April 16, 2024, 10:30:30 AM

Author Topic: Ahkeela Mollon Thread  (Read 26631 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Ahkeela Mollon Thread
« on: January 14, 2009, 08:00:41 PM »
Exclusive Interview with Ahkeela Mollon.
By: Inshan "Flex" Mohammed.

1. Ahkeela, obviously you became the first T&T woman player to gain a foreign contract to play in Europe. How do you feel to carry such honour.
AM: It’s have been tremendous, the opportunity in which the heavenly father have bless me with. The opportunity to be able to continue my football career after college and being able to complete on such a high level have certainly have a huge affect on my life. I now can reap the benefits off all my hard work and determination during the past few years.

2. How is the experience playing in Sweden?
AM: The experience thus far has been wonderful; the Swedish people have shown me nothing but love and respect during my time there and I am looking forward to returning to such welcoming and loving people. The level of football is high and there is so many female footballers in Sweden. As a society the Swedish people is known to take their football seriously and once u around that type of environment you can’t help but have the same feeling, which can be so encouraging for you as a football player to continue to take football serious and work at improving yourself daily as a player because people is always expecting the best. So thus far my experience has been great, and so fruitful, in the sense that, you feel like you growing daily in the game, because everything in Sweden is about football.

3. How were you spotted.
AM: My opportunity to play in Sweden came about, because of my involvement during the summers playing for my W-League team the Charlotte Eagles. It was during the past two summers that I was spotted by an overseas official and one year later here I am playing in Sweden.

4. Give us a run down on how hard it was for you to adjust there, the food, how the fans and your teammates treated you.
AM: The very first day I got to Sweden it was like -3 degree’s weather, not good at all since I just left Trinidad and the weather was clocking about 40 degree’s, so I had no time to get adjusted to the weather. The food was ok, matter of fact the Swedish people is known to be healthy eaters, since I myself believe in healthy eating, it was ok adjusting to the food. The people on the other hand were very sweet, really nice people, but a bit to shy. Wow, Swedish people are shy, but one quality they have that amazes me, is there equality. They very equal as a society, which was so amazing to me, because I grew up in a society that thought us to be competitive and try to out do others. But it’s not like that in Sweden, everyone is equal and that’s that.

5. Your biggest accomplishment. And proudest moment?
AM: My biggest accomplishment was the day that I started to gain a relationship with your (?). He is my life and my salvation, and no other accomplishment could be greater than what the God has blessed me with and that is his love. My proudest moment was being able to be the first Trinidad and Tobago women football player to attend a big division one University like South Carolina and graduate on time with my degree in psychology, while competing at such high level of football in the USA.

6. Who do you admire the most.
AM: I have two people that I really look up to, the first person is my mom, she is my rock and the person that helps to keep me grounded. I could not have asked God for a better queen in my life, she is simply amazing. And secondly my psychology professor, during my two year at the University of South Carolina, she have taught me so much about life and understanding how the human mind works, which have been contributing daily as I face day to day challenges in my life, and my footballing career.

7. Which current T&T women player/s you feel is capable of playing in Sweden.
AM: Tasha St Louis and Mariah Shade. Both have what it takes currently to play in Sweden at the highest level. And mind you Mariah Shade is still at the U-20 level and has not completed her schooling in Trinidad, still in form five and only 18-years old and already have what it takes to play at that level. Well Tasha can play at any level, in other words she is simply “good”.

8. Do you feel we should have a professional Women League in T&T.
AM: Yes, with the increasing number of female players currently taking interest in football in Trinidad, the TTFF should be looking into forming a professional women football league, so the younger one’s coming up in the game have something to look forward too.

9. What do you feel should be done for us to qualify for a first ever world cup.
AM: More investments must be put into place for the women’s national team to benefit, in order for us to be able to go on tours, or hold weekly camps or whatever preparation is needed to take us to the next level. Women football in Trinidad must be taken more seriously, because the women game is vase becoming a power house all over the world. For a small country like Trinidad, we have the talent, but we don’t have the financial backings.

10. What is your dream.
AM: My dream is for one day to play for one of the best women team in the world with all the right players around me J. Also, my main purpose, goal or dream is to use the talent God has blessed me with to be a role model for the younger ones. Our youths are being taken away from us because of all the criminalities taking place not only in Trinidad but all over the world. People in high places, say for example; athletes must be setting a good example for the youths to follow, because believe it or not the youths are looking on and they looking on to us for some sort of guidance and hope for the future. As athletes we can help, and we should never let these youths down, the ones who is looking on and hoping for a way out. So that’s one of my dreams to impact as many kids life as I can through sports, through football.

11. As we understand your cousin Clyde Leon is a member of the national men's team. Do you have any more family playing for the T&T national teams.
AM: No, Clyde is the only one currently playing for the national team, but Marvin Phillip, he is my brother in law, if that’s counts J.

12. Have you ever visited the Soca Warriors Online ? if so, what's your thoughts.
AM: Honestly, I have not visit the site in a long time.

13. What are your thoughts on Debe High winning it first ever SSFL title in 2009.
AM: Well, they have been a great team throughout the season and every game they got better and better. Mariah Shade as I mention before plays for that team, and she is a good role model for the girls there, and I know for a fact a lot of girls are looking on at her for leadership and she have accepted that role with grace. They have a great coach, he coached me during my years at Pertrotrin and I could only see that team continuing to be a power house in the women game in Trinidad. 

14. Where do you see yourself in the near future.
AM: I see my self, going up and up from here on. I am a fighter and I go after what I want. I am never a quitter and would never settle for less. I know in my heart God would want me to achieve all that he will for me, so knowing that, you will only see or hear great things about me in the future, because God is in control of this ship and once he is in the control, I know that all the things that I work for in the future will be given unto me.

15. What's your thoughts on T&T hosting the FIFA Under-17 Women's World Cup in 2010.
AM: That will be a tremendous opportunity for us to showcase the talent and help bring the Trinidad community together for such a grand occasion. It will benefit our country a lot and will go a long way in showing the Trinidad and Tobago nation how serious the women game has become and will continue to be in the future.

16. Who do you feel would make a good coach for the T&T senior woman team.
AM: No comment!! I will work under any coach as long as they put the best team on the field when game day comes.

17. Your favorite T&T player/s men and women.
AM: Was always a big fan of Russell Latapy would like to meet him one day, my email is even ladylatapy (smile), and my favorite women player, was Tamara forgot her last name, but I always use to admire her as she was real good and I use to look up to her and say one day I would like to play like her.

18. Your favorite food.
AM: I love, crab and dumplings. Give me crab any day, any hour, with dumplings, it would make my day.

19. Do you believe foreign born players have the commitment that can help our team. Or do you think it would be better to invest in T&T born players instead. Giving them the necessary exposure to become better players.
AM: Well, it’s a give, and a take, I believe that everyone should be given the chance to represent the country in which they were born or their parents were born. It’s then up to the coach’s to pick the right players that is fit and ready to represent the country, be it local players or players born in another country. Once the love is there and they know to come and play with all that they got, everyone should be given the opportunity. I think it will make it more of a competitive thing, and help to motivate players to bring there best.

20. If you had to name an All-Star T&T team. Who would they be?
AM: If I had to pick a team, this will be my team; Defenders-Nadia James, Leslie Ann-James, Ayanna Russell, Janelle Nedd, Midfielders-Tasha St Louis, Avenel, Maylee Attin Johnson, Ahkeela Darcel Mollon, Forward-Mariah Shade and Kennya Cordner, Goal keeper-Nicole. - subs, Katrina Meyer, Aveann Douglas, Dernelle Mascall, Niasha Reyes, Mohammed twins.

Note: On behalf on the Soca Warriors Online and Warrior Nation, we say thank you to Ahkeela for taking the time out to do this Q&A Interview for us. We wish you all the best in the future. May Gob Bless you and your family.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 08:04:22 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SWO - Exclusive Interview with Swedish sweetheart Ahkeela Mollon.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 08:18:05 PM »
Flex u wukin over time
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 08:28:18 PM »
top stuff again fex
all the best to mollon...darcell...i  real like to see her play...
St Louis...Maylee..ya ya...Shade...them could play
it have a smallie indian girl on the youth tean too...real good passer..magas...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 04:53:03 AM »
Good work Flex.

Nice replies by Mollon, she seems cool.....

Never saw Mollon play, but to get sign to play in Europe she have to be good.....

Like Tasha St Louis too, he could handle she business.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 06:54:27 AM »
I wonder if a late question can be asked......what about the WPS that is being lauched in the States.  any chance of her seeking a move there?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 07:18:36 AM »
I wonder if a late question can be asked......what about the WPS that is being lauched in the States.  any chance of her seeking a move there?
No, she is not seeking a move there at this point. She is heading back to Sweden soon. According to her "Europe is de real deal". Don't know if she is referring to money, the level of competition or both.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 08:05:54 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 07:48:46 AM »
D lifestyle
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 08:14:22 AM »
Boss questions and boss replies...

Keep them coming Flex.

And good luck to Mollon, seems she have her head on her shoulder. !!!!!!

Meh eh know Marvin Phillip is she brother in law, hope he married she sister and leave Ahkeela for me...  :rotfl:

Mariah Shade will soon be a big player... watch.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 12:17:43 PM »
No, she is not seeking a move there at this point. She is heading back to Sweden soon. According to her "Europe is de real deal". Don't know if she is referring to money, the level of competition or both.

Ah doubt is the money.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 08:39:04 PM »

Ah doubt is the money.

What ever the case I wish her all de best. This is we best woman player right now.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 09:32:24 PM »

Ah doubt is the money.

What ever the case I wish her all de best. This is we best woman player right now.

Nah Sam she is not the best. Tasha still the best and if Leslie ann gets her fitness back, Leslie anm will be second, followed by Maylee.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline trinipepper

• New Warrior
  • addin fire to the flame ...izatrini
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 11:19:08 PM »
I like tasha style...leslie ann needs to get her mind back in soccer... they are ballers...never saw Ahkeela play...but good luck in sweden. I saw Marta and the whole Brazilian clan are leaving Sweden to come to the USA to play in the WPS. Also Kelly Smith from Arsenal Ladies FC...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 11:23:54 PM by trinipepper »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 08:01:06 AM »
The WPS is the best women league in the world ?

Wonder how the Swedish women league ranked ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
One on one with Ahkeela Mollon
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 12:15:16 PM »
One on one with Ahkeela Mollon
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF Media)

1. What’s the feeling like, coming back from Sweden to lead your country’s attack in its bid to qualify for the Concacaf Gold Cup?
It's an amazing feeling after almost three years to be able to wear my national team  colours once more. And what's even more exciting is to be able to come and show how much Ahkeela Mollon has developed over the years and there’s no better place to show than in front of my home country.

2. You're more experienced as a player now, is there a feeling of more responsibility? How are you handling it?
Yes, I have matured over the years and being able to be exposed to first the American brand of football and now the European brand. Off course even the brand of football here in the Caribbean has done wonders for my game. Now I think it's my responsibility to be able to pass on my knowledge to the younger ones on the team and even on the youth teams. Every player wants someone to look up too, and I must try and be that example for the younger ones. Thus far I am dealing with that responsibility well because everyone knows Ahkeela Mollon, always willing to help and give words of encouragement.

3. How did you feel about the first win over St Lucia? Satisfied or felt it could have been better, both your personal performance and the team overall?
The game against St Lucia was okay but overall as a team we could have done better with especially with regards to finishing our opportunities. We need to work more on composure in front the box and finishing our chances, but overall we weren’t bad but could get better.

4. What’s it been like in Sweden? The climate, the fans and the football on a whole?
It's a wonderful feeling playing in Sweden. The fans are great… they really love watching the Trinidadian Rasta play  and I have a lot of fans. The weather on the other hand is tough (wow). I mean sometimes the weather is like -1 degree and we train or even have a game and coming from a country like Trinidad, it makes Swedish weather look like punishment (laughing). But I’ve learnt to deal with it and if you ask anyone about Ahkeela Mollon they will say just word one and that is “driven”.

5. Do you think that considering the amount of experience and quality in the T&T team at present  compared to when you first played back in 2001, that this could be one of T&T’s best chance to reach at least the final stages of the Gold Cup?
YES, certainly because all the girls from 2001 and onwards have matured so much in the game and have so much experience playing in foreign Leagues. Theyall brought something back to the table which in return I think will help with the success of the team.

6. How important  is it for the Senior team to do well as a sign of encouragement for the Under 17 girls at the FIFA Under 17 World Cup in September.
It's very important for us to be an example for the U-17s as in that way they have a group of players to look up to and try to be like or even better. We as senior players must know that the younger players are looking on and most likely will be coming out to all those games and we need to set the standard by demonstrating what maturity in the game is all about … by the way we play.

7. What’s your routine like in Sweden in terms of football readiness?
Well, my routine is focus, focus, and more focus, making sure I have a very strong training pattern before all my games. I Listen to a lot of music on the day of the game and I make sure that I very health meals. That is pretty much it for the most part.

8. Do you wish you had the chance to play at an Under 17 World Cup?
Nope! All my experiences lead to all the enjoyment in my life thus far, and there have been a lot of good experiences. So no, I am very happy for the present Under17 players because come September it will be another experience to add to their chapters of life.

AirMan

Re: One on one with Ahkeela Mollon
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 05:31:54 PM »
Thanks

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 06:45:11 PM »
Ahkeela Mollon - 2010 Gold Cup Highlights

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1IZB68UVhQY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1IZB68UVhQY</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 07:27:27 PM »
Girl oh girl. what a gem we have. You know everybody looking for the next excitting TT player. SHE right dey. Unfortuantely the she needs some support. She can't do it alone. Sting dem Ahkeelah, sting dem.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:49:35 PM by Deeks »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 07:48:40 PM »
Thanks for the vid Tallman.  I have to say that I have only periodically checked in on this girl young lady's career, but ah never really had a chance to see her in any kind of extended action.  First time really taking her in and I am very impressed.  She have real pace, nice touches and great tenacity.  She fight all over that field like I never see one of our male players do.  I not putting down the fellas, I just mention the comparison because often women get overlooked for their athleticism and competitiveness, and it would be a real disservice to Akheela to not mention either.  She's a boss player and I hope she continues to be "driven" to succeed, despite the sometimes harsh conditions abroad.

Kudos too to Fuentes... good interview.  Ah still say he's ah goat, but there's a role for him in our football once he not settling fuh being Jack propaganda tool.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 07:53:54 PM »
Thanks for the vid Tallman.  I have to say that I have only periodically checked in on this girl young lady's career, but ah never really had a chance to see her in any kind of extended action.  First time really taking her in and I am very impressed.  She have real pace, nice touches and great tenacity.  She fight all over that field like I never see one of our male players do.  I not putting down the fellas, I just mention the comparison because often women get overlooked for their athleticism and competitiveness, and it would be a real disservice to Akheela to not mention either.  She's a boss player and I hope she continues to be "driven" to succeed, despite the sometimes harsh conditions abroad.

Kudos too to Fuentes... good interview.  Ah still say he's ah goat, but there's a role for him in our football once he not settling fuh being Jack propaganda tool.

Bakes,
            I could not agree with you more. I have seen sparingly. She is real good. But she can't do it all by herself. She is a cut above the rest. I hope she makes it in her endeavours. Jah watch over this Princess, please!!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 08:59:39 PM »
she have skill too bad , one of the better women ballers ive seen, internationally
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 10:45:27 PM »
She is the best I've seen since Izler and Delia.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 11:50:26 PM »

She's good, really good. But if you had seen Tasha, Maylee and Leslie Ann James play you would have seen ballers.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2010, 12:54:28 AM »
I agree with allyuh fellas. We have a real gem here!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2010, 05:50:02 AM »
Nice skill. humble player also... she crosses better than some on the men's team  :beermug:

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2010, 07:13:49 AM »
Thanks Tallman ... nice lil player, speed, touches, willingness to tackle, composure on the ball (maybe she and Tinto need to buss a lil lime together, he might learn something). I hope she can stay driven and continue to do well for club and country.

Allyuh in feel she could put on a lil extra muscle. Must be tough going playing in Sweden with dem giant women dem.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2010, 08:59:11 AM »
one of the bright spots for the gold cup for Trinidad
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 09:31:38 AM »

She's good, really good. But if you had seen Tasha, Maylee and Leslie Ann James play you would have seen ballers.
Gotcha Maylee hasn't been the same since her knee injury haven't really seen much of the other two.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2010, 11:26:43 AM »

Delia yes...wha ever became of her?  Is she working in the sport?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2010, 11:33:03 AM »

Delia yes...wha ever became of her?  Is she working in the sport?

She put on ah li'l size since she FIU days and living in B'more... not sure she involved in any official, organized capacity though.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2010, 08:28:59 PM »
following mollon for a long time.. she is tops

you all saw after the Mexico match when Mexico coach came to mollon and had a chat with her and he bowed down to her ???... class
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>