March 28, 2024, 03:13:55 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 459992 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1320 on: May 09, 2011, 03:21:08 PM »

Yeah... he left-footed, and de right usually just fuh balance.  He strike it so pure that even I momentarily fuhget it was he weak foot.  Nine times outta ten he slicing that high and wide.

Didn't know he was left footed.  Didn't he pull the amazing volley out of the air with his right, against Mexico in WC 2006?  If that was his weaker foot....wow!! Come to think of it, left or right foot, that volley was wow!!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 03:27:33 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 09, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »
Didn't know he was left footed.  Didn't he pull the amazing volley out of the air with his right, against Mexico in WC 2006?  If that was his weaker foot....wow!! Come to think of it, left or right foot, that volley was wow!!

Left foot...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9d4zVvjmsOM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9d4zVvjmsOM</a>

If yuh watch him play enough he sure to frustrate yuh fuh by flubbing ah right-footed shot.  Maxi does kick with he right foot de way you and I would kick with we left hand :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 03:41:24 PM by Bakes »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 09, 2011, 03:47:13 PM »
Left foot...

Yeah...what a shot!!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 09, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »
I prefer when United and 'Pool are chasing the EPL title over united and the other teams... :beermug:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 09, 2011, 04:24:36 PM »
Have a few pics with a few fans, but doh expect no pic in front of Fulham FC crest.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: May 09, 2011, 04:35:20 PM »
Fulham pull one back and puttin on some good pressure.

Hats off to Maxi, the speed on that one fooled the keeper.

Haha... ah see yuh edit.. hat trick Maxi strikes again.  7 in the last three games.

I eh watching the game, but allyuh looking/sounding dangerous for next year.

So much of that has to do with players being in form and thing doh... right now we peaking, but ah little too late.  I think what this shows is that we have a very solid foundation going into next season.  Roster needs tweaking... not blowing up, as seemed the case 6 months ago.

Big club is big club and allyuh deserve to be right thre with Utd battling for the title (instead of chelsea, arsenal - dem cud be 3rd and 4th )

I glad for allyuh.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 09, 2011, 04:36:06 PM »
Fulham pull one back and puttin on some good pressure.

Hats off to Maxi, the speed on that one fooled the keeper.

Haha... ah see yuh edit.. hat trick Maxi strikes again.  7 in the last three games.

I eh watching the game, but allyuh looking/sounding dangerous for next year.

So much of that has to do with players being in form and thing doh... right now we peaking, but ah little too late.  I think what this shows is that we have a very solid foundation going into next season.  Roster needs tweaking... not blowing up, as seemed the case 6 months ago.

Big club is big club and allyuh deserve to be right thre with Utd battling for the title (instead of chelsea, arsenal - dem cud be 3rd and 4th )

I glad for allyuh.
:beermug: :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 09, 2011, 04:42:35 PM »

I glad for allyuh.
:beermug: :beermug:

ha ha... allyuh could afford tuh be magnaminous now dat allyuh lock up another trophy and finally pass we eh?  No matter, appreciate de good words still.  Even Giggs say in ah interview yesterday that it was good to finally reel in United's "biggest rivals".  Cream eventually rises to the top... we on we way back.  If we could sneak back into the Top Four (we need to win out, have City lose their remaining three, or draw tomorrow against Spurs and lose two... then have Spurs lose a couple)... we'll be back in the Champions League next season... and flushed with cash to make an even faster return.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 09, 2011, 05:14:03 PM »
not a liverpool fan... but love the way the making the run at the end.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 09, 2011, 05:18:55 PM »

I 2nd that...We even was hearing ridiculas religation talk in Oct/Nov...the team get a proper coach, compose themselves and to top it off.. get 50,000,000 for an out of form player..

dey deserve to play in Europe
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 09, 2011, 05:28:13 PM »
Liverpool has always been  a big club with the utmost pride in their organization. They are experiencing what United had after the 68 Euro. cup victory over Benfica. After that ManU suck salt for over 20 yrs before they won their first league. All that time they watch Liverpool reigned SUPREME in England and Euro. Whatever Manu did to match them Bill Shankley always had an answer for them and Manu had to go back to Old Traford dejected. During that time Manu had to feel the "indignity" of being demoted to D2. Is only when they got Furgie and they had the good fortune or fluke of producing that youth squad with Beckham and company, that is when Manu got back in stride. But Liverpool to me has always been and will always be a thorn in Manu backside. And vice versa. Actually that is way it should be , but without the violence. 18-18 in titles just shows the competitive nature of the 2 clubs.

If Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Spurs can spend money for quality players, the English will be on hard title to win.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 09, 2011, 05:55:18 PM »

I 2nd that...We even was hearing ridiculas religation talk in Oct/Nov...the team get a proper coach, compose themselves and to top it off.. get 50,000,000 for an out of form player..

Wasn't dat ridiculous nah dred... we was 3rd from bottom  :-\

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 10, 2011, 01:07:32 PM »
aye pool!

do us all a favor win d league next year and shut fergie up  :rotfl:

we go handle the years after that ok?

thanks again
the Arsenal

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 10, 2011, 01:29:59 PM »
If the Premier League season started when Dalglish took over, this is what the table would look like:

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 10, 2011, 01:36:25 PM »
If the Premier League season started when Dalglish took over, this is what the table would look like:

yeah and IF arsenal didnt draw all them games ent?

IF  :o :sleepy:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: May 10, 2011, 01:40:35 PM »
City up 1-0 on Spurs at the half... we need City to lose in order to have a shot at 4th  :-X

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 10, 2011, 01:54:03 PM »
well mancini likes to defend  so he might try an thing and defend out the second but that could spell trouble for him

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: May 10, 2011, 02:40:09 PM »

Abramovich must really have money to waste in trute.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 10, 2011, 02:42:48 PM »

Wasn't dat ridiculous nah dred... we was 3rd from bottom  :-\

I was actually beginning to contemplate watching the reds in the *gasp* championship next season during the slump under he who must not be named. I'm glad that that did not happen...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: May 10, 2011, 02:44:11 PM »
Well, it wasn't to be... congrats to City and its fans though, they deserved it.

Foiled by Crouch again!  :devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 10, 2011, 09:16:54 PM »
Would Hodgson have been able to rebound Liverpool if given a chance?

He turned Fulham around, and is turning West Brom around...what happened at Liverpool where he had alot more talent to work with?... Is it that he just didn't have it to manage the bigger egos...or did he just need more time to adjust?  e.g. His first season at Fulham he sucked, then he took to unprecedented highs in England and in Europe... I guess at a team as big as Liverpool, you don't get a full season to figure things out...understandably so I suppose. 

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 10, 2011, 09:24:59 PM »
aye pool!

thanks again
the Arsenal

:devil:
u admit that u cant do the job yourselves?

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: May 10, 2011, 10:34:01 PM »

He turned Fulham around, and is turning West Brom around...what happened at Liverpool where he had alot more talent to work with?... Is it that he just didn't have it to manage the bigger egos...or did he just need more time to adjust?  e.g. His first season at Fulham he sucked, then he took to unprecedented highs in England and in Europe... I guess at a team as big as Liverpool, you don't get a full season to figure things out...understandably so I suppose. 

I dont think he had the buy-in of the players to begin with... nor did he inspire belief with his tactics, or confidence that he knew what he was doing in general.  He might be able to motivate lesser sides but for a club with as huge a pedigree as Liverpool, a manager needs either achievement on his resume or a charismatic personality in order to inspire belief.  Roy had neither.

Also, as I was saying recently to another forumite, it's entirely possible that the Liverpool locker room (that is to say Gerrard and Carra) saw him as an outsider and never really gave him a chance.  I have no basis for saying this though... just argument.  Personally, a manager is at times a field general, you might know your shit but it all comes down to motivating the men under your charge.  At Anfield I just don't think Roy had it.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 11, 2011, 02:13:47 AM »
On twitter (NOT official by any means):

Reports today suggest Liverpool will confirm Kenny Dalglish's permanent deal within 10 days. We expect it'll be after the Villa game 22/5.  :beermug:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 11, 2011, 06:48:00 AM »

I dont think he had the buy-in of the players to begin with... nor did he inspire belief with his tactics, or confidence that he knew what he was doing in general.  He might be able to motivate lesser sides but for a club with as huge a pedigree as Liverpool, a manager needs either achievement on his resume or a charismatic personality in order to inspire belief.  Roy had neither.

Also, as I was saying recently to another forumite, it's entirely possible that the Liverpool locker room (that is to say Gerrard and Carra) saw him as an outsider and never really gave him a chance.  I have no basis for saying this though... just argument.  Personally, a manager is at times a field general, you might know your shit but it all comes down to motivating the men under your charge.  At Anfield I just don't think Roy had it.
yeps,

it it was all down to confidence. None from the players and fans, and for sure that will make u lose confidence in yourself. - not to mention the extra scrutiny from the press.
(Muslim)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: May 11, 2011, 06:52:29 AM »
Liverpool Boys

Congrats on the good end of season run...but may I ask...what is your take with the success of the team without Gerrard on the field.

I find alyuh looking good without him...do you think with him in the squad this turnaround would have happened?

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 11, 2011, 09:04:18 AM »
Liverpool Boys

Congrats on the good end of season run...but may I ask...what is your take with the success of the team without Gerrard on the field.

I find alyuh looking good without him...do you think with him in the squad this turnaround would have happened?

Absolutely... and without a doubt.  First of all, let's not forget that he was part of the turn-around.  He's been in and out of the lineup due to injury, but we started the turnaround (as it were) when we beat ManU at Anfield.  We tend to focus on Gerrard's offensive forays, but he's a tremendously calming presence in midfield.  Not only does he track back relentlessly, but he's always available (as Xabi was) as a release valve when teammates are put under pressure.  Then you consider the threat he poses as a scorer and passer whenever the ball is at his feet and it further underscores the point. 

Now Spearing has done a fabulous job in his absence on the defensive end.  He and Lucas (in particular) have lifted their games beyond what any fan (and possibly the coaching staff) could have imagined.  They have been the keys to why teenagers like Flanagan and Robinson could step into the starting lineup and not be exposed.  You'd also have to credit Carra and Skrtel for helping the youths as well from their central defense positions.  I remember in the Arsenal game how many times Skrtel would be almost on Flanagan's left shoulder anytime Walcott got the ball down the right side.  Back to midfield, Meireles has reigned in his forays into the offensive box in order to lay back and provide cover and support in the middle... and then here at the death Maxi seems to have found his stroke, allowing for us to make that final push for 5th place (and Europa qualification).

The common thread in all of this is that the players have all individually upped their games, be it out of necessity, desperation or newfound belief... that bodes well for us in future because now the squad realizes how well they're capable of playing.  Unless one is advancing the argument that the presence of Gerrard would have been a destabilizing influence or that team chemistry would have been affected... then it only stands to reason that for all their contributions in the middle, Gerrard was infinitely better at the things I credit Spearing, Meireles and Lucas for  This means that his presence would have freed them up to focus more on their individual responsibilities, to go along with all of the other positives he himself would bring.  In my mind it's a no-brainer that we would have been better... but long-term, there's tremendous growth to be had from it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 09:06:54 AM by Bakes »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 11, 2011, 09:19:17 AM »
Lucas was always a great talent at the youth levels, so I was always surprised that he never found his game at Liverpool

Among his peers he was always considered at the head of the pack, and he's considered by many to be a future leader and mainstay in Brazil's senior team...so it's no surprise that he's finally winning over the fans at Anfield. 

I don't watch Liverpool play that much, but when Brazil last played Argentina, I was very very impressed with Lucas...apart from the last minute of the game when Messi broke free and scored, Lucas had him under total and complete manners when they matched up one-on-one.... which we all know is no easy feat. 

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 11, 2011, 09:29:53 AM »
aye pool!

thanks again
the Arsenal
:devil:
u admit that u cant do the job yourselves?
no but we don't have 18 titles to our name and i doubt we can go 6years with nuttin then go 6 years straight to beat that although if we do it would be unfarkinbelievable

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 11, 2011, 11:25:27 AM »
Lucas was always a great talent at the youth levels, so I was always surprised that he never found his game at Liverpool

Among his peers he was always considered at the head of the pack, and he's considered by many to be a future leader and mainstay in Brazil's senior team...so it's no surprise that he's finally winning over the fans at Anfield. 

I don't watch Liverpool play that much, but when Brazil last played Argentina, I was very very impressed with Lucas...apart from the last minute of the game when Messi broke free and scored, Lucas had him under total and complete manners when they matched up one-on-one.... which we all know is no easy feat. 

Good stuff... I never really followed his career outside of Liverpool, basically because since coming to 'Pool he had none.  Whatever promise he showed in the Brazilian national team was never realized at Anfield, and I think that too is reflected in his failure to get caps since joining the team.  Now this I could be wrong on since I haven't seen ever Brazil game in that period, but I don't know of him being called up since joining the squad in 2007.  His recent recall I think is a solid indicator of the work he's put in and accomplished over the course of the past two seasons.  I'm happy for the yute, hard to believe he's still only 24... his future with Liverpool is bright, and I hope that holds true for Brazil going forward as well.

1]; } ?>