March 29, 2024, 02:33:22 AM

Author Topic: Carlos looks like starting Saturday  (Read 3667 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Carlos looks like starting Saturday
« on: January 12, 2009, 11:11:48 AM »
http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=16606

Edwards ready for the task

Ricky Sbragia reckons Carlos Edwards will provide Sunderland with a ready-made replacement for Steed Malbranque.

Malbranque is a Barclays Premier League ever-present for the Black Cats this season, but will miss the home game against Aston Villa this Saturday after reaching five yellow cards for the season.

Edwards impressed when starting against Bolton in the FA Cup 10 days ago and also played in Saturday's 1-1 draw at Boro, replacing Malbranque after the Frenchman suffered a dead-leg.

Malbranque was booked in the first half of the Tees-Wear derby.

"In an ideal world Steed would not miss the Villa game but he has the five yellow cards and Carlos Edwards gives us a quality replacement," said Sbragia, the manager.

"Carlos was excellent against Bolton; he covers a lot of ground and gets us up the field with his pace."

Edwards played eight games for Wolves during a loan spell at Molineux earlier this season and Mick McCarthy, their manager, has made no secret of his desire to re-sign the winger.

"There has been a lot of interest in Carlos but we don't want him to go, he's a Premier League player," said Sbragia.

truetrini

Re: Carlos looks like starting Saturday
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 11:16:09 AM »
what de ass Sbragia knows?  carlos who cyar pass is ah Premier League Player?

steups de damn coaches always running dey damn mouth like dey know football.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 11:18:08 AM »

are you permantly on a period or something  ???

Whats he suppose to say I know he's shite but we haven't got anybody else, would that make you happier

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 11:35:32 AM »

Whats he suppose to say I know he's shite but we haven't got anybody else, would that make you happier

I see sacarsm is unknown to you.  Lighten up have a Tennets on me and cool yuh herbs.  Otherwise f**k off.

I was making a remark to show the ass here that Sbragia regards Edwards as a good player, he (Edwards0 has been widely excoriated here for being such a poor passer etc. etc.  Get the point of my post?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 11:39:41 AM by truetrini »

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 11:44:45 AM »
I doh want to get involve in all yuh rab...but dah sarcasm was real difficult to detect breddah......I and all get cetch

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 11:48:18 AM »
dat is because yuh doh read all the posts made....read more jock less.

In fact when I POSTED THAT CAROLS WAS A GOOD PLAYER NOT A GREAT PLAYER and that he has hardly had the opportunity to make any impact due to injuries and lack of selection it was dat shit pot Kev who stated he was playing shit..blah blah balh....so I make my post and de dummy jumps in talking about period.

maybe his tampon stuck up his craw, he always finds the trini player s lacking, jones dis, he want Bent, carlos playing shit.....

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=41138.msg514551#msg514551
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 11:53:56 AM by Macaroni Pie »

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 11:58:16 AM »
dat is because yuh doh read all the posts made....read more jock less.

In fact when I POSTED THAT CAROLS WAS A GOOD PLAYER NOT A GREAT PLAYER and that he has hardly had the opportunity to make any impact due to injuries and lack of selection it was dat shit pot Kev who stated he was playing shit..blah blah balh....so I make my post and de dummy jumps in talking about period.

maybe his tampon stuck up his craw, he always finds the trini player s lacking, jones dis, he want Bent, carlos playing shit.....

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=41138.msg514551#msg514551

Pie...was dah one? 

Not me eh breddah!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 12:00:34 PM »

Sbragia himself has criticized Carlos' passing and crossing. In that very same Bolton game, in fact. So I don't see the point of your sarcasm. Nobody ever said he wasn't Prem player. Just that his delivery is inconsistent, which is true. Truth seems to be painful to you. kev criticizes the whole damn team, but somehow you choose to take his criticism of Trinis personally, as if they should be above it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 12:03:14 PM by Gillie Face »

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 12:24:03 PM »
The coach did say "There has been a lot of interest in Carlos but we don't want him to go". Maybe he just trying tp bump his value. Can't say he not a prem player, then he will get little dollars for him.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 12:54:20 PM »

I see sacarsm is unknown to you.  Lighten up have a Tennets on me and cool yuh herbs.  Otherwise f**k off.

I was making a remark to show the ass here that Sbragia regards Edwards as a good player, he (Edwards0 has been widely excoriated here for being such a poor passer etc. etc.  Get the point of my post?

I think kev read your sarcasm very well actually and his response is quite sensible...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 01:50:42 PM »
I was making a remark to show the ass here that Sbragia regards Edwards as a good player, he (Edwards has been widely excoriated here for being such a poor passer etc. etc.  Get the point of my post?

Except that nobody here said those things.

Love the use of etc etc by the way. Mention one false criticism of Carlos and leave it to the readers' imagination that other negative statements were made. Pretty soon people might actually believe that Carlos was "widely excoriated for being a poor passer"
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 03:18:22 PM »
In my view Carlos cyah cross Wrightson Road to save he live!

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 03:19:06 PM »
Ah man life!

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 03:31:20 PM »
probably gonna get ostracized for this but rather than being happy Carlos may start Saturday, everyone start going off on some next thing....may not be the best crosser but he's still a good winger.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 03:35:29 PM by ProudTrinbagonian »
whey boy!

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 03:40:58 PM »
probably gonna get ostracized for this but rather than being happy Carlos may start Saturday, everyone start going off on some next thing....may not be the best crosser but he's still a good winger.

i with yuh brethren!!! i am actually glad to see him get a chance on saturday. hopefully he can play well, get some confidence under his belt and transform the positive energy onto the soca warriors team! best of luck carlos on the weekend if u do start! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 03:43:25 PM »
may not be the best crosser but he's still a good winger.

Most here would agree with you. Is just some people like to carry on if you mention that he have a flaw.

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 05:05:29 PM »
all this shit about he read my sacarsm is shit talk.

leh he haul he arse, every f**king week in and week out is how he want to see a mor mobile Jones etc. most ah de time when he was talking dat shit it was under Keane and de man up front alone, running he arse off, defending, corners, in de middle and attacking when...when he get ah pass from dat shit team.

STEUPS!

Next is carlos eh go be dey longer, he cyar see it, he cyar see he f**king nose!

All de sense he talking is always about how shitty the Trinis play...me eh super sensitive, but ah tired ah de shit.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 05:17:05 PM »

leh he haul he arse, every f**king week in and week out is how he want to see a mor mobile Jones etc. most ah de time when he was talking dat shit it was under Keane and de man up front alone, running he arse off, defending, corners, in de middle and attacking when...when he get ah pass from dat shit team.

STEUPS!

Next is carlos eh go be dey longer, he cyar see it, he cyar see he f**king nose!

All de sense he talking is always about how shitty the Trinis play...me eh super sensitive, but ah tired ah de shit.

You know you have a valid point everytime KJ perform for Kev its poor last everybody was talk about KJ Kev would say all kind of negative things towards his performance the one that really edge meh is the Bent comment where he said he would take Bent over KJ we all know KJ isn’t a super striker but if it wasn’t for him Sunderland would be down in the championship   by now

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 05:26:45 PM »

STEUPS!

You know you have a valid point everytime KJ perform for Kev its poor last everybody was talk about KJ Kev would say all kind of negative things towards his performance the one that really edge meh is the Bent comment where he said he would take Bent over KJ we all know KJ isn’t a super striker but if it wasn’t for him Sunderland would be down in the championship   by now

have plenty people would take Bent over Kenwyne.  How would you compare the role Kenwyne playing for Sunderland with the one Bent played for Charlton a couple seasons back?  No need to take that comment personally, the man allegiance is primarily to Sunderland. 

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 05:29:09 PM »

STEUPS!

But de ting is, de man is critical of de whole team. He not just picking out KJ or Carlos. He always talking about de team playing shit, de defenders is shit and how de bad results will catch up to dem etc. It seem like some men does skip over dem parts and just skim his comments  for 'Kenwyne' or 'Carlos' to see what he have to say. And de criticisms he have is criticisms men on this board was holding long before kev even reach here. Me eh know why, because is a 'outsider,' men suddenly feeling butthurt.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 05:34:56 PM by Gillie Face »

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 05:31:40 PM »
edwards still cant cross but his cross to latapy was 10/10 in my book
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 05:33:16 PM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 06:18:30 PM »

Hope them words from the manager give him more confidence to play his game.
Is a home game doh...not sure how the fans dealing with him but he cud be playing a good game and make one or two mistakes and the boo boys go start on his case.
At least he will have the pace to deal with them young speedy Villains

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 01:47:34 AM »

STEUPS!

Eh no

1. Without KJ we would be in the Championship without a doubt and have said so

2 This season I have said the last few weeks both him and Cisse have been poor at holding up the ball with midfield compounding the problem by playing too slow and too many bad balls.  Both have been getting used to eachother but both have been making it far too easy for defenders to mark them by playing too close together. 

3 Swap for Bent was in response to an article put up that Spurs wanted to buy KJ for £5 Million (yes HK upto his tricks) and yes if he was to go to Spurs I would much prefer Bent than £5 Million. Bent is a different kind of player to KJ but will still get goals, the point I was making (although didn't make it clear) is that Bent cost Spurs £15 Million not £5 Million.

4 The points I have made or make about KJ being poor are there but what you are ignoring is their context. Its usually in threads last season about him going to a top 4 side after his performances last season, I only pointed out as others on here why he wouldn't play for a top 4 side, his control, shooting and movement needing improvement, others also point it out but possibly being Trini it makes no mind to some on the board. That happens to be my genuine opinion and I watch him week in week out.  But as always qualified that with his age lack of experience and having to learn his trade.

5 The only thing I have said lately about KJ is that he should be getting close in his fitness levels to start putting in performances that he is capable of.  We all know what he is capable of, some games he is literally unplayable, so thats the standard he sets himself.  Now if you want to do a search you will find I have said that it would be stupid to expect that level of performance every week but we have not seen that level of performance since before Liverpool last season. (this season injury excludes him upto now). 

As for criticism the vast majority of my critism is actually based around the midfield, defence and coaching, but since we only have bit part appearances with Yorke and Carlos has had major problems which some on here have been harder on him than I have these are simply not discussed on here because no one is interested.   

Now I support the club, players and managers come and go but all I want is the club to be OK, overtime you like some players and hate some players, but my interest is whats best for the club not individuals.  There is a natural bias on here which I understand and for the most part  I let the remarks pass sometimes I don't.  The general lines is shit team and KJ should move to a top 4 side and get loads of money as soon as possible, but there are only a few on here with any balance.  Most just forget that no other Prem team except Derby wanted to take a chance on him, nobody would pay Southamptons price, the fact last season Sunderland were so poor especially in midfield it played to KJ's strengths and enhance his reputation and value no end is completely ignored, so where would he be now without the club taking the risk on him.  KJ is a good player with big potential, but the fact is he is nowhere near as good as some on here make him out to be.  That is just fact, bias or no bias.  More than happy to see him go to a top 4 club at a big fee KJ benefits, the club benefits everybody's happy, but those that think he could of walked into a big 4 side last year are I'm afraid in cloud cuckoo land.  I can easily see KJ being sold in the summer for a big price if he does well this season, simply because he will have 2 years left on his contract, the club will either have to talk about an extension (payrise) or if he doesn't want to sell him because this summer his value will be at its highest given the length of contract.  So if that happens it is likely to make some very happy as you will be able to cast your eyes away from the shit team as I doubt it will have any Trini association next season.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 10:28:33 AM »
Kev, I gather from your last paragraph that you suspect Carlos is on his way out?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

truetrini

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 10:40:35 AM »

STEUPS!

Eh no

1. Without KJ we would be in the Championship without a doubt and have said so

2 This season I have said the last few weeks both him and Cisse have been poor at holding up the ball with midfield compounding the problem by playing too slow and too many bad balls.  Both have been getting used to eachother but both have been making it far too easy for defenders to mark them by playing too close together. 

3 Swap for Bent was in response to an article put up that Spurs wanted to buy KJ for £5 Million (yes HK upto his tricks) and yes if he was to go to Spurs I would much prefer Bent than £5 Million. Bent is a different kind of player to KJ but will still get goals, the point I was making (although didn't make it clear) is that Bent cost Spurs £15 Million not £5 Million.

4 The points I have made or make about KJ being poor are there but what you are ignoring is their context. Its usually in threads last season about him going to a top 4 side after his performances last season, I only pointed out as others on here why he wouldn't play for a top 4 side, his control, shooting and movement needing improvement, others also point it out but possibly being Trini it makes no mind to some on the board. That happens to be my genuine opinion and I watch him week in week out.  But as always qualified that with his age lack of experience and having to learn his trade.

5 The only thing I have said lately about KJ is that he should be getting close in his fitness levels to start putting in performances that he is capable of.  We all know what he is capable of, some games he is literally unplayable, so thats the standard he sets himself.  Now if you want to do a search you will find I have said that it would be stupid to expect that level of performance every week but we have not seen that level of performance since before Liverpool last season. (this season injury excludes him upto now). 

As for criticism the vast majority of my critism is actually based around the midfield, defence and coaching, but since we only have bit part appearances with Yorke and Carlos has had major problems which some on here have been harder on him than I have these are simply not discussed on here because no one is interested.   

Now I support the club, players and managers come and go but all I want is the club to be OK, overtime you like some players and hate some players, but my interest is whats best for the club not individuals.  There is a natural bias on here which I understand and for the most part  I let the remarks pass sometimes I don't.  The general lines is shit team and KJ should move to a top 4 side and get loads of money as soon as possible, but there are only a few on here with any balance.  Most just forget that no other Prem team except Derby wanted to take a chance on him, nobody would pay Southamptons price, the fact last season Sunderland were so poor especially in midfield it played to KJ's strengths and enhance his reputation and value no end is completely ignored, so where would he be now without the club taking the risk on him.  KJ is a good player with big potential, but the fact is he is nowhere near as good as some on here make him out to be.  That is just fact, bias or no bias.  More than happy to see him go to a top 4 club at a big fee KJ benefits, the club benefits everybody's happy, but those that think he could of walked into a big 4 side last year are I'm afraid in cloud cuckoo land.  I can easily see KJ being sold in the summer for a big price if he does well this season, simply because he will have 2 years left on his contract, the club will either have to talk about an extension (payrise) or if he doesn't want to sell him because this summer his value will be at its highest given the length of contract.  So if that happens it is likely to make some very happy as you will be able to cast your eyes away from the shit team as I doubt it will have any Trini association next season.

All right Kev, my apologies.  I want you to know that I want Sunderland to do well.  Thats the truth.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 08:58:28 AM »
100% Barataria  Unless proves he has comes to term with the Prem the reaminder of teh season then no.  The club seem determined to get the squad size down that has built up over the past 2 years, way beyond what it should be, 3 players gone this week, more to go teh next couple of weeks.  Really need to get rid of about 15-20

Trinity Cross  nee problem

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 10:50:54 AM »
I have to tell you .... fellas  try not to take it too personal I mean if we compare each other we does rip we own national team because in truth and in fact we really want them to do the best ...personally I think Kev's post put things in perspectives when it comes to Sunderland. It's obvious he is a hardcore fan and as a result he isn't afraid to rip his club and he gives us clear insight on we boys that we might not be willing to see because its we boys. My thing is this facts speaks clearly what you do on the field controls what we say here.....and regardless of what we may think if we boys doh do it on the feild is not a damn thing we could say or do to change that we just have to give em support and hope for the best..... Yorke is past his best .......KJ is getting there but might be a lil more hyped than he should be and Carlos is finally starting to show signs of life ...leh we just watch the progress and see what happens!

1]; } ?>