April 25, 2024, 07:02:28 PM

Author Topic: Man City in talks over Kaka deal  (Read 19533 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Man City in talks over Kaka deal
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 03:58:23 PM »
When dem men and dem will learn not let money be the reason for switching teams. All he have tuh look at is the member of the 'nearly men club' Michael Ballack!  Not only is he a member but he is the chairman of the club! If I was Kaka I would not consider a switch to City until dey buy some decent players, the coach prove he can handle everything that comes with the club's new status.  It cah start with him; if it does he will end up being the center piece of a rebuilding project and he might as well have stayed with the pensioners he was playing with.

Giggsy..someone has to be the centerpiece. Imagine if Diego didn't go to Napoli, or Riquelme didn't go to Villareal. Of course he should want guarantees that other top names will come, but I don't see the point in sitting back and waiting to see, but if he is up to the challenge, there is no point in sitting back and waiting to see what happens. Leader or follower? Wolf or sheep? Depends in part on what kind of challenge he is willing to face, and if that coin is enough of an incentive. Most likely the latter is true, unless he sincerely has no interest in being wealthier than he already is (which is kinda possible for a man who seem staunchly religious). Sure, there is always the big risk that he gets stuck in a shite club. But if man City is to become a big side, big players are going to have to take that risk. Robinho is already there..so the pressure of being the only genuine star is not an issue. And if Kaka and Robinho are there..you are almost guaranteed that others will follow. You aren't guaranteed success..but big players will want to join the club and earn some stratospheric coin too...

The next thing people should realize is that this is not only about Kaka. I genuinely feel the man is Milan for life. But there is no way Galliani, Berlusconi and co not licking their lips at 100 million Euros. Once the magic number is found they will begin to put the squeeze on Kaka and he will start to feel unwanted at the club. He has the last say..no club can force a transfer, but if they are really nasty about it (dropped from the squad, train by himself), he will feel it's in his best interest to leave. Not saying it would go down like that...but if a deal goes through, it will be most likely because Milan pushes Kaka out the door.

And for the record Giggsy..Kaka has turned down big money offers from Real madrid and Chelsea to stay at, and earn substantially less at Milan.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 04:04:56 PM by Filho »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 03:58:43 PM »
Giggsy11,
              What planet you from. Somebody offering you over 1/2 mil a week to play for his team and you refusing. The man still young he can always go back when the contract over. Robinho is also at City.  Money conquers all......almost. What happen is that the top teams in Europe don't like the "natural orders of things" disrupted. Is okay if the Sheik come to their club with the money. But if he goes to a smaller lesser-known club they all start talking a lot of tatta!!!!!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 04:02:35 PM »
Giggsy11,
              What planet you from. Somebody offering you over 1/2 mil a week to play for his team and you refusing. The man still young he can always go back when the contract over. Robinho is also at City.  Money conquers all......almost. What happen is that the top teams in Europe don't like the "natural orders of things" disrupted. Is okay if the Sheik come to their club with the money. But if he goes to a smaller lesser-known club they all start talking a lot of tatta!!!!!

Deeks, yuh reading meh odder thread right?

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 04:14:47 PM »
Giggsy..someone has to be the centerpiece. Imagine if Diego didn't go to Napoli, or Riquelme didn't go to Villareal. Of course he should want guarantees that other top names will come, but I don't see the point in sitting back and waiting to see, but if he is up to the challenge, there is no point in sitting back and waiting to see what happens. Leader or follower? Wolf or sheep? Depends in part on what kind of challenge he is willing to face, and if that coin is enough of an incentive. Most likely the latter is true, unless he sincerely has no interest in being wealthier than he already is (which is kinda possible for a man who seem staunchly religious). Sure, there is always the big risk that he gets stuck in a shite club. But if man City is to become a big side, big players are going to have to take that risk. Robinho is already there..so the pressure of being the only genuine star is not an issue. And if Kaka and Robinho are there..you are almost guaranteed that others will follow. You aren't guaranteed success..but big players will want to join the club and earn some stratospheric coin too...

The next thing people should realize is that this is not only about Kaka. I genuinely feel the man is Milan for life. But there is no way Galliani, Berlusconi and co not licking their lips at 100 million Euros. Once the magic number is found they will begin to put the squeeze on Kaka and he will start to feel unwanted at the club. He has the last say..no club can force a transfer, but if they are really nasty about it (dropped from the squad, train by himself), he will feel it's in his best interest to leave. Not saying it would go down like that...but if a deal goes through, it will be most likely because Milan pushes Kaka out the door.

And for the record Giggsy..Kaka has turned down big money offers from Real madrid and Chelsea to stay at, and earn substantially less at Milan.

Sense. Yuh preach gospel there.

Like you and Kaka does go to same church orr?
throw parties, not grenades.

giggsy11

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 04:27:45 PM »
Giggsy11,

Hey I didn't say he should not go to City but money does not buy happiness or peace of mind. You think he hurtin for money? If his decision is based on going just for the money then he will be doing a great disservice to his career and the things he has given the impression are important to him. You saying go for the money cause he still young and can go back after the contract over but why put yuh self in a situation that may not improve just for money? You think he will enjoy playing football in this side City has? Oh wait they have Robinho. More power to City if the money they have can shape them into challengers because I really don't give a shit about 'keeping the natural order of things' as you put it. My points were motivated by Kaka possibly making a decision based on making 1/2 mill a week and not on being a part of a side that can compete, be competitive and have the opportunity to win things. (which they are currently not)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 04:45:34 PM »
wow.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2009, 06:15:35 PM »
Giggsy11,
            point taken. I am almost sure the sheik will spend more money to shore up Man C. midfield and defence. Kaka and Rob. cannot carry the team on their own. The sheik appears to be one of the very few who has a deep pocket in this shallow economy. This Man. C team is not complete, they have more work and spending to do to  be on equal footing with Man. "boo".    I am a Man. U fan.

giggsy11

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2009, 06:43:30 PM »
When dem men and dem will learn not let money be the reason for switching teams. All he have tuh look at is the member of the 'nearly men club' Michael Ballack!  Not only is he a member but he is the chairman of the club! If I was Kaka I would not consider a switch to City until dey buy some decent players, the coach prove he can handle everything that comes with the club's new status.  It cah start with him; if it does he will end up being the center piece of a rebuilding project and he might as well have stayed with the pensioners he was playing with.

Yeah, I saw Kaka on Sky saying he doesn't want to leave but if Milan accept the offer he will have to reconsider his stance.  Oh yeah I loved hearing Mark Hughes refer to him as a 'good player' that City always looking to sign 'good players'. Damn I wonder what they would pay for a 'great player'?

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2009, 10:18:16 AM »
These seem to think its done and dusted

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/543787-kaka-accepts-city-deal

Kaka deal done, says owner

by Anil Bhoyrul
Friday, 16 January 2009

Manchester City owner His Highness Sheikh Mansour has told friends that Brazialian superstar Kaka has signed for the club, Arabian Business can reveal.

Sheikh Mansour is understood to have told his advisors at 6pm Dubai time that Kaka had accepted the terms of the world record transfer to Manchester City from AC Milan. The deal, worth well over $150 million, is more than three times higher than the previous richest transfer in soccer history, and will also make Kaka the highest paid footballer ever with wages of over $500,000 per week.

Sheikh Mansour bought the club last September, and has already broken the British transfer record with the $50millon signing of Brazilian Robinho.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2009, 10:30:59 AM »
this definitly addin flavor to de stew.de epl have ah big 5.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2009, 11:28:35 AM »
Hughes draws up Kaka battle plan as City close in on Milan playmaker• £135m world-record signing 'very close'

• Brazilian to be fulcrum of bold 4-1-4-1 line-up

Daniel Taylor and Graham Chase

guardian.co.uk
Thursday 15 January 2009 22.00 GMT

Mark Hughes is so confident of Manchester City signing Kaka that he has already drawn up a new 4-1-4-1 system to accommodate the former world footballer of the year in his proposed debut against Newcastle United on 28 January.

Hughes and his management staff have devised an adventurous system that would see Kaka partner Stephen Ireland in the centre of midfield with Robinho on the left, Shaun Wright-Phillips on the right and, if everything goes according to plan, Roque Santa Cruz in attack. Hughes's assistant, Mark Bowen, has described the world-record signing of Kaka as "very close". and the same applies to Santa Cruz's drawn-out £18m move from Blackburn Rovers. If everybody is fit and City, as expected, can also persuade West Ham United to part company with Craig Bellamy, the Wales international is likely to find himself on the bench initially.

Last night Milan's vice-president Adriano Galliani confirmed the club were "evaluating" an offer for Kaka, and gave the midfielder permission to speak to City. The fee widely reporting in Italy as being in the region of €120m (£108m). However unconfirmed reports said City's total payment will near €150m (£135m), breaking down as:

• €120m as a fee for Kaka

• €20m in agents' fees

• €10m for Kaka's father

Kaka's wages are expected to be £13.5m per annum after tax; in other words, around £500,000 gross per week, making him the highest-paid footballer in the world. Although Kaka has publicly claimed that he wants to "grow old" with Milan, he has indicated he would be happy to meet representatives from the Abu Dhabi United Group. City's owners feel the deal now hinges entirely on whether the player can be persuaded to leave one of Europe's most successful institutions for a club in the early stages of a thorough transformation.

City are hopeful that the player's father, Bosco Leite, will meet the club's executive chairman, Garry Cook, and be convinced about the club's potential and Hughes dismissed reports emanating from Abu Dhabi yesterday that the deal was off. The manager also rejected suggestions that the deal had been arranged above his head.

"We are a football business, so it has to be a football decision first and foremost," he said. "In the outset any thoughts about bringing in a player of the quality of Kaka have to start at a football level and that's my level. I make my recommendations and then we try to pursue the process and see if we can get to a point where we feel we can present something to a player's club. If people think this is being done above my head, then they are being totally naive."

Hughes added: "The fact that we are interested in a player of the quality of Kaka shows the intent of the owners. We are not just taking a scatter-gun approach to world stars of football. This is a measured and calculated football decision that works for us and that's the reason we have expressed an interest in a player of the quality of Kaka. We feel he's the type and the right quality that we need to drag the club forward."

The manager allowed himself to think about the prospect of another genuine superstar joining his squad and the impact it would have on the other players.

"There will be more of a buzz if the players actually turn up in the car park and he walks through the doorway. However, we are nowhere near that at the moment, so we have to be a little bit pragmatic and understand that it's always a long process. The situation is still fluid and there's a lot to be played out yet."

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2009, 11:39:30 AM »
This Kaka thing have me in two minds.

On one hand I would like to see him playing for City in the EPL. Would be an interesting experiment. For all Chelase money and all the rumours about Ronaldinho, Robinho and Kaka they never brought in one of them really big stars from Italy or Spain.

Throughout history the English League has not had a player this big who has made his name overseas. Imagine if a Zidane, Platini, Ronaldinho, Maradona played in England in their prime. I find it will just be interesting to see and almost guarantees that City will be among the most watched.

On the other hand the kind of wage inflation it could precipitate is scary. Not just at City. it not hard to imaging players like Lampard, Ronaldo, Rooney etc who on 100 - 150,000 a week looking at aman making 500,000 and saying "well at least double my salary nah?".

I also don't think that Kaka himself is worth the money he is a critical purchase for City and if they him the floodgates will open. It will give other players encouragement and hope that City could compete and players will not be hemmin' and hawin' when City start looking at them.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2009, 11:51:02 AM »
This Kaka thing have me in two minds.

On one hand I would like to see him playing for City in the EPL. Would be an interesting experiment. For all Chelase money and all the rumours about Ronaldinho, Robinho and Kaka they never brought in one of them really big stars from Italy or Spain.

Throughout history the English League has not had a player this big who has made his name overseas. Imagine if a Zidane, Platini, Ronaldinho, Maradona played in England in their prime. I find it will just be interesting to see and almost guarantees that City will be among the most watched.

On the other hand the kind of wage inflation it could precipitate is scary. Not just at City. it not hard to imaging players like Lampard, Ronaldo, Rooney etc who on 100 - 150,000 a week looking at aman making 500,000 and saying "well at least double my salary nah?".

I also don't think that Kaka himself is worth the money he is a critical purchase for City and if they him the floodgates will open. It will give other players encouragement and hope that City could compete and players will not be hemmin' and hawin' when City start looking at them.

i with you and i getting real pragmatic about money in football these days.

i mean.. what is the relevance of the money being spent anyway? if it was a public company or shareholders spending it that is one thing, but this is just rich men pelting cash at a hobby as they please.. They could just have easily take that money and feed hungry people, or give half of that money to an ex-wife or spend it on a round trip to the moon or something.  20 million or 100 million is like the same thing to them sheikh and dem..

i glad you bring up the point about chelsea bringing in not one superstar when they launched their project because it shows that they adopted a more 'morally respectable' model. ;)

It will be interesting to see how Kaka performs in this team because at the end of the day he is still a brazilian player with only Serie A experience and he still hadda adapt. A part of me is disappointed because i kinda feel as if he is selling his soul especially with his staunch religious upbringing.

Also, if he doesn't deliver instant returns and Man City slide further toward relegation, just imagine the kinda pressure will be on him and the club will become a laughing stock.

Or study even if a wild man like Pogatetz clean him up with a wild tackle and put him out for the season. So many possibilities, but one thing for sure, it will make for interesting watching...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2009, 11:54:21 AM »
wha wrong with that sheik boy? muslims and others needs aid right in his neighbourhood (palestine,iraq,afghanistan etc) and he wha spend 100 million on Kaka?  ???

STEUPS.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2009, 12:01:56 PM »
Man City have denied the story.

A piece from the BBC's Robbo, sums up a bit of what quite a few fans are thinking probably.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/robborobson/2009/01/sheikh_ya_money.html
Sheikh ya money!

* Robbo Robson
    * 15 Jan 09, 03:08 PM

So it's started - the men in the desert are swapping round their Panini stickers and deciding which ones they want to buy.

Were I a sheikh in Abu Dhabi (and I'm glad I'm not 'cos I can't stand them sub-human temperatures or the freaky chill of air-conditioning) I'd be sending a little posse of henchmen off to Manchester United with the Securicor van loaded to the gills for the gelled tumbler.

Kaka's not a bad place to start though, eh? But when they start talking about 90 million quid and the lad being on half a million a week, you just think well let's forget it. The Blue Bell can cut its Sky subscription, and we can get the crib board and dominoes out of the dusty cupboard behind the bar and just relax.

Hell, let's go the whole hog and get the cheese skittles and the shove ha'penny out and indulge in some proper humble low-budget entertainment, 'cos I'm getting right racked off with contributing to WAG leopard-print scatter cushions and walnut flippin' dashes on the Mercs and Porsches.

No-one, NO-ONE, deserves to earn £100m * for kicking a chuffin' ball about the place. For that amount of money you should be curing cancer, inventing an even larger hadron collider thingamabob and single-handedly arresting the downturn. (*assuming he gets a four-year deal.)

Fact is, I've never particularly begrudged a lad like Rooney or Becks earning a shedload for being able to toe-poke a pig's-bladder creatively, but this has taken it onto a scale where even Rio 'eight-months-off-for-missing-a-drugs-test-but-I-still-want-a-pay-rise' Ferdinand might say: "Do you know what? I think it might be a tad too much per week, that."

There are people all over Europe chewing on bits of wood and wondering where their next job might come from, not to mention the people who scrape by every day regardless of credit being crunched, and this fella who's bought Man City is chucking his cash around with all the care of a cat de-feathering a sparrow. I tell you, it's vomit-inducing.

And the thing is, you wouldn't mind if these millionaires actually got better with each and every salary rise but you look at, say, Chelsea and it's the opposite. There are mercenaries out there on ageing legs whose performances have been so limp you'd almost think they carried their week's wages in their trim and sweaty jock-straps and it was weighing them down.

Some sportsmen'll tell you that the money is not important and I dare say Andy Murray couldn't give a fig about the cheque right now. But the BlueBells (unbeaten in three) all agree that were we to get, ooh I dunno the money Sheva gave his cleaning lady every week while he was in London, we'd all do a damn sight better and we might even stay out of the boozer till after the game out of respect for the dosh we'd be getting.

Then again if you're stupid - or should that be honest - enough to admit that money's the objective, as England's Alistair Cook did before the Stanford charade, then some pillock - a coach or a captain, maybe - will insist that every Englishman is there to represent his country and the million dollars is of secondary importance.

Ballacks. The Stanford match was all about the money. That was the blinking point!

It's the same with Kaka. Man City have been around a while but anyone thinking that the lustre of the sky blue greats that have gone before (Colin Bell, the chubby tumbler and bog-roll magnate Frannie Lee, Tony Book, ermm... Shaun Goater?...) will attract the big names to Eastlands is three strikers short of a starting XI (although that wouldn't worry David Moyes).

If Kaka arrives it'll be for the lolly. He's a devout Christian and gives a good chunk of all he earns to the Church, so he might be able to convince himself in that way. I dunno, though, I'm not sure the Church needs that money more than, say, Middlesbrough FC's transfer budget.

From the noises coming out of Kaka's corner it doesn't sound like he wants to go, but you can bet the Rossoneri are well-interested. It's been suggested that Berlusconi is too proud a man to let a prized asset go but he's not to proud to wear that strangely fixed smile or that spookily black lacquered hairdo that makes him look like a burnt-out mahogany matchstick.

But it's not what Kaka decides that's the problem - and you can hardly blame him if they lay a trail of fivers from his door all the way to some private country residence in Cheshire (not too close to Keano's mutts, mind).

It's the fact that with every passing wage-hike in Premier League land, your average footballer learns less and less about the reasons why we, the wage-payers, go and watch them fall on their sorry backsides every week.

'Cos they used to be like us. They'd fluff a chance and you'd buy 'em a pint after the game and tell them to do better next time. Now they wouldn't go to a pub, and even a lounge bar has its perils.

They live in a cotton-wool world where every step they take is monitored and managed by their clubs like they're poorly pigging kittens on Rolf's Animal Hospital. They're about as in touch with the real world as Blake Fielder-Civil. (And how ironic is that 'Civil' in his name, eh?)

I'm with Shearer on this one - if the Abu Dhabi lobby do handpick a clump of galacticos it'll last for five years max, they'll get bored, everyone'll scuttle off for their retirement jobs at somewhere less freaky and City fans will be left pining for the days of Big Mal and Peter Swales and paying heaps for Steve Daley and Kevin Reeves.

As we say to our grandson Wilfred when he's eyeing up the electric carving knife over Sunday lunch, so I say to Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan: "Put it down! It's not a toy!"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2009, 12:03:51 PM »
wha wrong with that sheik boy? muslims and others needs aid right in his neighbourhood (palestine,iraq,afghanistan etc) and he wha spend 100 million on Kaka?  ???

STEUPS.

you couldn't be serious.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2009, 12:05:44 PM »
Or study even if a wild man like Pogatetz clean him up with a wild tackle and put him out for the season. So many possibilities, but one thing for sure, it will make for interesting watching...

That is the danger with putting all your eggs in one basket. It mightn't even take that. He could just twist he ankle and be out for a 2 months.

I wouldn't give Chelsea too much credit though. They tried for Robinho and spend real money on Shevchenko. I think the only reason they din't go after those types of players was because they did not fit Mourinho's regimented, physical style tht he wanted the team playing. That is why he did not bring Deco with him to Chelsea.

I also don't see what his religion have to do with where he plays ball or how much he gets paid. Milan is just a job and City is just another job.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 01:40:05 PM »
Omar.....he not selling his soul imo. Milan looking to do a serious piece of business and they done 'encourage' kaka to at least listen to ManCity offer. They want this deal and no player should stay where he not wanted. Especially when is two very deadly men, Berlusconi and Galliani, calling de shots. I honestly feel de man doh want to leave and doh need the money. All it takes is for Milan to say no. But in the end it's still up to him. Ancellotti would love it if he stayed...the Milan fans will worship him to the end of days. But who knows if he would get shut out by the real powers that be...we'll never know what the club has told him...

Just look at the difference at how Kaka conducting himself compared to C. Ronaldo when R. Madrid made a similar offer. The Brazilian not taking this decision lightly and I respect that. Most players will beg for their club to get the deal done and burn any bridge to get it done.

One thing people haven't considered is how poisonous this deal could be in the dressing room. ballers have inflated egos and will be upset that one of them making so much more than the others. If kaka accepts the offer..he will be under more pressure than any player in history

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 02:27:30 PM »
Sorry,
No single player is worth this amount of money. Suppose my boy has a slow start, or even worse, has an injury that keeps him out for any extended period? The fans will turn on him quick.
On top of that, I just can't see how this deal makes financial sense.

PS Kaka really eh all dat anyway. If there was going to be a GBP100m dollar man, it shouldn't be him.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 02:51:43 PM »
Sorry,
No single player is worth this amount of money. Suppose my boy has a slow start, or even worse, has an injury that keeps him out for any extended period? The fans will turn on him quick.
On top of that, I just can't see how this deal makes financial sense.

PS Kaka really eh all dat anyway. If there was going to be a GBP100m dollar man, it shouldn't be him.
yuh right,is messi.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2009, 03:02:48 PM »
Sorry,
No single player is worth this amount of money ........ If there was going to be a GBP100m dollar man, it shouldn't be him.

You contradict yourself greatly above.

Why shouldn't he be worth 100M quid? I actually believe he deserves. He offers a particular set of skills that are unique, and Man C's owners would like his services - why should he not receive what the free market dictates? Besides, if he's generating the income from shirt sales, raise in attendance, advertising and various streams of revenue to the club - why then should his salary not reflect remuneration for his production and input?

His salary is dwarfed by executive pay, and guess what ... the person who pays him that outrageous salary, makes a whole hell of a lot more than him.

I think he deserves every single penny of it. He has shown his loyalty to Milan, and if Milan wants to force him to move, and Man City is willing to employ him and compensate him for his relocation, 100M quid is a hell of a bargain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Man City fans..put up allyuh hand NOW
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 03:38:26 PM »
yea..i start this now so we could count de Man City fans now...before it get outta hand...
so noboby could accuse people of jumping on de bandwagon nah...it will also prove if yuh back players or clubs...so we could always return to this thread...so lets go..
it still at ZERO right now
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 03:39:10 PM »
If the sheik is willing to pay that amount of money for Kaka, then that is the price. He is worth it to them.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2009, 03:41:57 PM »
Sorry,
No single player is worth this amount of money ........ If there was going to be a GBP100m dollar man, it shouldn't be him.

You contradict yourself greatly above.

Why shouldn't he be worth 100M quid? I actually believe he deserves. He offers a particular set of skills that are unique, and Man C's owners would like his services - why should he not receive what the free market dictates? Besides, if he's generating the income from shirt sales, raise in attendance, advertising and various streams of revenue to the club - why then should his salary not reflect remuneration for his production and input?

His salary is dwarfed by executive pay, and guess what ... the person who pays him that outrageous salary, makes a whole hell of a lot more than him.

I think he deserves every single penny of it. He has shown his loyalty to Milan, and if Milan wants to force him to move, and Man City is willing to employ him and compensate him for his relocation, 100M quid is a hell of a bargain.

How does a man dwarf 500 000 pounds a week?

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Man City fans..put up allyuh hand NOW
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 03:42:42 PM »
ah know I am not a MAN UTD fan... ;D So I guess i could support the real Manchester team  :D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2009, 03:51:30 PM »
ah know I am not a MAN UTD fan... ;D So I guess i could support the real Manchester team  :D

Big Up!

Steups

You mean Real Manchester.... cuz das what they playing they are now

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2009, 03:52:58 PM »
Ok so dais one DESOWA
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2009, 03:57:42 PM »
my bad ... it's not pounds, it's $500k dollars ..... but even though, 500k quid is nothing in the world of executive pay.

However, his yearly gross salary is GBP13.5M ... to the average person, that is a helluva lot.
My point is that Kaka is not average .... he is an exceptional talent and in executive compensation, 13.5M quid is nothing.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 04:02:54 PM »
I definitely ain't pullin for the red half of Manchester.
+ blue is my favourite colour.
..... but I ain't no Man C fan.

There's only oneee Ricky Hatton la la la la la la la walking in a winter wonderlannnnd (until Floyd Mayweather knock you the f**k out)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2009, 04:07:53 PM »
there's an oxymoron..
Man City fans...
whey boy!

1]; } ?>