April 26, 2024, 10:34:59 PM

Author Topic: It's a good thing Canadians so perfect  (Read 16230 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: It's a good thing Canadians so perfect
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 06:45:33 PM »
yuh have real low standards.

Next ting yuh have ah bajan ting on de side.

Speaking bout bajan.. what ever happen to we old fren?

BTW.. i eh need no Bajan ting.. i lusting for ah certain female specimen in DC. I praying that we get that US game in DC so I have ah reason to visit that vile country you now bleed for. That DC babe need some special CANADIAN lovin.

shucks.. meh mouth watering.

yuh talking about de fat WalMart ting...Canadian Bacon eh?

We fren dey I talk to him last month.

they well?  :rotfl:

truetrini

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2009, 06:48:42 PM »
yuh ketch it...they well....lol

hear nah dat was excellent detective wuk dey yuh know....yuh was masterful...even for a canadian..mad props for dat undercover investigation..mad, mad props.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2009, 07:28:22 PM »

this remind me of the Gay thread...

The loudest complainers probably have something some deep hidden desires.. ;)

So take dat ...  :violin: :violin:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2009, 07:35:02 PM »
Fork canada!!! especially british canada! every time i enter english speaking canada they search meh and harrass the day lights outa meh, fork dem racist covert racist kakaholes!!

lol..

it have any country, creed or race dat eh oppress you boy??

truetrini

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2009, 07:36:15 PM »
Fork canada!!! especially british canada! every time i enter english speaking canada they search meh and harrass the day lights outa meh, fork dem racist covert racist kakaholes!!

lol..

ent/

Omar check yuh PM

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 09:53:23 PM »
The biggest Canadian pastime is bitching about Yankees. Me eh no Yankee fan but the Kanuks take it to extremes sometimes. And the worse thing is they eh no better...

Reactions to racism not as strong as we think, study finds

While most people believe they would not tolerate a racist act, a new study from Canadian and U.S. researchers found test subjects in an experiment reacted with indifference when exposed to one.

Researchers in Toronto recruited 120 non-black York University students for what they said was a psychology study. Half of the students were each put in a room with two actors — one white and one black — posing as other participants.

The black actor then left the room to retrieve a cellphone, lightly bumping the other actor on the way out. The white actor then responded in one of three ways, saying nothing, saying the phrase "I hate when black people do that" or uttering an offensive racial slur.

When the black actor returned, study participants were asked to fill out a questionnaire rating their emotional mood and then were asked to choose a partner for what they thought was the actual test.

The researchers found that in cases where the white actor made a racist comment, participants did not speak out, did not report any emotional distress and actually chose the white actor as a partner more often than the black actor.

These results stood in stark contrast to a second group of respondents who were asked who they would choose as a partner after having the situation described to them. These respondents overwhelmingly chose not to work with the white actor when a racist statement was uttered.

Lead researcher Kerry Kawakami, a psychology professor at York University, said the study raises awareness that even people who consciously condemn racism might harbour implicit biases. (CBC radio's Quirks and Quarks will have an interview with the study's lead author on Jan. 10.)

"People should be aware that maybe they have this duality inside themselves," Kawakami told CBC News. "They think they're egalitarian, they think they're fair, they think they'll react in negative ways towards racism, but that might not actually be the case."

In an accompanying analysis in Science, psychologists Eliot R. Smith from Indiana University and Diane Mackie from the University of California, Santa Barbara, suggest another reason the participants may have reacted to the incident with indifference.

Since they were knowingly participating in a test, they behaved in manner previous research has suggested experiment participants often do: that is, constraining normal impulses in an effort to be helpful and focused on what they believe to be the task.

Smith said the study illustrates that in certain social contexts, it may be easy for people to dismiss a racist remark as an oddity. Those social contexts extend beyond the role of experiment participant.

"The failure of people to confront or do anything about racist comments is pretty widespread in the real world," said Smith. "People may feel uncomfortable if someone makes a remark like this, but it's rare they will actually confront them."

Researchers from the University of British Columbia and Yale University also co-authored the study.

lol..

:devil: :rotfl: Omar yuh killing meh over here
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

truetrini

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 10:01:21 PM »
Zando, the truth is canada is way behind the US in race relations.   Is all de White snow

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 10:10:01 PM »
Zando, the truth is canada is way behind the US in race relations.   Is all de White snow

clouded your judgment, old buck.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 10:16:07 PM »

lol..

I ain't lucky like yuh boss , i is ah big black ugly fella who doh beg friend, so when ppl see me dey does get horrors fast fast.

i know one thing doh, i consider my self blessed BC nuff ah my bonified breddrens and family members never live to see my age, so what you saying is small ting, nuff man i know went through plenty worst.

yuh must visit the other side of the fence sometimes , dont just drive through like ah tourist and wave.

i come from ah real harsh rude boy environment, and maybe the karma carries over, unlike you who probably used to nyam corn flakes and waffles for breakfast and mammy reading yuh bed time stories and washing yuh clothes until yuh leave home ( i don't mean that in ah negative way so don't take offence, BC i wish my childhood could've been like that). so don't expect me to be refine like yuh sir.

so yeh every body does opposed just cool just like dey opposed malcolm, stokley, and medger evers, and i love dat!!

life easy for some and hard for most, but what doh kill yuh does make yuh stronger, as the saying goes , adversities helps build character. and i wouldn't have it any other way. 

PS: maybe you does face the same oppossition , but act normal like is nutten, could it be that i have ah spine and you don't?? just asking! i ain't looking fuh no cuss out ting wid yuh boss! :devil:                                        positive.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:25:10 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2009, 06:41:57 AM »

lol

do you know of the "Hill" family?  Dan Hill is a song writer / musician and his brother, Lawrence Hill is an author who has written several good books with a black theme.

They are mixed race. Dr. Hill is black. Mrs Hill is white.  They were US citizens but had to leave their State when they decided to get married.  Blacks and whites were frowned upon if not illegal.  So they immigrated to racist Canada which allowed such unions.  And a place that allowed Mr. Hill to be come the first Director and later the Chair of the Ontario Human Rights Commission

The Freedom Fighter: The Life and Times of Daniel G. Hill

Here are two excepts from the link

Daniel and Donna married on June 8, 1953 in the chapel where Daniel Hill II was the minister, on the campus of Howard University in Washington D.C.  Their plans to marry had caused shock waves among some circles of friends and families.  Both Blacks and Whites objected to the news of their engagement, but Daniel and Donna held firm.  Donna was loved and supported in her decision by her twin sister, Dorothy, but even Dorothy said to her sister wryly: “And where are you going to live? Sweden?”

When Daniel Hill and Donna Mae Bender married in 1953, they went entirely against accepted patterns in American and Canadian life at the time, given that he was Black and she, White.  At the time, Americans were so hostile to the idea of interracial marriage that some states (such as Virginia) even outlawed them and prosecuted couples who married across the racial divide.

Just a few days after their wedding, Daniel and Donna drove in a 1946 Plymouth Sedan, which Daniel had picked up second hand for $300, to Canada. They honeymooned in Quebec City and then settled in Toronto.

Daniel and Donna’s decision caused stress among some relatives and friends, but they remained firm in their love and mutual devotion, and stayed together until Daniel’s death more than 50 years later.

But I admit all is not rosy in Canada.  The Hills encountered racism and they both spent much of their career Dr. Hill fighting Human Rights Issues

In Toronto, Daniel and Donna sought the more egalitarian society that they felt would welcome them as an interracial couple, but the sad truth was that initially they had difficulty persuading any Toronto landlord to rent them a room. Finally, after failing on numerous occasions to rent a flat together, they changed strategies. Donna left Daniel behind and took along a close friend of theirs-a White jazz musician named Don McFadyen - to pose as her husband.  With her surrogate White husband on hand, she had no trouble renting a “bed-sitting” basement apartment (it had one room, a bathroom and a kitchen) on Bathurst Street, just south of Eglinton Avenue.

Speaking in an interview in 2007 with her son Lawrence, Donna Hill said: “The landlords watched Dan and me for six weeks or so and decided we weren't going to cause any horrible problems for them and finally let us sign a lease for about $80 a month plus parking.”
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 06:50:57 AM by pecan piye »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2009, 08:09:19 AM »

[/quote]

Dutty is ah f**king hypocrite.  Dey does come with all kinda shit that make local news in the canadian like part of the USA all de time to bad mout the GREAT US of A.

[/quote]

Buh wuh de ass??..."dey" who does come with local news to bad mout who?
TWO pages??...captain america, you and paul revere high or wha?...all dis time allyuh men brewin so?...so,so bitter   :rotfl:

and the sad ting is I does real big up dat stars and stripes flag oui

I reaally haddda check my posts and see where I even hint canada is this great utopian society where racism is non existent and unicorns come up to your window in traffic.....ah go check westcoast posts too he must does post these stories that have allyuh stewin so...gih mih ah lil time is over 10,000 posts he make ah sure one ah dem must be does boast about who save de world from de nazis and and who invent cool aid and oxygen

so lemme understand de tactics here...scour you tube for videos that never make news outlet no where and post them to prove yankee greatness...take de win breddahs....howmuch time allyuh see mih say america is DE BESTEST!!
[

anyway ah late for mih train,ah want to make the final stop on the underground railroad

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 08:35:00 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2009, 08:13:33 AM »

lol

do you know of the "Hill" family?  Dan Hill is a song writer / musician and his brother, Lawrence Hill is an author who has written several good books with a black theme.

They are mixed race. Dr. Hill is black. Mrs Hill is white.  They were US citizens but had to leave their State when they decided to get married.  Blacks and whites were frowned upon if not illegal.  So they immigrated to racist Canada which allowed such unions.  And a place that allowed Mr. Hill to be come the first Director and later the Chair of the Ontario Human Rights Commission

The Freedom Fighter: The Life and Times of Daniel G. Hill

Here are two excepts from the link

Daniel and Donna married on June 8, 1953 in the chapel where Daniel Hill II was the minister, on the campus of Howard University in Washington D.C.  Their plans to marry had caused shock waves among some circles of friends and families.  Both Blacks and Whites objected to the news of their engagement, but Daniel and Donna held firm.  Donna was loved and supported in her decision by her twin sister, Dorothy, but even Dorothy said to her sister wryly: “And where are you going to live? Sweden?”

When Daniel Hill and Donna Mae Bender married in 1953, they went entirely against accepted patterns in American and Canadian life at the time, given that he was Black and she, White.  At the time, Americans were so hostile to the idea of interracial marriage that some states (such as Virginia) even outlawed them and prosecuted couples who married across the racial divide.

Just a few days after their wedding, Daniel and Donna drove in a 1946 Plymouth Sedan, which Daniel had picked up second hand for $300, to Canada. They honeymooned in Quebec City and then settled in Toronto.

Daniel and Donna’s decision caused stress among some relatives and friends, but they remained firm in their love and mutual devotion, and stayed together until Daniel’s death more than 50 years later.

But I admit all is not rosy in Canada.  The Hills encountered racism and they both spent much of their career Dr. Hill fighting Human Rights Issues

In Toronto, Daniel and Donna sought the more egalitarian society that they felt would welcome them as an interracial couple, but the sad truth was that initially they had difficulty persuading any Toronto landlord to rent them a room. Finally, after failing on numerous occasions to rent a flat together, they changed strategies. Donna left Daniel behind and took along a close friend of theirs-a White jazz musician named Don McFadyen - to pose as her husband.  With her surrogate White husband on hand, she had no trouble renting a “bed-sitting” basement apartment (it had one room, a bathroom and a kitchen) on Bathurst Street, just south of Eglinton Avenue.

Speaking in an interview in 2007 with her son Lawrence, Donna Hill said: “The landlords watched Dan and me for six weeks or so and decided we weren't going to cause any horrible problems for them and finally let us sign a lease for about $80 a month plus parking.”

That was then, this is now! whole heap ah things change in the U.S. since then, but it seems like canada is in ah state of arrested developement as far as race relation goes, and another thing , yuh can't compare ontario with calgary, ontario have ah larger diverse population than north easten provinces like BC and alberta calgay.

in ontario it have too many blacks from the english speaking caribbean who quicker fight against any sort of racist behavior unlike their french and spanish counterparts. not good enough pecan, try again. :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2009, 08:53:21 AM »
i eh really disputing you and suggesting that all is well in Canada.

In the US, it is more in your face.  In Canada, it is hidden.

However, I would maintain that, even in places like WASPY London, you can still rise above the hidden racism and not let racists idiots hold you back as they would in other parts of the world.

Yep, I would rather live in Canada than in the US.  But that doh mean I hate the US.  Hell, The US is Canada largest single trade partner.  I love the US.

But all that aside, I really admire the Hill family.  We went the same high school in Toronto.  Dan, the singer was ahead of me so I never met him.  But Karen the youngest child was in Mrs. P's class so she knew them.  Dr. Hill was a great role model even though I did not know of him until well after we left high school.  The other child, Lawrence has written some books, one of them that I consider to be amongst my favorites.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2009, 09:02:27 AM »

Yep, I would rather live in Canada than in the US. 

you REAL CHUPID den

you rather live in canada where the racism is blatant on you tube? instead of the US of A??
Did you know they invented cool-aid down there?...and dey just elect a black president., so racism DONE fren
CHANGE has come.

I does pray every day for mih green card and ah $5000 Macys store credit

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 09:04:51 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2009, 09:19:32 AM »

you REAL CHUPID den

you rather live in canada where the racism is blatant on you tube? instead of the US of A??
Did you know they invented cool-aid down there?...and dey just elect a black president., so racism DONE fren
CHANGE has come.

Well yuh have a point .... i hear dey have a lot of house in foreclosure so yuh could buy one cheap, cheap.

I picking up a green card application today oui.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2009, 10:00:23 AM »
I find all of this funny considering we are from Trinidad, probably one of the most racist places in the world.
funny how its only racism if you are in the minority side.

dutty you hadda get me that USA flag man thing lol

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2009, 10:09:35 AM »
I find all of this funny considering we are from Trinidad, probably one of the most racist places in the world.

what in hell makes trinidad one of the most racist place in the world ???
I pity the fool....

truetrini

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2009, 10:15:26 AM »

you REAL CHUPID den

CHANGE has come.

Ah glad yuh finally seeing the light!  Yuh optometrist is an american now?

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2009, 10:26:30 AM »

ok in the world may (open for discussion lol ) be a bit carried away, but in 2 months a year in Trinidad ill be in more "racist" encounters than 10 months in canada.....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2009, 10:38:29 AM »

ok in the world may (open for discussion lol ) be a bit carried away, but in 2 months a year in Trinidad ill be in more "racist" encounters than 10 months in canada.....

Maybe because Canada has softened your impression of what a "racist" encounter is..

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2009, 10:42:05 AM »

probably because you are the only person working out in the tar sands with nobody for a 100 km in sight except for the geese floundering in the tailings ponds  :devil:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2009, 10:42:40 AM »

lol..

I ain't lucky like yuh boss , i is ah big black ugly fella who doh beg friend, so when ppl see me dey does get horrors

Ah could meet ya ?
Tigress like challenges  ;D

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2009, 10:47:49 AM »

Yeah it had ah yankee eye doctor come up here beggin fuh wukk..all he 12 credit cards maxed out and he house in foreclosure...but he eye chart too myopic, only two letters on de whole chart... U and S

Ah need ah eye doc who could see de big picture with ah big chart
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 10:49:47 AM by Dutty »

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2009, 10:49:52 AM »

Maybe because Canada has softened your impression of what a "racist" encounter is..

that actually could be a good point omar...
yuh still suck at fantasy tho  :beermug:

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2009, 10:50:51 AM »

probably because you are the only person working out in the tar sands with nobody for a 100 km in sight except for the geese floundering in the tailings ponds  :devil:

hey man we just trying to make them geese black

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2009, 10:55:33 AM »
[
hey man we just trying to make them geese black

Dat eh go increase your diversity quota..geese cyah complain to HR about opression

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2009, 11:01:00 AM »

that actually could be a good point omar...
yuh still suck at fantasy tho  :beermug:

lol.. yuh check the standings lately or yuh doh normally scroll up that far?

truetrini

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2009, 11:03:32 AM »

Yeah it had ah yankee eye doctor come up here beggin fuh wukk..all he 12 credit cards maxed out and he house in foreclosure...but he eye chart too myopic, only two letters on de whole chart... U and S

Ah need ah eye doc who could see de big picture with ah big chart

dais because he went to eye doctor school in Canada, he have tuh come back dey begging fuh wuk....afterall what self respecting red white and blue thinking man would use some mickey mouse trained quack from canada?  we doha ccept dem credentials.........here!...In de greatest nation in dis earth...we have standards.......!  ;)

US has how many millionaires compared to canada?

Not long ago yuh was bawling how powerful yuh dollar was compared to the US dollar...a majotr abberation that has since been corrected.

dem two letters, U and S was on that chart becasue dat is all Canadians see in dey dreams!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2009, 11:08:16 AM »

US has how many millionaires compared to canada?

??? ???
dais what de world love bout allyuh yankee...the humility

US has what size population compared to canada?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2009, 02:03:59 PM »

:applause: U brave to say it.. but it's true!

1]; } ?>