April 19, 2024, 01:18:46 AM

Author Topic: Sad News (Giselle Salandy)  (Read 38665 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Giselle Salandy (Accident)
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2009, 12:31:19 PM »
Watch meh I rel vex......people home have to learn. Just the other night to outstanding sports people get in accident. Now, 2 more in the same thing. SLOW DOWN, we have to learn to take responsibility for ourselves. Slow down. I went home and places where you should be doing 30 mph, men doing 70mph. On the Highway is all kinda 80mph on road that not good. Yuh could only blame the government for so much. Personal responsiblity have to be a serious initiative.

Come on people think, please.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2009, 12:42:37 PM »
T&T's undefeated boxer Jizelle Salandy, dead in vehicular accident
January 4th, 2009
CTNTWorld

Police say she hit a concrete cylinder lying at the side of the road and went approximately 143 feet airborne. The vehicle then dropped and hit the pillar of the flyover.

She had won all of her 17 professional bouts.

How in the world could they know that her body went so high in the air? Who are these witnesses?
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM »
Guesstimation is how we conduct business so 143 ft it is.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2009, 01:00:10 PM »
This is accident season for years dey know that and nobody try or will do anything to help  prevent this from happening .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2009, 01:03:30 PM »
This is accident season for years dey know that and nobody try or will do anything to help  prevent this from happening .

Do what zulu but police on every corner personal responsibility at what pt that kicks in. Is a set ah paper car we drivin yes d roads bad we know dat so slow down.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2009, 01:04:12 PM »
RIP GS
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2009, 01:15:27 PM »
Watch meh I rel vex......people home have to learn. Just the other night to outstanding sports people get in accident. Now, 2 more in the same thing. SLOW DOWN, we have to learn to take responsibility for ourselves. Slow down. I went home and places where you should be doing 30 mph, men doing 70mph. On the Highway is all kinda 80mph on road that not good. Yuh could only blame the government for so much. Personal responsiblity have to be a serious initiative.

This is real talk.

Maybe I juss numb to it... I feel sympathy for her family and all, but people need to be responsible in their actions.  Speeding, drinking and driving... not wearing seatbelts... driving on bald tires, improperly maintained vehicles etc.

I'm not here to judge... but people need to be more responsible.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2009, 01:19:45 PM »

:notworthy: :notworthy: well said.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2009, 01:21:08 PM »

This is real talk.

Maybe I juss numb to it... I feel sympathy for her family and all, but people need to be responsible in their actions.  Speeding, drinking and driving... not wearing seatbelts... driving on bald tires, improperly maintained vehicles etc.

Responsible??!!.....HA!....in T&T??!!....never happen!!.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2009, 01:28:59 PM »

This is real talk.

Yeah boy was meh cousin Monique involve in that... I almost cry when I hear the news... now this drama

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sad News (Giselle Salandy)
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2009, 01:37:32 PM »
This is just not fair- she was just 21 had such a promising career and her whole life ahead of her. This really is a tragedy. I'm still shocked. Condolences to her fam.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2009, 01:38:31 PM »
January 4th, 2009
CTNTWorld

Police say she hit a concrete cylinder lying at the side of the road and went approximately 143 feet airborne. The vehicle then dropped and hit the pillar of the flyover.

How in the world could they know that her body went so high in the air? Who are these witnesses?

RIP, Giselle

That would be 143 horizontal feet I'd think. No seatbelt, otherwise I don't think that distance is plausible. The way it's written though it's ambiguous about what flew that distance, she or the whole car... "the vehicle then dropped" but I don't see a car going that far in the air either (although it was a tiny Yaris).

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2009, 01:40:22 PM »
January 4th, 2009
CTNTWorld

RIP, Giselle

That would be 143 horizontal feet I'd think. No seatbelt, otherwise I don't think that distance is plausible. The way it's written though it's ambiguous about what flew that distance, she or the whole car... "the vehicle then dropped" but I don't see a car going that far in the air either (although it was a tiny Yaris).

i think it have to be a typo and its referring to the vehicle.

either 13 or 14 feet airborne.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2009, 01:48:45 PM »
Is still a guestimation.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »
RIP and condolences to all her friends and family.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2009, 02:11:38 PM »
January 4th, 2009
CTNTWorld

RIP, Giselle

i think it have to be a typo and its referring to the vehicle.

either 13 or 14 feet airborne.

When they say "airborne" they are probably referring to the car losing traction and leaving the road. Whether the car was flipping, hopping or skipping over the road it would have been "flying". 143 ft is probably the distance between the initial concrete obstacle and the flyover.

Whatever the details, it is a sad loss. RIP.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2009, 02:27:14 PM »
Guardian story

T&T boxing queen Jizelle Salandy dies
Published: January 4th, 2009
Trinidad and Tobago boxing queen, Jizelle Salandy, died early this morning following a major vehicular accident. The car in which Salandy was travelling hit a pillar on the of the flyover on the Beetham Highway on the outskirts of Port of Spain.

The young female boxer, who would have turned 22 later this month, succumbed to her injuries at the Port of Spain General Hospital at around 8.29 a.m.

The other occupant of the vehicle, national women’s footballer Tamara Watson, is reported to be undergoing emergency surgery after suffering two broken legs. She was also listed as being in critical condition.

At a press conference this morning, Minister of Sport Gary Hunt promised that the government of Trinidad and Tobago will foot the bill for the boxer’s funeral.

Salandy retires unbeaten with a record of 17-0, with six knockouts. At the time of her death, she held eight titles, including the WBC, WBA and WIBA belts.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2009, 02:40:43 PM »
Weary how yuh mean do wah ? the comish of police could make a statement that they would be at strajectic points checking for drunk drivers and if you are driving drunk they would take yuh kar and  license would be suspended i bet it would not have that much accidents .all the police have to do is try something good for once .

recently a friend of mine came out of a party and went in his karr jus as he started it their was the cops give him test he fail the breath alyser test they took his karr and suspended his license you telling me that would not work eh .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2009, 02:50:40 PM »
Zulu how much check pts u will have. I am not sayin d police eh have no responsibilty but we need a police 4 every man/woman/child in TNT. We need 2 take some personal responsibility. U C Min of Sport come out quick and say dey fundin d funeral. Is he responsibility 2 bury she because dat go just confirm he boo boo status.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2009, 03:16:08 PM »
Weary how yuh mean do wah ? the comish of police could make a statement that they would be at strajectic points checking for drunk drivers and if you are driving drunk they would take yuh kar and  license would be suspended i bet it would not have that much accidents .all the police have to do is try something good for once .

recently a friend of mine came out of a party and went in his karr jus as he started it their was the cops give him test he fail the breath alyser test they took his karr and suspended his license you telling me that would not work eh .

For real, it would make a huge difference. In Trinidad, I drive home drunk all the time...if I knew I might get stopped, I would think twice...so would others.

If dey looking for places to put checkpoints, start by setting up a few miles from some of d major nightclubs and free drinks parties. It will make a difference.

RIP

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2009, 03:16:50 PM »
R.I.P Giselle sad news

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2009, 03:29:17 PM »
yuh know just friday i was out and see some boxing on tv and stop to watch hoping it was dis girl was boxing; it wasn't. now to hear she passed...i'm stunned, RIP Giselle.

yuh see what Big Mag and weary et.al talk bout, dat whole personal responsibility thing? dat huge!! for those who don't already know dat, dat is...ah sure dey wouldn't (mightn't) have brought it up if de circumstances were different, yuh know like if some idiot run into she car while overtaking a line ah traffic or someting like dat?

peeps back home and who going back home, dammit man even peeps who living abroad, take responsibilty for yuh own safety nah...and for the drinkers (mostly in foreign), doh wait for no police to ketch yuh outside no bar or driving to make yuh stop taking the chance and driving drunk nah. bless

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2009, 03:30:53 PM »

For real, it would make a huge difference. In Trinidad, I drive home drunk all the time...if I knew I might get stopped, I would think twice...so would others.

If dey looking for places to put checkpoints, start by setting up a few miles from some of d major nightclubs and free drinks parties. It will make a difference.

RIP

Lets us hope nobody eh get rob or kill by dem nghtclub because d police checkin on big man who want 2 drink and drive.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2009, 04:06:19 PM »
Wait..

Generally speaking eh.
What does the police have to do with someone stupidity ?

You have common sense. You reading the front page of the newspapers every day.
There are street signs left and right on each road and highway in Trinidad and Tobago - not so ?
You have seat belts, air bag.
The police have other major issues to be concerned about, other than to mind your aggessive, ignorant behavior on the highway.
Even the passengers have a responsiblity in a car they in. Anybody does say 'ya driving too fast?

Is not this New Year or Christmas season that somebody we know that dead in some accident on the roads.

Sad to say she ain't the first and certainly won't be the last.

In this forum alone, the locals, how many of you ever drove within the speed limit on the highway ??? Which is 100mph...how much ah allyuh ???

Generally speaking again, if you planning to drive home drunk - go ahead, kill ya self, but doh take innocent people with you nah...

Is madness on the flicking highways man...AND IS YOUNG PEOPLE...steupse!!

Look at Thompson. I read somewhere that the driver took responsiblity for breaking a stop sign or something so.
Anybody get charge ??? Or did it go under dey rug ???

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Sad News (Giselle Salandy)
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2009, 04:10:35 PM »
I don't understand...What is not fair ??

Speeding ???
Aggressive driving ???
Not wearing seat belts ???

What is not fair ???

Is ah damn sad day, but oh gosh man, people need to LISTEN.

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2009, 04:18:16 PM »
truly sad! First Richard Thompson (luckily he survived) now Jizzelle our boxing hero.  Who next? 

RIP Jizelle

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2009, 04:23:10 PM »
Seeing this link in this section was a heads-up that something major was in progress ... but, I didn't figure it would be fatal. Plenty achieved in that short life ... weeks away from a 22nd birthday.

RIP sistah RIP

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2009, 04:33:56 PM »
truly sad! First Richard Thompson (luckily he survived) now Jizzelle our boxing hero.  Who next? 

RIP Jizelle

its the Modern cars on 1950's roads. Plus they need more laws and law enforcements

But oh lord spell the girl first name right people. lend her a lil respect
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 04:36:53 PM by Babalawo »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2009, 04:37:50 PM »
My friend in Trinidad told me that she fell asleep at the wheel.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2009, 04:47:43 PM »

RIP Jizelle

its the Modern cars on 1950's roads. Plus they need more laws and law enforcements

But oh lord spell the girl first name right people. lend her a lil respect

1950s roads? really?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>