March 28, 2024, 07:20:25 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 460033 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2640 on: April 13, 2014, 08:47:41 AM »
What ah game..

Liverpool went asleep early in that 2nd half boy....real pressure ....we fell asleep

Silva almost spoil d party....Milner turnout tuh be a genius sub

But Coutinho iz definately MOM for me .....

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: April 13, 2014, 08:48:43 AM »
Great game. Didn't know Skertel was a keeper..lol..Gerrard post interview was classic!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: April 13, 2014, 11:01:49 AM »
We in this to win this: Four Cup finals to go; one game at a time.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: April 13, 2014, 11:05:05 AM »
chelsea win...dis go be one helluva chase... Chelsea v Pool might be crucial, nobody cyah make no mistake....even draws goh be bad results....ah liking it...hope man heart strong
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: April 13, 2014, 11:20:10 AM »
Stueps! Sigh
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: April 13, 2014, 11:25:01 AM »
I pity the fool....

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: April 13, 2014, 11:32:30 AM »
Not expecting Chelsea to leave Goodison Park next week with all the points, especially with Everton in the hunt for a CL spot.  Not an easy place to go and win.  Our local rivals may very well do us a favor.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: April 13, 2014, 01:30:46 PM »
apps, sound like ah ok time to say ah lil prayer for a excursion to anfield park..live and direct.

Is years Tenorsaw trying to talk me into ah Anfield trip... looks like we'll have to make it happen next season for sure.

As for the match, disappointed with the lack of composure by Liverpool.  You cannot sit back and try and absorb pressure, we've proven that to ourselves all season.  You certainly can't start doing that 11 mins into the second half, which is when the first City goal came.  We go unlucky on the Johnson OG, but the football gods giveth and the football gods taketh away.  Harsh on Kompany, but considering he got a reprieve after manhandling Suarez in the box and nothing was called, he'll have to live with that.

Not quite the composed game I would have liked to see, but a fitting tribute to the 96, two days before the anniversary of Hillsborough... YNWA

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: April 13, 2014, 02:08:41 PM »
Not expecting Chelsea to leave Goodison Park next week with all the points, especially with Everton in the hunt for a CL spot.  Not an easy place to go and win.  Our local rivals may very well do us a favor.

um  ??? chelsea play everton aready ??? dis is what left

19 Apr 2014    v Sunderland (H)    
27 Apr 2014    v Liverpool (A)    
04 May 2014    v Norwich (H)    
11 May 2014    v Cardiff (A)

maybe yuh mean City dem still have everton
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:14:00 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: April 13, 2014, 02:13:15 PM »
I meant Man City at Everton next week. 

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: April 13, 2014, 02:14:37 PM »
I meant Man City at Everton next week. 

yeah kinda figured
I pity the fool....

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: April 13, 2014, 02:16:48 PM »
Yeah...May 3: Everton vs Man City

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: April 13, 2014, 02:31:03 PM »
Sheer emotion...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1gzUBXLUqrI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1gzUBXLUqrI</a>

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: April 14, 2014, 07:50:19 AM »
"This does not f**king slip now! This does not f**king slip! Listen, listen! This is gone. We go to Norwich and do exactly the same. We go again!"

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:51:51 AM by boss »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: &quot;You'll Never Walk Alone&quot; - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2654 on: April 14, 2014, 08:02:05 AM »
Alyuh ain't winning nothing.

Regards, Man U supporter.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: April 14, 2014, 10:55:51 AM »
Sheer emotion...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1gzUBXLUqrI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1gzUBXLUqrI</a>

So was this the last game of the season that they won the league?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: April 14, 2014, 11:20:28 AM »

No it wasn't... which is precisely why the video is so appropriate.  Don't worry though, you're a Chelsea fan... comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: April 14, 2014, 11:29:48 AM »
No just winning.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: April 14, 2014, 11:32:14 AM »
No just winning.

And what exactly have YOU won?

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: April 14, 2014, 12:41:38 PM »
@ elan

Gerrard was emotional because there is literally no margin for error as far as Liverpool's title challenge is concerned and the players displayed a lot of nerves.

The Reds do not have Russian billionaire money like some Johnny-come-lately (former sh#t side) clubs).

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: April 15, 2014, 09:21:02 AM »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9266234/steven-gerrard-dedicates-man-city-win-to-hillsborough-victims-ahead-of-anfield-memorial-service

The midfielder, whose 10-year-old cousin Jon-Paul Gilhooley was the youngest of 96 people who lost their lives at the stadium crush in Sheffield, was reduced to tears at the end of Sunday's 3-2 win, one that kept the Reds on track for Premier League glory.

Today is the 25th anniversary of the tragedy and Gerrard will lead his side to Anfield for an annual memorial service.

"The reason I was so emotional was because of when this game fell," Gerrard said.

"It wasn't just because it was a big match in our season, it was because this week is always about more than football for everyone associated with Liverpool. It's emotional for so many people.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: April 15, 2014, 10:55:18 AM »
When a Game Turned Into a Disaster
‘30 for 30: Soccer Stories’ on ESPN Revisits Hillsborough (New York Times)

By MIKE HALE

APRIL 14, 2014

“Hillsborough,” Tuesday night on ESPN, is a soccer movie with very little soccer in it. It’s about a match played 25 years ago at the Hillsborough stadium in Sheffield, England, that ended after just six minutes — when the realization set in that amid the festive atmosphere of an F.A. Cup semifinal, fans were being crushed to death a few yards behind the west goal.

This powerful documentary, directed by Daniel Gordon (“The Game of Their Lives”), feels less like a sports film than an Errol Morris-style true-crime investigation. It’s interesting, and perhaps admirable, that ESPN chose it to inaugurate “30 for 30: Soccer Stories,” a series of documentaries leading up to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. “Hillsborough” is not about what Pelé called the beautiful game.

The death toll from the match between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest would reach 96, and it would take more than two decades of inquiries to establish that the police were at fault for failing to control thousands of fans who crammed into a few small standing-room sections. (The more evocative British term for these concrete death traps: the pens.)

Mr. Gordon uses game film, re-creations and heartbreaking interviews with survivors, relatives of the victims, police officers and investigators. He lays out the deadly events in lucid and unsparingly grim terms. Burly policemen go silent recalling the helplessness they felt. “Your primary duty is to protect life,” one says, a sob in his voice. “Not catch villains, your primary duty is to protect life. And there were all these dead people there.”

But Mr. Gordon is just as interested in the long tail of the story: the efforts of the police, helped by some newspapers, to cover up their own responsibility and to lay the blame on the visiting Liverpool fans, who were falsely accused of storming the turnstiles. It was 23 years before a government-formed panel conclusively reported that the fans were not to blame, which led to a new criminal inquest that was convened just two weeks ago.

“The price of Hillsborough is not reducible to 96 people dying,” says Phil Scraton, a criminologist and member of the 2012 panel. “The price of Hillsborough is the price of institutionalized injustice, the appalling treatment by some of the media of the good reputations of innocent people, the cavalier way in which wonderful people were vilified. That’s the price of Hillsborough.”

30 for 30: Soccer Stories

Hillsborough

ESPN, Tuesday night at 8, Eastern and Pacific times; 7, Central time.

Directed by Daniel Gordon.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: April 15, 2014, 12:02:55 PM »
@ elan

Gerrard was emotional because there is literally no margin for error as far as Liverpool's title challenge is concerned and the players displayed a lot of nerves.

The Reds do not have Russian billionaire money like some Johnny-come-lately (former sh#t side) clubs).

Because no other team is/was playing for a title.

This sh#t johnny-come-lately in the CL semis.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: April 15, 2014, 12:04:47 PM »
No just winning.

And what exactly have YOU won?

I know only YOU allowed to talk about y'all club as we, everyone else are hypocrites.

I won the emotion of seeing MY team make it to the Champions League Semis and currently 2nd in the League and having that success generate haters.  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: April 15, 2014, 08:17:34 PM »
I know only YOU allowed to talk about y'all club as we, everyone else are hypocrites.

I won the emotion of seeing MY team make it to the Champions League Semis and currently 2nd in the League and having that success generate haters.  :beermug:

I know you like to play dotish, but ah starting to think yuh eh playing...

Don't worry though, you're a Chelsea fan... comprehension isn't your strong suit.

As I said... comprehension isn't yuh strong suit.  Take yuh time.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: April 15, 2014, 09:11:07 PM »
@ elan

CL in a competition which Liverpool won five times..

I remember when Chelsea was where Liverpool was in recent times (in fact, worse...)

So, as I said, all of these former sh#t Johnny-come-lately teams...

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: April 15, 2014, 09:52:43 PM »
@ elan

CL in a competition which Liverpool won five times..

I remember when Chelsea was where Liverpool was in recent times (in fact, worse...)

So, as I said, all of these former sh#t Johnny-come-lately teams...

Let's dust them off.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: April 15, 2014, 09:53:39 PM »

I know you like to play dotish, but ah starting to think yuh eh playing...

Don't worry though, you're a Chelsea fan... comprehension isn't your strong suit.

As I said... comprehension isn't yuh strong suit.  Take yuh time.

Doh worry we have a cleaning service.

Offline darrel3000

• Full Warrior
  • Go T&T Go!
    • View Profile
    • Professional Audio Sales & Live Event Production
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? You must be the change you want to see in the world.
    -Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: April 18, 2014, 08:37:18 PM »
Have you guys seen this thread?
http://www.lfcny.org/forums/showthread.php?4286-12-to-go-RACE-TO-THE-END

Crystal Palace scares me for some reason, just as much as Chelsea....you never know. We just gotta keep this momentum going.

I'm actually going to London next week for the first time, I'm going to visit Liverpool as well. I've been going all over the place trying to get a ticket to the Liverpool v Chelsea game but no luck at all. Even woke up 3am to go online for the general sale.  :bs: :banginghead: :frustrated: yet I'm still going to Liverpool and take in the game at a nearby pub. Anybody have a link up for the Liverpool v Chelsea match?  ;D
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

1]; } ?>