March 28, 2024, 09:46:37 AM

Author Topic: Ex National Youth Footballer killed  (Read 2616 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ex National Youth Footballer killed
« on: December 29, 2008, 02:58:02 PM »
Yet again, we have lost another soul from our beloved land of T&T.
My bregrin, Aaron Catlyn, was killed this morning early, in Chaguanas, in an apparant shootout between 2 sets of men...
His life story is as follows:
born and bred in monte grande tunapuna to a very poor family.
Went to Tunapuna RC, started playing football and was a standout with a very good left foot.
Went onto Curepe JS in the early 90's, captained all the teams there, then onto St Augustine where he was an integral part of a very good team in the mid-late 90's under coach Kenny.
Was one half of the central midfield with Addae Rique. Caught the eye of the national U17 youth setup, played some games with them and was in training to go to mexico sometime in the mid 90's, but ruptured his ankle a couple days before departure. The rest as they say is history...Tried hard to get back in the game but was never the same, eventually falling off and settling for the odd super league and UWI league ball...Became a very good mechanic, found a wife, had 2 kids, put on a pot-belley and started a new dream of opening his own garage, for which he was working 7 days a week to try to achieve.
Wrong place and the wrong time, with the wrong set of people put that dream to an end.
You would never meet a more gentle human being than him. Even on the field, he had the utmost respect for the game. A gifted left foot, and poise in central midfield, he could have been in the era of Stern John and Mickey Trotman.
Just goes to show how many of our players and potential talent we are losing, either by a system that is not good enough to help our players through the roughest time of thier careers - post injury- , or by a social system that has killed over 500 T&T youths who could be the next potential Russel Latapy...
T&T, we are going nowhere in a hurry.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ex National Youth Footballer killed
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 03:06:45 PM »
Sad news... never heard of him, but sorry to hear all the same.

RIP

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 04:59:03 PM »
de young breddrin went to de same primary school as me.sad news.but this is de state of we beloved tnt.RIP young warrior.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 05:07:10 PM »
blessings... love from de gun paradise
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 05:12:07 PM »
It look like that lil country have more guns than de whole world. :( Anyway, Sorry about that sad story.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 05:14:08 PM by Weh-it-is »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline dspfootballer

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
The account given was implicate is former player.  Thanks for serving Trinidad and Tobago when you had ht opportunity RIP.

We should encourage our citizens to persue their dreams regardless of the obstacles and not blame the system, government, JW, etc.

Regards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 06:37:27 PM »
RIP another life gone down d drain.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 01:31:43 AM »
RIP.  Trinidad bad. Mr. Manning dont wait until ah bullet hit you or relative to act strong on the society.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 02:56:09 AM »
RIP.  Trinidad bad. Mr. Manning dont wait until ah bullet hit you or relative to act strong on the society.
Dey say Patos waitin until after some Conference it havin in Trini to "ack strong".

Yeah right!  ::)

Sorry to hear bout yuh padnah Trini....
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 07:26:17 AM »
RIP.....I cyar remember he but I do remember the Rique brothers....Addae and Atiba....whatever happen to them??

Anywho.....we at 542 (as at 7 pm last night....)  NEXT!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 07:48:29 AM »
Trini my condolences...

Here is the story

Trinidad Express

2 shot dead after club row
Yolandra John South Bureau

Tuesday, December 30th 2008

GRUESOME: Crime scene investigators and police officers at the scene where the body of Aaron Catlyn was found yesterday, a few metres away from the Rich Gold Hotel, Chase Village, Chaguanas. INSET: A police officer and a crime scene investigator exit the compound of the Rich Gold Hotel. - Photos: KRISHNA MAHARAJ

Angry residents called for the shutdown of a club and bar in Central Trinidad yesterday, after two men were shot dead earlier in what police described as gang-related killings.

Aaron Catlyn and Daniel Licorice were killed about 300 feet away from the club in Chase Village, Chaguanas. Their bullet-riddled bodies remained at the scene, one on the road and the other in a ditch, for several hours before being removed.

Catlyn, 30, was a mechanic of Lovell Street, Tunapuna, while Licorice, 27, of Harris Lane, also in Tunapuna, was said to be the owner of a clothing store at Busy Corner, Chaguanas.

Catlyn's body was found near a bullet-riddled blue Toyota Corolla. Licorice was attempting to leave in his brown Mitsubishi Charmant car when he was gunned down.

The killings took the murder toll to 546 for the year. Police said the killings were the result of a row which started in the club among two groups of men around 3.30 a.m. Shortly after they went outside the shooting started, investigators said. They said when Catlyn and Licorice attempted to drive off, the other group of men began shooting at them. Four cars were seized by police.

A resident, who lives nearby and who requested anonymity, said, "Around 3.35 a.m. I heard people cussing and when I came outside my home I saw a fight. When I saw the fight I went back inside, because it is not something unusual that takes place there. As soon as I was about to get on my bed I heard several loud explosions so I took cover."

He and several other residents called for more police patrols and closure of the club. They said increased night-time activity in Central Trinidad had brought with it illegal drugs, guns and ammunition.

"Just recently a hotel was raided by police officers and over seven Colombian women were arrested and deported and many people are being threatened and robbed outside there," Roberta Kamanie said.

Another resident, who told the Express he was afraid to give his name, said: "Last month I was robbed of $11 by two men who came out from a hotel. After they robbed me I was beaten by them because I did not have enough money."

Two men were held for the killing of Catlyn and Licorice.

Four men, who were held in one of the seized cars, a Silver Almera, were detained for the possession of firearms and were being held at the Marabella Police Station last night.

Sgt Joseph of Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in Freeport is continuing investigations.

Hours after the shooting, police attached to the Central Division arrested 12 Colombian women at the Rich Gold Hotel and Bar. The women were taken to the Freeport Police Station where they were handed over to the Immigration Department.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 08:00:21 AM »
Oh ho...I saw this on the news last night....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>