March 28, 2024, 11:04:46 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460064 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1590 on: October 16, 2011, 09:07:54 AM »
I saw the back and forth between them yesterday and to be honest, when i saw Evra's reaction to something said it was the first thing that came to my mind that Suarez said something racist.

It was right after the incident when Suarez kicked him by the corner flag and the ref didn't blow. Evra was up in his face and Suarez said something to him and the look on Evra's face was that "get call N word" look.

If true, i hope they make an example of him.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: October 16, 2011, 07:57:33 PM »
Liverpool want Patrice Evra ban if Luis Suárez race claim is groundless

Liverpool's Luis Suárez exchanges words with Manchester United's Patrice Evra
 during the Premier League match at Anfield. Photograph: Andrew Yates/AFP

Liverpool have given their firm backing to Luis Suárez over his denial that he racially abused Patrice Evra at Anfield on Saturday – and want the Manchester United defender to receive a ban from the Football Association should his accusations prove groundless.

The Uruguay international has vehemently denied Evra's allegations that he racially abused him during Liverpool's 1-1 draw with United and will fight to clear his name if the FA decides to open a disciplinary case.

Suárez has also received a show of support from his employers. A Liverpool spokesman said: "Luis is adamant that he has not used language of that nature and the club is totally supportive of the player."

The inquiry will begin with the FA asking to speak to Evra on Monday to ascertain whether he intends to make an official complaint. Evra's accusation is that he was called "a nigger" – the Senegal-born Frenchman said he heard it "at least 10 times" – but Suárez insists it is not true.

"I'm upset by the accusations of racism," he said. "I can only say that I have always respected, and respect, everybody. We are all the same." Liverpool have accepted Suárez's version of events and, given the potential repercussions for their striker if Evra's allegations are proven, believe the France international should have a disciplinary case to answer if allegations of this magnitude are dropped.

Evra, accompanied by Sir Alex Ferguson, asked to see the referee Andre Marriner, after the match to report the alleged incidents and later expressed his anger in an interview with Canal Plus.

"In 2011, there are things you can't say any more," he said. "The referee knows and there will be an investigation. But I don't want to repeat what he said." The interviewer asked if Suárez had used racist words and he replied: "Yes, he did. We can see thanks to the television what he said. He said it at least 10 times. We can read it on his lips."

Evra's complaints have been included in Marriner's match report but the referee has also informed the FA and the Premier League that the first he knew of it was after the match. The two players could be seen exchanging words at various points of the second half but it may count against Evra that he did not raise the alleged offence with Marriner during the game.

On that basis, Evra will almost certainly need back-up statements from his United team-mates if the FA is to decide there is evidence to make a case against Suárez. United would not say if there were witnesses to Evra's allegations but, without them, the authorities may decide it is a case of one man's word against another.

In 2008 Evra was at the centre of accusations that he was racially abused by a groundsman at Chelsea while warming down. But an FA hearing into the allegation – which was made by a Manchester United employee – found that it was not proven. Evra was subsequently banned for four games and fined £15,000 for his part in the post-match altercation with the groundsman. The controversy comes at a particularly bad time given that Saturday's match launched Kick It Out's three-week "One Game, One Community" action programme, with players from both sides wearing anti-racism T-shirts, and every manager through the leagues wearing one of the organisation's badges.

A message was read out before the game saying that Liverpool did not tolerate racism of any form, and there was a message in the club programme, including a telephone number for supporters to report anyone guilty of offences.

Lord Herman Ouesley, the chairman of Kick It Out, said any footballer guilty of racism should face "severe action" both from the FA and the player's club, but "you would have to be able to prove it beyond reasonable doubt".

He added: "There were incidents in the second half and Evra seemed to get very agitated so something was obviously bugging him because he was quite incensed. But if this happened he should have brought it to the attention of the referee at the time."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/16/liverpool-patrice-evra-luis-suarez

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: October 16, 2011, 07:57:54 PM »
No place for racism in the game, regardless of team affinity.  Looked to me like there was some sort of exchange between Evra and Suarez, but he seemed pissed off even befroe kickoff.  Then, he went at Kuyt.  I don't think Suarez would use the "n" word and then try to pat Evra on the back.  But then, the reaction from Evra when Suarez attempted to reconcile afte the referee's lecture to them was one of disgust for something that might have been taken to heart.  Might not have been the normal banter that occurs on the pitch.  I await further developments into the inquiry.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: October 16, 2011, 08:20:15 PM »
Never liked suarez since that WC incident, that piece of sh!t! i believe evra, well let me rephrase that, i really want too believe him, bc saurez is ah dirt bag and i expect any thing from him.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: October 17, 2011, 06:43:15 AM »
Never liked suarez since that WC incident, that piece of sh!t! i believe evra, well let me rephrase that, i really want too believe him, bc saurez is ah dirt bag and i expect any thing from him

Suarez is innocent until proven otherwise
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: October 17, 2011, 08:40:51 AM »
The football field is no sanctuary. 

If you think racist thoughts in life off the field, hurtful things will be said regardless of location. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: October 18, 2011, 12:42:49 PM »
Never liked suarez since that WC incident, that piece of sh!t! i believe evra, well let me rephrase that, i really want too believe him, bc saurez is ah dirt bag and i expect any thing from him

Suarez is innocent until proven otherwise

I said it before and I'll say it again... If Suarez was playing for Trinidad and he hands d ball on d line making we go further in d World Cup, F*** YES I more than happy. He ain't cheat. He use he brains and he reflexes. Rules is rules.

I rel don't unders all d hate from that play by people unless u a strong backer of Ghana football.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: October 18, 2011, 01:07:22 PM »
I said it before and I'll say it again... If Suarez was playing for Trinidad and he hands d ball on d line making we go further in d World Cup, F*** YES I more than happy. He ain't cheat. He use he brains and he reflexes. Rules is rules.

I rel don't unders all d hate from that play by people unless u a strong backer of Ghana football.

I agree with you. Also, he received a punishment that fit the crime. Plus, blocking a ball on the line is a quick and instinctive thing; the allegation that it makes him a cheat makes no sense to me. His celebration afterwards was over the top, but something else entirely.

The real shame about that incident was that it overshadowed Asamoah Gyan, who missed the resulting penalty, but was ballsy enough to step up and take one in the shootout.  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: October 18, 2011, 02:52:31 PM »

I don't care who he's playing cheating for... cheating is cheating and I will never like nor support it.  I don't hate the yute I just don't think what he did has ANY place in the game.  Call me naive/old school if allyuh want, but I believe that how you play the game matters as much as, if more than the game itself.  If that's not the case then we forever cede the right to complain about diving, simulating, man dreads getting pull etc. of any sort.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: October 18, 2011, 02:54:38 PM »
Hillsborough files to finally be released to the public... for over 20 years Liverpool fans have wrongly been smeared and blamed for the disaster why the UK government covered up the police ineptitude which caused the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans.  Everyone who calls themselves an LFC fan needs to know about this incident, and understand why it is important to us as a fan base.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-15339818?utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: October 19, 2011, 09:35:02 AM »

I don't care who he's playing cheating for... cheating is cheating and I will never like nor support it.  I don't hate the yute I just don't think what he did has ANY place in the game.  Call me naive/old school if allyuh want, but I believe that how you play the game matters as much as, if more than the game itself.  If that's not the case then we forever cede the right to complain about diving, simulating, man dreads getting pull etc. of any sort.

I unders wha u sayin Bakes, but he do that once ent? So what about people like Nani, Cristiano, Pedro...I just calling names off the top of my head. But players who constantly simulate. You cah watch them play then because old school or not, it in almost every game on tv. I hate simulation but all I saying is that I don't understate the notion toward Suarez under one incident rather than other players/teams known to cheat, consistently.

To me it contradicting.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: October 26, 2011, 08:46:52 PM »
I unders wha u sayin Bakes, but he do that once ent? So what about people like Nani, Cristiano, Pedro...I just calling names off the top of my head. But players who constantly simulate. You cah watch them play then because old school or not, it in almost every game on tv. I hate simulation but all I saying is that I don't understate the notion toward Suarez under one incident rather than other players/teams known to cheat, consistently.

To me it contradicting.

As contradicting as it might be people have a right to not root for him if they think he's a cheat, same reason I used to love when man kick down Ronaldo.  Suarez playing a dangerous game though, ref refuse to give him anything against Norwich... including a legitimate freekick on a last man foul late in the game.  Getting to the point where his rep preceding him and it could hurt the team.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: October 26, 2011, 08:52:56 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHZVPjf6Pi8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHZVPjf6Pi8</a>

Running out of superlatives to describe Suarez....superb goal versus Stoke today.

heckuva goal... hopefully it gets him going in the League.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: October 26, 2011, 08:58:31 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHZVPjf6Pi8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHZVPjf6Pi8</a>

Running out of superlatives to describe Suarez....superb goal versus Stoke today.

heckuva goal... hopefully it gets him going in the League.

De man daring...fully knew what he was going to do.  Shaking my head.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:03:00 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: October 26, 2011, 09:30:42 PM »
That move reminds me of Romario.  Nice goal.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: October 27, 2011, 07:53:21 AM »
from racist to rapist - the luiz suarez story

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 27, 2011, 08:37:27 AM »
suarez sex d man yes and curl it in d far post....lawd fadder....

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 29, 2011, 06:10:08 PM »
Very good win today... Suarez was at the heart of everything Liverpool did on offense today.  Did everything but put the ball in the back of the net.  Recap and player ratings here.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 30, 2011, 11:14:32 PM »
Very good win today... Suarez was at the heart of everything Liverpool did on offense today.  Did everything but put the ball in the back of the net.  Recap and player ratings here.

Gotta keep racking up dem wins.  Could have been third if we didn't play de fool with Norwich. 

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: November 15, 2011, 08:20:14 AM »
FA delayed by language confusion in Evra-Suárez racism case

Patrice Evra has been informed that he may have difficulty proving he was the victim of racial abuse from Luis Suárez, because of a counter-argument that certain variations of the N-word are not deemed offensive where the Liverpool player grew up, in Uruguay.

The Manchester United defender has accused Suárez of using racist language during a 1-1 draw at Anfield on 15 October and is waiting to discover whether, almost a month later, the Football Association will charge the Liverpool striker with misconduct. Top-level sources at Old Trafford say the offending word was uttered in Spanish and allegedly was a derivative of "negro", with Evra stating that it was used "at least 10 times".

However, Suárez has categorically denied racially abusing the Senegal‑born France player and the FA's investigators are having to consider the different context with which words that would be considered offensive in England are commonly used in Uruguay and other Spanish-speaking countries.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: November 15, 2011, 08:27:30 AM »
I can't understand how "language confusion" can take 6 weeks to investigate. This whole thing is a debacle. It's not fair to either player, and quite frankly, I think the FA is giving this thing lip service without taking it seriously.  :beermug:

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: November 16, 2011, 01:21:42 PM »
Luis Suarez charged with racially abusing Patrice Evra

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has been charged by the Football Association with racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra. The pair clashed during the teams' 1-1 draw at Anfield on 15 October.

Uruguayan Suarez, 24, has denied Evra's claim that he used racist language to the France international.

Following the FA charge, Liverpool said they would remain supportive of Suarez and that he would plead not guilty on his return from international duty.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: November 17, 2011, 12:10:04 AM »
Here's A Look at Both Sides of the issue... including the argument that what Suarez "intended" doesn't matter.  Touches on the situation of Afro-Uruguayans and why the majority white country might be fine with the use of "negrito".
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 12:12:02 AM by Bakes »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: November 18, 2011, 06:44:57 AM »
Gus Poyet accuses Patrice Evra of 'crying like a baby' in racism case

Patrice Evra, the Manchester United defender at the centre of the Luis Suárez racism case, has been accused of overreacting and "crying like a baby" in an astonishing attack by Gus Poyet, a friend of the Liverpool striker.

Poyet's condemnation flies in the face of the Kick It Out campaign's instruction for footballers to report anything they consider to be racial slurs. But the Brighton manager believes Suárez has been harshly treated and his dismay about his fellow Uruguayan being charged by the Football Association manifested itself in an outburst about the behaviour of the alleged victim.

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: November 18, 2011, 09:14:28 AM »
l'pool really got ass-raped here..but then again, its the market..

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-striker-Andy-Carroll-worth-f-all-claims-Newcastle-MD-Derek-Llambias-article829815.html

Toon chief: Carroll is worth 'f*** all'

Derek Llambias, the man who brokered the deal that made Andy Carroll the most expensive Englishman in football history, has sensationally claimed: “He’s worth f*** all!”

The Toon MD’s disparaging verdict on England striker Carroll (below) came when he was giving a group of Newcastle fans an insight into the £35million deal that took the England striker to Liverpool in January.

Llambias insists that Newcastle got the better of the deal.

The Anfield club’s first bid was £30m and Llambias told the fans: “I have to admit that £30m for Andy Carroll is a lot of money.”

When one supporter asked him “Is he worth £30m?” Llambias responded: “No — he’s worth f*** all.” He then explains that after rejecting the £30m offer, Newcastle refused to sell even for £35m unless Liverpool paid the entire fee up front.

A move that forced Liverpool to ask Chelsea to increase their first instalment of the £50m they had already agreed to pay for Fernando Torres!

Llambias explained: “It is about control.

“We had the control. We knew the Torres deal was there.

“We drew that f****** deal, perhaps the ultimate.

“So £30m? F*** off! Don’t waste my time and I slammed the phone down.

“£35m? Everybody including Pardew [manager Alan Pardew] all agreed.

“But the £35m they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike (Ashley) said — and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you — get all the £35m up front.

“We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest.”
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:16:37 AM by mukumsplau »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: November 18, 2011, 10:32:34 AM »
Jury still out on Carroll, but he has age on his side.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1616 on: November 18, 2011, 12:40:43 PM »
I spend a lot of time listening to Tim Vickery on various shows and he always reminds people of the seminal role that Uruguayan football had in the development of football.

Uruguay was the first South American super power winning 6 of the 1st 10 Copa Americas between 1916 and 1926. Also they were the first non-european team to play ijn the Olympics in 1924. This was before anybody even conceive of having a World Cup.

Uruguay dominate both ethe 1924 and 1928 WCs winning at a canter. For the Europeans it must have been like seeing a team of players from Mars come and play. Anyway this was the seed that result in the foundation of the World Cup because Olympic rules prohibited the inclusion of professionals and the Europeans marvelled at the concept of international competition (and wanted to beat this 3rd world country presumably). Lo and behold, even with professionals Uruguay went on to win the first World Cup and again in 1950 not losing a WC match until 1954.

Anyway suffice it to say that Uruguay has a rich history and Suarez stands on the shoulders of past giants of the World game but was unique about Uruguayan football that helped them dominate much bigger rivals Brazil and Argentina and the rest of the World?

The African influence

Uruguay was the first south american nation to include members of their black diaspora in their team, not as equals, but as stars. Jose Leandro Andrade “the black wonder” is legendary as the first world superstar. In fact Vickery writes that for spectators of the 1924 Olympics he would have been the first black player they had ever seen, and he was the best.

I don’t expect Suarez to have this as context for any of his actions, especially when he is a chain-up artist but there is some irony in the best Uruguayan player of today being accused of racism when historically Uruguay were pioneers and lack players played such an important role in Uruguayan and world football development and success.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1617 on: November 18, 2011, 12:45:30 PM »
Found This Site dedicated to Andrade. They have some contemporaries describing his attributes.

As an eyewitness, the legendary German international Richard Hofmann described Andrade, who came from the poorest class in his country and privately was considered a very restless customer: “Uruguay then was the best team in the world. Their star was Andrade. He was a football artist who could simply do anything with the ball. He was a tall guy with elastic movements, who always preferred the direct, elegant game without physical contact and was always ahead with his thoughts by several moves. Andrade was a noticeably fair player. He never reverted to the theatrical interludes of his team-mates, who pinched or rolled on the pitch after fouls in order to achieve an advantage with the referees. Even during the match Andrade always beamed friendly smiles”.

A Dutch journalist enthused after Uruguay’s Olympic victory: “Andrade was such a great player and his colleagues were such aces that you felt sorry to leave the stadium.” On the road to the Olympic gold medal, Andrade suffered a bad injury which later turned out to be far-reaching. In the semi-final match against Italy Andrade crashed into the goalpost during a defensive action and sustained a major eye injury.

Also despite his acceptance in football circles he still suffered the effects of racism in his non-footballing life.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: November 18, 2011, 03:13:30 PM »
I spend a lot of time listening to Tim Vickery on various shows...

Does he do some kind of radio show or podcast you can listen to?
- Xavi

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1619 on: November 18, 2011, 11:32:11 PM »
I spend a lot of time listening to Tim Vickery on various shows...

Does he do some kind of radio show or podcast you can listen to?

He does the World Football Phone-in every Friday night on BBC 5 Live. You can download the podcast here. They also have Shaun Wheelock every two weeks talking about North American football and US players.

He does World Football Daily on a regular basis

1]; } ?>