April 19, 2024, 03:16:03 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 463093 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1260 on: April 11, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
That ball ain't leave the grass after Carroll struck it...serious bullet.  For all the men that say he is one-dimensional, take that.  He is big, strong, holds up the ball great, drops back to support the midfield and can shoot.  The fella has a serious shot on him.  Lucas is really growing on the Anfield faithful.  If only he would score another goal to cap off his tireless displays.  Looks like there is something in the pipeline.  Kenny buss another youngster, and he did not looked overawed at all. Well done Flanagan! Jay Spearing has been great, and seems to be rounding into a legitimnate first team player.  Meireles is cunning and was a great buy.  The defending was great...men in threes around the ball, picking up the runner, and not giving City time to settle on the ball at all.  This looks a totally different team to the start of the season.   Now for we to try to sneak into Europe and buy some players in the summer.  Jose Enrique is on his way already - supposedly signed, sealed and delivered.  Not a bad acquisition at all.  Plenty going forward and solid defender too.  We on the way back up.  King Kenny!

Really?

Supposedly they looking at Ashley Young too, and Aaron Lennon (from what was said in today's broadcast) as well.

Agree with you on Lucas too... things finally coming into place for him, recent addition to the Brazil mix is a sign that Dunga has seen some progress in his play at Anfield... which itself might be an outgrowth of the steady run he getting the past two seasons.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 11, 2011, 05:03:22 PM »
Sweet game by Liverpool today. They move the ball like Liverpool of old and Man City could not get close to them to even pelt blade. Surez is tears, his intelligent & constant movement  pulled City defenders all over the pitch.  Kuyt is a dam Red Bull on steroids, dam! I bun just watching that man play.
Great performance today
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: April 14, 2011, 08:41:43 AM »

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: April 14, 2011, 01:09:48 PM »
Yeah they had pics on www.liverpoolfc.tv

It wet. Reina own looking a little like Chelsea black and orange kit though.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: April 14, 2011, 02:37:37 PM »
new away kit.

kuyt look like he bout to bust a jock.
http://footballfashion.org/wordpress/2011/04/13/liverpool-fc-adidas-201112-away-kit-jersey/

Fellas, allyuh does make my day here.  Ah cyar leave this site; is real kicks.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
SWO till ah die!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 17, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »
Dreadful, uninspired first half by Liverpool... total one-way traffic in Arsenal's favor and we lucky that the game still scoreless.  We have real issues in defense with injuries to Glen Johnson and now Fabio Aurelio forcing us to start an 18 year old (Flanagan) at RB and play a 17-year old (Robinson) at LB. 

Meanwhile we're conceding too much space and possession to Arsenal in the middle of the pitch an I won't be surprised if the possession stats are somewhere around 70%-30% for Arsenal.  Suarez having a very off day and I'd give him another 20 mins to get sorted out before bringing on Ngog... we lacking real pace and width on the field.  We need this game if we are to have any hope of getting into the Top 4 this season.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: April 17, 2011, 10:22:12 AM »
Bad game progressively getting worse for us.  First Carroll picked up an injury (ankle, and probably knee on the same play), then right on the heels of that Carragher picked up what looks like a horrific injury.  Him and Flanagan collided going for a head ball and the back of Flanagan's head caught him flush on the jaw... he looked like he was knocked out before he even hit the ground.  They've been treating him for the past 10 mins on the field and still no sign of movement.  Very scary... I hope it's not as bad as it seems, but in the least it seems a broken jaw   :-\

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 17, 2011, 11:04:41 AM »
Wow!!!  What a finish.  1-1 fulltime

Fabregas got a soft penalty called on Spearing in the 97' to put Arsenal up 1-0.  Moments ater Kuyt hit the crossbar... then Song fouled Lucas right on the line of the 6-yard box, but the ref ruled that it was 5 inches outside.  Suarez hit the resulting free kick into the wall and on the ricochet Eboue bundled Lucas over in the box for a penalty.  Kuyt converts with literally the last kick of the game to make it 1-1.

Incredible drama.  Even more good news for 'Pool... Carragher is alert and talking in the dressing room.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:07:08 AM by Bakes »

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: April 17, 2011, 11:06:56 AM »
What a finish to the game!

Spearing's challenge on Fabregas showed his inexperience. A more experienced defender would ahve realized that Fabregas would have tried playing for the penalty. It's a good thing that Kuyt bailed Dalglish out of jail, because if Liverpool had lost the game, the media would have begun to question Dalglish relying on such an inexperienced back four.

Arsenal need ah bush bath yes!

:devil:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:08:41 AM by kaliman2006 »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 17, 2011, 11:09:02 AM »
Wow!!!  What a finish.  1-1 fulltime

Fabregas got a soft penalty called on Spearing in the 97' to put Arsenal up 1-0.  Moments ater Kuyt hit the crossbar... then Song fouled Lucas right on the line of the 6-yard box, but the ref ruled that it was 5 inches outside.  Suarez hit the resulting free kick into the wall and on the ricochet Eboue bundled Lucas over in the box for a penalty.  Kuyt converts with literally the last kick of the game to make it 1-1.

Incredible drama.  Even more good news for 'Pool... Carragher is alert and talking in the dressing room.
That was dramatic ending.... very good news for Man.U  :devil:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: April 17, 2011, 11:10:36 AM »
What ah game!  Great discipline from Liverpool.  They seem to be defending even better under Dalgish than Rafa (thanks, Steve Clarke).  Jay Spearing is really looking like a good player.  His workrate is tremendous and he is good going forward.  Unlucky on him to have conceded the penalty.  Men might slay me for this, but Reina is the best keeper int he world right now.  Tough to displace Casillas, but a big part of that is because Casillas is a legend and plays in Spain.  Reina is tremendous.  Ah know Sir Alex watch and salivating over him.  Robinson look at home at left back.  Good to se these youngsters coming through and Dalgish urging them on.  Wenger is ah sore loser!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: April 17, 2011, 11:11:08 AM »

Spearing's challenge on Van Persie showed his inexperience. A more experienced defender would ahve realized that Van Persie would have tried playing for the penalty. It's a good thing that Kuyt bailed Dalglish out of jail, because if Liverpool had lost the game, the media would have begun to question Dalglish relying on such an inexperienced back four.

Nah you can't be serious... Dalglish eh "relying on such an inexperienced back four", he has no choice due to injuries.  The only inexperienced player he started was Flanagan, who aside from knocking out Carra had a very good game.  Krygiakos is a central defender so you can't fault Kenny for bringing on Robinson in place of Aurelio.  And to top it off the back four played extremely well under the circumstances... Spearing is a midfielder and aside from the soft penalty call against him he had a brilliant game, along with Lucas.  Had we lost there would not have been any criticism warranted whatsoever in my book.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: April 17, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »

Spearing's challenge on Fabregas showed his inexperience. A more experienced defender would ahve realized that Fabregas would have tried playing for the penalty. It's a good thing that Kuyt bailed Dalglish out of jail, because if Liverpool had lost the game, the media would have begun to question Dalglish relying on such an inexperienced back four.

i think the defense held their own. they did pretty well overall. roller-coaster of emotions the final 10 mins geez what a finish.

jonjo...smh he seemed like he didnt want to play today.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: April 17, 2011, 11:13:10 AM »

Spearing's challenge on Van Persie showed his inexperience. A more experienced defender would ahve realized that Van Persie would have tried playing for the penalty. It's a good thing that Kuyt bailed Dalglish out of jail, because if Liverpool had lost the game, the media would have begun to question Dalglish relying on such an inexperienced back four.

Nah you can't be serious... Dalglish eh "relying on such an inexperienced back four", he has no choice due to injuries.  The only inexperienced player he started was Flanagan, who aside from knocking out Carra had a very good game.  Krygiakos is a central defender so you can't fault Kenny for bringing on Robinson in place of Aurelio.  And to top it off the back four played extremely well under the circumstances... Spearing is a midfielder and aside from the soft penalty call against him he had a brilliant game, along with Lucas.  Had we lost there would not have been any criticism warranted whatsoever in my book.

Kaliman, you doh watch football; otherwise, you would have known that Johnson and  Kelly are injured, and Carragher and Aurelio got hurt duirn the game.  Stop talking madness for the sake of posting on here.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: April 17, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »

Kaliman, you doh watch football; otherwise, you would have known that Johnson and  Kelly are injured, and Carragher and Aurelio got hurt duirn the game.  Stop talking madness for the sake of posting on here.

I do watch football and acknowledge the mistakes that I made in my last post. I am mature enough to admit when I am wrong, and do not profess to be an expert. If someone points out my error and I see the error in my post then I will acknowledge it.

Everyone can make mistakes and nobody is perfect.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:21:34 AM by kaliman2006 »

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: April 17, 2011, 11:22:13 AM »

Point taken. I stand corrected

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 17, 2011, 11:37:18 AM »

:notworthy: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 17, 2011, 01:34:51 PM »

No scene... Kenny eh beyond reproach, but from my standpoint he damn near close tuh infallible so I defending harder than 10 men defending ah 1 goal lead in de dregs  ;D  :beermug:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 17, 2011, 03:59:29 PM »

No scene... Kenny eh beyond reproach, but from my standpoint he damn near close tuh infallible so I defending harder than 10 men defending ah 1 goal lead in de dregs  ;D  :beermug:

Ah love how men feeling Kenny.  He doing the biz.  All this talk bout Boas signing a pre-contract  worrying me.  Good coach, but if it ain't broken, why fix it?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 17, 2011, 04:13:45 PM »
Ah love how men feeling Kenny.  He doing the biz.  All this talk bout Boas signing a pre-contract  worrying me.  Good coach, but if it ain't broken, why fix it?

Well Kenny is my hero from long time... I tired say how is because of him, Rush and Barnes I became a Liverpool fan.  He was fantastic for us 17-odd years ago, and he's been fantastic since his return.  I read that rumor last night but didn't see it substantiated anywhere so I didn't put too much stock into it.  It would be cruel for them to take the gig away from Kenny in light of the incredible turn-around he's begun to engineer at Anfield.  I say "begun to", because we're still inconsistent and still have a ways to go before we're "right" again... but one or two key signings and we can challenge for the title again.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 17, 2011, 04:25:16 PM »
If you believe what you read (though not from the club itself), he will be offered the job in the next few days, and they're negotiating £££ at this point.  :beermug:

I wasn't a fan of bringing Dalglish back as manager, and I've never been so happy to be wrong.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 17, 2011, 04:48:38 PM »

Well Kenny is my hero from long time... I tired say how is because of him, Rush and Barnes I became a Liverpool fan.  He was fantastic for us 17-odd years ago, and he's been fantastic since his return.  I read that rumor last night but didn't see it substantiated anywhere so I didn't put too much stock into it.  It would be cruel for them to take the gig away from Kenny in light of the incredible turn-around he's begun to engineer at Anfield.  I say "begun to", because we're still inconsistent and still have a ways to go before we're "right" again... but one or two key signings and we can challenge for the title again.
Did you see Wenger and his reaction at the end of the game? it look like to youths grand chargin each other. Wenger with his arm open "what ..what" Dalglish with his arms wide open " what...what wrong with with you" man F@*k you yes..waves hand like get the F@*k out of here with that shit lol

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 17, 2011, 05:19:17 PM »
He is a breath of fresh air similar to how Jose kept everyone on their toes.. Kenny's appointment may sharpen Fergie even more..  but I have been very impressed with his managerial reign so far.. they were classy in wins vs Chelsea away, United home and City home and very admirable recovery today

Next season is going to be crazy with United,Arsenal,Pool,City,Chelsea and Spurs all going for it..  UEFA may have to award an extra spot yes haha

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 17, 2011, 05:41:59 PM »
Did you see Wenger and his reaction at the end of the game? it look like to youths grand chargin each other. Wenger with his arm open "what ..what" Dalglish with his arms wide open " what...what wrong with with you" man F@*k you yes..waves hand like get the F@*k out of here with that shit lol

That's my thing with Wenger... he need to change he name to "Whinger" sometimes.  He does whine too friggin much.  How you go get a soft penalty in the dregs then complain about another soft penalty being called on your team?  steups.

I like him but he too bias when he ready.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 17, 2011, 06:18:04 PM »

hahaha i just see it, that was funny, wenger like a f**king baby  :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 23, 2011, 09:39:27 AM »
Dem fellas balling.  Yeah, it's Birmingham, but you gotta beat these teams if you want to say you're a good team.  This is where we've been struggling under Hodgson and Raffa.  They making it look easy.  No Gerrard, no Johnson, Kelly, Aurelio, and Carroll, so this is a good sign of some depth and promise coming through the pipeline.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 23, 2011, 09:41:31 AM »
Good game by Liverpool thus far... 4-0 against Brum 79'... Maxi with a hat trick, Kuyt with the other.  Great games by Lucas and Meireles in midfield, and by Flanagan and Robinson at RB and LB respectively.

EDIT: Tenorsaw we on the same wavelength, lol... I now come and search for the thread to post.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 23, 2011, 09:50:29 AM »
Good game by Liverpool thus far... 4-0 against Brum 79'... Maxi with a hat trick, Kuyt with the other.  Great games by Lucas and Meireles in midfield, and by Flanagan and Robinson at RB and LB respectively.

EDIT: Tenorsaw we on the same wavelength, lol... I now come and search for the thread to post.

Liverpool at heart...that's why we thinking alike  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 23, 2011, 09:58:14 AM »

Liverpool at heart...that's why we thinking alike  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

No doubt...  :beermug:

Even Joe Cole come on and get and lucky tally under he belt.  Birmingham ent no big side but they usually give us fits... I still does see that Cameron Jerome long distance golazo against us last year.  Make Reina look ordinary ordinary.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 23, 2011, 11:21:58 AM »
Well I know if Maxi Rodriguez scores a hattrick (he has not lived up to his full potential since coming to Anfield), then I know that, brain fart last week aside, Kenny must be doing something right.

Dalglish is what made me become a Liverpool fan in the first place. Even though I was a youth (I eh dat old) I would never forget that great side with Barnes, Rush, Beardsley and McMahon. Dey used to play ah nice brand of football.

Ah, the memories...

1]; } ?>