March 28, 2024, 05:48:23 AM

Author Topic: Russell Latapy This Is Your Life Video  (Read 5097 times)

Offline keiththebairn

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Russell Latapy This Is Your Life Video
« on: December 30, 2008, 04:16:23 AM »
Hi guys,

It seems the time is right to show you this video that I worked on. Thanks to Gary and Also Flex (sorry mate I couldn't get your sound working properly).

Part 1
http://www.viddler.com/explore/keiththebairn/videos/6/

Part 2
http://www.viddler.com/explore/keiththebairn/videos/7/

Part 3
http://www.viddler.com/explore/keiththebairn/videos/8/

Just to say thanks for the Little Magician. He will forever be remembered by Falkirk fans as a legend. Lets hope he helps you guys to WC 2010.

Thank You Latas

I'm really glad we gave him a good send off with Latapy Day...

Peace Out!

PS Shaun F any chance you can send me that Trini top with Latapy 10 on the back? I can send you my details etc again if you need them.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Russell Latapy This Is Your Life Video
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 06:57:39 AM »
somebody give this man the trinity cross.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 07:27:39 AM »
 :beermug: :beermug:

many years to come for de little magician...take we to the promise land again Latas, as a player and as a coach

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 07:28:09 AM »
Very well done.

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 09:25:14 AM »
We boy TI song play throughout the second installment.....wey yuh Controversial?

Big Mag yuh make sure yuh get yuh dig in on Beenie...lol
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 12:22:58 PM by truetrini »

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 10:26:49 AM »
not only does he deserve the trinity cross, he deserves house and land too. these vidoes been long anticipated, real nice. latapy run real pappy show on them scots. de boss for years and years to come. bless

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 10:53:17 AM »
I want this on a DVD!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 10:58:01 AM »
Nice work Keith  :applause:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 01:44:57 PM »
great job man!
Wonder if anyone can add to this - time in Portugal, early 90's playing for T&T in caribbean cups, etc etc.
The goal vs Norway also comes to minds, as well as the chip vs Mexico U-23 in the oval to win the game 3-2.
Also the gold cup game vs el salvador when he single handedly almost won the game for T&T after going 0-2 down...

A full length DVD might be too short for the highlights of this man.

I will even go as far to say that if Latapy could have been playing for a big world team, thus playing in multiple world cups and confederation cups, and perform at the same level these highlights above show, he could have been regarded almost on the same level as Pele and Maradona.
As it is, i could comfortably say he is the most gifted midfielder in CONCACAF of this generation (1985 to present).

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 03:14:41 PM »
Ah want ten more years of Latas.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 04:59:11 PM »
Ah want ten more years of Latas.
ah want Him around till he 80 :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 05:25:40 PM »
I want this on a DVD!!

Agreed so who bellin d cat and insurin dat it get done.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 05:44:46 PM »
Oh gard i feeling to sweat!  :wavetowel:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline goalmember

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 09:54:59 PM »
This man has spent almost his entire life representing Trinidad and Tobago, yet the only footage we have is him in the latter half of his career.  What about the Tech days, the U16 tournament, Jamaica, Portugal, Bradford City trials . . . unacceptable!!!  If this is our greatest footballer we need tuh come better dan dat!!!

Offline keiththebairn

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2008, 07:05:34 AM »
This man has spent almost his entire life representing Trinidad and Tobago, yet the only footage we have is him in the latter half of his career.  What about the Tech days, the U16 tournament, Jamaica, Portugal, Bradford City trials . . . unacceptable!!!  If this is our greatest footballer we need tuh come better dan dat!!!
Tried my best mate!! ;D

I love Latas!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 07:17:33 AM »

What have you contributed ?

keiththebairn is not even Trini and yet he did this wonderful video, be thankful fool...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 07:49:33 AM »

I agree with Sam..........you are such an ungrateful fool.

Where are your clips? Where is your contribution? Some people are born to pull down and cry down others!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 08:00:06 AM »

Ah next uneducated fool.

Dont study him Keith. Thanks for the videos, and btw - where did you get the T&T clips to add as I see the same on Flex youtube website.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 10:05:24 AM »
Remarkable piece of work. Take a  :notworthy: salute.

A Tribute to the greatest T&T Footballer of all time  :applause:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 10:27:57 AM »
Ah doh think the man meant it like that .I think he just sad ,we have so much missing footage of latas lost forever ,dont think he was dissing keith .
Great job  btw Keith .

Goalmember for real how can we come better ,portugal is gone .Keith loved all the falkirk moments ,what the hell did you rewatch every game he ever played and pull the high lites  :o
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 10:42:35 AM by Quagmire »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 10:59:29 AM »
truth be told about a couple years ago, i was studying to start a lil latapy project and tried to establish contact with boavista and academica coimbra through their websites to request any video footage whatsoever..

nothing really came of that, but it would be good if we could compile some footage from those years of his career.

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 11:23:03 AM »
This is a best -- thanks Keith  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline pufftrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 11:38:51 AM »
Keith this is brilliant. Thanks man.
every man has the right to an opinion but that does not give him the right to be a jackass

Offline goalmember

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 09:21:19 AM »
Keith, let me start with an apology, I was not discounting your effort but rather bringing to the surface an issue that has bothered me for sometime.  My statement was not an attack on you but rather the nation as a whole for not adequately preserving the memories of one of the world's greatest.  And in all fairness to you, despite the constraints you still did a remarkable job.   I, and I do believe many on here share the same sentiment, consider myself fortunate to having witnessed the genius that is Russell Latapy - him coming on against Paraguay was my greatest memory.  However, after devoting his entire adult life to Trinidad and Trinidad football we have very little to show.  So much of this guy is lost that the next generation may be denied the privelege of seeing his mastery.  Keith I am not knocking your effort, I just believe collectively we need to put forth a better product.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 10:14:23 AM »
Goalmember

Doh study it everybody super sensitive these days.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 07:29:31 PM »
great work.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2009, 08:19:08 PM »
Keith, let me start with an apology, I was not discounting your effort but rather bringing to the surface an issue that has bothered me for sometime.  My statement was not an attack on you but rather the nation as a whole for not adequately preserving the memories of one of the world's greatest.  And in all fairness to you, despite the constraints you still did a remarkable job.   I, and I do believe many on here share the same sentiment, consider myself fortunate to having witnessed the genius that is Russell Latapy - him coming on against Paraguay was my greatest memory.  However, after devoting his entire adult life to Trinidad and Trinidad football we have very little to show.  So much of this guy is lost that the next generation may be denied the privelege of seeing his mastery.  Keith I am not knocking your effort, I just believe collectively we need to put forth a better product.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

goalmember good job! yuh apologize, clarify what yuh meant and eh stoop to respond to de buff (deservedly too ;)) yuh get from men, yuh coulda start calling man all kinda name, yet yuh chose not to....credit to you.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2009, 10:24:42 PM »
Posts like this WILL make 2009 a better year than 2008 ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2009, 10:39:56 PM »
Posts like this WILL make 2009 a better year than 2008 ;)

Doh hold yuh breath

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2009, 11:17:49 PM »
The footage eint lost eh .It survives ...we just doh have it .Its in the Vaults of TTT and in portugal ,The only person who could get it for us is The man himself Latapy .
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 11:24:52 PM by Quagmire »

1]; } ?>