April 29, 2024, 10:47:54 AM

Author Topic: Jones and I will succeed - Cisse  (Read 3887 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jones and I will succeed - Cisse
« on: January 06, 2009, 10:25:02 AM »
BBC Sport

Sunderland striker Djibril Cisse has urged fans to give him and team-mate Kenwyne Jones time to click as a partnership away from home.

The duo have impressed in manager Ricky Sbragia's system during home games but Cisse admitted they can improve on their link-up play in away games.

"We seem to score goals and play better home than away, it's coming on though," he told BBC Radio Newcastle.

"We still have time and need to know each other better."

The Wearsiders' 2-1 win against Bolton in Saturday's FA Cup third round tie saw the return to the side of winger Carlos Edwards for his first start under new boss Sbragia.

And French international Cisse was delighted to see the Trinidad and Tobago international back to his teasing best on the flanks.

"He's the kind of player who can bring skills on the wing and good crosses," he said.

"After that I don't know how the manager is going to pick the team but with Carlos, and Pascal not usually in the team and doing great, it's going to be hard for Ricky [Sbragia]."

Cisse is on a season-long loan from French Ligue 1 side Marseille, with a view to a permanent move, and has scored nine goals in 22 appearances.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:16:48 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Jones and I will succeed - Cisse
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 10:34:30 AM »
maybe de next yorke and cole. ::)
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 11:31:47 AM »
BBC Sport

And French international Cisse was delighted to see the Trinidad and Tobago international back to his teasing best on the flanks.

"He's the kind of player who can bring skills on the wing and good crosses," he said.

Given de comments about Carlos on dis site...especially wrt his crossing, yuh would swear Cisse have to be talkin out he ass!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 11:35:06 AM »
BBC Sport

Given de comments about Carlos on dis site...especially wrt his crossing, yuh would swear Cisse have to be talkin out he ass!

boy that is exactly what I was thinking

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 11:36:39 AM »
BBC Sport

Cisse was probably sleeping in the first half on Saturday. Because from all accounts, including radio commentary and the manager's post-game interview, Carlos' crossing was indeed terrible. They had at least 3 or 4 good opportunities break down with a shit delivery from the right. Is only in the second half he eventually start to come correct.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:38:52 AM by Gillie Face »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 11:43:17 AM »
BBC Sport

Cisse was probably sleeping in the first half on Saturday. Because from all accounts, including radio commentary and the manager's post-game interview, Carlos' crossing was indeed terrible. They had at least 3 or 4 good opportunities break down with a shit delivery from the right. Is only in the second half he eventually start to come correct.

So in other words....Cisse talkin out he ass.....right?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 11:59:40 AM »
the few games I've seen jones and cisse play together... they seem to always trying to do the same thing and/or get in each others way.

would love to see them "click".

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 12:02:06 PM »
BBC Sport

So in other words....Cisse talkin out he ass.....right?
On a second reading, he said Carlos can bring good crosses. I don't think anybody here argues against that point. The debate is about his consistency.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 12:10:45 PM »
BBC Sport

You ever see Cisse head? You would take anyting he say seriously?

Cisse is being kind and optimistic. Gillie has it about right Carlos can bring crosses, just doesn't do it well enough often enough.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 12:32:02 PM »
On a second reading, he said Carlos can bring good crosses. I don't think anybody here argues against that point. The debate is about his consistency.

I now coming to say this... everybody know Carlos has the potential to be a good EPL winger, he just hasn't brought it consistently since promotion.

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 12:41:16 PM »
And just how many chances has he had to produce it?

The man came off injury, was playing for a shit team and a shittier coach.  All of last seasona nd most of this season he ride pine, games bring confidence, let the f**king man be.

How many players on Sunderland have "brung" it since promotion?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 12:42:04 PM »
I eh getting some ah allyuh nah ! How many years local fans saying dat carlos has to improve on his crosses ? Allyuh din see de cuba game ? If by radio reports last game de commentators was saying de same ting ...Cisse could say what he want ! carlos has still to get that right. I cant see how a professional player so long in de game cant get a simple thging like that right. Maybe he should just be made to bring crosses every practice session.
Carlos for me was de standout T&T player in Germany ...guess that aspect of his game was not brought to the test as we were more concerned with defending ..little choice ...but against minnows like we have here in de caribbean carlos should really be doing better. It cant be that he does not know that he is weak in this area ? Dais like saying Shakira hips does lie ! de evidence is there !!!
Cisse is on loan ..he just trying to make ah case for staying ....me  and Kenwyn.... me and carlos ..me and anybody who looking like dey go be there next year unless ah big team buy them ....dais all.

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 12:48:02 PM »
I eh getting some ah allyuh nah ! How many years local fans saying dat carlos has to improve on his crosses ? Allyuh din see de cuba game ? If by radio reports last game de commentators was saying de same ting ...Cisse could say what he want ! carlos has still to get that right. I cant see how a professional player so long in de game cant get a simple thging like that right. Maybe he should just be made to bring crosses every practice session.
Carlos for me was de standout T&T player in Germany ...guess that aspect of his game was not brought to the test as we were more concerned with defending ..little choice ...but against minnows like we have here in de caribbean carlos should really be doing better. It cant be that he does not know that he is weak in this area ? Dais like saying Shakira hips does lie ! de evidence is there !!!
Cisse is on loan ..he just trying to make ah case for staying ....me  and Kenwyn.... me and carlos ..me and anybody who looking like dey go be there next year unless ah big team buy them ....dais all.

steups.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 12:50:36 PM »
I should also be making poositive suggestions ...anybody could criticize ...maybe Carlos  should take a few sessions with leroy Spann or even Alvin Corneal. Many sportsmen have gone back to former greats for help with a particular problem ..dais noting new !
When gally wanted to beef up de strike squad he looked to no other than Brandon Bailey, formet weight lifter. daryl brown also went that route. Men used to check Charlie davis when spinners would get them out... Sometime we let former greatsw die with their secrets simply because they did not go into coaching ...I surprised that de powers dat be eh give ato nothing permanent in athletics !!!
Ato could teach our young sprinters how to start !!! burns could do wid dat eh ?
anyhow ah digressing ...de food settling you see !

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 12:50:43 PM »
BBC Sport

Cisse must say dat... dem is liming partners.. yuh ent see Cisse say dey does go out and dance passa passa right through

anyhow Carlos could cross man... just little inconsisent at times..
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 12:52:43 PM »

The man came off injury, was playing for a shit team and a shittier coach.  All of last season and most of this season he ride pine, games bring confidence, let the f**king man be.

I not even thinking about Sunderland. I looking at what he does for TnT.

He is still a player we love and the best choice for the right side but he is not the best crosser. Nothing wrong with saying that.

Even when he was in ripping form for us and Sunderland in the Championship he was more productive beating his man and creating something in the inside channel rather than crossing from the line.

I should add though that crossing is a catch 22 for us.

It is not something that we develop in players because we like to dribble in to the box. We also rarely have 2 and 3 players in the box so when Carlos have the ball to cross the bar is raised because we want it to hit that one man, who usually covered by 2 or 3 defenders.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 12:55:58 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 01:06:22 PM »

The man came off injury, was playing for a shit team and a shittier coach.  All of last season and most of this season he ride pine, games bring confidence, let the f**king man be.

I not even thinking about Sunderland. I looking at what he does for TnT.

He is still a player we love and the best choice for the right side but he is not the best crosser. Nothing wrong with saying that.

Even when he was in ripping form for us and Sunderland in the Championship he was more productive beating his man and creating something in the inside channel rather than crossing from the line.

I should add though that crossing is a catch 22 for us.

It is not something that we develop in players because we like to dribble in to the box. We also rarely have 2 and 3 players in the box so when Carlos have the ball to cross the bar is raised because we want it to hit that one man, who usually covered by 2 or 3 defenders.

Yeah I go agree to a certain extent but Carlos in england too long now for dat to hold still.....de man have to get some specialized coaching because it is a problem for him. If he could get dat right he would be a more valuable prospect in de EPL too...look at beckham .....He doh go past nobody ,,,he kyah go past nobody ..but he could cross !!! his entire career is based on the fact that he could find players with crosses.....ah just watch ah AC milan training session and what you think dey was showing ...beckham crossing to Ronaldinho and Ronaldinho crossing to beckham .and de rest ah de team watching on ..Ancellotti done know dat he could get something for his young players in de deal by bringing mohammed to the mountain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 01:20:50 PM »
ah just watch ah AC milan training session and what you think dey was showing ...beckham crossing to Ronaldinho and Ronaldinho crossing to beckham .and de rest ah de team watching on ..Ancellotti done know dat he could get something for his young players in de deal by bringing mohammed to the mountain.

Dey show yuh dat highlight because crossing is de ONLY ting Beckham could do on a football field dis rounds.  Doh play like is some kinda footballing prowess dat have Beckham at Milan.

And surely you not naive enough to think that Ancellotti had ANYTHING to do with bringing Beckham to AC Milan.  Beckham's SOLE purpose at AC Milan is to sell merchandise and provide indirect revenue from TV rights, promotions, sponsorship etc.  Especially in this current world economic climate.  If it was left to footballing ability alone, he woulda struggle to make W Connection and all. 

Maybe Beckham & Riquelme could start a has been squad.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:23:04 PM by palos »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 01:51:02 PM »

The man came off injury, was playing for a shit team and a shittier coach.  All of last seasona nd most of this season he ride pine, games bring confidence, let the f**king man be.

How does any of this help prove that Carlos is a good EPL winger and crosser of the ball?

Stop being so emotional and let reason guide yuh argument sometimes.  What other Sunderland players doing have little bearing on Carlos' ability to make consistently probing and accurate crosses.  Carlos' injuries, at best only offer an explanation (excuse?) as to WHY he hasn't been consistent... in itself, it doesn't show that he's been consistent.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 02:00:55 PM »

OOOOH GUUUUUUUUUUD!!! NAAAAAAAAAH

:rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 03:39:12 PM »
Ever since Carlos got the back to back injuries everything has been going down hill for him. He has not recovered  mentally or emoionally as far as I am concern.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 04:40:25 PM »
ah just watch ah AC milan training session and what you think dey was showing ...beckham crossing to Ronaldinho and Ronaldinho crossing to beckham .and de rest ah de team watching on ..Ancellotti done know dat he could get something for his young players in de deal by bringing mohammed to the mountain.

Dey show yuh dat highlight because crossing is de ONLY ting Beckham could do on a football field dis rounds.  Doh play like is some kinda footballing prowess dat have Beckham at Milan.

And surely you not naive enough to think that Ancellotti had ANYTHING to do with bringing Beckham to AC Milan.  Beckham's SOLE purpose at AC Milan is to sell merchandise and provide indirect revenue from TV rights, promotions, sponsorship etc.  Especially in this current world economic climate.  If it was left to footballing ability alone, he woulda struggle to make W Connection and all. 

Dey show yuh dat highlight because crossing is de ONLY ting Beckham could do on a football field dis rounds

Dais exactly my point Palos ..Beckham is ah crosser ...he kyah go past players etc ..go and read the ting properly nah ! You know just when i was only thinking that you getting dis football ting right you open yuh mouth and remove all doubt !

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 04:56:40 PM »

[/quote]

Since google could only help yuh if yuh know what to google ..let me summarise for you ...
Juan roman riquelme led argentina to the olympic title this season. He also led Boca to the Apertura title in Argentina( this is the first of two tournaments that is played per season ) That's two titles so far ...if that qualifies as washed up then tell me what is not !
If yuh want to know how riquelme doing and yuh dont have direct Tv you could ask you know ...

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 05:27:59 PM »

Since google could only help yuh if yuh know what to google ..let me summarise for you ...
Juan roman riquelme led argentina to the olympic title this season. He also led Boca to the Apertura title in Argentina( this is the first of two tournaments that is played per season ) That's two titles so far ...if that qualifies as washed up then tell me what is not !
If yuh want to know how riquelme doing and yuh dont have direct Tv you could ask you know ...
[/quote]
ah man get bait rel easy here tho..

anyways..carlos set up quite a few goals for wolves, sunlun and trinidad with his poor crossing this year....but i hope he really gets better...so that ppl would remember the good crosses he actually makes as opposed to the "terrible" ones...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 05:50:27 PM »
becks 2 crosses win a champions league for man utd in 1999,, aND DWIGHT HAVE A MEDAL TOO
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 07:33:39 PM »
Emotional?  How many opportunites has he ahd to prove that he is a good passer of the ball in the EPL?

Dat is de real question, if you could make a judgement when he eh play too many, take win Mr Bakes.

This is like de stern is a lazy footballer shit talk.

If stern so lazy and so shitty, why he score against so many teams and we out de daMN cARIBBEAN cHAMPIONSHIPS WITHOUT HIM!  Cyar score against shiity ass Grenada and barbados except thru penalties.

Carlos is a good player, he is not a great player.  He has NOT had the opportunity to be categorized as a poor crosser or even an inconsistent crosser in the EPL.

And if he so poor as a winger, why he still playing for Sunderland?  And why Wolves asking for him to come to them?

STEUPS>

Talk done

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 08:02:12 PM »
without knowing for a fact, i want to believe carlos (and his coach) knows his shortcomings (or is that shortcrossings, ah know, ah know, dat was poor) and as a pro would have done what needs to be done....like one man say, staying after practice or going in early or going in on he day-off or some frigging thing to fix he problem, right?

all seriousness aside though.....
"yuh ent see Cisse say dey does go out and dance passa passa right through."
ah know ah have ah poor sense ah humor eh, daiz why ah cyah stop laughing at dat one :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2009, 03:41:27 AM »

The only thing you missed was that he himself was playing shit, real shit. 

As DEEKS has said too much fretting about his injuries, wouldn't tackle, wouldn't hold onto the ball, and wouldn't try a pass a man.  He hid when he came on.  Most teams he would be history now and gone long ago. 

However he looked more like his old self the other day and hopefully he has put the fretting behind him, so he might yet prove he can cut it in the prem as upto now he hasn't really had a chance due to circumstances.  Interestly though who do you drop Malbranque or Richardson, the obvious ones are Reid EHD (going anyway). 

I doubt you will have to worry about him being in a shit team much longer because I doubt whether he will be there much longer, if not this window certainly the summer.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2009, 06:38:18 AM »
maybe de next yorke and cole. ::)
if they play for a different side... sunderland ain't no man u!

1]; } ?>