March 28, 2024, 05:11:49 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460007 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #1950 on: April 13, 2012, 02:04:55 AM »
Just hire Cruyff as manager and call it George.

Agreed, they will lock horns but there is certainly a respect and admiration amongst both of them working for a better cause....(a la Liverpool)....

...I think Kenny and Cruyff can work together....

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 04:58:15 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 13, 2012, 09:25:35 AM »
How de blank they go bring in ah man like Cruyff to 'help' Kenny?  If Cruyff come Kenny will (justifiably) be looking over he shoulder.  Just hire Cruyff as manager and call it George.

Better than van Gaal

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: April 14, 2012, 05:57:40 AM »
Arsenal-ish defending!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 14, 2012, 05:59:08 AM »
Arsenal-ish defending!

Yep, Carragher has been a great servant for Liverpool, but he is not up to it anymore. This is a well-deserved lead for Everton.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 14, 2012, 06:09:44 AM »
Now coming online to say Carragher now declining to shithong status.  He needs to retire.  This is mistake # what for the season from him?

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: April 14, 2012, 06:38:43 AM »
Carroll jess missed a gilt-edged chance.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: April 14, 2012, 06:53:11 AM »
another defensive howler

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 14, 2012, 06:53:20 AM »
Distin ketch the Carragher disease. Shocker of an error.

Composed finish from Suarez. 1-1.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 14, 2012, 07:19:01 AM »
Too easy.
Carroll earning his money this game

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 14, 2012, 07:26:01 AM »
:beermug: Buh-bye, Everton  :beermug:

Carroll definitely needs to be more clinical, but other than the chances he didn't put away, I thought he had an excellent match. Probably his best in a red shirt.

On to the cup final and a strong end to the season  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 14, 2012, 08:39:19 AM »
Now coming online to say Carragher now declining to shithong status.  He needs to retire.  This is mistake # what for the season from him?

Blame Carra... or Dalglish?  Not sure wth going on with Kenny line-ups.  Anyways, no FSC in the hotel room and I di'n feel like putting up with buffering feeds just to get my pressure up early in the morning.  Glad to see the club proved me wrong and took proper advantage.  On to the finals now.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 15, 2012, 10:25:13 AM »
First, congratulations to Liverpool fans.

On another note that was one of the worst displays of football I have seen in a long time. No technical quality, smash and grab football at its best.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 16, 2012, 10:25:20 AM »

On another note that was one of the worst displays of football I have seen in a long time. No technical quality, smash and grab football at its best.

So it go with the derbies sometimes.  Yuh could tell that there was some nerves starting off.  The Wembley atmosphere just adds to that too.  I though 'Pool showed more purpose in the 2nd half.  Good impact subs by Dalgish. 

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: April 16, 2012, 11:20:33 AM »

So it go with the derbies sometimes.  Yuh could tell that there was some nerves starting off.  The Wembley atmosphere just adds to that too.  I though 'Pool showed more purpose in the 2nd half.  Good impact subs by Dalgish. 

Agreed. Sometimes teams have to be able to win ugly.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 16, 2012, 01:55:41 PM »
I am glad that Kenny has finally seen the error of his ways.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dalglish admits mistakes on Suarez
April 16, 2012

By ESPN staff

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has admitted he would 'do things differently' if a situation similar to that involving Luis Suarez's ban arose again.

Kenny Dalglish speaks to ESPN

In an exclusive interview with ESPN, the Liverpool boss said that the controversy surrounding the Uruguayan's ban this season had prompted him to think about how he would handle such a scenario in the future.

"I think it would be done completely differently. If it ever happened again, and I hope it wouldn't, it would be done completely differently," the Scot said.

"I wouldn't go saying anything publicly about what I would do differently, but I know what I would do differently. I would address that. If I have done something wrong, I'm not shy in saying I have done something wrong, and if I can do something better I will try and do it better. I think everybody can look at themselves and say 'I could do things much better', and that's what I'll try and do, I certainly hope I wouldn't do things any worse."

The Suarez incident was one of a number of issues discussed by Dalglish, amongst them Liverpool's league form. Despite winning the Carling Cup and now being in the FA Cup final, the Anfield outfit's league displays have fallen short this season.

"There's nobody within Liverpool Football Club that would say the latest run of Premier League games is what we would expect or want, and that's a guideline for us that we want to follow," said Dalglish.

"We want to reach much higher than that and we're capable of going much higher than that, and it's a disappointment for everybody involved. If you're being criticised then fine, you deserve to be, because we're not producing what we should have produced."

Asked what would constitute success under his tenure, Dalglish added: "Seeing the club move forward, and that's not judged purely on cups and results, there are a lot of things that go into that. Yes you want to improve on the pitch and be better, but you want to move the club forward, to where it was before."

Other subjects touched on by Dalglish included the signings of Andy Carroll and Jordan Henderson, and the recent exit of Damian Comolli from Anfield.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1049935/liverpool%27s-kenny-dalglish-admits-mistakes-on-luis-suarez?cc=5901

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: April 22, 2012, 10:59:30 AM »
After all the drama at the top of the table today and with Wolverhampton Wanderers being relegated to the Championship, Roy Hodgson sticks it to his old club once again, winning with his West Brom team at Anfield 1-0.

If I were the Liverpool top brass, I would give King Kenny one season to shape up or ship out. Nothing is wrong with buying local, but you have to buy well. Your signings are simply not good enough. I am getting tired of this...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:04:44 AM by kaliman2006 »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: April 22, 2012, 11:40:02 AM »
Look I didn't even bother... Knicks playing de Hawks on ESPN.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: April 22, 2012, 11:47:55 AM »

Well I guess at least one Merseyside club showed some gumption today...

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: April 22, 2012, 11:53:50 AM »
As I said, Kenny made very poor signings. Liverpool real throw away. Them fellas cyah score a goal unless there is no goalkeeper and defenders around, and even then I am not too sure about that...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hodgson oversees smash-and-grab

Roy Hodgson's West Brom completed the ultimate smash-and-grab raid to record their first win at Anfield for 45 years as Liverpool dominated but dropped yet more points at home.

Had the hosts converted all their chances they would probably have made it into double figures but their season-long goalscoring problems cost them dearly once again.

Baggies manager Hodgson, sacked by Liverpool in January last year after a disappointing six months in charge, will no doubt have taken great satisfaction on his first return to his former club.

Kenny Dalglish, the man who replaced him, will be wondering what his side have to do solve their problems in front of goal after twice hitting the woodwork and having a penalty claim rejected in addition to numerous other opportunities.

But having not broken West Brom's resistance there was always the risk of punishment and it was duly delivered by Peter Odemwingie 15 minutes from time.

Liverpool have now won just one Barclays Premier League game at home in 2012 and scored only six goals in seven matches, and have dropped 27 points at Anfield in the current campaign.

With diving back on the agenda after recent incidents involving Manchester United's Ashley Young, the spotlight was turned on Maxi Rodriguez in the most contentious incident of the first half.

The Argentinian did appear to be caught by Billy Jones as he flicked the ball past him on the edge of the six-yard area but referee Neil Swarbrick waved away penalty appeals.

But Liverpool, without the injured Steven Gerrard, should not have had to rely on the official for a helping hand after a number of chances went begging.

Their previous nine draws and two defeats at home were a direct result of them failing to convert and the first half was almost a re-run of games gone by.

Players seemed to be queuing up to squander opportunities as dominance in possession failed to lead to an end product.

Dirk Kuyt, whose future at Anfield has been the subject of much speculation this week, set the tone in the 10th minute by dragging a shot wide when he had to at least hit the target.

Luis Suarez's cross-shot failed to either test goalkeeper Ben Foster or find a team-mate in the six-yard area and when he did have a shot parried by Foster, the rebound was blazed over by Rodriguez.

In between there was the penalty appeal before Carroll headed wide, Suarez nodded a looping effort on to the roof of the net and Daniel Agger had a close-range shot turned behind.

West Brom were restricted to two chances but had it not been for the brilliance of Jose Reina, returning after a three-match suspension, they would have been ahead.

The Spain international produced an instinctive one-handed save low to his left to stop Chris Brunt's 28th-minute volley before blocking Liam Ridgewell's shot when Graham Dorrans' corner dropped in the six-yard area.

If anything it got worse after half-time as the visitors' defence came under siege yet was never beaten, although that was often down to luck as much as design.

Jordan Henderson began the onslaught by smashing a shot against the crossbar with Foster well beaten, Suarez produced a trademark weaving run along the byline before firing over with Rodriguez also volleying into the Kop from another Carroll knockdown.

Kuyt continued the theme with a shot deflected onto a post by Ridgewell and Carroll both volleyed and headed over.

The Baggies' goal was leading a charmed life with Foster saving from Suarez, Carroll falling over as he tried to force home the rebound and Jay Spearing's shot blocked by Brunt on the line all in the same move before Henderson fired into the side-netting.

But the 75th minute brought the sucker punch which Reds fans who have watched similar games at Anfield this season were probably expecting.

Glen Johnson's attempts to wriggle out of a tight spot deep on the right of defence saw him give the ball away to Mulumbu, who played in Odemwingie to shoot past Reina.

It was only the Baggies' second goal in 12 visits to Anfield - the last coming when Garth Crooks scored in a 4-1 defeat in 1985 - but if Hodgson felt a degree of smugness he did well to hide it as he sat unmoved on the bench.

Still Liverpool's onslaught continued, with Jonas Olsson blocking a certain goal for Carroll and Foster claiming Suarez's narrow-angle shot at the second attempt, and at the final whistle an understandable air of disbelief wafted around Anfield.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=317990&cc=5901

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: April 22, 2012, 01:31:12 PM »

I just check the score.  As I said, I am in favor of Dalgish going.  Legend or no legend.  There are some very good coaches available:  Rafa, Juergen Klopp (he may not leave as Dortmund are in CL again), even Villas-Boas (I feel he going to Inter).  The league performance has been abject, and even an FA cup win should not spare him from being accountable for this season's debacle.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: April 22, 2012, 01:31:44 PM »

I just check the score.  As I said, I am in favor of Dalgish going.  Legend or no legend.  There are some very good coaches available:  Rafa, Juergen Klopp (he may not leave as Dortmund are in CL again), even Villas-Boas (I feel he going to Inter).  The league performance has been abject, and even an FA Cup win should not spare him from being accountable for this season's debacle.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: April 22, 2012, 03:22:19 PM »
I just check the score.  As I said, I am in favor of Dalgish going.  Legend or no legend.  There are some very good coaches available:  Rafa, Juergen Klopp (he may not leave as Dortmund are in CL again), even Villas-Boas (I feel he going to Inter).  The league performance has been abject, and even an FA Cup win should not spare him from being accountable for this season's debacle.

That's really interesting. I have overwhelmingly fond memories of Rafa's time at Liverpool, but I don't want him back.  :beermug:

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: April 28, 2012, 12:12:52 PM »
3pts without Carroll and Skrtel. A Suarez hat trick. No injuries. Good day at the office  :beermug:

(Suarez's 3rd here: http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/golazo-luis-suarez-3-liverpool-v-norwich/)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 12:25:02 PM by boss »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: April 28, 2012, 12:13:28 PM »
Damn, Suarez is daring.  What a way to cap a hattrick.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: April 28, 2012, 12:20:04 PM »
Damn, Suarez is daring.  What a way to cap a hattrick.

That was simply disrespectful from Suarez.

Funny, considering that Suarez missed an easier chance fifteen minutes earlier.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: April 28, 2012, 12:57:57 PM »
Quality player... he would have been perfect for United .. mobility, technique , fighting spirit.. after the cup I started following him during a few Ajax games and to be honest was gutted when Pool got him

he may be a racist bastard but he is quality  ;D

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: April 28, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »
Quality player... he would have been perfect for United .. mobility, technique , fighting spirit.. after the cup I started following him during a few Ajax games and to be honest was gutted when Pool got him

Word is that Sir Alex was interested in Suarez after the World Cup, but not sure if he really followed through with any contact with  agent or club.  Plus, he had already bought Chiquarito, who was coming off a solid Cup.  Maybe, he didn't want to stock up on miniature-sized forwards, although Suarez offers a bit more than just finishing prowess.  Probably a bit craftier than Chiquarito, who is more of a penalty box type of player.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: April 28, 2012, 02:01:11 PM »

Word is that Sir Alex was interested in Suarez after the World Cup, but not sure if he really followed through with any contact with  agent or club.  Plus, he had already bought Chiquarito, who was coming off a solid Cup.  Maybe, he didn't want to stock up on miniature-sized forwards, although Suarez offers a bit more than just finishing prowess.  Probably a bit craftier than Chiquarito, who is more of a penalty box type of player.

His name was mentioned but we are also linked with alot of attacking players... the thing I liked about him was his variation..can play main or 2nd striker in a 4-4-2 .. or wide in a 4-2-3-1 and interchange across the 3

He would have been ideal towards European football with that variation .. but Berba was on form, Rooney was the main man and Chicharito was making a huge impact in his debut season .. and with Welbeck to come in the summer he probably thought we were fine in the department

Can't win them all.. interesting summer for basically every major club

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: April 28, 2012, 05:53:01 PM »

His name was mentioned but we are also linked with alot of attacking players... the thing I liked about him was his variation..can play main or 2nd striker in a 4-4-2 .. or wide in a 4-2-3-1 and interchange across the 3

He would have been ideal towards European football with that variation .. but Berba was on form, Rooney was the main man and Chicharito was making a huge impact in his debut season .. and with Welbeck to come in the summer he probably thought we were fine in the department

Can't win them all.. interesting summer for basically every major club

Yep... I expect Man U to spend about 50 mil pounds.  Chelsea like they already start, and Man City keep complaining that they not deep enough, which is simply f*cking ridiculous.  Plus, tight-wad Wenger will be forced by the Arsenal board to open up his checkbook, and 'Pool have some house cleaning to do.  Then, Real always want man players, Bayern might add a few, and PSG done have they 100 million shopping list.  Juve need a big target man, Milan need to add something as Pato going PSG, I feel.  Plus, Inter need to bring in some young blood. :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 05:55:59 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: April 29, 2012, 10:10:19 AM »
Liverpool will spend at leats $20 mil to shore up the middle, and perhaps add another attacking wing option from what I'm hearing.

As for Suarez, I'm not going to nitpick, but for as much as there was to cheer about his game yesterday, there were other examples of what has ailed him the entire season, including poor decision-making and finishing.  The last goal was simply audacious... incredible cheekiness to attempt, and great technique to execute.  Lost in all of that was how poor of a decision it was to try it... when you had Gerrard streaking all alone in space frantically calling for the pass.  It was a two-one for the Reds with the defender caught in space and uncommitted.  But he scored, so he'll be spared any scrutiny for that decision... just as he'll be for the ridiculous chip he attempted over Ruddy from 15 yards.

The team is playing much better... easily could have been six, with the bar stopping one goal, Shelvey getting flummoxed from point blank by a divot and Suarez going for the chip one on one with the keeper from inside the box.  Makes for an intriguing match up against Chelsea in the FA Cup with both teams playing well.  Torres score 4 goals in 120 mins and people ready to say he back on form... we'll see.  But no denying that his confidence must be up.

1]; } ?>