April 28, 2024, 11:24:23 PM

Author Topic: Latapy officially on board Senior Team staff.  (Read 7112 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy officially on board Senior Team staff.
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 06:00:52 PM »
First, I will like to take my hat off on saying congratulations to Russell for accepting the position as assistant Manager. Russell thank you for already putting that lame duck on blast, here we go….

“I think that in the last round, anybody who saw the team would have seen we had a lot of talent  but I think there was a lack of organization and cohesiveness in the team and if we can put that together in the next few months then we will have a good a chance as any team.”

We have to do our homework and know what the other team’s strengths and weaknesses but at the same time we have to know what are our own strengths and weaknesses and build on it. There are just some things I will have to bounce off the manager (Francisco Maturana) and hopefully we can come to an understanding and start working on these things.”

All the people who were talking about Lasta’s not ready…we shall see.  :)

This is just basic stuff he talk here. Anyone taking up a new post will have different ideas, does not make it right. Will have to wait and see.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 06:04:10 PM »
First, I will like to take my hat off on saying congratulations to Russell for accepting the position as assistant Manager. Russell thank you for already putting that lame duck on blast, here we go….

“I think that in the last round, anybody who saw the team would have seen we had a lot of talent  but I think there was a lack of organization and cohesiveness in the team and if we can put that together in the next few months then we will have a good a chance as any team.”

We have to do our homework and know what the other team’s strengths and weaknesses but at the same time we have to know what are our own strengths and weaknesses and build on it. There are just some things I will have to bounce off the manager (Francisco Maturana) and hopefully we can come to an understanding and start working on these things.”

All the people who were talking about Lasta’s not ready…we shall see.  :)

This is just basic stuff he talk here. Anyone taking up a new post will have different ideas, does not make it right. Will have to wait and see.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This basic  'stuff' is like the man reading  SW website and quotating stuff.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 06:07:12 PM »
yes G... ah hear ah name...

Well tell we nah Boi... :P

im a man who doh like ole talk, if a man come out and say he hear a new coach coming, say the name and done, this teasing garbage is for women not big men oui 8)
Yuh talking big dey Gino!

yuh know when yuh play dead yuh does catch corbeaux, ah seeing plenty circling the board of secrecy, oh wait nah, ent this is the board of edumication and misinformation
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 06:08:53 PM by Controversial »

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 06:24:02 PM »
would have thought that part of his mtg with JW would have included a sitdown with the present head coach as a critical part of any coaching team is compatibility and shared vision. With latas analysis of "lack of organization and cohesiveness", the first message being sent is a stab at the current staff ...hope the plan is to rebuild the staff around latas' analysis and not have him as a voice in the wilderness and a fractured coaching staff before the WCQs begin.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008, 06:34:19 PM »
Patriot/BM i pray all of all yuh correck.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 06:57:40 PM »
All the best Latas
I pray you see all the loops Jack can spin because something in all fo this just not going down right

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 07:08:52 PM »
All transactions involvin Jack eh right it left and far left.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2008, 07:25:06 PM »
I guess this means if Maturana slips up (again) then Latas has the job  ???
Right now we need to find a coach with proven international credentials...

The one we have now has proven international credentials. (Given prevailing sentiment against the man), I'm not so sure proven international credentials are a prerequisite for success in T&T football.

International experience from d 1800's eh helpin we. D sport has change since Mats was at he prime

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2008, 09:07:46 PM »
Enlightening ... considering that Beenhakker is older than Pacho.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2008, 09:16:35 PM »

Age is just a number. D Don kept abreast wit d happenings Pancho eh bring nutten new 2 d game from what I C

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2008, 10:26:47 PM »

Age is just a number. D Don kept abreast wit d happenings Pancho eh bring nutten new 2 d game from what I C

:)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2008, 10:07:19 AM »

i think pacho will do alot better now that corneal is out of the picture. dont forget i was lil boy corneal selecting the team

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2008, 10:27:41 PM »
Anton cyah blow he noise witout he pops. So is d snr chipmunk who was makin d decision.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2008, 10:33:35 PM »

i think pacho will do alot better now that corneal is out of the picture. dont forget i was lil boy corneal selecting the team

Where you hear that Anton Corneal is out of the picture?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2008, 05:47:54 AM »

D ting is nobody doh take he on and wit Latas in d picture he now go b ignored totally.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2009, 02:32:28 PM »
Latapy could speak Portuguese which is close to Spanish so the relation between Latapy and Maturana should bear fruits providing Alvin and Anton Corneal stay out of they business and the coaches get the tools to do the right job.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2009, 02:50:29 PM »
Anton have he hands full wit d u17. Is 3 teams tryin 2 go WC this yr.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2009, 09:20:19 PM »

D ting is nobody doh take he on and wit Latas in d picture he now go b ignored totally.

Without addressing whether yuh right or wrong ... either way, this points to a defective arrangement.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2009, 10:41:36 PM »

Without addressing whether yuh right or wrong ... either way, this points to a defective arrangement.

Defective arrangement is part of d MO of d TTFF.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2009, 10:47:31 AM »
Jack and everyone involved administratively with T&T football must become more responsible. Do they not take into consideration the possible impact their actions or lack of actions have on the players. All the uncertainty, constant changes in staffing etc does play on the minds of players. Players need to feel part of the squad and they must believe their efforts will be rewarded. With the constant shuffle of staff the players must be asking themselves "who is in charge?" Who is responsible for the ultimate decisions?  If Latas on coaching staff, then fine (that's settled). What is his role? That must be defined! So if he is responsible for the on field training, good. He sits down with the head coach and the head coach decides the direction of training etc. and what part is Latas responsible for. What part Anton responsible for and then get on with business. Right now it seems from the outside that the team is surrounded by uncertainty.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2009, 11:11:34 AM »
Jack and everyone involved administratively with T&T football must become more responsible. Do they not take into consideration the possible impact their actions or lack of actions have on the players. All the uncertainty, constant changes in staffing etc does play on the minds of players. Players need to feel part of the squad and they must believe their efforts will be rewarded. With the constant shuffle of staff the players must be asking themselves "who is in charge?" Who is responsible for the ultimate decisions?  If Latas on coaching staff, then fine (that's settled). What is his role? That must be defined! So if he is responsible for the on field training, good. He sits down with the head coach and the head coach decides the direction of training etc. and what part is Latas responsible for. What part Anton responsible for and then get on with business. Right now it seems from the outside that the team is surrounded by uncertainty.

Some peeps could only operate in a state of chaos. D peeps at d TTFF are some of these peeps

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2009, 02:59:16 PM »
Latapy on Monday Mornining Show ( think its this Monday 5th, Jan. 2009
For all the early birds... you can tune in to CNMG's First Up Morning Show from 6:30 am on Monday. Join National Team Press Officer Shaun Fuentes and Fazeer Mohammed as they discuss football in 2009 and the Soca Warriors Build up to the World Cup Qualifier vs El Salvador. Guest Appearance by Russell Latapy.

http://gnxnetwork.com/trythis/new.php

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2009, 03:19:02 PM »
Latapy on Monday Mornining Show ( think its this Monday 5th, Jan. 2009
For all the early birds... you can tune in to CNMG's First Up Morning Show from 6:30 am on Monday. Join National Team Press Officer Shaun Fuentes and Fazeer Mohammed as they discuss football in 2009 and the Soca Warriors Build up to the World Cup Qualifier vs El Salvador. Guest Appearance by Russell Latapy.

http://gnxnetwork.com/trythis/new.php

Thanks will have no take note of dat.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2009, 03:25:52 PM »

:applause: :applause:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2009, 04:31:05 PM »
How is this latest announcement /appointment any different than the firing of BSC and the appointing of a new coach (Beenhakker) at the  critical stage of qualifying? Remember the fiasco with Nahkid?

How best could we maximize from the knowledge of both Corneal and Latapy in assisting the head coach? Will it be a case of 'too many cooks..." or too many egos to control?

Moral of the story: who doh feel does suffer
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 04:39:47 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2009, 04:45:30 PM »
Once u involve emotionally wit we football u go suffer. If u in it 4 d lime no problem. As 4 d BSC scenario he was fired dumbtst still on d wuk so it worse.

1]; } ?>