April 26, 2024, 09:47:11 AM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 464998 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2700 on: April 27, 2014, 09:01:39 AM »
No, chalk two up.

Just one victory... and Chelsea ain't winning shit this season  :beermug:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: April 27, 2014, 09:02:36 AM »
The special one will sort allyuh out.

::)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: April 27, 2014, 09:03:12 AM »
I knew the Blues would have a sting in their tail.

But.....

Liverpool are still top of the league and that is a fact.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: April 27, 2014, 09:04:18 AM »

He did... I'll give him credit.  He figured out a way to make Gerrard slip at the most critical point of the game.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: April 27, 2014, 09:05:45 AM »

He did... I'll give him credit.  He figured out a way to make Gerrard slip at the most critical point of the game.

The score was 2 - ZERO.
Everybody and they brother know we were coming to park the bus and counter attack. Highest scoring team in the league - zero goals.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: April 27, 2014, 09:12:16 AM »

The score was 2 - ZERO.
Everybody and they brother know we were coming to park the bus and counter attack. Highest scoring team in the league - zero goals.

So a deeper squad (with far more money, might I add), beats a Liverpool side, that is overachieving beyond its wildest imagination.

And you come to gloat.....

Liverpool's realistic target this season is Champions League qualification (which has been accomplished).

Anything else is a bonus.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: April 27, 2014, 09:16:58 AM »
 :rotfl:

That is for all de Liverpool talkers I had to hear yesterday... nothing personal against de fans in here  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: April 27, 2014, 09:17:50 AM »

So a deeper squad (with far more money, might I add), beats a Liverpool side, that is overachieving beyond its wildest imagination.

Liverpool's realistic target this season is Champions League qualification (which has been accomplished).

Allyuh adjusting expectations quick.
You hoping to challenge Arsenal for the 4th place trophy?

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: April 27, 2014, 09:26:57 AM »

Allyuh adjusting expectations quick.
You hoping to challenge Arsenal for the 4th place trophy?

Speak for yourself partner.

Even Rodgers did not expect to be challenging for the title this early

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/286487.html

So boss, which "allyuh" you talking about?

And after all the ole' talk....

Liverpool are still top of the league, with Chelski requiring favours from other teams to win the league.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: April 27, 2014, 09:34:48 AM »
The score was 2 - ZERO.

To the victor goes the spoils, even I know enough to recognize that.  Your team won so you can come in here and gloat about it... good for you pardna.  We'll see how it all plays out in the end  :beermug:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: April 27, 2014, 09:42:12 AM »
ah come people .................all in good fun.......... I enjoyin this either way, chelsea is my team but they seriously should have had diss tied long time, too many lapses.........but I is one chelsea fan dat glad for pool regardless ah what happen.....ah enjoy dem d other games immensely.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:14:54 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: April 27, 2014, 10:04:03 AM »
ah come people .................all in good fun.......... I enjoyin this either way, chelsea is my team but they seriously should have had diss tied long time, too many lapses.........but I is won chelsea fan dat glad for pool regardless ah what happen.....ah enjoy dem d other games immensely.

Ditto.
These fellas feeling a how b/c they loss. But is just ole talk.
They been down so long they not accustom
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:37:55 AM by Bitter »

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: April 27, 2014, 04:52:23 PM »
ah come people .................all in good fun.......... I enjoyin this either way, chelsea is my team but they seriously should have had diss tied long time, too many lapses.........but I is won chelsea fan dat glad for pool regardless ah what happen.....ah enjoy dem d other games immensely.

Ditto.
These fellas feeling a how b/c they loss. But is just ole talk.
They been down so long they not accustom

Whatever you say boss. I was responding in jest also, but it is difficult to infer that tone of a response from the Internet.

Of course, many Liverpool fans will be disappointed with the result, but as far as the Liverpool mgt is concerned, this season has already been a mammoth success.

So doh think I taking anything "a-how" because Liverpool lost.

I am just pointing out facts in a picong-type of way.

At the end of the day, LFC does not pay my bills, so I always have perspective

:beermug:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: April 27, 2014, 05:19:11 PM »
Whatever you say boss. I was responding in jest also, but it is difficult to infer that tone of a response from the Internet.

Of course, many Liverpool fans will be disappointed with the result, but as far as the Liverpool mgt is concerned, this season has already been a mammoth success.

So doh think I taking anything "a-how" because Liverpool lost.

I am just pointing out facts in a picong-type of way.

At the end of the day, LFC does not pay my bills, so I always have perspective

:beermug:

cool man I not really fightin this no more, barring a complete disaster for alyuh and city, chelsea wont win.....d max we can get is 84.... alyuh or city hit 84 we third on goal difference..........and mou goh punder over all dem game he close shop with 2 goal lead and 55mins to go...dat fella need to let loose sometimes.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 05:22:35 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: April 28, 2014, 01:35:39 PM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: May 03, 2014, 12:26:47 PM »
Come on, Everton Villa!  :beermug:

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: May 03, 2014, 03:33:20 PM »
I think Ive been sleeping on premiership too long to notice that Suarez is one of the top players in the league. It's hard for me to let go of his racist history. To hardcore Liverpool fans(no, I'm not one ) on here:Is that a factor in how yuh does view him?

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: May 03, 2014, 05:02:01 PM »
To hardcore Liverpool fans(no, I'm not one ) on here:Is that a factor in how yuh does view him?

Not really. The biting and diving are the two things that primarily concern me. I actually don't think he racially abused Evra, not because I'm a Liverpool fan, but because there were too many inconsistencies and things that don't make sense in the independent report. But only he and Evra will really know what was said.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: May 03, 2014, 06:14:08 PM »
To hardcore Liverpool fans(no, I'm not one ) on here:Is that a factor in how yuh does view him?

Not really. The biting and diving are the two things that primarily concern me. I actually don't think he racially abused Evra, not because I'm a Liverpool fan, but because there were too many inconsistencies and things that don't make sense in the independent report. But only he and Evra will really know what was said.

So give him racist the benefit of the doubt. Just as the protesters in Spain saying that the coach who throw the banana at Alves is being unfairly targeted.  Say wah.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: May 03, 2014, 06:35:40 PM »
I think he did racially abuse Evra, but don't think he intended to.  I think he was definitely trying to rile him up, but I don't think there was any animosity behind what he was doing.  That said, by the letter of the law he was guilty of racially abusing him, but even the independent review committee declined to call him a "racist".
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:33:20 PM by Bakes »

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: May 03, 2014, 07:19:56 PM »
So give him racist the benefit of the doubt. Just as the protesters in Spain saying that the coach who throw the banana at Alves is being unfairly targeted.  Say wah.

Well it's not a fair comparison; there's no doubt that the coach threw the banana.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: May 03, 2014, 08:29:08 PM »
At the end of the day, we are football purists. We acknowledge Suárez's excellent body of work on the field. However, the moments that have been less than honorable are compartmentalized into a separate file, although surely neither forgotten nor forgiven.

Also, considering that Suárez has been embraced by Johnson, Sturridge, Sterling, Sakho et al for club, and has played with Abel Hernández, Álvaro Pereira, Egidio Arévalo Ríos et al on the national team ... In the absence of understanding his socialization, I think we're too distant from the situation to make a comprehensive condemnation of the player beyond what we know factually ... though there's no doubt he now suffers from a perception issue.

Aside from that, he's probably learned a lesson in spite of Kenny Dalglish's obstructionist conduct. Other than that, I think the way Bakes framed his response is almost spot-on. I would phrase it differently: he intended to abuse and/or harass Evra and he intended to use race as a way of riling him. However, he may not have construed his conduct as racist ... which it nonetheless was. Lesson for Suárez.

What I found despicable is the club's reaching into his genealogy to assert that because he had an ancestor of African descent, he couldn't have engaged in racist conduct. How absolutely absurd! ... and an exercise in clutching at straws that was not particularly dispositive.

I have to admit I have been curious about this topic, but I believe there's room for rehabilitation. As such, I continue to relish his movement with the ball until such time as subsequent conduct overrides his appeal with the ball.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a Brazilian who found Pele's failure to acknowledge his daughter before she died as diminishing of his legacy.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 08:35:54 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: May 05, 2014, 12:04:46 PM »
At the end of the day, we are football purists. We acknowledge Suárez's excellent body of work on the field. However, the moments that have been less than honorable are compartmentalized into a separate file, although surely neither forgotten nor forgiven.

Also, considering that Suárez has been embraced by Johnson, Sturridge, Sterling, Sakho et al for club, and has played with Abel Hernández, Álvaro Pereira, Egidio Arévalo Ríos et al on the national team ... In the absence of understanding his socialization, I think we're too distant from the situation to make a comprehensive condemnation of the player beyond what we know factually ... though there's no doubt he now suffers from a perception issue.

Aside from that, he's probably learned a lesson in spite of Kenny Dalglish's obstructionist conduct. Other than that, I think the way Bakes framed his response is almost spot-on. I would phrase it differently: he intended to abuse and/or harass Evra and he intended to use race as a way of riling him. However, he may not have construed his conduct as racist ... which it nonetheless was. Lesson for Suárez.

What I found despicable is the club's reaching into his genealogy to assert that because he had an ancestor of African descent, he couldn't have engaged in racist conduct. How absolutely absurd! ... and an exercise in clutching at straws that was not particularly dispositive.

I have to admit I have been curious about this topic, but I believe there's room for rehabilitation. As such, I continue to relish his movement with the ball until such time as subsequent conduct overrides his appeal with the ball.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a Brazilian who found Pele's failure to acknowledge his daughter before she died as diminishing of his legacy.

The club's handling of this affair led to FSG cleaning house:  The PR / Communications head was let go, because that was a poorly crafted response to the crux of the issue.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: May 05, 2014, 02:15:25 PM »
Liverpool looking to run up the score now.
Have to get that goal difference...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: May 05, 2014, 02:23:35 PM »
Liverpool looking to run up the score now.
Have to get that goal difference...

ent....I thought palace was looking to make trouble for d top sides but it fairly apparent dat chelsea simply lacks penetration man city now 'pool doing what we couldn't....goh put mih head on a block an' say daiz Mata bitin chelsea in d ass in ah sense.....was never convinced by Oscar as d num 10
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:25:07 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: May 05, 2014, 02:40:25 PM »
Uh-oh... ::)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: May 05, 2014, 02:40:37 PM »
holy shit pool like dey imploding
I pity the fool....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: May 05, 2014, 02:46:16 PM »
Bolassie causing mayhem in the back line of Liverpool. He want to tie this game bad, bad, bad.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: May 05, 2014, 02:46:58 PM »
implosion complete
I pity the fool....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: May 05, 2014, 02:48:59 PM »
Allyuh needed to buy at least one bus from Chelsea...

1]; } ?>