April 29, 2024, 03:22:25 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 467036 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2520 on: February 13, 2014, 02:07:48 PM »
Just to add:  That pass by Gerrard to Sturridge was world class.  Yes, he's playing in a deeper role, but he will just get the opportunity to showcase his repertoire of passes.

The technique necessary to pull that off is stunning... simple as it looks.  He hit that with the outside of his right foot, with english on it to both deaden the ball and put it into Sturridge's path.  Say nothing of putting the right weight on it, and direction sufficient to split the defense.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: February 15, 2014, 04:13:52 PM »
Just watching the volley again.  How the hell did Suarez generate that sort of power with that little backlift?

Yuh see Balo's goal versus Bologna? World-class. Reminds me of a comment made by Avram Grant about Nico Anelka.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: February 23, 2014, 08:00:27 AM »
I was about to write this game off after 5 minutes, but all of a sudden a football game broke out.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: February 23, 2014, 08:36:51 AM »
I trying to leave the house, but this game just keeps getting better.
Skrtel finally get ketch pulling somebody down in the box.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: February 23, 2014, 08:46:42 AM »
The hypocrisy of the footballing world.

'Problems' have made Suarez better

Uruguay boss Oscar Tabarez insists that Luis Suarez’s controversial Premier League career has made him one of the world’s best players.

Liverpool striker Suarez has been involved in numerous incidents during his time in the English top-flight. In 2011, he was handed an eight-game ban after being found guilty of racially abusing Patrice Evra.

In April 2013, Suarez was given another suspension -- this time for ten matches -- after he bit Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic during a 2-2 draw at Anfield before the 27-year-old attempted to engineer a move away from Liverpool last summer.

However, Tabarez believes that the incidents have only made Suarez a better player -- and he indicated the striker will show it in England’s 2014 World Cup group game against Uruguay on June 19.

“Suarez has always been a major part of Uruguay since he started in the under-20s,” Tabarez said in the Mirror.

“He made the breakthrough in 2007 into the senior squad. He’s developed and evolved a lot obviously in the time since -- especially in his attitude and his competitive spirit as well as his skills.

“I put that down to what’s happened to him in England. Maybe it’s partly, or mainly down to all the problems he has had. He’s come through difficult times. He’s kept going when it was difficult. He has a strong head.

“He will be ready for England and so will Uruguay. We’re looking forward to it, and to our other group games against Italy and Costa Rica.

“For us Suarez is a really important player, of course. I don’t want to tell you any more than that because we don’t put any extra responsibility on him for the team’s success. It is a collective thing.

“The contribution he gives us is very important but we don’t need to ask for anything extra from him or from any of the other important players.

“We’re more focused on making sure we have the right feeling in the team. The World Cup is a team competition and great individual players like Suarez always need a team that can help them.”

On Friday, Suarez stated he was determined to help Liverpool earn a Champions League place for next season.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: February 23, 2014, 09:23:44 AM »
5 subs, 2 goals and an injury stoppage = 3 minutes added on time only?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: February 23, 2014, 10:22:28 PM »
Two stunning assists on Sturridge's goals... first Sterling's inch-perfect, outside of the boot curler around the back of the Swansea defense, followed by Suarez equally-accurate dime onto Sturridge's head, between two defenders.  Shelvey's response was stunning.  Swansea's other two goals were sketchy.  The free-kick (and yellow card) that never was, resulting in the jumbie deflection off Skrtel's shoulder.  The penalty I didn't see (functioning on 4 hours sleep after feting all night), but from the one replay and reports, it was soft... especially with a tank like Bony.  But considering what Skrtel has gotten away with this season, I guess that was always coming.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Avin3dew8I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9Avin3dew8I</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: February 23, 2014, 10:27:05 PM »
The penalty I didn't see (functioning on 4 hours sleep after feting all night), but from the one replay and reports, it was soft... especially with a tank like Bony.  But considering what Skrtel has gotten away with this season, I guess that was always coming.

At first I thought it was ah soft penalty, but with de benefit of de replay ah would say de ref was correct. Skrtel didn't even have tuh raff Bony like dat.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: February 23, 2014, 11:13:23 PM »
At first I thought it was ah soft penalty, but with de benefit of de replay ah would say de ref was correct. Skrtel didn't even have tuh raff Bony like dat.

Yeah I should change what I said (having not seen it) to say that reports are that it was soft... this replay is one of the only looks I get of it and it not clear enough for me to say what went on.  Skrtel has been playing with fire too often to not get burn... fair or not.  Good game for the neutral fan though... I literally try to ketch some sleep at halftime, wake up three minutes in and Swansea did done score.  LFC need to tighten up their defense... but the attack, man!  Hodgson must be rubbing his hands with glee at Sterling's emergence... that pass was incredible, perfect curve, perfect weight, perfect technique.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: February 24, 2014, 06:25:02 PM »

Yeah I should change what I said (having not seen it) to say that reports are that it was soft... this replay is one of the only looks I get of it and it not clear enough for me to say what went on.  Skrtel has been playing with fire too often to not get burn... fair or not.  Good game for the neutral fan though... I literally try to ketch some sleep at halftime, wake up three minutes in and Swansea did done score.  LFC need to tighten up their defense... but the attack, man!  Hodgson must be rubbing his hands with glee at Sterling's emergence... that pass was incredible, perfect curve, perfect weight, perfect technique.

Rodgers sound like he losing patience with that backline.  I could see him buying two CBs again this summer:  let Toure ride off into the sunset, Let Skrtel go Napoli or whereever; give Llori a run in preseason and see how he does.  Gotta keep Sakho because he needs to be given more time, and he has done farily well, since joining.  But yesterday was the first time I really hear Rodgers really let his defenders know how he was feeling - at least publicly.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: February 24, 2014, 09:29:49 PM »
Sturridge rel doing it.  Should be getting a bit more shine.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: February 25, 2014, 01:35:43 PM »
Sturridge rel doing it.  Should be getting a bit more shine.

People noticing....it is splashed all over the news.  In some ripping form right now.  Talent was always there, but he was never really nurtured in the right way.   Plus, he was at two clubs that are flush with cash to buy the best.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: March 01, 2014, 01:30:04 PM »
Another huge win for the reds today in a game where Southampton had Liverpool's back four on their heels for the majority of the first half and the first ten minutes of the second.

That Sterling substitution definitely made the difference as Liverpool began dominating more in the midfield play.

Now into second.

There's a lot of football left to be played, but it is heartening to see Liverpool win games such as this, where the club was outplayed for such a significant portion of the match.

In past seasons, these games would have been draws or losses.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: March 01, 2014, 02:59:55 PM »
Another huge win for the reds today in a game where Southampton had Liverpool's back four on their heels for the majority of the first half and the first ten minutes of the second.

That Sterling substitution definitely made the difference as Liverpool began dominating more in the midfield play.

Now into second.

There's a lot of football left to be played, but it is heartening to see Liverpool win games such as this, where the club was outplayed for such a significant portion of the match.

In past seasons, these games would have been draws or losses.

couldn't have said it better.  We just have to take it one game at a time.  Not our most fluent display, but this team has typically neutralized our style.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: March 01, 2014, 04:47:07 PM »
To say that we were outplayed by any significant degree is an exaggeration.  We dominated the first 10 mins, Southampton dominated the rest of the half.  They had the first 10 mins or so until we settled into a stalemate with them... then Suarez found Sturridge.  I wouldn't say that the substitution changed everything, but what it did was that it put pace right at the heart of the Soton midfield.  The real key was that Gerrard started playing tighter to Lallana who more or less disappeared in the second half after pulling strings all over the field for the Southampton attack in the first.  Good to see Suarez back on the scoresheet though... as Sturridge's streak ends at 8.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: March 01, 2014, 05:32:33 PM »
Been tooting Lallana's horn all season: Soton's best player and he deserves to go to Brazil ahead of men like Lampard.  Hope 'Pool put in a bid for him this summer.  Real upside potential for this fella.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: March 01, 2014, 05:54:07 PM »
Been tooting Lallana's horn all season: Soton's best player and he deserves to go to Brazil ahead of men like Lampard.  Hope 'Pool put in a bid for him this summer.  Real upside potential for this fella.

Him and Luke Shaw are their two best young players... and that's saying a lot with the likes of Clyne, Schneiderlin and Ramirez on the roster.  Can't believe Shaw is only 18.  Agree with you that Lallana has earned a spot on the WC roster... as has Hodgson, apparently.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: March 01, 2014, 05:59:27 PM »
Doh forget England internationals Lambert and Jay Rodriguez....Soton been churning out these types of players for years, but had to sell when big teams came in, due to no Prem league football to offer:  Walcott, Ox Chamberlain, Gareth Bale, Wayne Bridge...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: March 01, 2014, 07:07:40 PM »
Doh forget England internationals Lambert and Jay Rodriguez....Soton been churning out these types of players for years, but had to sell when big teams came in, due to no Prem league football to offer:  Walcott, Ox Chamberlain, Gareth Bale, Wayne Bridge...

Kenwyne Jones  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: March 01, 2014, 07:12:48 PM »

Frankly, I thought he should have put away one of those chances (the dummy that he seemed to hit tamely).  Aside from today's performance, in light of KC's passing, poignant that you mentioned him because he had arrythmia.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: March 01, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »
Yow, Soton balled today ... until Sterling scored. (Was that his first touch of the match?)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: March 01, 2014, 09:41:20 PM »
Yow, Soton balled today ... until Sterling scored. (Was that his first touch of the match?)

If not his first, then his second.  Another fella that is growing in stature.  Imagine, Rodgers took off Coutinho, and put Sterling in the hole.  He's no longer a speedy, one-dimensional winger anymore; his passing and tactical acumen are developing well.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: March 16, 2014, 07:55:51 AM »
I normaly like Tim Howard as a commentator, but he talking too much today.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: March 16, 2014, 08:05:16 AM »
Raphael = Idiot

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: March 16, 2014, 08:36:11 AM »
Jones trying to make sure Raphael don't feel bad.

Game done.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: &quot;You'll Never Walk Alone&quot; - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2545 on: March 16, 2014, 08:36:45 AM »
This mudder c**t Moyes
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: March 16, 2014, 08:37:25 AM »
This mudder c**t Moyes

Moyes making them foul and handle the ball in the box?

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: March 16, 2014, 08:41:16 AM »
Gerrard has really been so clinical from the spot this season.

He really should be England's designated penalty taker for the world cup in Brazil.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: March 16, 2014, 08:50:27 AM »
I normaly like Tim Howard as a commentator, but he talking too much today.

My volume was turned down in the first ten minutes. Sounding like he had too much Starbucks this morning.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: &quot;You'll Never Walk Alone&quot; - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2549 on: March 16, 2014, 08:51:22 AM »
This mudder c**t Moyes

Moyes making them foul and handle the ball in the box?

Is always Moyes fault!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>