June 23, 2024, 08:26:50 AM

Author Topic: Foreign players who dis we,should they play if we qualify?  (Read 10786 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Foreign players who dis we,should they play if we qualify?
« on: September 21, 2005, 10:06:06 PM »
lloyd samuel/bobby zamora/etc
Fact is, they turned there backs on TT and in my opinion as good a player as they are,......... should TT qualify for Germany, and Mr Samuel or zamora decides that they want to make a U turn and play for TT, the Federation should shut the door in there face!

Your Take...........
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 05:03:41 AM by Tallman »

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign players who dis we,should they play if we qualify?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 05:57:58 AM »
The fact that T&T are currently possibly 2 games away from the playoffs, and they still havent come forward suggests that they are really not interested in represented Trinidad and Tobago at all. If theyhad the slightest interest, they would have contacted the JFF at least before the next game vs Panama. Perhaps they are waiting for Trinidad to get to the playoffs?

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 06:28:35 AM »
I can't really say that they turned their backs on us because they were never with us to begin with. JLyoyd, he's a born Trini but he still thinks he can make the English team. Zamora, well he's delusional because he thinks the same, he believes he can usurp, Heskey, Da Foe, Crouch, Bent, Vassell, Andy Johnson, Kevin Phillips, oh yeah and Rooney and Owen.

Generally I would say NO to including people who have not been in the set up so far with the exception of Tony Warner at Fulham. And there are always those times when you make an exception but generally NO.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 06:30:50 AM »
 No they shouldn't be allowed to play...they cyah make england side in this century...we call them and they turn their backs, so forget them...

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 06:40:40 AM »
The fact that T&T are currently possibly 2 games away from the playoffs, and they still havent come forward suggests that they are really not interested in represented Trinidad and Tobago at all. If theyhad the slightest interest, they would have contacted the JFF at least before the next game vs Panama. Perhaps they are waiting for Trinidad to get to the playoffs?

check yuh bearings pardner!

I think that if we qualify zamora not samuel will want to play!

samuel believes that he can break into the englash team in the next couple of years!

zamora, on de other hand, has no chance of international selection right now and only dissed us cause he is very close to playing premiership football with west ham. Pardew (west ham manager) said that zamora is banging on the door for selection and only marlon harewood's recent goal run is keeping him out the side.

Coming to play for us right now will push him further down the pecking order!

But when he comes to play next year we should blank he arse!

ah love it !!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 07:24:21 AM »
play whick part hell nah send them up in morvant/laventille and we go initiate them first and them we go tell allyuh if they could get ah sweat. nah man dey done blank we.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 07:40:00 AM »
If we make it and they want to play, I say we let them play......Yes I'm going against the general opinion (surprise).

We're dealing with adults and in a professional environment......."you blank me then, so I'll blank you now" is both unprofessional and childish."

If we go to the cup, we want to field the strongest team possible, and these guys can help us. These guys never really "turned their backs" on us.......they just were not confident that playing for us would be beneficial to their careers, and I'm sure there are pressures on them coming from different angles. The Grenadian guy who plays in the MLS (Joseph ??), pretty much admitted that he regretted representing Grenada now that he may have been given a look by Arena....so put yourselves in these guys' shoes, and you might realize that such decisions are probably not as simple as someone asking you if wanna go to a fete, or out to dinner. These guys have to live with those decisions for the rest of their lives, so we as fans sitting on the sidelines in ignorance need to be careful before we pass judgement.

Yorke turned his back on us before, and so did Latapy, but our nation should have realized by now that when it comes to big business, there is no time to hold grudges......and we as fans owe it to the team to just grow up, stop being sensitive cry babies, and whole-heatedly embrace who so ever wants to help us out, especially if they stepped forward and voluntarily expressed interest (after we qualify). I for one will support the team no less should they adopt J Lloyd and co......and I would embrace J Lloyd and whoever else as Warriors all the same...........give them a chance to feel the niceness and the vibe of the Warriors camp.....you never know that might be what it takes to make them true believers.

Of course there might be a couple players who would lose their place (unfortunate), but they won't be the first players to help a team qualify and then not take part in the tournament finals.....and they won't be the last.....that's the nature of the game.

-kicker

p.s. Maybe we should qualify first before we get heated on this issue ;D :beermug: ;D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 07:50:54 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 07:52:22 AM »
If we make it and they want to play, I say we let them play......Yes I'm going against the general opinion (surprise).

We're dealing with adults and in a professional environment......."you blank me then, so I'll blank you now" is both unprofessional and childish."

If we go to the cup, we want to field the strongest team possible, and these guys can help us. These guys never really "turned their backs" on us.......they just were not confident that playing for us would be beneficial to their careers, and I'm sure there are pressures on them coming from different angles. The Grenadian guy who plays in the MLS (Joseph ??), pretty much admitted that he regretted representing Grenada now that he may have been given a look by Arena....so put yourselves in these guys' shoes, and you might realize that such decisions are probably not as simple as someone asking you if wanna go to a fete, or out to dinner. These guys have to live with those decisions for the rest of their lives, so we as fans sitting on the sidelines in ignorance need to be careful before we pass judgement.

Yorke turned his back on us before, and so did Latapy, but our nation should have realized by now that when it comes to big business, there is no time to hold grudges......and we as fans owe it to the team to just grow up, stop being sensitive cry babies, and whole-heatedly embrace who so ever wants to help us out, especially if they stepped forward and voluntarily expressed interest (after we qualify). I for one will support the team no less should they adopt J Lloyd and co......and I would embrace J Lloyd and whoever else as Warriors all the same...........give them a chance to feel the niceness and the vibe of the Warriors camp.....you never know that might be what it takes to make them true believers.

Of course there might be a couple players who would lose their place (unfortunate), but they won't be the first players to help a team qualify and then not take part in the tournament finals.....and they won't be the last.....that's the nature of the game.

-kicker

p.s. Maybe we should qualify first before we get heated on this issue ;D :beermug: ;D

Good unemotional contribution.

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 07:53:49 AM »
I certainly wouldn't have them in my team! You can't pick and choose like that! It wouldn't be faior if someone who helped T&T qualify gets left out to make room for Zamora or Samuel, even if they ARE better players!
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 08:23:07 AM »
If they had the slightest interest, they would have contacted the JFF at least before the next game vs Panama.

Why you so flickkin bad mind and condescending.......I tired tell you to stop drinking

But no forget emotion.

I say take them because they will be providing two roles where we have deficiencies, a left back/winger and a Striker.

We are poor in each dept and they will be good additions to the team.

Look at it this way.........this side was ordinary before Yorke came back. The side then became competitive. Now that we added Latapy the side now is a lil special and we slightly creative.

With a left back/winger who can mark well dribble, attack and who has a bullet and knows the concept of the over lap the team will now be balanced a bit more.

Stern need more competition up front and we need proven scorers....Zamora is such a man. Even if they inclusions is to light a fire under men to perform better then it is a worthy call up.

Besides is only two or 3 at the most big name players we have hanging around.

Please remember if we qualify we have a year of top friendlies with which to suss them out and experiment with the best striker combo or defensive combo. It is always better to have options at your disposal.

We only have one left back and 3-4 strikers who currently doe score.

Also the strikers we have going on potential or past form........nuttin wrong with a shake up.

Also If Zamora get call and a striker get drop, you think any of the available strikers we have today could really say they performances were worthy of WC selection? There are times you hadda know and be true to yuhself and know a man better than you.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 08:31:32 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 08:31:13 AM »
We ask dis question a million times b4.
Dem men are @$$holes but we do need them if we qualify.
This is case of not "cutting of your nose to spite your face"
We cah buss style on dem.
We eh vex when Latas join us late.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 08:32:58 AM »
Jack Warner already said in an interview with Andre Baptiste that all will be welcome when we qualify for the WC.So you'll know what dat mean.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 08:40:09 AM »

-kicker

You dont play for your country only when you think its benefcial to you, you play for pride and honor and Patriotism. (latapy is the exception that proves the rule)  If these guys are not interested in helping us get there, why should we give them a chance to wear the Red White and Black, so we can score some more goals in the WC.  Allyuh so only studying winning, qualifying for the WC would mean so much more to the country than just football and winning games.

You say you would embrace who wants to help us, if they show up after we qualify they wont be coming to help TnT they will be coming for their own personal benefit and the boost to their careers.

so my answer to the question HELL FLICKING NO!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 08:55:10 AM »

You dont play for your country only when you think its benefcial to you, you play for pride and honor and Patriotism. (latapy is the exception that proves the rule)  

If only it were that simple.....that's the way it should be, don't get me wrong, but I choose to live in the real world. You think Birchall was patriotic to T&T when he decided to play for us ? He probably still doesn't know the National Anthem, and probably still considers himself British before anything else.....I wouldn't be surprised if he would support England over T&T if he weren't playing. He plays for us partially because he saw a chance to play in the WC.....and we support him regarldless....yes he took a bigger risk, but it was the same principle

You can't pick and choose when to be sentimental......

Allyuh so only studying winning, qualifying for the WC would mean so much more to the country than just football and winning games.

True, and we may still lose with them.....and them being on the team doesn't take away from the value of qualifying for the World Cup.......so nice pep talk but that's besides the point.

You say you would embrace who wants to help us, if they show up after we qualify they wont be coming to help TnT they will be coming for their own personal benefit and the boost to their careers.

Regardless of what they are coming to do, they will help, and they will not only boost their own careers, but also the careers of our other players, should they make us more successful.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 09:07:45 AM by kicker »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 09:12:58 AM »
I certainly wouldn't have them in my team! You can't pick and choose like that! It wouldn't be faior if someone who helped T&T qualify gets left out to make room for Zamora or Samuel, even if they ARE better players!
AH WELL THERE GOES RICKY SHAKES' DREAM!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 09:25:36 AM »
i say if there is a pressing need for some quality players to make the team more competitive then by all means.  you never know what could happen, suppose some injuries etc. (God forbid) befall some of the players, what then?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 09:36:29 AM »
yep

if they could help de team..sure. we fans have the right to be emotional and fickle, so long as we recognize it as such. if we go to the cup..bring on whoever. we have to be pragmatic. the strongest team at the Cup will POTENTIALLY help our national image/profile, improve all the other players, win more money for all the players and the TTFA, create greater pro contract opportunities for the local boys. Some men might lose dey place, but that is de business, and is short sighted. it eh dat cool on ah emotional level...but neither is playing krap in front the whole world. is up to the coaching staff to see if them men could help.

and we love Shaka, Yorke and Latas now?...allyah men too fickle. at least Zamorra and JLloyd grow up in England and play youth ball in England. Shaka play college's league for CIC and still make style. PLus any man who play for TnT will grow to love it and seeing them transform into one of our own is real love. If we see Zamorra and Jlloyd start to pay for TnT with that England boy tenacity and playing for we with heart, you go change you mind.

leh we wait and see if we quaify first before men get too vex. but answer dis question....you born in TnT, grow up here, play national under 17, national under 20, your father is a Trini, but you mother from Guyana. Guyanese national coach call you..what you go do?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2005, 09:39:59 AM »
I can't really say that they turned their backs on us because they were never with us to begin with. JLyoyd, he's a born Trini but he still thinks he can make the English team. Zamora, well he's delusional because he thinks the same, he believes he can usurp, Heskey, Da Foe, Crouch, Bent, Vassell, Andy Johnson, Kevin Phillips, oh yeah and Rooney and Owen.

Generally I would say NO to including people who have not been in the set up so far with the exception of Tony Warner at Fulham. And there are always those times when you make an exception but generally NO.

If these players were playing in the lower leagues, they would gladly accept the invitation given to themto represent Trinidada and Tobago.  If you look atthe players who have played for Trinidad in the past, almost all of them are players coming from th eold Division one and lower, with the exception of Hislop. When a player gets to the Premiership, especially if they have already represented England at schoolboy level, they are more than willing to do their best and hope for a call up to the England squad before they retire. in the case of Zamorra, at his age, he really would like to hold out and see what the future holds for him as far as England is concerned. The benefits of playing for England far outweigh the benefits of playing for Trinidad, financially and otherwise. Currently in the EPL. The only really good top-flight player over the years who realistically had a chnace of representing England, but chose to represent Jamaica was Jason Euell. Hewas very close to being included in teh England Squad at one point. Darren Bent and Marcus Bent have both ben invited to play with Jamaica in teh past, both have declined the invitation. You fnd thatthe players who are really interested in playing for either T&T orJamaica will almost always initiate contact.  The list of players to have contacetd the JFF, most playing in the lower leagues is too much to list. Perhaps its the same situation withTrinidad.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 09:42:59 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2005, 09:48:55 AM »

If we go to the cup, we want to field the strongest team possible, and these guys can help us. These guys never really "turned their backs" on us.......they just were not confident that playing for us would be beneficial to their careers, and I'm sure there are pressures on them coming from different angles.

we cyar take them cause dat sending ah real dottish message tuh de youth and dem!!

Why would nanyone bother play any football for trinidad again if it is we have foreign men who just waiting tuh reap from the sowing of other men!!

Dey ent want tuh come and help we qualify but dey have a right to play if we do? Nah man!

If our squad is good enough to qualify, then they good enough to play!  Imagine having tuh drop either kenwyne jones or scott sealey from de world cup squad just because zamora coming tuh play.

Ah sure after dem 3 games in germany he never where ah T&T shirt again!!

dat is madness!

Yuh cyar compare dat tuh latas cause latas come tuh help we qualify and i sure he was coming all along but just wanted to come closer to crunch time..lol.

HELL NO!!!  [/glow]

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2005, 09:54:17 AM »
thor=kicker

You dont play for your country only when you think its benefcial to you, you play for pride and honor and Patriotism. (latapy is the exception that proves the rule)  If these guys are not interested in helping us get there, why should we give them a chance to wear the Red White and Black, so we can score some more goals in the WC.  Allyuh so only studying winning, qualifying for the WC would mean so much more to the country than just football and winning games.

Mr ah  hear u an my patriotism seem to be calling for ah blank on Zmora and them eh but ah have to say my patriotism should go furhter than that( To blank other players because of their unwillingness to come forward and support our cause  )

I feel we want to show up at the worlds with our best possible squad to make us and every trinbagonian look good and walk with we head up on the international stage so as not to be the laughing stock of the whole footballing world. If we shine on the world stage every trini in here will have esomething to be proud of.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2005, 09:55:49 AM »
NO WAY...
The current foreign based who diss us is probably better than some of our current players, but I rather lose with the players who get buss head, nearly dead in plane crash from CRica, and who basically got us to where we are, than for some johnny come lately come now and will probably start ahead of the players who bussing they ass all the time. Fair is fair...

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2005, 09:59:42 AM »

RF wa u trying sah......
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2005, 10:06:13 AM »
[quote ]
If only it were that simple.....that's the way it should be, don't get me wrong, but I choose to live in the real world. You think Birchall was patriotic to T&T when he decided to play for us ? He probably still doesn't know the National Anthem, and probably still considers himself British before anything else.....I wouldn't be surprised if he would support England over T&T if he weren't playing. He plays for us partially because he saw a chance to play in the WC.....and we support him regarldless....yes he took a bigger risk, but it was the same principle

We support him because he did not concern himself with IF we MIGHT qualify, he accepted the call showed up and plays his ass off.
That aint being sentimental, thats just facts.

True, and we may still lose with them.....and them being on the team doesn't take away from the value of qualifying for the World Cup.......so nice pep talk but that's besides the point.

Yes them being on the team does take away from the value of qualifying for the WC, cause if guys who been playing all along to the best of their ability have to lose a spot to these Johnny come Latelys, that will be highly unfair.  And if them men find that the country over looking them for starboys, they go feel they might as well stick with their club we go fight them down real quick on this forum!!

Regardless of what they are coming to do, they will help, and they will not only boost their own careers, but also the careers of our other players, should they make us more successful.

"Regardless of what they coming to do...." I dont buy into that win at all cost attitude.  Why dont Warner go out find some ballers, marry them off to some trini women, give them citizenship and {POOF} instant qualification!!
I guess well all measure and quantify success differently.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2005, 10:09:21 AM »

If we go to the cup, we want to field the strongest team possible, and these guys can help us. These guys never really "turned their backs" on us.......they just were not confident that playing for us would be beneficial to their careers, and I'm sure there are pressures on them coming from different angles.

we cyar take them cause dat sending ah real dottish message tuh de youth and dem!!

Why would nanyone bother play any football for trinidad again if it is we have foreign men who just waiting tuh reap from the sowing of other men!!

Dey ent want tuh come and help we qualify but dey have a right to play if we do? Nah man!

If our squad is good enough to qualify, then they good enough to play!  Imagine having tuh drop either kenwyne jones or scott sealey from de world cup squad just because zamora coming tuh play.

Ah sure after dem 3 games in germany he never where ah T&T shirt again!!

dat is madness!

Yuh cyar compare dat tuh latas cause latas come tuh help we qualify and i sure he was coming all along but just wanted to come closer to crunch time..lol.

HELL NO!!!  [/glow]

Andre........what wrong with dropping Scott Sealy, Kenwyne or even Stern.

I doe agree with that line if they good enough to qualify, then they good enough to play.........That is relative, we qualifying by beating minnows in the footballing world.....remember its the BIG dance we talking about. The best in the world. Try and remember we still struggling in qualifying, why cant a player who is better not come in and help the team?

The best must represent us on the big stage and unless they performing drop they tail.

If Zamora not performing he shouldnt make the side either.

It should boil down to who scoring goals and who in form when they put on a TT jersey and they level of skill.

Save the charity for hurricane victims and others in need. Football is not about charity is about performance.

Honestly plenty players on this TT side there not because of what they bring to the team, but rather because we lacking options in terms of replacements.........no one competent to do so.

I say let the best represent we........if a man get shaft, who vex lorse, at least THE COUNTRY benefitting as the strongest team will be on the field.

Thats why the only thing we does win is FAIR PLAY instead of trophy.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 10:17:23 AM by Touches »

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2005, 10:11:09 AM »
thor=kicker

Mr ah  hear u an my patriotism seem to be calling for ah blank on Zmora and them eh but ah have to say my patriotism should go furhter than that( To blank other players because of their unwillingness to come forward and support our cause  )

I feel we want to show up at the worlds with our best possible squad to make us and every trinbagonian look good and walk with we head up on the international stage so as not to be the laughing stock of the whole footballing world. If we shine on the world stage every trini in here will have esomething to be proud of.

I would be more proud of my team if we go with who we have now, lose every game 5-0, with them fellas fighting to the end, than if we qualify pull in all these newcomers and make the qtr finals.
Only waggionist take prine in a winning side, not that I am callin you a waggonist.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2005, 10:25:15 AM »
I would be more proud of my team if we go with who we have now, lose every game 5-0, with them fellas fighting to the end, than if we qualify pull in all these newcomers and make the qtr finals.
Only waggionist take prine in a winning side, not that I am callin you a waggonist.

MR MC,

I respectfully disagree with you, at the end of the day I doe care who wearing the TT shirt. It is Trinidad and Tobago being represented not an individual player.i.e......Tom, Dick or Harrylall.

I rather let TT make a 1/4 final instead of collecting 5-0 anyday breds.

Also why you want your country get embarrassed on an int stage just to prove a personal point.

The rest of the world doe know our players far less do they care who play in qualifiers or who is a addition. At the end of the day people just want to see good football and the best players on the world stage.

If a man better and SIGNIFICANTLY so slot him in.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2005, 10:28:46 AM »
Does anyone even remember that Deco is a Brazilian who made the Portugal team just before they hosted the European Championships?

Does anyone realize that Trezeguet was born and raised in Argentina, played pro ball there and only switched to France when he didn't make the Argentine Senior national team before WC 1998?

Roy Keane abandoned Ireland when they needed him most...and they still took him back.

I guess Shaka should not go to the WC because he completely blank us in previous campaigns when we really needed him? Or I guess he gets a reprieve because we never qualified so he didn't have a chance to jump on the bandwagon.

And Yorke? And Latas? Why take them back? We probably woulda never see Latas if we didn't have a chance to qualify. He wouldn't come play just for the love of his country. We probably woulda never see Yorke if his club career wasn't on the wane. We happily took them back...but what kind of message we sending to the youths then?

The best players should get to play. Footballers understand the business of football. Fans still want to be romatics. Cox, Birchall not playing for TnT because they always love the country. They took a calculated risk so that they could go to the WC and further their own personal careers. They might love TnT now, but why we rewarding them just because they had less belief in their own abilities to represent England. If they could play for England...forget it.

And you can love your country and still turn it down for your own personal gains. Right? Dat is the case for many of the foreign-based who on dis forum...and many locals who would jump at the opportunity to try their luck abroad. Livin' away doh make you less Trinidadian and we would probably go back if it suits us personally. But we de fans want to hold players to a different standard...but ent they have to live their own life too. There club careers is what will support them and their families. I doubt fellas like Zamorra and JLLoyd come from money. Let them come when it suits them..it is fine. That is life..and if they could help us we will all reap the benefits...wait and see.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2005, 10:32:37 AM »
Does anyone realize that Trezeguet was born and raised in Argentina, played pro ball there and only switched to France when he didn't make the Argentine Senior national team before WC 1998?

Did you know that Trez represented France at youth WC . ???
Live large and prosper!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2005, 10:34:38 AM »
Lemme ask alyuh a question here!

How is Latapy coming back at this late stage and contributing positively to the TT team different to another player coming in.

How come we didnt get vex that he replace Theobold, Rahim, Wolfe or any other player who get shaft!

The point I am making is that once a positive result is achieved and remember its WC we talking about, the replaced player will be an afterthought.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2005, 10:36:23 AM »
[quote ]

We support him because he did not concern himself with IF we MIGHT qualify, he accepted the call showed up and plays his ass off.
That aint being sentimental, thats just facts.

That's a faulty and very weak argument- you're trying to make an irrelevant connection between being using sentimental/emotional judgement, and stating a "fact" about Birchall

I never said he didn't play his ass off. I admitted that he took more of a risk than Jloyd etc........but my point was that you can't make a judgement of his patriotism.......which is the judgement that you're making on the others......You totally missed my point, and sadly I'm not surprised

You say that playing for a national team is about patriotism and national pride and I was saying that we know nothing about Birchall's patriotism- for all we know he may have none, but we support him anyway.......

Anyway, I realize that this is a waste of energy, and we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. People will see it from different perspectives..........Let's just hope we make it, then we can argue about this one again later

1]; } ?>