June 23, 2024, 09:18:47 AM

Author Topic: Your thoughts..  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Your thoughts..
« on: September 22, 2005, 05:57:21 AM »
With everyone complaining/envoius of all the $$ Chelski is spending every year now..what are your thoughts on a Salary Cap ? Would it even out the playing field a bit? How difficult is it to move up to the top 4-5 in England if you don't have bush money to spend?

Thoughts?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Your thoughts..
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 06:03:38 AM »
Not my thoughts, but it's on the topic:
Whelan calls for top-flight salary cap
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 06:34:44 AM »
 That might football less attractive in england to good players. Good english players would leave england if they getting more esle where. Your pay has to be justified in england so players play hard for their money. Chelsea have the best team cause they could afford the best team...that is not other clubs bizness

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 06:46:05 AM »
A salary cap would solve only part of the problem and I'm sure they can work around it with things like bonuses and so on. Also, the transfer fees is another problem because as Arsene Wenger said, as soon as Chelski enters the market for a certain player the price immediately doubles and they simply out bid other teams. It makes no sense competing with Chelsea in a bidding war for a player because you will lose. In any event, football should be treated like any other business and a salary cap would solve very little in my opinion is any of the big leagues.

1]; } ?>