April 26, 2024, 05:52:25 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 465142 times)

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2340 on: February 12, 2013, 04:05:55 PM »
Liverpool has been in a transitional period for quite a while now, so I had realistic expectations for this season and the speculation over Liverpool finishing fourth was fanciful and premature in my opinion. Despite the inconsistent results, I like what Rodgers is trying to do with the team and I believe that he needs another season with the club in order to begin seeing his philosophy coming to fruition.

What Liverpool needs to do is become "bad mind" like United if it wants to begin challenging for league titles again. When I say "bad mind" I mean winning games that it has no business winning. Many times Utd play very indifferently and yet come away with the 3 points. This is what Liverpool needs to aspire to.

Please "badmind" eh have nutten to do with it.  Ferguson buy a 23-goal scorer to go along with Rooney and Chicharito... an abundance of riches anyway you cut it.  Yes the senior leadership they have allows them to have the right mindset in close game and when trailing at the end of games in particular, but where would all that "bad mind" have them without Van Persie?  Liverpool creates too many chances that go a-begging right now, we need clinical finishers.

As for the rest... Rodgers has the club headed in the right direction, even though defensively we have slipped noticeably.  I didn't expect nothing better than 6th this season... but they played well enough to tease with thoughts of 4th place, and they still might get it... but I ent getting caught up.  On to next season.

I hear what you are saying, but I am sure that you are aware that talent alone does not guarantee success. You can stack a team full of talent; however if they fail to work well together, then they may not play up their fullest potential. Look at Man City. Great case in point. I think that City has a squad that has just as much talent as Utd's and yet sits 12 points behind Utd in the table. I can offer a reason why. Mancini is not as good of a man-manager as Ferguson, and I would even go as far to say that it was only Utd's uncharacteristic wobble that paved the way for City to win the title last season and even then, City almost lost its chance.

What I realize with Ferguson is that he hates to lose and this is why he always pushes to win games, even ones in which Utd has not performed well in. Of course, this competitive spirit has manifested itself in negative ways,with his constant condemnations of the officiating in games Utd has not won, but, like or dislike him, he gets results..

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: February 14, 2013, 02:41:23 PM »
"Hulk SMASH!!!"  :whip:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #2342 on: February 17, 2013, 01:01:17 PM »
Thank goodness for Swansea's upcoming Cup Final at Wembley.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: February 19, 2013, 11:18:21 AM »
If anything like this has been posted before, please accept my apologies....I aint goin thru 70+ pages

I recently had the opportunity and privilege to observe the inner workings of a few of the top (and not so top) clubs in the UK and was really amazed at what I saw.

My take on my Liverpool (Anfield) experience:

Liverpool is one of the biggest and most storied clubs, not only in England, but in Europe and throughout the world. It's history is near unparalleled. For the Liverpool fan, a visit to Anfield supposed to bring out a sense of pride and fulfillment...joy of being privy to this great club. For the neutral man, the man who loves his football, the man who sees football and its associated advances, even the man remotely familiar with the game and its intricacies, Anfield brings about different feelings.

For a club that aspires to once again conquer England and Europe, Anfield leaves a lot to be desired. To put it mildly....Anfield is pathetic. It's facilities are poor, shabby and downright depressing. Don't get me wrong, Liverpool's training facilities are absolutely remarkable and top notch....but games aren't played there are they. Imagine prepping for a date with your gorgeous best girl friend and then having the actual date with a monster. Broken tables in the meeting rooms, a severely cramped press room that has low, HDC-type ceilings, a dressing room that seems plucked straight out of the 70's are the first to grab the eye. The players' tunnel can barely hold the two teams, one dugout houses both teams, separating them only by 2 or 3 feet, wooden seats....Anfield is stuck in the era when Liverpool was dominant. Staff there try to pass off these deficiencies as the club being a traditional one, staying true to its history and the pure love of the game. Truth be told, the club comes off as being cheap and woefully out of date. Hospitality is poor....marketing more so.

I've been to the top clubs in England and I've never seen broken tables in any of them....least of all displayed to the public. It's trophy room and museum are just sad really...poor floor planning, dank and musky....exposed ceiling work.....just pathetic.

A top player cannot be induced to sign for Liverpool if Anfield is used as an attraction....definitely not the modern day footballer who is exposed to infinitely superior facilities.

Why Liverpool has been in such a decline over the years? The answer begins with Anfield. Sure they'll have the odd win and good European run....but their home record gets worse by the season....why? The answer begins at Anfield.

A new stadium is on the horizon for Liverpool.....perhaps that may be the club's saving grace.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: February 19, 2013, 12:21:20 PM »
I feel for Borini... man can't buy a break.  Put in a real nice tackle, showing commitment and fight at a time when 'Pool was already up 5-0 in the 85th minute... only to have the defender he tackled fall on him and dislocating his shoulder.  Even the TV mics picked up his screams as he reached  in pain for the shoulder.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: February 21, 2013, 04:37:06 PM »
So many young players should look at Suarez and see what can be achieved with energy (fitness) and determination. Dat man don't stop moving, harassing and doing anything to score. He Tevez like
but arguably a better finisher. I does get tired just watching him.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: February 21, 2013, 11:48:29 PM »
Suarez is a good player getting better.  The rise in quality around him in the Uruguay set up really spurred his development, and I think he's starting to flourish under Rodgers, now that the other Liverpool players are lifting their game.  The arrival of Sturridge has transformed Liverpool... today's was the first good showing without him on the pitch. 

Liverpool remains a study in frustration and that will continue to be the case until the squad settles... which won't be until after the summer and into the new season.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: February 22, 2013, 07:29:44 AM »
Suarez is a good player getting better.  The rise in quality around him in the Uruguay set up really spurred his development, and I think he's starting to flourish under Rodgers, now that the other Liverpool players are lifting their game.  The arrival of Sturridge has transformed Liverpool... today's was the first good showing without him on the pitch. 

Liverpool remains a study in frustration and that will continue to be the case until the squad settles... which won't be until after the summer and into the new season.

IMHO opinion Suarez shoud lead the line and Sturridge give license to roam.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: February 22, 2013, 09:14:07 AM »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: February 22, 2013, 02:41:14 PM »
IMHO opinion Suarez shoud lead the line and Sturridge give license to roam.

Generally I would defer to your experience and expertise... but not this time.  Sturridge prefers a central role and has flourished under Rodgers since given what he has been asking for since his Manchester City days.  Suarez on the other hand is more of a freelancer.  Watch any Liverpool game from start to finish and at any one point you'll find Suarez playing CAM, RW, LW... up top alone... cutting in from the wing.  Since being 'freed' of the responsibility to lead the line as you say (something he was asked to do under Kenny and the first half of this season) his playmaking has really picked up. 

What I notice now with the addition of Sturridge... or should I say, when Sturridge is on the pitch, is that Suarez is a great deal more comfortable in the role of playmaker, not trying to do everything himself... because of his confidence in Sturridge.  Of course all of this coincides with the improved wing play of Downing and Enrique... and better midfield play thanks to improved form from Henderson and the return of Lucas.  With better depth and more clinica finishing Liverpool will be favorites for a top four finish next season.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: February 22, 2013, 03:52:19 PM »
What you explain is exactly why I say Suarez should lead the line. When he plays in that position he is everywhere, but more importantly he operates close to the penalty area. However, when Sturridge is on the pitch leading the line, Suarez now operates around the half line center circle. Now if he led the line , Sturridge could run off his movement, when Suarez drags defenders out of position or when he hooks wide. Almost using Suarez as a false 9. Even simpler than that why take a player that has 25 goals leading the line and move him into a position where he has to be creative, Suarez for all his qualities is no play maker (per say). Not one of Sturridge goals came from a Suarez assist. Look how he played with Forlan in the Copa America (or how Forlan played with him) and you will get an idea of what I am talking about.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:59:24 PM by Observer »
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: February 22, 2013, 05:16:37 PM »
What you explain is exactly why I say Suarez should lead the line. When he plays in that position he is everywhere, but more importantly he operates close to the penalty area. However, when Sturridge is on the pitch leading the line, Suarez now operates around the half line center circle. Now if he led the line , Sturridge could run off his movement, when Suarez drags defenders out of position or when he hooks wide. Almost using Suarez as a false 9. Even simpler than that why take a player that has 25 goals leading the line and move him into a position where he has to be creative, Suarez for all his qualities is no play maker (per say). Not one of Sturridge goals came from a Suarez assist. Look how he played with Forlan in the Copa America (or how Forlan played with him) and you will get an idea of what I am talking about.

Not directly at least, but there's no denying that the attention Suarez draws creates opportunities for others... particularly Sturridge sitting in a central attacking position.  As for why put Suarez in more of a creative role... because he's not a clinical finisher.  He's certainly nowhere near the class that Sturridge is as a finisher.  He does very well to create chances for himself and others... he lacks a finishing touch. 

Suarez's conversion rate at Liverpool: 9.26%.  Av conversion rate in PL 2011/12: 13.30%

Imagine how many more goals he would have if he only finished better.  Meanwhile with as much chances as he creates, he draws a disproportionate share of attention from the defense leaving others open for scoring opportunities.  Prior to Sturridge this January, the only person who really capitalized on those opportunities was Bellamy... and even he was inconsistent last year mainly due to injury and the need to rest him.  But with Sturridge on the pitch now, not only should Suarez draw less attention, but Sturridge will also benefit from whatever attention Suarez draws.

As for the "leading the line" thing, maybe it's me not fully understanding what you mean by it.  From a strategic standpoint there's no question that Liverpool is best when the attack goes thru Suarez.  From a tactical perspective (by that I mean formation), Sturridge seems to function best in a central attacking role... this is what I initially interpreted your statement to mean, have Suarez play centrally.  Seems as though we might be saying the same thing without me realizing it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 05:22:39 PM by Bakes »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: February 22, 2013, 06:26:00 PM »
Ah listening Mr. Mancini steady calling up Suarez name in he mouth.  Second or third time for the season he mentioning de man name under admiration.  We better brace for a 40 mil pound bid from Man City in the summer. Mancini sees him as a replacement for Tevez, who I think will move on this summer.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: February 22, 2013, 07:58:24 PM »
Ah listening Mr. Mancini steady calling up Suarez name in he mouth.  Second or third time for the season he mentioning de man name under admiration.  We better brace for a 40 mil pound bid from Man City in the summer. Mancini sees him as a replacement for Tevez, who I think will move on this summer.

Mancini need to worry about himself  ;D
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: February 23, 2013, 12:20:07 AM »

I saw that today and was wondering how that does not constitute "tapping up".

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: February 23, 2013, 06:42:18 AM »

Mancini need to worry about himself  ;D

Ding! Ding! Ding! If I'm Suarez, I stay @ Liverpool.

(Although his argument would be Suarez is the solution that protects him).

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: March 02, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »
As I tell Tenor and them on FB... I shutting it down fuh de season.  Waste ah time, season over.

eh hemmm...allyuh go win tree more and tie bout four games
Liverfool problems eh on de pitch...

Well Liverpool certainly seems to be coming apart at the seams... too much in-fighting in de clubhouse  ::)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2357 on: March 02, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »
Hope to see us maintaining consistency till end of season.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: March 02, 2013, 05:13:12 PM »
Saurez in es negrito assesos
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: March 02, 2013, 06:45:27 PM »
Bakes, ain't no way Sturridge is a better finisher than Suarez. Suarez' conversion rate has a lot to do with the fact that he's likely to shoot from the corner flag, his own six yard box, with 4 defenders in his face, etc. His touch around the goal is a lot more reliable than Sturridge, as should be obvious by the wide range of tools used to finish his goals compared to Sturridge's. I can't agree with yuh. 1-1 game with 2 mins left and an opponent picks up a loose ball in your box, who yuh choosing, Suarez or Sturridge?
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: March 02, 2013, 07:24:30 PM »
Bakes, ain't no way Sturridge is a better finisher than Suarez. Suarez' conversion rate has a lot to do with the fact that he's likely to shoot from the corner flag, his own six yard box, with 4 defenders in his face, etc. His touch around the goal is a lot more reliable than Sturridge, as should be obvious by the wide range of tools used to finish his goals compared to Sturridge's. I can't agree with yuh. 1-1 game with 2 mins left and an opponent picks up a loose ball in your box, who yuh choosing, Suarez or Sturridge?

Never happen.  I know you not being literal, but Suarez doesn't attempt outlandish shots... I've been watching the man every game now for two years and any Liverpool fan will tell you the same.  He has certainly picked it up since Sturridge's arrival, but Suarez' conversion rate had been poor since arriving at Anfield.  When we led the league with shots off the frame of the goal he was the biggest culprit.  I cannot begin to tell you how much time he left me pulling out my hair because he skew some shot wide from inside the 6-yard box.  Sturridge has been much more clinical with his opportunities, the numbers bear it out.  1-1 game with 2 mins left and possession in the box I choosing Suarez, not because he's a better finisher, but because he trickier with the ball and just as likely to shoot, find an open team mate or win a penalty.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: March 02, 2013, 07:29:12 PM »
This Coutinho looks a player.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: March 03, 2013, 10:46:51 AM »
Despite the inconsistency and tough losses this season, I am beginning to believe that the future looks bright for the club. I think Rodgers needed a season to adjust to moving to a club with as impressive a history as Liverpool. I think by next season, he will be more comfortable.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #2363 on: March 03, 2013, 11:57:12 AM »

he was suppose to be the next big thing from brazil outside of neymar.  very talented guy but cant handle the physical play.  did well in spain but struggled in italy big time.  IMHO he moved to italy too early. hopefully the EPL could toughen him up.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: March 04, 2013, 07:26:58 PM »

he was suppose to be the next big thing from brazil outside of neymar.  very talented guy but cant handle the physical play.  did well in spain but struggled in italy big time.  IMHO he moved to italy too early. hopefully the EPL could toughen him up.

Well here's hoping that Rodgers and them did their homework and made an informed decision regarding his ability to cope with the physical play.  The Brazilian league ent exactly known for it's finesse so hopefully that was preparation enough.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: March 12, 2013, 04:48:17 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: March 28, 2013, 01:51:28 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_kZ6BGa10U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_kZ6BGa10U</a>
Such a nice guy. :devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: May 01, 2013, 05:43:35 PM »
2013/14 Kit revealed

Home

Away

Third Kit

Offline FF