April 29, 2024, 08:18:28 PM

Author Topic: How much of allyuh had one of these ??  (Read 13557 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: How much of allyuh had one of these ??
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »
Whey...memories yes!

Omar..the nerds by us take it up a notch..they used to weld/glue/tape...two or more geometry pan together and have double and triple decker pan. One section for the metal instruments, one for plastic and the third for pen and ting.

I used to lorse them ting right tru...I used to have one pen and dais it. Also I used to manage to keep one broken triangle from the set.

Long time my money was $5 a day...sometimes 10$ if I had lessons and had to buy snack after school.

$5 used to buy chow, hotdog, roti, pie, juice, snocone, saltprunes....or a box lunch.

Long time I used to try and swindle kicker he box lunch for two pie and a juice...or a roti... I was successful on certain days of the week.

But under all seriousness...who here ever own a lunchbag?

I remember my mother tell me when I was going in form one...how I getting big and I hadda move away from lunchkit and get lunch bag. Well I move smart and keep meh lunch bag in meh regular book bag 1st day of school (Trinity College)

All those who had lunch kit get properly laughed at, heckle and men start to cry. Men with lunch bag get tax...men start to play football with the lunch bag all kinda ting...had a game called "Volley"...one fella swing...the other kick and is so it going.

I end up eating meh lunch for breakfast and keep the lil change I had for lunchtime. I wrap up meh lunch bag small small and stuff it in a pocket of meh bookbag.

In primary school the last lunchkit I ever own was destroyed on a outing to Emporer Valley Zoo...Where the monkeys and birds are...is a long long step and they have a lil ramp too for wheel chairs etc.
A certain red bamsee monkey start pelting shit at us and to escape I hop on meh lunchkit and slide right down to the bottom of the steps. Nearing the base...I hear crack...see the clip break off and fly, I fly off, thermos gorn one side and is level white man down the rest of the steps....memories yes.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2009, 01:02:00 PM »
remember de lil cinema outings we had  back in them days.my school use to go eros cinema in tunapuna.anybody remeber these movies ..snake with dirk benedict i tink and swamp,was about de killer bees.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2009, 03:28:27 PM »
remember de lil cinema outings we had  back in them days.my school use to go eros cinema in tunapuna.anybody remeber these movies ..snake with dirk benedict i tink and swamp,was about de killer bees.

Back in my time it was Terence Hill and Bud Spencer in the "Trinity" series.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2009, 03:59:49 PM »

The only one I remember seeing was Cowboys in Africa.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2009, 04:17:53 PM »
Allyuh talking about man taxing and ting. Recess time, yuh hadda move quick otherwise is nuff man asking you for yuh ping pong and is only like 10 in the bag. By the tie you share out is only 2 yuh get.

Also, anybody ever used to play "Texas"? 
It used to come in chewing gum packs, like trading cards. If yuh collect all it had a big picture on the back when you put them together. I remember a cowboy picture, Star Wars and Kiss.

We used to flip them, loser give up he cards. A time I play with mih good partner for keeps and loss all mih cards, so I beat him and take them back. Years later ah man in Form 4 come and tell me "Yuh remember the time?" All them years I feel I get away clean - no witnesses, this time the man was watching me fight a man for texas through the window.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2009, 04:33:56 PM »

how about spinning top?

not a true trini top but close enough

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2009, 05:16:01 PM »
Nah i use to play sky ball, rounders and scooch.

nah Capo dey cinema was Planet cinema in Curepe...dollar popcorn and ya mudda maudy >:(
And it cole eh, cause she freeze it dey night before....

poverty is fleckin hell oui....steupse!!!

ah still grateful for small mercies ;D

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2009, 05:22:45 PM »
talkin bout the cinema in curepe
meh bruddaoutlaw used to take his dawg in dere :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2009, 08:08:35 PM »
All yuh making meh smile boy .. I remember them days in Palladium sitting in pit watching kick-up and western    :rotfl: :rotfl:
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2009, 08:20:17 PM »

Back in my time it was Terence Hill and Bud Spencer in the "Trinity" series.

No doubt... My Name is Trinity... Trinity is Still My Name.

Real spaghetti western... many of us didn't even realize that Terence Hill was actually an Italian who barely spoke a word of English... hence the limited dialogue in his roles.

Also, anybody ever used to play "Texas"? 
It used to come in chewing gum packs, like trading cards. If yuh collect all it had a big picture on the back when you put them together. I remember a cowboy picture, Star Wars and Kiss.

... de cards in my days was Kiss and Six Million Dollar Man.

One time me and mih pardna leave primary school recess tuh go quite Guaico junction to buy card... mind you de card and de 'gum' on de back virtually indistinguishable in look and taste eh.  Well mih pardna gone troubling ah ole man car next tuh de parlor... we run and reach back to school late... was Standard Two, I remember well.  Teacher ask mih what ah was doing down dey... ah tell him ah went to buy ah pack ah 'Steve Austin'.  Man we get one cut-ass in front de class.  He aks mih if Steve Austin was mih father... tuh dis day them words does still have mih traumatized by shame and anger, lol

I still wah buss he f**kkin head.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2009, 08:27:35 PM »
I still wah buss he f**kkin head.

Get if off yuh chest Bakes ;D ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2009, 08:28:14 PM »
Who used to coast cigarette sweetie?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2009, 08:36:51 PM »

<raises her hand>

Anyone was ever in those school houses ? And you had to wear the house button on your shirt ?
All this time i'm looking for my snaps of primary school uniform.... ;D

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2009, 08:37:57 PM »
Boy yuh used to suck cigarette sweetie till it get sharp and have a point and then chook the girls in class with it.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2009, 09:03:21 PM »
Now i'm talking about primary school from standard 1 to 5
How much of allyuh use ah half bottle of whitening to whiten ya bata every afternoon about 6 pm
Then when rain fall, the half bottle get left behind in a trail  :rotfl:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2009, 10:41:26 PM »
who use to love up with gyul in de backseat of ah full maxi and try to hide yuh cockstand with yuh bookbag. :)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2009, 04:16:32 AM »
watch dem right here :rotfl: :rotfl:

who use to love up with gyul in de backseat of ah full maxi and try to hide yuh cockstand with yuh bookbag. :)
only Capo eh ;D
ya score wid dat one :devil:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 04:20:57 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2009, 01:42:10 PM »
U know Bata is a rankin store in Guadelope and Martinque nuff shoes cyah remember seeing any sneakers. Trini y no lunch kit?

Because ah use to go home for lunch. Primary school was roun' dey corner from meh parents home.
To tell ya dey honest truth, everyting was roun' dey corner from meh parents home.....

Which now make me think, ah was getting hot food every lunch time, while dem wid dey lunch kit had ah peanut butter san'wich and ah solo.. :devil:

Doh remind mih. Ah used to get peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day for lunch back in my primary school days.

To this day, ah still cyah bring myself to take ah bite of ah peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2009, 04:20:29 PM »
men talking bout felt pen...

but to go even further back.. what bout the blotting pen that use to come with a bottle of ink. And yuh to draw on that to refill like a syringe. Real girls used to have that for penmanship.

never had one and glad too because that woulda be a disaster for a youth like me.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2009, 05:27:15 PM »

but to go even further back.. what bout the blotting pen that use to come with a bottle of ink. And yuh to draw on that to refill like a syringe. Real girls used to have that for penmanship.

never had one and glad too because that woulda be a disaster for a youth like me.

Yuh young. I had that.

In primary school we were not allowed to use ball-point pens for a good while and don't talk for pencils, never happen. i used to be amazed seeing my cousins from foreign doing work in pencil.

The fountain pens was pressure though. they used to be cheap and would always leak. i used to prefer those cartridge pens from Schaeffer. Nothing better than that. Used to come in a variety of real nice designs and styles.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2009, 08:33:09 PM »
Memories boi memories.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »
Memories boi memories.

Girl remember dey days of bowclip and ribbon in ya hair ???
Dey pack ah 12 bowclips in ya hair eh?? Doh lose none cause is cutarse
Ya plait long so everytime ya run bowclip slappin ya in ya face....it was abuse!!!

Ya socks by ya knees and dey body cream for dey hour was dey sweet coconut oil. All on ya leg is oil and by dey time she finish wid ya, ya shining. Powder all under ya chin, like ya going and bake.

Now all dat is when ya going to school, but by dey time you reach home, ya mudda want to know if is dey same chile dat leave she house dey morning....fuss ya dutty  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah go say it again, meh mudda have patience  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Somebody find ah West Indian reader nuh??
Dat go be dey crown on this thread.

giggsy11

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2009, 09:10:06 PM »

Isn't that called a fountain pen?

giggsy11

« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2009, 09:14:34 PM »
Now i'm talking about primary school from standard 1 to 5
How much of allyuh use ah half bottle of whitening to whiten ya bata every afternoon about 6 pm
Then when rain fall, the half bottle get left behind in a trail  :rotfl:

I can take the prize- I decide tuh wash my sneakers 1 in the morning hang in behind the fridge tuh dry thinking it will be ready by 5am. Wasn't ready end up whitenning it and going tuh school in wet sneakers. Ting aint dry until  school don.

giggsy11

« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2009, 09:15:29 PM »

how about spinning top?

not a true trini top but close enough

Rubiks cube race and table tennis.

giggsy11

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2009, 09:20:32 PM »
Lunch use tuh be a sweet drink and a pack of nuts or a doubles. Or I use tuh bring food from home- a piece a stew chicken between two slice ah white bread- talk about shame! Especially when the damn bread got all soggy and overwhelmed by the meat. To this day I can't eat sandwhich where the meat is more than the bread.

giggsy11

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2009, 09:24:36 PM »

For me it was going tuh Strand. Use tuh love breakin beech, hang in the drag- it was kinda hard tuh not standout though cause everybody know Tranquil colours even if yuh change yuh shirt.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2009, 09:28:22 PM »
wuh about de fat lacin in yuh pro keds.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2009, 09:56:51 PM »
Memories boi memories.

Girl remember dey days of bowclip and ribbon in ya hair ???
Dey pack ah 12 bowclips in ya hair eh?? Doh lose none cause is cutarse
Ya plait long so everytime ya run bowclip slappin ya in ya face....it was abuse!!!

Ya socks by ya knees and dey body cream for dey hour was dey sweet coconut oil. All on ya leg is oil and by dey time she finish wid ya, ya shining. Powder all under ya chin, like ya going and bake.

Now all dat is when ya going to school, but by dey time you reach home, ya mudda want to know if is dey same chile dat leave she house dey morning....fuss ya dutty  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah go say it again, meh mudda have patience  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Somebody find ah West Indian reader nuh??
Dat go be dey crown on this thread.

In my case it was my grandmother who met me when I came home.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2009, 10:03:07 PM »
wuh about de fat lacin in yuh pro keds.

Ah wear ah pair of keds on my first day of Junior Sec, as saga stroll into class, yuh know the hop n drop walk, all ah hearing from the back of the class is "he's a soulman".
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

1]; } ?>