April 28, 2024, 05:56:13 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 466020 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1740 on: January 26, 2012, 08:55:03 AM »
True was Dowd. I get bazodee when I see the call.
I presume you were talking to your partners in the bar when you were highlighting that same handball...  ::)

Dat eh nutten, game done, take win!

You should assume nothing, especially since it have nutten to do with anything I was talking about.  Instead ah rolling yuh eyes try opening them instead, yuh might actually read what is written that way.  In the thread discussing the inconsistent officiating regarding the Kompany and Johnson tackles, I pointed to the way handballs are called as another example of inconsistent.  The rule states that handballs must be intentional for there to be an infraction.  To me there was no intent by Richards to handle the ball therefore it should not have been given as a penalty. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 26, 2012, 01:17:18 PM »
Howard Webb see a side playing in red and figure it was Man U?
That was a real soft penalty.

I doh find is a soft penalty at all..

As a defender when you diving to intercept shots in the box, you not supposed to be diving with arms flailing.. Arms supposed to be at the side, which is what i think the ref was trying to illustrate after the call. Richards was at fault for that.

John Terry as an example is very good at this, locks his arms to his side before throwing frame to intercept.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 27, 2012, 03:57:09 AM »

As a defender when you diving to intercept shots in the box, you not supposed to be diving with arms flailing.. Arms supposed to be at the side, which is what i think the ref was trying to illustrate after the call. Richards was at fault for that.

John Terry as an example is very good at this, locks his arms to his side before throwing frame to intercept.

I have to disagree with you, boss, this penalty was very harsh.  First off the ball deflected off Richards' foot and onto his hand or arm and that right there warranted better judgment by the referee.  There is no better case of ball-to-hand than that.  Also, it hit his left arm that was right up against his body as opposed to the right one that was reaching out.....and I've also seen JT make the same move.  What you are talking about is when JT is standing frimly on his feet and is in a better/more natural position to put his arms behind his back.....cyah see how Richards (or even John Terry) woulda been able to do that the way he was sliding in to block that shot.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:00:53 AM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 27, 2012, 10:03:01 AM »

I have to disagree with you, boss, this penalty was very harsh.  First off the ball deflected off Richards' foot and onto his hand or arm and that right there warranted better judgment by the referee.  There is no better case of ball-to-hand than that.  Also, it hit his left arm that was right up against his body as opposed to the right one that was reaching out.....and I've also seen JT make the same move.  What you are talking about is when JT is standing frimly on his feet and is in a better/more natural position to put his arms behind his back.....cyah see how Richards (or even John Terry) woulda been able to do that the way he was sliding in to block that shot.

Ok, looked at the highlight again and i actually thought the ball hit his flailing right hand..

Have to admit penalty does look harsh looking at the replay again, but consider what the ref sees in real time. Richards diving in arms out and a sure goal being blocked by his arm.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 28, 2012, 08:57:38 AM »
Fellas, wake up this thread.  Ah know we don't want to be seen as a cup team, but this is good payback for last year's loss at Old Trafford due to non-penalty.  Dalgish look like ah genius with dem subs.  Carroll had a much better 2nd half.  Good flick on to Kuyt.  Carragher cyar displace dem center backs - they solid.  Agger is ah boss on de ball, and seems to have been given free reign to venture forward. 

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 28, 2012, 09:04:29 AM »
True was Dowd. I get bazodee when I see the call.
I presume you were talking to your partners in the bar when you were highlighting that same handball...  ::)

Dat eh nutten, game done, take win!

You should assume nothing, especially since it have nutten to do with anything I was talking about.  Instead ah rolling yuh eyes try opening them instead, yuh might actually read what is written that way.  In the thread discussing the inconsistent officiating regarding the Kompany and Johnson tackles, I pointed to the way handballs are called as another example of inconsistent.  The rule states that handballs must be intentional for there to be an infraction.  To me there was no intent by Richards to handle the ball therefore it should not have been given as a penalty. 

Never thought it was a penalty.

Interesting one today though, 2 footed tackle by Maxi, ref Halsey, goes towards his pocket, seems to see the sub board and changes his mind.  Given whats been said this week, it appears that refs have been told to send off all two footed tackles.  Interesting as to why he appears to change his mind.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: January 28, 2012, 09:09:42 AM »
Good Game Liverpool, too many errors in the back for us in the last 20 especially that douche Evra.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 28, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
Fellas, wake up this thread.  Ah know we don't want to be seen as a cup team, but this is good payback for last year's loss at Old Trafford due to non-penalty.  Dalgish look like ah genius with dem subs.  Carroll had a much better 2nd half.  Good flick on to Kuyt.  Carragher cyar displace dem center backs - they solid.  Agger is ah boss on de ball, and seems to have been given free reign to venture forward. 

Doh worry I not ashamed, trophy is trophy. Dalglish look like a genius only because he do shit with that starting XI.  Carroll played hard all game, happy for the yute that he had a chance to make an impact... and thrilled for Kuyt.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 28, 2012, 12:46:41 PM »

Never thought it was a penalty.

Interesting one today though, 2 footed tackle by Maxi, ref Halsey, goes towards his pocket, seems to see the sub board and changes his mind.  Given whats been said this week, it appears that refs have been told to send off all two footed tackles.  Interesting as to why he appears to change his mind.

Kev I saw that, he started reaching for his right pocket. Not sure which color card it would have been though.  Maxi had two terrible near tackles. The lunge at Valencia from behind on the shot that hit the post was another.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: January 28, 2012, 01:16:25 PM »
Bakes, Not sure myself but he books someone shortly after if I get a chance to see it again, I will keep an eye out which pocket it comes out of, I'm fairly sure that refs keep different colours in different pockets so don't get mixed up, maybe if there is a ref on the board they could confirm.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: January 28, 2012, 10:01:25 PM »
Bakes, Not sure myself but he books someone shortly after if I get a chance to see it again, I will keep an eye out which pocket it comes out of, I'm fairly sure that refs keep different colours in different pockets so don't get mixed up, maybe if there is a ref on the board they could confirm.

From what I noticed in the past they normally keep the yellow in the shirt pocket and the red end either the back pocket or side pants pocket. The thing with Halsey today is that he kept the yellow and his pants pocket as well.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: January 30, 2012, 09:36:18 PM »
Liverpool set to play friendly in Boston as Redsox eye England tour
Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Mon, 02/21/2011 - 02:42
Liverpool are set to play at Fenway Park - which could also see the Boston Redsox play an exhibition game in England.

NESN.com reports Boston's ownership group continues to explore more ways to expand the appeal of their organizations.

President and CEO Larry Lucchino said Saturday that he would like to have Liverpool, the English Barclays Premier League team purchased by the Sox' owners in the fall, to play a friendly match in Fenway by "next summer." That would follow up the match between Celtic FC of the Scottish Premier League and Sporting Clube de Portugal last July.

Also, the owners are wrapping their arms around the idea of sending their baseball team over the pond.

"If baseball wants to invite the Red Sox to play internationally, we're open to that," Lucchino said.

The Sox last played out of the country in 2008, when they opened the regular season with three games in the Tokyo Dome against Oakland.

Who in the tri-state area making this trip to boston if it were to happen? i'm definitely down to go!!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: January 31, 2012, 12:10:29 AM »
Nobody in London going and watch "rounders" lol... I might make dat trip tuh Beantown doh.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: February 11, 2012, 06:51:12 AM »
Suarez is an a$$hole! Liverpool are fools to be supporting this idiot!!!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: February 11, 2012, 06:56:39 AM »
Dowd saving himself for the second half?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: February 11, 2012, 07:54:06 AM »
Suarez is an a$$hole! Liverpool are fools to be supporting this idiot!!!

Have to agree.  Karma is a bitch... 2-0 Rooney.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: February 11, 2012, 08:08:08 AM »
We should sell Suarez in the summer.  That said, Downing is a shadow of himself.  20 mil pounds down de drain.  We missing Lucas; that is obvious.  Enriques struggling for pace vs Valencia.  Not sure Dalgish got the 1st 11 right.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: February 11, 2012, 08:30:56 AM »
Suarez is a cnut.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: February 11, 2012, 08:51:14 AM »
We should sell Suarez in the summer.  That said, Downing is a shadow of himself.  20 mil pounds down de drain.  We missing Lucas; that is obvious.  Enriques struggling for pace vs Valencia.  Not sure Dalgish got the 1st 11 right.

Dred, I can't root for Suarez again... his behavior is deplorable.  Supposedly Evra tried to talk to him in the tunnel and there was some kinda confrontation.  Evra has been the bigger man through all of this, much bigger than Suarez, and much bigger than Dalglish.  Dalglish revived the issue this week by saying Suarez should never have been suspended, then strangely talking about "drawing a line" under the incident... how, by you reviving it??

Then he say that he's confident that Suarez will shake Evra's hand... how did that turn out?  What does it say about your leadership when you support a player so vigorously and then he makes a liar of you and the support you've given him?  All Suarez prove by refusing to shake Evra's hand is that he's every bit the prick other fans have been calling him.

Kenny is quickly proving that he's not the man for the job.  Absolutely right that he didn't get the lineup right.  Suarez alone up front without support in favor of an additional mid in Spearing?  I guarantee you United like how that turn out better.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:52:51 AM by Bakes »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: February 11, 2012, 08:58:04 AM »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: February 11, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »
Bakes, I agree with you, Suarez could of easily been sent off through the week and would of saved all this bother today.  Daglish isn't seeing anything, and his "Shouldn't of been banned" comment was ill advised to say the least, refused to answer questions on prematch conference and only let in TV camera's.  Liverpool have been most neutrels favourites to win a game like today, but many have turned against them and even prefer Manu to win, takes some doing.

I think someone at the club has to get a grip of this and say enough is enough, whether thats the owners or Chief Exec but the nonsense needs to stop.  Even the PFA have not really supported Suarez this week as much, I think it will be less after today.

Can't understand what Liverpool, Daglish & Suarez are expecting to gain by any of this.  He lost one sponsor this week, expect to lose a couple more shortly.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: February 11, 2012, 05:39:33 PM »
Bakes, I agree with you, Suarez could of easily been sent off through the week and would of saved all this bother today.  Daglish isn't seeing anything, and his "Shouldn't of been banned" comment was ill advised to say the least, refused to answer questions on prematch conference and only let in TV camera's.  Liverpool have been most neutrels favourites to win a game like today, but many have turned against them and even prefer Manu to win, takes some doing.

I think someone at the club has to get a grip of this and say enough is enough, whether thats the owners or Chief Exec but the nonsense needs to stop.  Even the PFA have not really supported Suarez this week as much, I think it will be less after today.

Can't understand what Liverpool, Daglish & Suarez are expecting to gain by any of this.  He lost one sponsor this week, expect to lose a couple more shortly.

Well said Kev. About the only thing I can say in Suarez' favor is that some are arguing that Evra refused to offer his hand at first, and video seems to support that to an extent.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/80Oed8OT4vw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/80Oed8OT4vw</a>

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: February 12, 2012, 08:13:19 AM »
John Barnes and Kevin Keegan. Incredible really.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/n4_Im6kq7uY&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/n4_Im6kq7uY&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: February 12, 2012, 08:28:16 AM »
Suarez apologises for not shaking Evra's hand:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/luis-suarez-i-m-sorry

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has today issued the following apology:
"I have spoken with the Manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.
"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.
"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.
"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

----------<>-----------

And a word from the Managing Director:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/ian-ayre-luis-was-wrong

Liverpool Managing Director Ian Ayre has today released the following statement.

"We are extremely disappointed Luis Suarez did not shake hands with Patrice Evra before yesterday's game. The player had told us beforehand that he would, but then chose not to do so.

"He was wrong to mislead us and wrong not to offer his hand to Patrice Evra. He has not only let himself down, but also Kenny Dalglish, his teammates and the Club. It has been made absolutely clear to Luis Suarez that his behaviour was not acceptable.

"Luis Suarez has now apologised for his actions which was the right thing to do. However, all of us have a duty to behave in a responsible manner and we hope that he now understands what is expected of anyone representing Liverpool Football Club."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:35:39 AM by Cantona007 »
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: February 12, 2012, 08:42:31 AM »

Well said Kev. About the only thing I can say in Suarez' favor is that some are arguing that Evra refused to offer his hand at first, and video seems to support that to an extent.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/80Oed8OT4vw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/80Oed8OT4vw</a>

The video does look that way especially in slow motion. Regardless, if Suarez wanted to put everything behind him he should have stood there and let Evra make a move. Suarez really have no class!

PS: How come the League did away with the hand shake thing for Chelski vs QPR, but allowed the ritual for this game?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: February 12, 2012, 08:44:10 AM »
This dude will be gone by the summer, end of!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: February 12, 2012, 09:00:40 AM »

The video does look that way especially in slow motion. Regardless, if Suarez wanted to put everything behind him he should have stood there and let Evra make a move. Suarez really have no class!

PS: How come the League did away with the hand shake thing for Chelski vs QPR, but allowed the ritual for this game?

Maybe because for the QPR game there was the question of whether the players would shake hands. For this game, everything leading up to the game suggested that there would be no such problems.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: February 12, 2012, 09:05:20 AM »
Suarez was very immature, Evra I guess he still upset and didn't handle the situation well.
I like how as Suarez approached Evra the ref was watching like a hawk and moved in quickly to stop Evra from doing anything embarrassing.

Evra almost kill Rio tryin to tackle Suarez.

On the QPR game, looks like when the offender is English the FA will go to great lengths to save face.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: February 12, 2012, 09:12:35 AM »

Maybe because for the QPR game there was the question of whether the players would shake hands. For this game, everything leading up to the game suggested that there would be no such problems.

I don't know and we will probably never get to know, but I suspect from the statements from Liverpool & Suarez the FA & Prem had expected the handshake to take place and probably checked with the clubs, so it went ahead. I would be amazed if there wasn't any talks before it. I suspect in the QPR case the handshake wasn't going to happen and they dodged the hassle / publicity it would cause. 

It may appear Liverpool senior management have finally stepped in to try and put this to bed, a little late in the day and its down to damage limitation now.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: February 12, 2012, 09:27:03 AM »
Kev I thought as much. I am just surprised that the League did not anticipate what may potentially happen, give it is Suarez.

Can't see how some Liverpool fans are using this photo to defend Suarez. Saying that Evra is the one who did not accept his hand immediately.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>