March 19, 2024, 02:33:06 AM

Author Topic: Barcelona's Messi The Best In The World  (Read 7652 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Barcelona's Messi The Best In The World
« on: January 12, 2009, 08:27:12 AM »
Barcelona's Messi The Best In The World - AS
Crisitiano Ronaldo may be the favourite to be named as the world's best player for the past 12 months, but AS believe that Lionel Messi should win the award instead.
Lionel Messi would win the FIFA World Player of the Year award on Monday evening if the vote was held now instead of favourite Cristiano Ronaldo, according to AS.

The Real Madrid-biased sports daily believe that the Argentinian is currently the best in the world as he continued his incredible form for Barcelona on Sunday evening.

Just 24 hours before he attends the FIFA World Player of the Year as one of the five nominees for the prestigious gong, Messi earned his club side three more valuable points.

AS are not known for backing Barcelona, but they think that the Spanish league's brightest star has no equal in the game as their headlines "Messi World Player of the Year" on the Blaugrana's match report showed.

In the chronicle of the 3-2 win in the Reyno de Navarra, the publication explained: "The Argentinian travels to Switzerland with a chance of winning the FIFA World Player of the Year.

"He may not win it though as everything is pointing towards favourite Cristiano Ronaldo as he has already won the Ballon d'Or. But this vote will not see justice done and the award should not be left for yet another year.

"Because Messi is the best regardless of any individual awards."

If Messi were to win the prize then it would be a big surprise given that all the predictions are that the Manchester United forward will receive it given his triumph in the Premier League and the Champions League last term.

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Barcelona's Messi The Best In The World
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 08:35:08 AM »
After seeing 90% of Barca's games this season, cyar say I disagree w/this assessment, to truly qualify though IMHO, Barca would have to at least capture La Liga (seems highly likely at this pt, though only at halfway mark of the season) and go some distance in the CL and some may argue capture the latter outright
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 08:37:37 AM »
was there ever a doubt

Més que un club.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 08:43:21 AM »
Right now, absolutely he is the best, bar none.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 08:47:46 AM »
boy, I jes waiting for Small Mag to come in here and start to cuss about C Ronaldo and by extension ManU.

Cyah wait!!

Més que un club.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 08:50:18 AM »
before i saw yesterday's game i would say yes he is de best. after watching the game yesterday, if there was any doubt what so ever, that left footed bullet he hit late in that game to win it for barca erased all of that!! in big game situations, messi raises it to another level and delivers results. definitely best in the world!!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 09:02:17 AM »
he might well be

thank god for all the great players for the game we love
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 09:31:56 AM »
Currently he is the best player in the world

but Ronaldo won the CL...The PL..and the club World Cup in 2008 and had a big say in all 3 tournaments...Messi won what?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 10:07:58 AM »
Currently he is the best player in the world

but Ronaldo won the CL...The PL..and the club World Cup in 2008 and had a big say in all 3 tournaments...Messi won what?

Remember this is a poll for best player ..not best team. Man united won best team ....does it therefore mean that if you did not play for them you cant be the best player in the world ? Surely not ! What about a player who carries a team ?
Question is how do you judge the best player ???
I wont argue if they give it to Ronaldo and on present criteria they probably will... but for me Messi is the best...though Palos will disagree... :beermug:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 10:22:49 AM »
Does the World Player of the Year apply to the calendar year, or the european season?

Lionel Messi is simply amazing and on current form has no peer, but C. Ronaldo cannot be discounted in his personal and team achievements over the 07/08 football season.

What works against Messi is Barca not winning silverware over the last season he did however win a gold medal with
Argentina in the summer olympics.

The other way around with C. Ronaldo winning league and european championships but Portugal bowed out in the quarters to Germany in Euro 2008.

Remeber folks that we are in 2009 now and if the award is based on the callendar year. I would give CR7 a slight advantage for the 08 award, but without a doubt as long as Barca achieve domestic success and Argentina secures their WC place then he will surely be in the reckoning for the 09 award.  

Portugal at the moment not even sure to make SA 2010

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 11:15:10 AM »
before i saw yesterday's game i would say yes he is de best. after watching the game yesterday, if there was any doubt what so ever, that left footed bullet he hit late in that game to win it for barca erased all of that!! in big game situations, messi raises it to another level and delivers results. definitely best in the world!!! :beermug:

What utter nonsense is this about big game situations...are we really talkin about a goal against bottom placed pathetic Osasuna who should have been drubbed? They are my top 2 players in the world playing for 2 teams I love...but men not being objective here. The guy score 42 GOALS, won 2 big titles (3 if yuh include club cup). Score in d CL final as well. Nothing wrong with likin one more than the other...that is everybody right...but it is not even close who is the player of the year...and i'm sorry...it's not Messi. Last season i'd even say Xavi and Torres were better with their league and Euro performances. C'mon...Ronaldo might be hated by many...but is based on performance...not hair gel and divin use. bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 12:21:48 PM »
Man, all ah we love we football, and does like players teams, coaches and countries for all different reasons.  The criteria some men/women will use to judge who is a bess player or a top performer is not necessarily going to be congruent with all the criteria that others will use.  Me eh care hummuch cry-baby Ronaldo win or how many goals he score.  He never has been, and is not ever likely to be, in my book, the world's best footballer. The irony for me is that I actually used to "defend" cry-baby, and I disliked Messi just 3 1/2 to 3 years ago.  I have seen enough now to correct the error of my clouded judgment.  cronaldo is very much a part of manu's success as he benefits from it, I will grant him that.  He has lots and lots of potential and was in fine form last season.  However, he is not in the same class as messi.  He is not in the same class as Kaka.  He is not in the same class as ronaldinho.  He is not in the same class as Allesandro del Pierro.  He is not in the same class as Samuel Eto'o.  If Alexandre Pato continues on the the path that he seems to be heading on, pretty soon, pretty-boy cry-baby won't be in his class either. He will win the title of player of the year: good for him.  If jackula could practically geh way wit murder, why a nex' man cyah pick a 'lil pocket?  Enjoy it while it lasts! 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 12:36:49 PM »

What utter nonsense is this about big game situations...are we really talkin about a goal against bottom placed pathetic Osasuna who should have been drubbed? They are my top 2 players in the world playing for 2 teams I love...but men not being objective here. The guy score 42 GOALS, won 2 big titles (3 if yuh include club cup). Score in d CL final as well. Nothing wrong with likin one more than the other...that is everybody right...but it is not even close who is the player of the year...and i'm sorry...it's not Messi. Last season i'd even say Xavi and Torres were better with their league and Euro performances. C'mon...Ronaldo might be hated by many...but is based on performance...not hair gel and divin use. bless

i hear yuh brethren...ronaldo deserves to be named world footballer of the year based on his and his teams accomplishments last year (07/08). however, on current form he is no way on the same planet as messi is currently. im glad u caught the game yesterday and if u understand the game a bit more, you would know that football is a game that on any given day, any team can win or lose. especially when you are league leaders and everyone is gunning for your scalp, teams are extra geared up to play you..especially at home behind a hostile crowd. Osasuna gave barca a good run, no doubt about it, but after Xavi scored so late an equaliser in the game, how many teams would have settled with that 2-2 draw and go home and lick their wounds and say thank god we get ah point. not messi....he took the game from Osasuna...you could see it when he made that run he had one thing on his mind....and that was winning that dam game. situations like that seperates great teams and players from average teams and players. not many players in the world currently have the ability to do what messi did yesterday and continues to do game in game out. not even yuh boy ronaldo cud have scored in his big game yesterday against chelsea.  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 01:09:37 PM »
link

http://www.justin.tv/widgets/jtv_player.r0ab3305d7527b7130ae0c4ecb22d1357cb5b304e.swf?channel=badtv2

you could hear the english but they have a spanish commentator over it

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 01:44:14 PM »
not even yuh boy ronaldo cud have scored in his big game yesterday against chelsea.  :beermug:

check yuhself, the man get denied a clear penalty and then went on to buss the net which the officials wrongly judged as offside.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 01:45:54 PM »
not even yuh boy ronaldo cud have scored in his big game yesterday against chelsea.  :beermug:

check yuhself, the man get denied a clear penalty and then went on to buss the net which the officials wrongly judged as offside.

and he scored the header which should have stood

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 01:50:06 PM »
simple question...

if you were coaching a team in a World Cup final or Champions League final, and you could only choose one..

Who would you prefer to have in your team. Ronaldo or Messi?

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 01:51:58 PM »

Remember this is a poll for best player ..not best team. Man united won best team ....does it therefore mean that if you did not play for them you cant be the best player in the world ? Surely not ! What about a player who carries a team ?

If a team comes last but survives relegation because one of their players top scored with only 9 goals, he should win player of the year? Didnt he carry his team and save them from relegation?

How much times this topic get beat out here already. Messi good, but ronaldo had a better year than him in terms of gaining results for his team.

This title wont make him best player of all time, or best player of 09, he go just be best player of last year. Messi have every opportunity to win it this year.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 01:52:59 PM »
simple question...

if you were coaching a team in a World Cup final or Champions League final, and you could only choose one..

Who would you prefer to have in your team. Ronaldo or Messi?

Ronaldo...cuz he's won them before  ;D   

Messi wasnt on the field when Barca won

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 01:53:29 PM »

and he scored the header which should have stood

oh yeah!
(Muslim)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 01:53:58 PM »
warner in de dance oui.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 01:55:13 PM »
warner in de dance oui.

was now about to post that

he looking tired

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 01:56:59 PM »
warner in de dance oui.

was now about to post that

he looking tired

ah feel he brushin de darkie.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 01:58:46 PM »
warner eh play he fukkin ugly nah.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 02:01:32 PM »
warner eh play he f**kkin ugly nah.
...but he wearin dem expensive dressss !!!!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 02:02:28 PM »
marta doh look too shabby.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 02:08:06 PM »
steups, ronaldo again-he have real grease on his face

and why he speaking portuguese-only kaka, pele and marta could understand
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:09:56 PM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 02:08:35 PM »
hahahahah f**k OFF

CRISTIANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Change the Thread Title Now!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:12:14 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 02:13:25 PM »
it's official.CR7 de best.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 02:17:14 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause:
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>