier League clubs can get a pretty solid TV rating in this country.

In fact, the sport is popular enough here that an athlete investing in a successful soccer club can be seen as a pretty intelligent business decision rather than some questionable entrance into foreign enterprise. So it should not be a terrible surprise that Miami Heat star LeBron James(notes) now owns part of the legendary Liverpool Football Club. From Matthew Futterman for the Wall Street Journal:

The deal between Mr. James and Fenway Sports Group will give Mr. James a minority stake in the soccer club Liverpool, which FSG owns. FSG, which also owns the Boston Red Sox, is partnering with Mr. James's sports-marketing firm, LRMR Branding & Marketing to become the exclusive world-wide representative for Mr. James.

The deal marks the first time that a professional athlete at the top of his game has taken an ownership interest in a team with the size and reach of Liverpool, which is one of the most popular and powerful sports franchises in the world.

It also adds yet another dimension for Boston-based FSG, which became a global operation last October when it bought Liverpool for $488 million. The company was founded as New England Sports Ventures nine years ago after Messrs. Henry and Werner bought the Red Sox and 80% of regional sports channel New England Sports Network. In 2007 Fenway became 50% owner of the Nascar auto-racing team Roush Fenway Racing.

LeBron has said for years that he wants to become a global icon on the order of Michael Jordan. And while reaching that level of fame will probably always depend most on whether or not he becomes an NBA champion several times over, business decisions like this one (and, in a more minor sense, the web cartoon series he premiered Wednesday) position him to reach out to an unprecedented number of fans. In return, he will likely help give Liverpool a larger profile among budding fans of European football in America.

Along with Manchester United, Liverpool is historically the most successful soccer team in the United Kingdom, earning 18 championships at the top level of English football and five European Cup trophies. They've fallen on relatively hard times over the past few seasons, but they are an established brand with worldwide recognition. It's extremely unlikely that LeBron will have any say in the club's policy or day-to-day operations, but, as far as marketing ploys go, this is a smart one.

LeBron's detractors are sure to wonder if continual marketing moves such as this one are distracting LeBron from gaining the competitive spark needed to become the best player on a team that wins multiple championships. These concerns are not without merit, but they'll also continue to follow James around until he reaches that achievement. If that day ever comes, LeBron will want to be well positioned to become the most famous athlete the world has ever seen. This relationship with Liverpool gets him closer to that goal. Taken on its own merits, it's a great decision.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
LeBron James buys stake in Liverpool FC
« Reply #1250 on: April 06, 2011, 06:38:18 PM »
Dunno if this was posted before.....

From the guardian.co

Miami Heat's LeBron James secures minority share in Liverpool• Liverpool regard partnership as key to expanding their brand
• Basketball player is excited over affiliation to club

The basketball star LeBron James has secured a minority stake in Liverpool after cutting a deal with the club's US owner.

Fenway Sports Group, which also owns baseball's Boston Red Sox, has struck an agreement with James's sports-marketing firm, LRMR Branding & Marketing, to be the representative for the controversial Miami Heat player around the world. In return James will become a minority owner in Liverpool. He said he was "excited to be affiliated with this incredible organisation" and looked forward to donning a red shirt and visiting Anfield.

"The first time I stepped on an NBA [National Basketball Association] court I became a businessman," James, 26, told the Wall Street Journal. "This is a great opportunity for me."

Liverpool regard the partnership as key to expanding their brand. The chairman, Tom Werner, said: "There are very few athletes who can match his global reach, appeal and iconic status ... We feel the business opportunities for both working and being identified together in emerging international markets will result in unforeseen opportunities that neither would have been able to realise alone."

In a statement Fenway said it would "aggressively explore global business opportunities for LRMR and LeBron James, future business, marketing, endorsement and philanthropic endeavors all over the globe".

LRMR's chief executive, Maverick Carter, a high-school team-mate of James, said partnering with Fenway would open up international business opportunities for the athlete.

Terms of the deal have not been disclosed but Fenway is expected to earn a small commission on deals it does on James's behalf. The 26-year-old is one of the richest sportsmen in the world, earning $15.8m (£9.7m) from the Miami Heat and an estimated $30m a year from endorsements with companies including McDonald's, Nike, Bubbilicious and Coca-Cola.

A true rags to riches story, James was born in Akron, Ohio in 1984. His mother raised him on her own after his ex-convict father left them. Nicknamed "King James" while still in high school, James got his first Nike endorsement before he turned professional.

But James attracted some heat of his own last year after his controversial decision to quit the Cleveland Cavaliers. The move was announced in an hour-long TV show called "The Decision" and his former team were told minutes before the show was aired. Cleveland's owner, Dan Gilbert, called James' decision "selfish", "heartless", "callous" and a "cowardly betrayal". The move was also criticised by NBA commissioner David Stern. "I think that LeBron is a really good guy and he's going to be a great player and I don't think that this particular production showcased him to the best of our abilities," Stern said.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:45:29 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: LeBron James buys stake in Liverpool FC
« Reply #1251 on: April 06, 2011, 07:04:43 PM »
Bakes and "pool fans, allyuh in the money now!!!!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: April 06, 2011, 11:45:03 PM »
Bakes and "pool fans, allyuh in the money now!!!!!!

Ah wonder if he could play midfield?  We have enough 'forwards' fuh now ;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: April 06, 2011, 11:45:52 PM »
Kobe go stake ah claim now for sure..

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: April 11, 2011, 01:29:39 PM »
What happen to the Liverpool fans? 
Carroll just buss City net HARD.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: April 11, 2011, 01:37:54 PM »
Kuyt 2-0
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: April 11, 2011, 01:38:39 PM »
Carroll 3-0

1 minute later

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: April 11, 2011, 01:48:49 PM »
City 3 down and Tevez off after hurting his hamstring.  And Mancini doh have a clue with the man-management.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 11, 2011, 02:05:47 PM »
What happen to the Liverpool fans? 
Carroll just buss City net HARD.

I was liking mihself too much tuh come post.  Great one time by Carroll, off the scramble in the City defense... same too on Kuyt's goal.  Carroll is class though... that second goal, what a deft touch... and sweet cross from Meireles.  The young kid, Flanigan having a terrific debut for Liverpool... especially for an 18-year old going up against the likes of a Tevez and later Balotelli.

As for Tevez... real hard luck scene, early reports are that he thinks he's torn the hamstring.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: April 11, 2011, 03:31:01 PM »
That ball ain't leave the grass after Carroll struck it...serious bullet.  For all the men that say he is one-dimensional, take that.  He is big, strong, holds up the ball great, drops back to support the midfield and can shoot.  The fella has a serious shot on him.  Lucas is really growing on the Anfield faithful.  If only he would score another goal to cap off his tireless displays.  Looks like there is something in the pipeline.  Kenny buss another youngster, and he did not looked overawed at all. Well done Flanagan! Jay Spearing has been great, and seems to be rounding into a legitimnate first team player.  Meireles is cunning and was a great buy.  The defending was great...men in threes around the ball, picking up the runner, and not giving City time to settle on the ball at all.  This looks a totally different team to the start of the season.   Now for we to try to sneak into Europe and buy some players in the summer.  Jose Enrique is on his way already - supposedly signed, sealed and delivered.  Not a bad acquisition at all.  Plenty going forward and solid defender too.  We on the way back up.  King Kenny!

1]; } ?>