March 28, 2024, 05:56:32 PM

Author Topic: Pato  (Read 3933 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pato
« on: January 17, 2009, 02:47:43 PM »
Is he the next in the line of ultra-prolific Brazilian out & out center forwards..

Careca, Romario, Ronaldo, Adriano, Pato?

This season he has looked unstoppable at times...

At 19, if he continues to improve it's scary to think how good he will get.

All the hype at Milan nowadays is around Beckham (arriving) and Kaka (now that he might leave), but the real shining star in my opinion has been Pato.

What kinda price tag y'all feel this fella will have when teams decide to target him?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pato
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 02:59:37 PM »
He really have it. Especially for a 19 year old. De speed real frightening too. Time will tell just how good he could get.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 03:27:58 PM »
Is he the next in the line of ultra-prolific Brazilian out & out center forwards..

All the hype at Milan nowadays is around Beckham (arriving) and Kaka (now that he might leave), but the real shining star in my opinion has been Pato.

What kinda price tag y'all feel this fella will have when teams decide to target him?

last week against roma i was saying how he overrated, then the man ups and score an easy tap in and then a beauty making meh land meh foot in me mouth.

I think he finally settle down and ready to take the world by storm.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 04:18:26 PM »
the duck have it

remember ronaldo had a world cup medal at 19
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 04:19:28 PM »
Seems very humble and plays the game with a sense of honesty and grace, even though he is a galactico at a legendary club .... maybe having players/ role models around him such as Maldini, Kaka, Seedorf, Gattuso, Cafu, and Nesta can only help but nurture a young budding talent into a world class professional.

Also pays homage to the legends ..... as in when he deferred to Ronaldo as the true Fenomeno, when people started using that label to describe him.

Where he lands up will be up to him ... but so far, he's off to an phenomenal start.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 04:25:33 PM »
one of de brightest stars in de near future.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline LondonTrini LFC

• El mejor...
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Rafa is Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 04:47:11 PM »

He is de business...

buh wha bout RIVALDO???
Shut up Sven...

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 04:49:17 PM »
dunna if Rivaldo could be considered an out and out striker.

Attacking midfielder probably.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 05:13:04 PM »
Right now Amauri is probably the best outright Brazilian striker, if you ask me.  Whether he'll play for Brazil, is another issue.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 05:17:17 PM »
Dunga keeping the faith in Diego.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 05:20:17 PM »

wonder if arsenal tried to poach him when he was in form three?

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 06:01:13 PM »
lol .... these days Form 3 is retirement age at Arsenal.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 06:05:04 PM »
Right now Amauri is probably the best outright Brazilian striker, if you ask me.  Whether he'll play for Brazil, is another issue.

I think he's trying to get an Italian passport in the hopes of reppin' Italy.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 07:15:34 PM »
lol .... these days Form 3 is retirement age at Arsenal.

:rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2009, 07:18:18 PM »

I think he's trying to get an Italian passport in the hopes of reppin' Italy.

Dunga said he will call up Amauri for the friendly against (irony of ironies) Italy on Feb 10

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=605104&sec=worldcup2010&cc=5901

Dunga keeping the faith in Diego.

Diego plays central midfield and is almost always a sub

probably. Amauri and Luis Fabiano are a close call in my book. Pato, in terms of what I've seen he could do, will be on a different plane from those two if his game continues to come along

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 08:46:48 PM »
Saw the duck at the U20 WC in Canada and he was impressive.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2009, 09:50:14 PM »

Didn't see 'the Duck', but was very fortunate to see Kuhn twice
in Canada.
If I had to pick between the two, I would say Kuhn, now.
He doesn't have the calibre of players around him like
Pato does, and he is still among the top scorers in La Liga.

Another thing I liked when I saw Kuhn, is how much his style
of play reminds one of Romario, and his stature. Low to the
ground, with tree trunks for legs, a real nose for the 'onion
bag', with one slight difference from Romario, his work rate.

The Duck and Kuhn, two excellent players for the future.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 08:09:57 AM »

Didn't see 'the Duck', but was very fortunate to see Kuhn twice
in Canada.
If I had to pick between the two, I would say Kuhn, now.
He doesn't have the calibre of players around him like
Pato does, and he is still among the top scorers in La Liga.

Another thing I liked when I saw Kuhn, is how much his style
of play reminds one of Romario, and his stature. Low to the
ground, with tree trunks for legs, a real nose for the 'onion
bag', with one slight difference from Romario, his work rate.

The Duck and Kuhn, two excellent players for the future.

Kun Aguero is a boss..and I agree that he is eerily like Romario. Even Romario had decent workrate in his younger years.

Kun made the move to Europe earlier than Pato and he's a regular starter now for the full Argentina senior national team, so you can see the difference in development and experience. Pato now coming on as a regular starter for Milan, and he is part of the Brazilan national team squad but hasn't cracked the starting 11. He's a year younger than Kun, but probably 2 years behind in terms of experience, I think.

Good observations. So many superb youths coming up. People need to check Angel Di Maria at Benfica. He will surprise people when he breaks into a truly big squad

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 10:13:18 AM »

He isnt all that, I dont think he'll get all that much better (famous last words)  ;)

Won't ever be better than Messi, Robinho, Fat Ronaldo, Thin Ronaldo, Ronaldinho or even Michael Owen

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 11:03:58 AM »

Won't ever be better than Messi, Robinho, Fat Ronaldo, Thin Ronaldo, Ronaldinho or even Michael Owen

You call some of the best strikers to ever play the game and then Owen. Pato at this stage of his career (which is very early) is on course to being one of the best ever. He has pace to give away, awareness, a fierce shot and could dribble.

If he keeps his head on and learn from the likes of Kaka and R10 there is no limit.

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2009, 11:16:15 AM »

I wouldn't compare him to players like Robinho, Ronaldinho, C Ronaldo (who I'm assuming is thin Ronaldo), or Messi...They are more creative types in my opinion, rather than out & out strikers.

I think he definitely has potential to be as good or better than Michael Owen...

And well R9 (Fat Ronaldo), at his peak was the best to have ever played the game in my opinion, so if yuh could be great and still not reach those heights.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009, 11:18:30 AM »

You call some of the best strikers to ever play the game and then Owen. Pato at this stage of his career (which is very early) is on course to being one of the best ever. He has pace to give away, awareness, a fierce shot and could dribble.

If he keeps his head on and learn from the likes of Kaka and R10 there is no limit.

Just cuz someone is good at 19, doh mean they will be great at 25. Most players who are good at 19 are good at 25, not great.

Owen had all those qualities at 18. Pato will do well to be as successful as Owen (except he'll probably have a better chance of winning a World Cup).

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2009, 12:08:33 PM »
I remember seeing him come on in the first game of the season, can't remember who they played against but I doremember how he and Shevchenko wasn't playing well together but they definitely looked like two ships passing in the night.  One, a weary, old vessel in its way to dry dock and the other one, fresh off the production line and off to battle with guns blazing.  He was playing hungrily and aggressively and was very, very quick on and off the ball while Sheva looked a shell of his old self, looking very rusty, slow and clueless.  Even though he seemed to have drawn the ire of one or two of his teammates (Sheva being one) and Ro-Ro got all the headlines, It was clear to me that Pato was looking to start living up to all the hype.  Reminded me of a rookie Kobe Bryant: a little selfish but extremely talented and very brave.  I think he is on his way to being recognized as one of the best top players in the world within the next couple years.  Another Brazilian that has been steadily showing world class form the past couple years (above the potential he showed from early on in his career) but hasn't been receiving the recognition he deserves is Julio Caesar.     

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 12:54:13 PM »

Just cuz someone is good at 19, doh mean they will be great at 25. Most players who are good at 19 are good at 25, not great.

the only part of that i disagree with is there are extremely few 19 year olds at his level right now. he is better than just 'good'. He is not great yet and noone knows where he will end up..point well taken. But 9 goals in 13 starts (some wonder goals too) in Serie A for a 19 year old is not just good. And he and Kaka are Milan's attack..he not just benefitting from great midfielders..without him on the field Milan forward line is average. He supposed to be getting ready for the South American Under 20 youth champs right now..he in a different class from the vast majority of his peers. So it is no surprise people expect a lot...... is not like there are a host of teenagers in Europe playing like him at the moment..

giggsy11

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 01:04:44 PM »

Owen had all those qualities at 18. Pato will do well to be as successful as Owen (except he'll probably have a better chance of winning a World Cup).

Owen was and is primarily a poacher with speed, lacking skills, doesn't set up anybody. Hence him not being able to 'hack it' in Laliga. I say Pato has a better overall game/skills set.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 01:06:36 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 02:18:49 PM »

Injuries got in the way of Owen being great...IMO

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 03:12:34 PM »

Owen was and is primarily a poacher with speed, lacking skills, doesn't set up anybody. Hence him not being able to 'hack it' in Laliga. I say Pato has a better overall game/skills set.

I find when Owen got a chance, he was boss at Real Madrid. If it wasn't for constant injuries, would have been among the modern greats.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 03:53:54 PM »
the four strikers around the same age that have impressed me and I will keep an eye on are.
Pato, Aguero, Kirkich and Jovetic. The first three have played way more games for their clubs while Jovetic is only now starting out.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2009, 04:18:03 PM »
pato is a dan, you could feel the mood in the stadium change when he getting ready to come on. he didn't really star out at the U-20 championships (jo, believe it or not was the star player imho) but he played well. last week for the second goal against roma he leave out mexes, make him look very ordinary (mexes, despite some mental frailties is a very good defender mind you).  i remember when he came on for his debut you could tell that the other milan players were setting him up to score, which he eventually did, i say to myself, this youthman will be the next big thing.   ancellotti is bringing him along nicely, not playing him too much to burn him out.    talking about jo, i feel he have to leave man city to get back his mojo because he is a next youthman could do really well.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2009, 04:47:14 PM »
pato is a dan, you could feel the mood in the stadium change when he getting ready to come on. he didn't really star out at the U-20 championships (jo, believe it or not was the star player imho) but he played well. last week for the second goal against roma he leave out mexes, make him look very ordinary (mexes, despite some mental frailties is a very good defender mind you).  i remember when he came on for his debut you could tell that the other milan players were setting him up to score, which he eventually did, i say to myself, this youthman will be the next big thing.   ancellotti is bringing him along nicely, not playing him too much to burn him out.    talking about jo, i feel he have to leave man city to get back his mojo because he is a next youthman could do really well.

breds..i feel you talking about the South American Under 20 Championship that Brazil won and that doubles up as qualifiers for the youth WC...Cuz in the WC Jo real disappoint. He was the star name, but Jo and most of Brazil played tata. Don't think the ManCity striker scored a single goal. You could see he had something, but Pato outshone him. Brazil's two best players were Willian (started tournament as a sub) and a short man named Leandro Lima. Marcelo had a so-so tournament.

Doh get me wrong. Jo real good. Much better than what mancity fans have seen (or not seen) so far

1]; } ?>