April 28, 2024, 11:27:00 PM

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones: Is he a Cole or a Drogba?  (Read 3765 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones: Is he a Cole or a Drogba?
« on: January 21, 2009, 06:18:29 AM »
Kenwyne Jones: Is he a Cole or a Drogba?
dearmrlevy.com

Palacios has completed his medical, all down to personal terms being agreed now. Would be nice that some day Spurs will have a scouting network that allows them to pick up these players BEFORE they become flavour of the month with other clubs who got there first. An obvious change in mentality is needed. Just because we are a rich club that can attract players to London life doesn’t mean we need to be lazy with our approach and wait for other clubs to pluck players from obscurity, and then wait for us to come in with an over-inflated bid. Well done to Wigan for purchasing a reserve player for less than a million and selling him for fourteen. Now that's sell-on value that Levy would appreciate.

Still no confirmation on Appiah, but the forum and message board 'In The Know' peeps are suggesting it's still going to happen. We shall see.

We have also apparently signed Chelsea keeper Cudicini for a million. Great if he is at the club to give Gomes competition and play as number 2. Not so great if ‘arry has decided to sell Gomes. My money is on Carlo being a replacement for Sanchez. If this is confirmed later on, then good work on getting experienced Premiership cover for this position.

Our interest in Kenwyne Jones seems to have gone quiet due to Sunderland’s insistence that he will not be sold under any circumstances. Two schools of thought about this player, so if you are either Spurs or Sunderland I wouldn’t mind hearing your opinions on him. To be honest, I’ve not seen enough of the guy in action. And Match of the Day highlights when he does play well is not a good basis for making a true educated opinion on his value.

School of Thought #1 ‘He’s a Carlton Cole’

Not that Cole is a bad player to have at the minute (evident by his recent form for the Hammers). Cole’s got rid of the dj’ing and other distractions (and his knees seems to be ok nowadays) and also has the comfort of no competition at West Ham which has actually worked positively in his favour. So is Jones just a clone of Carlton? Jones is not prolific. He is not a natural goal-scorer and arguably has a poor touch and finishing ability compared to other Prem forwards (let alone players actually worth '£15M'). He’s also a bit lazy and apart from being a bit of a lump the only quality he does have is he’s good in the air.

School of Thought #2 ‘He’s a young Drogba’

I’m sure this has stuck from the time Roy Keane said he was the best forward in the country and he wouldn’t sell him for £20M. It was Keane who compared him to Drogba, and others also believe he will develop into the same type of player and that currently he is simply a young version of the Chelsea striker (without the diving). Simply needs to mature as a player before the class shines through. Can you see it? I can’t. Maybe I’m not looking hard enough.

The only question that should be asked (if this deal was to get back on track)? Is he what we need? I’d say what we need at the moment is a foil for Defoe. I don’t have faith in Bent and I think Pav would also probably benefit from a foilesque type of player.

Both JD and Pav are potentially 15-20 goals per season players, if partnered up well (whether that’s together is something Harry needs to work out). So, Jones – or whoever we look at as an alternative – is going to be our 3rd option. And that would have to be a bit of a lump with a touch of pace. Would also be a bonus if he had a good touch and finishing abilities.

Jones is big and can put himself about. And he has pace. And he also fits the Redknapp seal of approval. He’s the type of player he goes for. Obviously, considering we have enquired/bid for him. We also need someone who is strong in the air, and there’s no doubting this particular trait of Jones.

So is he the right forward to help complete the required trinity for survival and progression? Goals have dried up at the Lane since Berba and Keano moved on.

Regardless of whether he is closer to Cole than he is to Drogba (I still don't see it) or somewhere in the middle of the two.

Would you swap him for Bent? Would Sunderland be silly enough to take Bent?

With us being far from safe in our Prem League standing, does Jones fit the bill with the task at hand? If he doesn’t, who does?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones: Is he a Cole or a Drogba?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 09:08:36 AM »
Well, he definitely not lazy and he has a good touch...so the author if the piece really hasn't seen him apart from match of the day highlights.

But then again, he is lazier than he was last year and Stern wasn't lazy in the earlies either so he could be seeing into the future once Kenwyne get a big move and figure "he reach"

I think we can all agree (despite the fact that we biased) that he better than Carlton Cole though...strength, speed, shooting and heading. And though they have not seen it in the EPL, he can blow pass men as well.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 10:59:23 AM »
Well, he definitely not lazy and he has a good touch...so the author if the piece really hasn't seen him apart from match of the day highlights.

But then again, he is lazier than he was last year and Stern wasn't lazy in the earlies either so he could be seeing into the future once Kenwyne get a big move and figure "he reach"

I think we can all agree (despite the fact that we biased) that he better than Carlton Cole though...strength, speed, shooting and heading. And though they have not seen it in the EPL, he can blow pass men as well.

Who have ah good touch??!? Kenwyne??? LOL LOL LOL :rotfl:
who you watchin?

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 11:23:57 AM »
He isnt lazy I know for TT he works pretty hard.
His touch is definitely poor , his pace is average to me he hasnt developed in the manner that I'd like to see him ...... his mobility has stagnated a bit as far as I can see now he has taken a few steps back from the 2006 campaign when he was moving and frustrating defenses and he is not prolific or clinical ...right now I can only categorize as a big target man who is decent in the air....I'm thinking a better club and better coaches will improve him but for now he seems lil more than average to me!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 11:29:33 AM »

I think we can all agree (despite the fact that we biased) that he better than Carlton Cole though...strength, speed, shooting and heading.

maybe one day..but not yet

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 11:31:53 AM »

I think we can all agree (despite the fact that we biased) that he better than Carlton Cole though...strength, speed, shooting and heading.

Filho, you of all people actually saying that Carlton Cole better than Kenwyne??   

yuh taking yuh meds?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:35:53 AM by omarldinho »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 11:36:27 AM »

Filho, you of all people actually saying that Carlton Cole better than Kenwyne??   :rotfl: :rotfl:

And this is after saying that Robben looking better than Messi??

yuh taking yuh meds?

jesus. how you could come and write that I say Robben looking better than Messi. I said the manis on fire and is 2nd to Messi. wham...you are Jai John is disgiuse. And is not to say the thread ole eh...I feel is you not taking your meds.

yeah..and carlton Cole looking better than KJ this season. that is all I could really go by

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 11:37:38 AM »

Filho, you of all people actually saying that Carlton Cole better than Kenwyne??   :rotfl: :rotfl:

yuh taking yuh meds?

jesus. how you could come and write that I say Robben looking better than Messi. I said the manis on fire and is 2nd to Messi. wham...you are Jai John is disgiuse. And is not to say the thread ole eh...I feel is you not taking your meds.

yeah..and carlton Cole looking better than KJ this season. that is all I could really go by

where did I say that? :devil:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 11:48:37 AM »

yuh taking yuh meds?

where did I say that? :devil:

well yuh lil slow on your edit cuz it still in the quote that i replied to  :devil:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:50:47 AM by Filho »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 12:02:24 PM »
Carlton Cole is an excellent player and so is Kenwyne :)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 01:43:09 PM »
Carlton Cole and Kenwyne Jones are very very similar.  This is the closest comparison to Kenwyne that i have seen. 

The only difference is........Kenwyne is way better in the air.....TALK DONE!!

They both dont have a good first touch and they dont have a sound technique.  However they are both very strong and can hold up the ball we and be a handfull for a defender.

They both take shots at goal (with both feet) as if they are just swinging their feet at the ball rather than a "torres" or a "rooney" who seems to be trying to place it in the corners.

Another difference is that Carlton Cole made his premier league debut at age 18 in 2002 (one year after the 2001 U17 world cup in Trinidad when Jones was a defender), so definetely Cole has more premier league experience!!

nb: when cole was scoring goals for chelsea, jones was a CB/RB for W connection!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 01:50:09 PM »
Carlton Cole and Kenwyne Jones are very very similar.  This is the closest comparison to Kenwyne that i have seen. 

The only difference is........Kenwyne is way better in the air.....TALK DONE!!

They both dont have a good first touch and they dont have a sound technique.  However they are both very strong and can hold up the ball we and be a handfull for a defender.

They both take shots at goal (with both feet) as if they are just swinging their feet at the ball rather than a "torres" or a "rooney" who seems to be trying to place it in the corners.

Another difference is that Carlton Cole made his premier league debut at age 18 in 2002 (one year after the 2001 U17 world cup in Trinidad when Jones was a defender), so definetely Cole has more premier league experience!!

nb: when cole was scoring goals for chelsea, jones was a CB/RB for W connection!!

ah love it!!

Talk not done..

For one Kenwyne is physically much stronger. Cole may be a handful for defenders but I cannot remember him ever being a worry for the best defenders. A certain Nemanja Vidic, John Terry and Rio Ferdinand have all attested to the threat that Kenwyne poses. Never heard anything of the sorts re Cole.

Secondly, Kenwyne can shoot from outside the box. This is typified by his goal first EPL goal against Reading and the first goal since coming back from injury. He also has a bullet of a free kick which is underutilized imo. Just ask the Peruvian keeper.

I would venture to say KJ has more flat out speed than Cole as typified by him beating the retreating English defenders to the ball that landed him with the collision with David James and the injury. Cole was never getting that ball. Admittedly, we have not seen him at top speed since he's been back from injury, but a 100% Kenwyne leaving out Cole any day of the week.

I don't know where you come up with 'when Cole was scoring goals for Chelsea', cause I cant remember that.

Hear what....

Kenwyne = 15 million pounds

Cole = 5 million pounds

Now TALK DONE!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 02:02:39 PM »
Talk not done..

For one Kenwyne is physically much stronger. Cole may be a handful for defenders but I cannot remember him ever being a worry for the best defenders. A certain Nemanja Vidic, John Terry and Rio Ferdinand have all attested to the threat that Kenwyne poses. Never heard anything of the sorts re Cole.

Secondly, Kenwyne can shoot from outside the box. This is typified by his goal first EPL goal against Reading and the first goal since coming back from injury. He also has a bullet of a free kick which is underutilized imo. Just ask the Peruvian keeper.

I would venture to say KJ has more flat out speed than Cole as typified by him beating the retreating English defenders to the ball that landed him with the collision with David James and the injury. Cole was never getting that ball. Admittedly, we have not seen him at top speed since he's been back from injury, but a 100% Kenwyne leaving out Cole any day of the week.

I don't know where you come up with 'when Cole was scoring goals for Chelsea', cause I cant remember that.

Hear what....

Cole = 5 million pounds

Now TALK DONE!

Yuh see omar, i aint no just come chelsea supporter, so i know about cole and his scoring goals for chelsea during his younger days.

You talk about Kenwyne at full speed, but how do you know that Carlton Cole isnt fast? How is Kenwyne stronger? lol? You does be spotting both ah dem in the gym or what?  When last u watch West Ham play?

Cole is fast and very strong and also he is in the form of his life (he on my fantasy side.......lol....helping me stay on the first page....lol).

I already highlighted that Kenwyne is better in the air (way better), and that is the reason why Vidic and Terry say that he is difficult to handle......it is his aerial ability that they talking about.

How many premiership goals does Kenwyne have outside the box?

How many goals does Carlton Cole have outside the box?

Look at the styles of both players and leave your patriotism aside for one second and u will see what i am talking about.

ah love it!!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 02:29:56 PM »
how the hell ppl does come up with this lazy thing? how come no one says cisse is lazy.   to not be considered lazy by the british u have to run down every ball  jones is doing that alot. but he is from the caribbean so i guess  blah blah blah ............geez dread that is so annoying. good read on the article though
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 02:36:40 PM »
touch lol allyuh kidding right, kenwyne aint no bess dribbler as yet, he definately needs to develop his first touch and dribbling, roberts is a better dribbler and has a better touch than kenwyne

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 02:41:18 PM »
he touch can be better i agree with that. he dribbling lil better than avg if you comparing him to onther fwds in the epl
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 02:46:43 PM »
Kenwyne Jones: He is a Kenwyne Jones

Now talk done fuh real!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »
Talk not done..

Hear what....

Cole = 5 million pounds

Now TALK DONE!

Yuh see omar, i aint no just come chelsea supporter, so i know about cole and his scoring goals for chelsea during his younger days.

You talk about Kenwyne at full speed, but how do you know that Carlton Cole isnt fast? How is Kenwyne stronger? lol? You does be spotting both ah dem in the gym or what?  When last u watch West Ham play?

Cole is fast and very strong and also he is in the form of his life (he on my fantasy side.......lol....helping me stay on the first page....lol).

I already highlighted that Kenwyne is better in the air (way better), and that is the reason why Vidic and Terry say that he is difficult to handle......it is his aerial ability that they talking about.

Look at the styles of both players and leave your patriotism aside for one second and u will see what i am talking about.

ah love it!!

yuh see how yuh trying to confuffle de ting?

how yuh mean how i know who stronger or who faster? is wha, i eh watching them play?

Cole is a goat going thru a good patch right now, but doh get tie up. He eh ready. And dont mix up fantasy team form with actual form because them scrape up goals he score over the last couple weeks (Paintsil mistake to gift him the goal, Konchesky mistake to give him the assist and another pothound goal a few weeks before in the dregs against Stoke that make Griffin get slap) doh say nutten about a player. Yes, I following Andre, he was in my side before you jump back on the train...

And ah find yuh conveniently ignore meh last statement in bold so lemme give you another one for de road:

If Cole was at Sunderland last season instead of Kenwyne, Sunderland would be in the Championship
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 02:50:15 PM by omarldinho »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 03:19:07 PM »
Omar, that last post is riddled with errors, but i forgive you!!

Five goals in the last five games? interesting!

Anyways, the moral of the story is that in my opinion, Kenwyne is better than Cole, but in terms of type of players, they are very similar with kenwyne being better in the air.

ah love it!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 03:42:47 PM »
He isnt lazy I know for TT he works pretty hard.
His touch is definitely poor , his pace is average to me he hasnt developed in the manner that I'd like to see him ...... his mobility has stagnated a bit as far as I can see now he has taken a few steps back from the 2006 campaign when he was moving and frustrating defenses and he is not prolific or clinical ...right now I can only categorize as a big target man who is decent in the air....I'm thinking a better club and better coaches will improve him but for now he seems lil more than average to me!

ah sticking by this
 Sports / Soca Warriors Online Discussion Forum / Re: Return is big relief for Jones

as expressed previously
I expect him to be a different type of player, not possible to be the same, neither physically or mentally, similar to Stern.
My guess, barring any further damage(please God). More improvements in ball control, vision and passing. Reduction in spontaniety, increase in recovery time, reduced explosiveness and ability to chase every ball.
Overall a better player, with reduced agressiveness.
The raw talent that every coach previously observed, would be improved, but note it's that raw talent that made him as dangerous as he was. Let's see what the new KJ brings. Good Luck KJ. Learn this new you, dont be frustrated by this new you, master it and yuhself. Dwight and Stern did, talk to them.

He is, who he is, KJ, Not Cole, not Drogba...and he still worth to some 10-15M..that is damn good in anybody book...buh we could all go orf on IFs
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 03:48:47 PM by maxg »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 04:32:58 PM »
Talk not done..

Hear what....

Cole = 5 million pounds

Now TALK DONE!

ah love it!!

yuh see how yuh trying to confuffle de ting?

how yuh mean how i know who stronger or who faster? is wha, i eh watching them play?

Cole is a goat going thru a good patch right now, but doh get tie up. He eh ready. And dont mix up fantasy team form with actual form because them scrape up goals he score over the last couple weeks (Paintsil mistake to gift him the goal, Konchesky mistake to give him the assist and another pothound goal a few weeks before in the dregs against Stoke that make Griffin get slap) doh say nutten about a player. Yes, I following Andre, he was in my side before you jump back on the train...

And ah find yuh conveniently ignore meh last statement in bold so lemme give you another one for de road:

If Cole was at Sunderland last season instead of Kenwyne, Sunderland would be in the Championship

lol allyuh boy go kill meh "Cole is a goat going thru a good patch right now"!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 04:37:22 PM »
Kenwyn is kenwyn, nobody else!!!!

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 06:21:05 PM »

Tottenham agree deal for Palacios
Wilson Palacios
Palacios joined Wigan from Deportivo Olimpia in January 2008

Tottenham have agreed a deal with Wigan to sign Wilson Palacios for £12m.

The midfielder has passed a medical after agreeing terms and the transfer will be completed once the Honduras international receives a work permit.

Palacios, 24, has been at Wigan since January 2008 after signing from Deportivo Olimpia on a three-and-a-half year deal for £1m.

He has agreed a five-and-a-half year contract at White Hart Lane after deciding to leave the JJB Stadium.

It is understood that Palacios had reservations about moving to London from north-west England, where he was settled.

But Spurs boss Harry Redknapp said he was always confident the deal would go through and has now got his man.

"He will come in here and get after it and play aggressively. He will work and close and run. I feel that we need a bit of that around the place," he said.

"Palacios is a player I have liked since I first saw him, and he has the ability to go on to become a top, top player.

"I just like the way he plays. He is an all-round modern midfielder - he gets after it, he is box-to-box.

"I speak to people who have played against him, like Frank Lampard, and no-one has had an easy game against him. He is after you all the time."

Wigan boss Bruce said: "The club record transfer fee will be smashed if the deal goes through, but that was never mine or the club's motivation here.

"The club is not in the business of trying to make a profit on players. I want to build a winning team here and keep my best players together.

606: DEBATE
Give your reaction to the Palacios transfer

"We did everything we could as a club to keep Wilson. We sat down with him last week and offered him a very good new deal, and tried to convince him his interests were best served by staying here at Wigan Athletic.

"However, I'm a big believer in not standing in the way of players' careers, as long as the terms are right for our club and I wish him all the best.

"He has served the club well in short time with us and has been a credit to both himself and the club.

"It is no wonder we have some big clubs enquiring about our players because they have done very well this season. I always said that my biggest challenge this month was to keep the squad together, whilst trying to add to it at the same time.

"There are always tough decisions to make, but it's my job to make what I see as the right choices for the long-term good of Wigan Athletic."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 06:23:23 PM »

Now talk done fuh real!

Yuh beat me 2 it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 06:28:46 PM »
there are definately bias comments on here about KJ. i personally watch and cheer him on every week and luv to see him do well.but lets be real. In the air he is top class , i won't say he is lazy he is just to laid bac and  i think it happens to alot of athlethe's who head get big up so much,well then again it is lazy.lol his touches needs alot alot of work as well as his shooting. i wonder if these guys ever look and say why is a superstar a superstar cause no matter how much money our fame the work on there game every chance they get alot want the fame and money and they good. they need to develop the kobe bryant , ronaldo , derrick jeter, tiger woods mentality they always wana be the best and win so they always practicing no matter what they just get better and it shows KJ needs the eye of the tiger . cause he has potential . imaging if he ran as hard as hard as Arron lennon, develop a shot like frank lampard, and touches like berbatov he would be a real problem with his size. but players only work on conditioning and stop working on there actual skill
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 07:06:11 PM »
Why Kenwyn have to be anybody. Kenwyn is Kenwyn and as he develops and plays his play will speak for himself
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 07:20:28 PM »
Now talk done fuh real!
DEEP, very Deep ;)
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 07:24:30 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 07:48:28 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: He had one more goal and less assists I believe

I'd say they're about equal

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 08:27:52 PM »
there are definately bias comments on here about KJ. i personally watch and cheer him on every week and luv to see him do well.but lets be real. In the air he is top class , i won't say he is lazy he is just to laid bac and  i think it happens to alot of athlethe's who head get big up so much,well then again it is lazy.lol his touches needs alot alot of work as well as his shooting. i wonder if these guys ever look and say why is a superstar a superstar cause no matter how much money our fame the work on there game every chance they get alot want the fame and money and they good. they need to develop the kobe bryant , ronaldo , derrick jeter, tiger woods mentality they always wana be the best and win so they always practicing no matter what they just get better and it shows KJ needs the eye of the tiger . cause he has potential . imaging if he ran as hard as hard as Arron lennon, develop a shot like frank lampard, and touches like berbatov he would be a real problem with his size. but players only work on conditioning and stop working on there actual skill
this is the truest post right here..too many of our players have a we reach attitude...
but to be honest i do thing kenwyne has improved a tad this season...his touch still need work tho...

giggsy11

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 08:46:59 PM »
Dey both know how tuh troway! Cole better at positioning himself tuh get opportunites, KJ still learning how to be an all round foward. Sometimes it appears he misses opportunites because did not anticipate a play. Cole anticipates but lacks composure to take those opportunities. Possibility exist Cole may have gotten as good as he can get whereas KJ has the potential to be better than Cole is right now. As of now in my opinion Cole's experience at the position makes him the better player today.

1]; } ?>