May 01, 2024, 07:58:14 AM

Author Topic: Latapy poised for Caledonia move  (Read 8116 times)

Offline tsingh

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy poised for Caledonia move
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2009, 04:01:47 PM »
Ah have a question ... if you is a player playing against latapy ... how would you handle him on the field of play ... knowing he might be the one to give you a callup on the National Team?  Just a question ...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy poised for Caledonia move
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2009, 04:26:21 PM »
Real men missing my point. I have no probs with him at Cali, as I understand the positive effect it could have on the outfit. This is not my contention.

I just belivev that if hings are going to change, then we just cannot accept this situation as is. If Latas have is to change things, when will that happen? All of a sudden we understand "how things work" in T&T, but cussing JW and Maturana everyday. How is Latapy to affect change if we, the fans, understand that change cannot and may not come about just like that, yet we hail him as the one to right the ship.

Remember the posts on the board when LP came on board the TTFF? I will search for those thread and post it. I know I maybe sounding negative and all, but I just find that is about time we be better and operate like we know what we doing. This is the year 2009, and our assistant coach is playing for a team as a "free role single forward".

Let's get serious. What if Maturana open up a dental office in St. Clair for when T&T fotball "slow"? Or open up a horse ranch in Mayaro and start giving horse riding lesson in his spare time?  How would we react to such moves? See we have to consistent in how we evaluate management. We have a serious case of being bias, no objectivity at all and we have to be better than that if we want to have a proper footballing structure.

Look at this example , yet our assistant coach have free time to play football. I believe all we seeing is Latapy, and not the position. I am seeing the position and knows what is required for such an integral part of the technical staff. But say what, we want, what we want.

Elan, as much sense as you making, you missing the point too. You have to remember that in addition to his coaching duties, Latapy is also part of the pool of PLAYERS. This therefore requires that he keep a satisfactory level of match fitness, and the only way to do that is to find a club. As long as his title is Player/Coach, he has to keep playing.

And that's what I am saying, he should not be playing. Just coach.

I wish all of you all good luck, cause you all don't want the best for T&T, you all want to be entertained at any cost
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>