April 27, 2024, 04:21:04 PM

Author Topic: St Clair’s bid for Pro League.  (Read 3232 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
St Clair’s bid for Pro League.
« on: February 04, 2009, 05:13:17 AM »
St Clair’s bid for Pro League.
By Walter Alibey (Newsday).

There is a possibility that the number of teams in the TT Pro League may increase this year.

Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of TT Pro League Dexter Skeene has revealed that five new teams are interested in joining, including St Clair Coaching School, of which former national coach, Tobagonian Bertille St Clair, is in charge.

The other teams are listed as Point Fortin-based Southend FC, Marabella Flames, bMobile Super-league giants Angostura 1976 Phoenix and Police, who were forced out because officers were recalled to active duty due to the escalating crime situation last year.

The applications were to be discussed, among many other issues at a meeting of the Pro League Board yesterday.

The new teams must meet the requirements of a $400,000 affiliate fee as well as proof that they can pay players on an ongoing basis. Meanwhile, Skeene also pointed out that the situation with Clico San Juan Jabloteh will be discussed, as they have done in the past with all teams.

“When Clico Jabloteh brings the matter before the league it will be discussed,” he said.

Members of Jabloteh have stated that they face a bleak future, following last Friday’s announcement by CL Financial Executive Chairman Lawrence Duprey that the asset-rich conglomerate is bankrupt.

Government has since stepped in and taken control agreeing to bail-out the cash-strapped conglomerate which Prime Minister Patrick Manning said is worth more than $8 billion.

According to Skeene, the meeting will chart the way forward for the Pro League this season and find new ways of increasing the marketability and bringing more fans to the matches.

Only recently North East Stars of Sangre Grande threatened to pull out after it failed to secure the use of the Sangre Grande Recreation Ground where they wanted their matches to be played last season.

Newsday learnt that North East owner Darryl Mahabir has since been in regular contact with the Sangre Grande Regional Corpora-tion to have the facility refurbished and maintained.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: St Clair’s bid for Pro League.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 05:23:05 AM »
I wonder who will be the financier for St. Clair Coaching School?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 05:28:33 AM »
Go St. Clair Coaching School!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 06:08:43 AM »
I wonder who will be the financier for St. Clair Coaching School?

Wouldnt surprise me if Yorke is part financier
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 06:32:45 AM »
I would not mind helping the Marabella Flames myself.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 07:27:36 AM »
Who is generally responsible for transport costs to and from games? The clubs or the league?

For example, if Chelsea going to play Southampton, does the FA pay or is it Chlesea cost? I would assume is the FA but then I hear of clubs chartering private jets or flying instead of taking a bus. If it is the club, does the same apply for Europe? Imagine Cardiff or some other smaller side qualifying for the UEFA cup and having to foot the bill to fly to Russia for games
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 09:01:32 AM »
Who is generally responsible for transport costs to and from games? The clubs or the league?

For example, if Chelsea going to play Southampton, does the FA pay or is it Chlesea cost? I would assume is the FA but then I hear of clubs chartering private jets or flying instead of taking a bus. If it is the club, does the same apply for Europe? Imagine Cardiff or some other smaller side qualifying for the UEFA cup and having to foot the bill to fly to Russia for games
Travel expenses would be offset by gate receipts, no?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 10:21:08 AM »
i wonder who will be their players. that team usually has alot of guys going on scholarships or playing secondary school ball
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 11:12:51 AM »

Cardiff not getting much of the gate receipts when they travel to 5000 seater stadium in Russia. Far less in our pro league...just wondering who job it is to make sure St. Clair Coaching School could actually make all their games in the pro league and vice versa.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 11:27:54 AM »
I was just wondering if Tobago has enough quality players to produce two teams in the Pro league,i'm not even looking at money because if year after year a team playing in the pro league with no results and another one wants to get in it means money is not a problem.Are they trying to improve/uplift the standard of the league or what?people done not going to see Football,the league have to get teams people will come out to see play not just for the league to survive,i know what i'm saying may come across harsh but my thoughts are if the players of these two teams can come together Tobago could be a contender in the Pro league,other than that either of them will survive alone.   

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 12:22:35 PM »
Dey could easily bring out two teams.  It will be good exposure for a bigger group of players rather than just one select team playing for the pride of Tobago.  Development should be the overall objective for our whole country and giving more youths a chance to advance themselves using football as a career.  It pains me to read posts on dis forum like - What ever happen to Dexter Sandy, Garth Pollonais...jes plug in yuh favourite players' names from de past here and yuh could see where ah going with dis.  De more de merrier as long as the proper finances, programs and structures are in place.  Having several teams in Tobago creates rivalry which is good for any sport.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 12:55:32 PM »
Dey could easily bring out two teams.  It will be good exposure for a bigger group of players rather than just one select team playing for the pride of Tobago.  Development should be the overall objective for our whole country and giving more youths a chance to advance themselves using football as a career.  It pains me to read posts on dis forum like - What ever happen to Dexter Sandy, Garth Pollonais...jes plug in yuh favourite players' names from de past here and yuh could see where ah going with dis.  De more de merrier as long as the proper finances, programs and structures are in place.  Having several teams in Tobago creates rivalry which is good for any sport.
      I understand your views but the one team in the Pro league have a set of foreigners on it so i don't know how many Tobago players really benifiting from this development you talking about.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 02:22:21 PM »

Cardiff not getting much of the gate receipts when they travel to 5000 seater stadium in Russia. Far less in our pro league...just wondering who job it is to make sure St. Clair Coaching School could actually make all their games in the pro league and vice versa.

The usual set up is that the club pays transport... what the actual set up in any league is would be anyone's guess.  Under the usual set up Cardiff get's a percentage of the gate... visiting team always does.  Negotiable for friendlies, but usually set in stone for fixtures, competitions and internationals.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 05:18:53 PM »

so you advocate putting more water to make more coffee right ? The tobago team playing now have to include foreigners and they are table proppers ...you think getting more of the same will make things better ?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 05:24:19 PM »
Everyone want to show they in charge and not willing to compromise. while this happening the youth and them not getting the attention they require to get better.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline teddy bear

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 08:14:14 PM »
We've discussed this "Tobago team" in the past and have said time and time again that the better players in Bago are not playing for this team for 1 reason or the other. Therefore it is feasable that another team can play, and be competitive in the league. Plus players like Keon Daniel and Makan , also 3 others that were at Mau Pau are all still coaching school players and were just loaned out to Petrotrin etc. And the returning players from schols. etc can also make this a very competitive team.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 09:16:59 PM »
I think the clubs in Trinidad and Tobago (especially Tobago) need to be marketed as community based and primarily community owned teams.  That would elevate community pride and engage a better following.  They can still get corporate support, of course.  That is just my take and being away from Tobago for many years I don't know for sure if it would work but it may be better than one company or businessman trying to run a team and attendance might be increased as well.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 09:58:18 PM »
If BSC gets in - expect these players to play for him sometime during the season:

MF - Keon Daniel
DF - Makan Hislop
 F - Kevin Nelson
 F - Kareen Yearwood
MF - Darren Toby

With the possibility of former Vancouver Whitecaps GK - Richard Goddard
and MF - Hayden Fitzwilliams - Toronto Croatia

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:59:56 PM by Baygo Boy »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 10:51:47 AM »
If BSC gets in - expect these players to play for him sometime during the season:

MF - Keon Daniel
DF - Makan Hislop
 F - Kevin Nelson
 F - Kareen Yearwood
MF - Darren Toby

With the possibility of former Vancouver Whitecaps GK - Richard Goddard
and MF - Hayden Fitzwilliams - Toronto Croatia

Keon Daniel ? yea right.

Offline FineMan

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 11:04:22 AM »
Y'all need to know that Bertille has been talking about joining the pro league since it first started. Putting a team on the pitch and winning games is not that far-fetched. Also, there is no doubt that Bertille will be able to attract a lot of talented foreign and local players. The hard work of staying competitive in the pro leauge happens behind the scenes, not sure if most small clubs have what it takes to stay afloat on that end. I won't believe it until it happens.

1]; } ?>