April 25, 2024, 03:50:46 PM

Author Topic: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread  (Read 464503 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "You'll Never Walk Alone" - de Official Liverpool thread
« Reply #2730 on: May 05, 2014, 02:50:02 PM »
Liverpool looking to run up the score now.
Have to get that goal difference...

ent....I thought palace was looking to make trouble for d top sides but it fairly apparent dat chelsea simply lacks penetration man city now 'pool doing what we couldn't....goh put mih head on a block an' say daiz Mata bitin chelsea in d ass in ah sense.....was never convinced by Oscar as d num 10

Yuh know we put goat-mouth on them here, right?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: May 05, 2014, 02:52:05 PM »
5 minutes stoppage time.
Enough for the dramatic winner from either side.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: May 05, 2014, 02:56:11 PM »
Rogers Out!

Bus driver needed. Apply within.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: May 05, 2014, 02:57:54 PM »
 :(

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: May 05, 2014, 02:58:49 PM »
You would think City won the league with the way Suarez crying! Well I guess he won't have to later on when City actually wins! Lol

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: May 05, 2014, 03:01:26 PM »
kind of suprised by the result. 3-3 and was 3 up.  Was this at Anfield ? Catched the last 5 mins. But cheer up! At least you guys can play Champions League next year.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: May 05, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »
Rogers Out!

Bus driver needed. Apply within.

Moyes is available!!!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: May 05, 2014, 03:03:01 PM »
kind of suprised by the result. 3-3 and was 3 up.  Was this at Anfield ? Catched the last 5 mins. But cheer up! At least you guys can play Champions League next year.

No, Selhurst Park.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: May 05, 2014, 03:14:58 PM »
Very naive by Liverpool.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: May 05, 2014, 03:16:51 PM »
Ahhhh the beautiful game.......

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: May 05, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »
I expect City to mess up against Villa and West Ham. I actually want Liverpool to win d league, good luck

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: May 06, 2014, 04:03:27 AM »
I expect City to mess up against Villa and West Ham. I actually want Liverpool to win d league, good luck

despite d lack of coolness under pressure, they have been a joy to watch
I pity the fool....

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: May 06, 2014, 08:35:24 AM »
So give him racist the benefit of the doubt. Just as the protesters in Spain saying that the coach who throw the banana at Alves is being unfairly targeted.  Say wah.

That isn't a fair comparison at all.  I am no Liverpool fan but I agree there were inconsistencies and without fully understanding or applying the cultural context to whatever was said, there is no way they can definitively say it was racial abuse.  By how it is defined in their handbook it may fit but I am not sure I believe he is a racist or that he intended to convey racist overtones when he was messing with Evra.  I think he was simply trying to put him off so as to have a competitive advantage.  In times past he seem equal opportunity tactician in trying to frazzle defenders and considering he bit at least 2 and neither were black, I would say race has very little to do with anything he does.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: May 06, 2014, 08:47:44 AM »
So give him racist the benefit of the doubt. Just as the protesters in Spain saying that the coach who throw the banana at Alves is being unfairly targeted.  Say wah.

That isn't a fair comparison at all.  I am no Liverpool fan but I agree there were inconsistencies and without fully understanding or applying the cultural context to whatever was said, there is no way they can definitively say it was racial abuse.  By how it is defined in their handbook it may fit but I am not sure I believe he is a racist or that he intended to convey racist overtones when he was messing with Evra.  I think he was simply trying to put him off so as to have a competitive advantage.  In times past he seem equal opportunity tactician in trying to frazzle defenders and considering he bit at least 2 and neither were black, I would say race has very little to do with anything he does.

Isn't that the same thing that the people in Spain are saying though.  :-\
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: May 06, 2014, 08:54:39 AM »

Isn't that the same thing that the people in Spain are saying though.  :-\

TBH I don't know what they are saying in Spain because I am not following, however given that they don't throw bananas at other races of players it is clearly a racist application taunt.  Whether designed to put players off or not if it is only directed at one particular race of people then it's clear cut racism.  Add the fact that throughout the world black people have been compared to monkeys in an effort to paint us inferior and the context becomes even clearer.  So by that standard even if they trying to say the same thing I said, they are either being deliberately deceptive or grossly naive (which I don't believe they are at all).
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:56:47 AM by Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$ »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: May 06, 2014, 09:30:16 AM »
Spot-on, both points Scorp  :beermug:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: May 06, 2014, 11:30:04 AM »
I know Saurez is different he is not racist, he just said something that Evra taught was racist, but he did not mean it like that, plus there is no real evidence to support what Evra said, just he said, she said. So case closed done and dusted.  :beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: May 06, 2014, 02:09:36 PM »
I know Saurez is different he is not racist, he just said something that Evra taught was racist, but he did not mean it like that, plus there is no real evidence to support what Evra said, just he said, she said. So case closed done and dusted.  :beermug:

Now you just being an ass... there's a difference between racially abusing someone and being a racist.  I really want to know if you never used the c-word directed at a person of Indian descent growing up... trying to rile them up.  If you did, does that make you a racist?

"No-one is saying he's a racist - he's probably a very nice guy. He's alleged to have made abusive comments and that's the basis on which [the case] was considered."  "This charge is not saying Luis Suarez is a racist. It's saying, on this occasion, he used racist language. It doesn't make him a bad guy - he needs to learn what is acceptable."

Lord Ouseley, Chairman of Kick It Out.

Evra said Suarez told him "I don't speak to blacks" and partially on the basis of this he thought his motives in using "negro" were racial.  Of course Suarez speaks to blacks... he talks to his team mates all the time... so clearly he was just trying to wind Evra up by saying something so outrageously false.  Evra himself conceded that he probably wasn't calling him a "nigger", but more "blackie" or something of the sort.  This is in keeping with Suarez' impish demeanor throughout, the whole thing was a joke to him... winding up Evra and taking glee in his success.  But kill you dead Suarez is a racist... all the evidence seemingly to the contrary be damned.  Good luck with yuh one horse crusade.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: May 06, 2014, 09:40:12 PM »

Now you just being an ass... there's a difference between racially abusing someone and being a racist.  I really want to know if you never used the c-word directed at a person of Indian descent growing up... trying to rile them up.  If you did, does that make you a racist?

"No-one is saying he's a racist - he's probably a very nice guy. He's alleged to have made abusive comments and that's the basis on which [the case] was considered."  "This charge is not saying Luis Suarez is a racist. It's saying, on this occasion, he used racist language. It doesn't make him a bad guy - he needs to learn what is acceptable."

Lord Ouseley, Chairman of Kick It Out.

Evra said Suarez told him "I don't speak to blacks" and partially on the basis of this he thought his motives in using "negro" were racial.  Of course Suarez speaks to blacks... he talks to his team mates all the time... so clearly he was just trying to wind Evra up by saying something so outrageously false.  Evra himself conceded that he probably wasn't calling him a "nigger", but more "blackie" or something of the sort.  This is in keeping with Suarez' impish demeanor throughout, the whole thing was a joke to him... winding up Evra and taking glee in his success.  But kill you dead Suarez is a racist... all the evidence seemingly to the contrary be damned.  Good luck with yuh one horse crusade.

:beermug:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: May 07, 2014, 07:58:47 AM »
And if Suarez had said "I don't speak to Jews"? He is a racist by definition when he spews such filth - he is clearly engaging in an act of racial discrimination. The thought of attacking someone's race simply wouldn't occur to me - not in any context. The fact that he jumped to that is telling - If he's not racist, why does he think it's acceptable to say that in any context? It's a weird bastard-child of the "I have black friends" defence. If he had said negro that would have been worse, but whether "blackie" or "negro" the implication is the same - he's a racist.

The most galling thing is that he clearly hasn't learnt his lesson, given his defence of what he said. He's in his mid-twenties, so the ignorance of youth doesn't apply here. If we were playing football on the Savannah, and to wind you up I said "I don't talk to blacks", does that make it okay? Absolutely not.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: May 07, 2014, 09:26:49 AM »
And if Suarez had said "I don't speak to Jews"? He is a racist by definition when he spews such filth - he is clearly engaging in an act of racial discrimination. The thought of attacking someone's race simply wouldn't occur to me - not in any context. The fact that he jumped to that is telling - If he's not racist, why does he think it's acceptable to say that in any context? It's a weird bastard-child of the "I have black friends" defence. If he had said negro that would have been worse, but whether "blackie" or "negro" the implication is the same - he's a racist.

The most galling thing is that he clearly hasn't learnt his lesson, given his defence of what he said. He's in his mid-twenties, so the ignorance of youth doesn't apply here. If we were playing football on the Savannah, and to wind you up I said "I don't talk to blacks", does that make it okay? Absolutely not.

Donald Sterling have/had an entire NBA team of black players, he had a black man a his GM, he told his girlfriend you can love how many black people you want, you can bring them home, "you can have sex with them for all I care", he said, "I love black people" Sterling said, but don't be in public with them.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: May 07, 2014, 11:13:35 AM »

If he says that but it's clear that it isn't true then what is he?  You really obtuse oui

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: May 07, 2014, 11:49:52 AM »
If he says that but it's clear that it isn't true then what is he?  You really obtuse oui

"Obtuse" is being kind... seeing that Jewish identity is not a racial classification.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: May 07, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »
Obviously the Jewish thing would be Anti-Semitism - but the main point is still there - why should it even come up? And yes, clearly this is dependent on whether he actually said it.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: May 07, 2014, 01:29:55 PM »
Allyuh needed to buy at least one bus from Chelsea...

Nah is Liverpool them could run up the score.  :rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: May 07, 2014, 01:54:38 PM »
It is amazing to see everybody on Suarez. I understand the nature of Suarez interaction with Evra. You have to understand culture of Black people in Latin America. While the US and England had a one drop rule to differentiate who is Black or Not, Latin America did show preferences to the different shades of whiteness. In Latin America, terms of endearment like "Morena" brown-skin girl or " mi Negrito" my darkie will not be accepted in this part of the Diaspora. Uruguay has a small Black population. They are heavily influenced cultural by the prescence of Africans in that country. Condomble and Carnival comes to mine. By a large the Black people recieve the same treatment from Guatemala all the way to Montevideo and Buenos. They like them for dance, music, football and sports. That's it.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: May 10, 2014, 07:41:04 PM »
Last time Liverpool won the league: 1990
Last time Liverpool went into the final day of the season with a chance at winning the league: 1986 and 1989

Whatever happens tomorrow, it's been an incredible season, and a massive improvement on last season. And Champions League football next season!  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: May 10, 2014, 08:14:13 PM »
Last time Liverpool won the league: 1990
Last time Liverpool went into the final day of the season with a chance at winning the league: 1986 and 1989

Whatever happens tomorrow, it's been an incredible season, and a massive improvement on last season. And Champions League football next season!  :beermug:

Yeah, slightly disappointed that we fumbled the chance we had at the end, but City was always in prime position to at least make it close.  In the end they may be more worthy winners by virtue of their overall play... but it would have been (and still would be nice) for Gerrard to get his title.  Successful season nonetheless.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: May 30, 2014, 08:07:25 AM »
OK, so 4mil pounds for former Liverpool trainee, Lambert.  Word is that this is to allow Southampton to reduce their asking offer for Lallana, but still bring in cumulatively the same amount they expect to make from sale of Lallana.  There is a 25 percent sell-on fee owed to Lallana's previous club, Bournemouth, should he be sold.  Lambert does provide some variation in attack, and he is coming from a club that is accustomed to playing the ball on the floor, so the adjustment to style should not be as drastic.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: May 30, 2014, 11:11:30 AM »
OK, so 4mil pounds for former Liverpool trainee, Lambert.  Word is that this is to allow Southampton to reduce their asking offer for Lallana, but still bring in cumulatively the same amount they expect to make from sale of Lallana.  There is a 25 percent sell-on fee owed to Lallana's previous club, Bournemouth, should he be sold.  Lambert does provide some variation in attack, and he is coming from a club that is accustomed to playing the ball on the floor, so the adjustment to style should not be as drastic.

I like the guy... always have.  I think he'll be a fantastic addition.  He's no one-trick pony ala Carroll, but can play the ball with his feet, is a good passer, his technique is probably the best of any English forward right now... and by that I mean his accuracy with both pass and shot.  Moreover he's a clinical finisher, equally adept on the ground or in the air.  I'm not sure how he is on his left foot, but I don't recall it ever being a problem.  Fantastic addition, and it allows him to come "home".

1]; } ?>