March 29, 2024, 04:07:16 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460183 times)

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1410 on: July 17, 2011, 12:31:24 PM »
sadist real brave tuh go in ah Liverpool section and do dat...

all dem years he supporting d wrong team....yuh could see like he realize d shit he doe and he want tuh convert...

...he sit down dey pondering....how to save face....

he lucky dat happen in Malaysia....

tis video should be used everytime we play Manure... ;D

i like this one better!  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2hvZQHt9_K0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2hvZQHt9_K0</a>
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: July 17, 2011, 01:47:41 PM »
He should know better than that.  Put on a plain non-Man U jersey seld nah.  Yuh want to be bold and brave.  He get ah serious rough up and humiliation.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: July 17, 2011, 06:36:28 PM »
TriniMadness...nice video..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  Begbie never seems to disappoint...he was real kicks in Trainspotting too...

Wha movie was that from..?
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 17, 2011, 06:56:27 PM »
TriniMadness...nice video..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  Begbie never seems to disappoint...he was real kicks in Trainspotting too...

Wha movie was that from..?

yea trainspotting is a classic! this was from formula 51. decent movie.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: July 18, 2011, 04:42:25 AM »
yea trainspotting is a classic! this was from formula 51. decent movie.

cheers for dat Tmadness...appreciated...will have a look
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: July 18, 2011, 05:12:11 AM »
It's called The 51st State in some places (the UK) so you might want to look under that name as well.

Also, Liverpool as a city isn't as bad as portrayed in that movie  ;D  :beermug:

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1416 on: August 01, 2011, 09:33:13 AM »
Pre-season game against Valeranga of Norway on FSC 1pm Est

Come on Kenny, time to start playing our 1st XI barring injuries

I think we should keep Aquilani; Stevie G already missing for a month and I'm not convinced on Henderson.
We should just cut our losses on Poulsen, Jovanovic, Degen, Joe Cole etc. Keep Insua and Eggnog unless we getting Enrique and the Korean Young.

On another note, Newcastle has to be the worst run cub in England steups.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 01, 2011, 11:10:38 AM »

I think we should keep Aquilani; Stevie G already missing for a month and I'm not convinced on Henderson.
We should just cut our losses on Poulsen, Jovanovic, Degen, Joe Cole etc. Keep Insua and Eggnog unless we getting Enrique and the Korean Young.

Latest word is that Aquilani on his way to Fiorentina and Jovanovic back to Belgium with Anderlecht.  Ngog is drawing interest from other teams still, I think was Bolton I see express an interest.

As for New Castle... WOW!  That team in an absolute mess... first Carroll then Nolan, now Barton.  Liverpool should really make a push for Jose Enrique now... a bet they could get him now. 

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 01, 2011, 12:34:22 PM »

Latest word is that Aquilani on his way to Fiorentina and Jovanovic back to Belgium with Anderlecht.  Ngog is drawing interest from other teams still, I think was Bolton I see express an interest.

As for New Castle... WOW!  That team in an absolute mess... first Carroll then Nolan, now Barton.  Liverpool should really make a push for Jose Enrique now... a bet they could get him now. 

Newcastle: The Crumbling House.  Ashley is the supposed biggest fan, but he ain't buying a ticket to the lotto at all.  De man not sepnding one cent....still hanging onto that 35 mil from Carroll sale, and doens't seem to really want to dip into the transfer market at all.  Men lining up to leave.  Pardew musta really wanted to get back into mgmt to go there. 

Valerenga 2-1 up after 69'.  I am concerned about the defence...letting in too many goals...not the typical stingy 'Pool defence.  I'd go for Shawcross or Dann.  We know Agger will get hurt again, and Kyriagos is a liability.  Also, spend the money and bring in a proper left back, and give the youngsters time to really develop.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 01, 2011, 12:48:21 PM »
Defense in a absolute mess right now... we get undressed by a simple square ball across the penalty area, right in front of the back four and in front of the defensive midfield.  Johnson had a very poor first half at RB.  We not cohesive enough on defense right now and only ten days or so to fix it.

On a positive note, Aquilani come on and make in immediate mark, first testing the keeper and forcing a great save, then on the ensuing corner he crosses in to Agger for the equalizer.  Also getting my first glimpse of Raheem Sterling.  As I type Aquilani forces another incredible save from the keeper... and on the ensuing corner he crosses to Kuyt, onto Agger for another, this one looks the winner... Liverpool 3-2 89'

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: August 01, 2011, 12:50:42 PM »
Defense in a absolute mess right now... we get undressed by a simple square ball across the penalty area, right in front of the back four and in front of the defensive midfield.  Johnson had a very poor first half at RB.  We not cohesive enough on defense right now and only ten days or so to fix it.

On a positive note, Aquilani come on and make in immediate mark, first testing the keeper and forcing a great save, then on the ensuing corner he crosses in to Agger for the equalizer.  Also getting my first glimpse of Raheem Sterling.  As I type Aquilani forces another incredible save from the keeper... and on the ensuing corner he crosses to Kuyt, onto Agger for another, this one looks the winner... Liverpool 3-2 89'

They say Aquilani has ben our best player this preseason.  Now Milan say they might be interested.  Don't know if we should let him go, but if he is not happy, you can't force him to stay. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 01, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
They say Aquilani has ben our best player this preseason.  Now Milan say they might be interested.  Don't know if we should let him go, but if he is not happy, you can't force him to stay. 

From what I know he wants to be at Liverpool... but we just have an overcrowded mid right now and everybody seems to be looking at him as expendable.  So I think the dissatisfaction isn't on his behalf... unless that's changed in the past month?

Valerenga just equalize on a ridiculous strike by ah li'l Arab.... 3-3 final.

Very uneven performance for Liverpool.  We lacked cohesion all over the place today.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 01, 2011, 12:59:26 PM »

From what I know he wants to be at Liverpool... but we just have an overcrowded mid right now and everybody seems to be looking at him as expendable.  So I think the dissatisfaction isn't on his behalf... unless that's changed in the past month?

Valerenga just equalize on a ridiculous strike by ah li'l Arab.... 3-3 final.

Very uneven performance for Liverpool.  We lacked cohesion all over the place today.

Overcrowded, but he brings a creative spark that is missing.  Cole was supposed to do that last season, but he is MIA.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 01, 2011, 02:09:24 PM »
Overcrowded, but he brings a creative spark that is missing.  Cole was supposed to do that last season, but he is MIA.

I agree... granted showing out against a Malaysian select side and 20 mins against a tired Norwegian squad isn't exactly the best gauge, but he showed real industry in his brief turn on the field today, he tested the keeper twice from distance, each time earning a corner, taking the corner and assisting on one goal as a result, and contributing to another.  Our three new mids were ineffective today, Henderson and Adam today.  Downing only had one or two glimpses, the latter being his near assist to Carroll just before Carroll came off.  It's early still, but very much late in the preseason and on current form both Manu, Chelsea and City appear ahead of us in their preparations.

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 01, 2011, 05:49:03 PM »

I agree... granted showing out against a Malaysian select side and 20 mins against a tired Norwegian squad isn't exactly the best gauge, but he showed real industry in his brief turn on the field today, he tested the keeper twice from distance, each time earning a corner, taking the corner and assisting on one goal as a result, and contributing to another.  Our three new mids were ineffective today, Henderson and Adam today.  Downing only had one or two glimpses, the latter being his near assist to Carroll just before Carroll came off.  It's early still, but very much late in the preseason and on current form both Manu, Chelsea and City appear ahead of us in their preparations.

i feel it will take them a while to settle down. just give adam, henderson and downing some time.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1425 on: August 02, 2011, 12:08:17 PM »

i feel it will take them a while to settle down. just give adam, henderson and downing some time.

Don't think we can afford a slow start this season...it will be a dog fight for the first four spots.  Plus, Man U, Man City, and Chelsea have looked good this preseason, so they could very well get out of the blocks quickly.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1426 on: August 02, 2011, 12:24:38 PM »
Don't think we can afford a slow start this season...it will be a dog fight for the first four spots.  Plus, Man U, Man City, and Chelsea have looked good this preseason, so they could very well get out of the blocks quickly.

Shouldn't Liverpool be focused on getting into Europe rather than the CL. Maybe 5th or 6th place or a League Cup final.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 02, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »

Shouldn't Liverpool be focused on getting into Europe rather than the CL. Maybe 5th or 6th place or a League Cup final.

Leh me ain't bite this bait eh... ;)

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 02, 2011, 03:43:27 PM »

agreed but i think they havent gelled with the team yet. though who knows? maybe man u, man city and chelsea will have those slow starts this time around.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 02, 2011, 06:08:58 PM »
Still nothing official regarding Enrique... Guardian reporting that Liverpool have yet to tender an offer.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:55:12 PM by Bakes »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #1430 on: August 02, 2011, 07:14:57 PM »
Good and necessary signing.

My observations after yesterdays game:

Henderson - He playing too timid and seemed not to want the ball, virtually ineffective playing behind the target man. I want to give Kenny the benefit of the doubt but I just not convinced on Henderson.

Downing - Showed enthusiasm, glimpes of what we expected and should get better.

Adam - Doesn't seem to want to track back, cannot defend and needs to be pushed further up the field in order to be effective.

Aquilani - Good cameo performance but was it just to showcase himself to an Italian club? Would be utter madness to sell him for $8 million though.

Pepe, Kuyt & Spearing - They did what we expected of them.

Johnson - Dire defending. He should be turned into a winger or something.

Carroll - Needs to holdup the ball more and get teamates involved, but then again Henderson was nowhere to be seen.

Shelvey - I think him and Lucas would be our best deep lying midfield pairing in a 4-2-3-1. He has no problem taking up the ball, running forward and tackling back.

Carra & Agger - Both need to get their shit together.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 03, 2011, 07:58:05 AM »
Liverpool should really make a push for Jose Enrique now... a bet they could get him now. 

So said... so done!

Liverpool completes transfer of Newcastle's Jose Enrique

Newcastle have conceded defeat in their attempts to keep Jose Enrique. And that will pave the way for a £5million move to Liverpool to be completed this week.

The two clubs have been in a summer long negotiation over the Spanish left back, after he refused to sign a new deal with the Magpies.

Enrique was fined two weeks' wages after criticising his north east team's lack of ambition, persuading Reds boss Kenny Dalglish to step up his bid to land the defender.

Newcastle know they could lose the player on a free transfer if he enters the final season of his current deal without signing an extension, and now they have accepted the need to cash in.

They will accept a £5million offer from Liverpool, and while the deal is not yet completed, the barriers have now been removed allowing the transfer to progress.

Liverpool will make space for the arrival of the Spaniard, by finally offloading outcast Milan Jovanovic, who has agreed a move to Anderlect, and will complete the transfer after undergoing a medical on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-Newcastle-Jose-Enrique-5million-article780294.html#ixzz1Tv5AvCc7

All still rumor...nothing announced yet.  When he shows up for a physical at Melwood, I'll believe it.  Looks like Chelsea are supposedly in for him too.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 03, 2011, 12:44:56 PM »
Liverpool are building a better future - Mark Lawrenson
By Mark Lawrenson
BBC Match of the Day pundit
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14218622.stm

Liverpool knew they had to begin a rebuilding programme after the disappointments of recent seasons and no-one can doubt that manager Kenny Dalglish and the club's new American owners have made a real statement of intent with their work in the transfer market so far this summer.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said Liverpool are "back on the radar" and I think my old club have a real chance of getting back into the top four and regaining their place in the Champions League.

It started with the instant reinvestment of the £50m received from Chelsea for Fernando Torres on strikers Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll and has continued with the purchases of Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing.

Questions have been asked about the size of the transfer fees paid by the club and the systems and formations that might be employed by Dalglish but I think the bottom line is that Liverpool are on the way towards establishing the squad strength to get back in the top four. This will have been Dalglish's top priority.

With 21-year-old midfielder Henderson, they are buying masses of potential, even though they paid Sunderland £16m for a player whose form faded in the second half of last season.

As I understand it, the club's owners, the Fenway Sports Group, are happy to splash the cash on a player if they get a return for their money and if there is the possibility of good sell-on value.

Henderson, an England international, will grow as a player and grow into the club so could be worth £30m in a couple of years. Yes, we are talking potential but Dalglish is a shrewd judge and has clearly seen something he likes very much.

All the players Liverpool have signed have yet to reach their peak and their arrival will really up the ante in the dressing room, which is exactly what Dalglish will have wanted.

The great run Liverpool had under Dalglish when he took charge of the team masked one of two deficiencies, which came to the surface when they lost their last two games against Tottenham and Aston Villa, but he showed he could pull the players with him.

Now, with the new signings and the emergence of young players like John Flanagan and Martin Kelly, the players will be looking at each other wondering if they will be among the 25 named in the first-team squad for this season.

Adam was described as a big fish in a small pond at Blackpool but, despite suggestions he could be on the fringes at Anfield, I can see him playing regularly.

I am not going to compare Adam with Xabi Alonso but the Scot's range of passing will allow Steven Gerrard to play further forward - and that is where the England international is at his best.

Adam's presence in the team will also be good for Carroll, who will benefit from Adam's accurate diagonal balls to the far post.

As for systems and formations, Dalglish has shown he is prepared to alternate, either by employing three at the back or opting for a 4-4-2 line-up. I think he will play systems to suit occasions and simply wants a squad that will allow him to do that.

Lots of people have said Downing's £20m price tag is too much but he is an important signing because he gives Liverpool the width they have needed for some time. He will also act as another obvious supply line for Carroll's aerial ability.

I spoke to fomer Liverpool midfielder Gary McAllister about Downing recently and he rates him very highly after working with him at Villa Park. McAllister said Villa got an excellent return from him and he is a real team player.

Suarez is the big signing for me, as I've already said. He's got great ability, is very aware of everything, a real team player and a handful to play against.

I don't know Damien Comolli, Liverpool's director of football, but it already looks like he is doing a really good job. I think Dalglish tells him what players he wants and Comolli goes out and tries to get them.

Liverpool have been pretty successful so far, even though they have missed out on one or two players. If they had taken Phil Jones from Blackburn Rovers, people would have been saying the squad was looking really strong.

I think Liverpool can finish fourth. I don't see them in the top three because of the signings Manchester United have made and the calibre of players that Chelsea and Manchester City are likely to sign. But Arsenal still have weaknesses and seem reluctant to spend big, while Spurs missed out on the top four and may lose Luka Modric.

Liverpool also have no European football to contend with. They would love to be in the Champions League but no Europa League action means they do not have to play on a Thursday then a Sunday and can rest players in midweek.

Dalglish has said he is delighted with the work he has done and I would say that is a fair reflection of the mood of cautious optimism around Anfield these days.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 03, 2011, 01:19:36 PM »

All still rumor...nothing announced yet.  When he shows up for a physical at Melwood, I'll believe it.  Looks like Chelsea are supposedly in for him too.

Yeah, still not official... won't say it's a rumor though.  He's supposedly agreed to personal terms with the club, the two teams still working out the final details.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 03, 2011, 04:55:00 PM »
ah feel we could get Joey Barton from Newcastle as well
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 03, 2011, 05:24:54 PM »

We don't need he.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 03, 2011, 06:06:09 PM »

We don't need he.

Yeah, I really eh want no part of Barton mihself.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 03, 2011, 08:08:54 PM »

He is a Liverpudian and is a very good player, but we already have a very crowded midfield roster.  Plus, he brings too much baggage with him.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 03, 2011, 08:19:27 PM »
agreed he aint d most civilized of individuals.but playing for Liverpool alone....he goe change.. ;D but hear nah d boy good at creating goals... he iz ah quality player...

if kenny reading this.....i say give d fella ah chance....

i always believe in giving people chances
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 04, 2011, 03:38:00 AM »
i always believe in giving people chances

He's had chances. Many.

1]; } ?>